Finch Bakery #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
missing my babies.
Not that much you’ve booked two abroad holidays in the space of a month and left them at home for both! Don’t think they realise / acknowledge how bloody lucky they are to have the support network that allows them to do that.
I think they do know. I know I could if I wanted to and I would if I got chance to have my honeymoon (was cancelled when we were on our way to the airport) and I would miss my child but I wouldn't feel guilty as a newly wed spending time with my husband.

For all you know she could have just licked it. There's no evidence to say that Wren actually ate the raspberry. Everyone is guilt of letting their baby have a taste of something other than milk before 6 months!

I started my kid on pureed veg (it was basically like a water texture) at 4.5months on the recommendation from my midwife cos he was just so hungry all the time.
i’m not saying she shoved the raspberry in whole but you can tell from the picture she hasn’t just “licked it” it’s literally squashed between her fingers. There will be acidic juices that baby’s digestive system is not mature enough to handle. Some babies wean early with medical advice and have purées and things which is fine it’s recommended by a doctor/midwife/health visitor who is WAY more qualified than me and generally do it because the benefits outweigh the risks.
However baby led weaning as this would be classed as has multiple signs of readiness before you start; the biggest one being that baby is 6 months.
i’m not saying I’m the perfect parent however my 5.5 month old hasn’t had anything other than milk because I appreciate that giving her adult food before she is ready can cause her huge digestive issues down the line. That’s what makes them so irresponsible, amongst leaving the kids to swan off on multiple holidays and snorting god knows what whilst their kids are dumped on the parents.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
i’m not saying she shoved the raspberry in whole but you can tell from the picture she hasn’t just “licked it” it’s literally squashed between her fingers. There will be acidic juices that baby’s digestive system is not mature enough to handle. Some babies wean early with medical advice and have purées and things which is fine it’s recommended by a doctor/midwife/health visitor who is WAY more qualified than me and generally do it because the benefits outweigh the risks.
However baby led weaning as this would be classed as has multiple signs of readiness before you start; the biggest one being that baby is 6 months.
i’m not saying I’m the perfect parent however my 5.5 month old hasn’t had anything other than milk because I appreciate that giving her adult food before she is ready can cause her huge digestive issues down the line. That’s what makes them so irresponsible, amongst leaving the kids to swan off on multiple holidays and snorting god knows what whilst their kids are dumped on the parents.
You sound fun.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Someone said two holidays in the space of a month a few ago, they actually went to New York at the beginning of March tbf to them it’s now nearly june, and they’re on honeymoon so I wouldn’t say it’s the worst thing. The kids are clearly loved and have a good network around them. I don’t think it’s fair to assume they’re ‘dumped’ somewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Leaving the kids with people who love them while they have their honeymoon is hardly dumping 💀

Reactions: 13
I think a lot of these new members who seem to be siding with FB are possibly them or close friends 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No I agree with the above too. They’ve gone away for 30th and honeymoon. They’re not just dumped with randomers?!

Reactions: 5
Not a new member but I don’t think a holiday for your 30th and a honeymoon are particularly unreasonable thing to leave your children for? Imagine small children in New York? What a night mare! With the honeymoon I guess they wouldn’t have have a huge amount of options with the date, given it was rearranged (twice) and why wouldn’t you honeymoon straight after your wedding if you could?

Many issues with them but I can’t judge them for this

Reactions: 11
Not a new member but I don’t think a holiday for your 30th and a honeymoon are particularly unreasonable thing to leave your children for? Imagine small children in New York? What a night mare! With the honeymoon I guess they wouldn’t have have a huge amount of options with the date, given it was rearranged (twice) and why wouldn’t you honeymoon straight after your wedding if you could?

Many issues with them but I can’t judge them for this
I think people have only said the above due to them not ever seeming to want to do that sort of stuff with their children. The days off they have they spend hungover. I've not got a problem, like I said before I'm bitter 😂

Reactions: 4
I think they have a good strong family network that support them and they know they are safe with them, that’s great and of course they will miss them. Being a parent is hard work, we all need support.
Also I’m not a friend of theirs as I mainly came on to say that I know it’s petty but their long toes in sandals annoy me. Probably just jealous because Rachel looks amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For all you know she could have just licked it. There's no evidence to say that Wren actually ate the raspberry. Everyone is guilt of letting their baby have a taste of something other than milk before 6 months!

I started my kid on pureed veg (it was basically like a water texture) at 4.5months on the recommendation from my midwife cos he was just so hungry all the time.
I didn’t let my baby taste anything before 6 months 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Welcome Finch Lovers you are clearly on the wrong thread :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I don’t care whether I sound fun or not, I know that my child is happy, healthy and sleep soundly at night knowing I’m looking after her.

You could have the strongest support network in the world just because they know the people doesn’t mean they ain’t dumping the kids on them.

I wouldn’t take any issue with them having holidays just because you’re a parent doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy life; more the fact that they don’t ever seem to spend time with the kids doing anything and when they do it seems more like an Instagram photo op at every opportunity just to prove they do in fact do stuff with the kids. Between the amount of people siding with them on here that are new members and the Instagram farm photo shoot yesterday me thinks the terrible “twons” are still reading this and taking it very personally:ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I don’t care whether I sound fun or not, I know that my child is happy, healthy and sleep soundly at night knowing I’m looking after her.

You could have the strongest support network in the world just because they know the people doesn’t mean they ain’t dumping the kids on them.

I wouldn’t take any issue with them having holidays just because you’re a parent doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy life; more the fact that they don’t ever seem to spend time with the kids doing anything and when they do it seems more like an Instagram photo op at every opportunity just to prove they do in fact do stuff with the kids. Between the amount of people siding with them on here that are new members and the Instagram farm photo shoot yesterday me thinks the terrible “twons” are still reading this and taking it very personally:ROFLMAO:
All of this 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Most of us aren’t new members or even Finch lovers. We just don’t take personal offence at licked raspberries or babes being left with their loving families 😉

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
This is all getting a bit mumsnet can we go back to complaining about the wannabe influencers pllzzzzz😇

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.