Fezza chit chat✌

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you!!! I am going to use this recipe on Monday. Will grab some beef on special tomorrow. It sounds amazing!!!
Don't buy diced beef though - it's diced too small.

If we have a lot of sauce left over, we freeze it for another time. Defrost it, brown the fresh meat and add the defrosted sauce to the beef and maybe top up on liquid and extra flavour. Hope you enjoy the recipe!

Reactions: 4
Don't buy diced beef though - it's diced too small.

If we have a lot of sauce left over, we freeze it for another time. Defrost it, brown the fresh meat and add the defrosted sauce to the beef and maybe top up on liquid and extra flavour. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Thank you!!! I will look for a whole cut beef. Is it worth cooking in whole piece and cutting up before serving or just cut it up chunky?

Reactions: 1
She is bloody incredible and I am so excited.

Here are some of her drawings ....
😮 How are they drawings?! 😮 Amazing!! It’s not fair that some people have SO much talent and then there’s just me and EL over here with nothing to offer except our bewdiful faces and gawjus personalities. 😏

Thank you!!! I will look for a whole cut beef. Is it worth cooking in whole piece and cutting up before serving or just cut it up chunky?
Cut it up chunky, bigger than you think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I am 100% not taking any of my kids to the shops at any point this weekend 😅. I cracked out my sewing machine this morning for the first time in months and finished off a book week costume for my six year old. My daughter wants to be Elsa (of course), so she’ll just wear the costume she already has.

I need to start on a birthday dress for her! I’ve got some something tasteful picked out with lilac linen. Buttttt I made the mistake of taking her to Spotlight yesterday and now she wants a dress made out of bright rainbow fur. Wish me luck 😂
Screeny, your book week stories made me think of a book by Jessica Dettman called “There’s No Such Book”. She’s an Australian author who’s written a couple of chick lit books and this is her first kids book. I enjoyed her adult books, they’re easy reads and it’s nice reading something home grown.

“There's No Such Book is a funny and heartwarming that will resonate with anyone who has experienced the frenzy of Book Week.

It's the night before the Book Week parade and Ellie announces that she needs a costume by the morning. Mum, who is taken by surprise, desperately tries to piece together a costume from what's lying around the house ...

They went into the bathroom.
'Hmm,' said Mum. 'Don't I remember once reading you a book about a monster whose skin looked like it was made of bright green towels?'
'No,' said Ellie. 'There is no such book.'

Ellie heads to bed only with Mum's promise that she'll have a costume sorted by the morning. Mum stays true to her word, but perhaps not in the way that Ellie was hoping.”

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Screeny, your book week stories made me think of a book by Jessica Dettman called “There’s No Such Book”. She’s an Australian author who’s written a couple of chick lit books and this is her first kids book. I enjoyed her adult books, they’re easy reads and it’s nice reading something home grown.
I’m going to have a look for that! It sounds adorable. I say she picked Elsa, but she keeps talking about wanting to be Elsa…but as a rainbow cat, so it sounds right up her alley 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wanted to meet all of you and know I want to meet all your pets! I've mentioned it on EL thread I'm sure, but I'm a stay home mum/ farm hand. We have 4 dogs, 5 cats, a goat, ducks, chickens, pigs, sheep and cattle. One of the pigs just birthed 13 but only 7 survived. One escaped and we found it trying to hide in the wood pile lol - now happily reunited with mama pig.

I'm not too afraid of being recognised on here. I would hate to be doxxed by any of the people I talk about though. I don't really think that's EL's style, but I can see someone like C Findlay doing that.

@HumptyDumptyLou much love to you. I hope you've got lots of support around you. We're here obviously 💓 I knew @Dalej7 would have great advice - wishing your mum the best when she does arrive back home.

@itsspelleddivinenotdevine oh poor bubba. Yeeeaaars ago when my new baby was full up and Fess wasn't helping, the maternal child and health nurse suggested breast milk to clear her nostrils. Worked a treat.

@Super Cute that must have been so incredibly scary for you. I'm so glad he's doing well now 💛

@EmmyLou_Spew oh my GOD! Those illustrations are phenomenal!

Went to Melbourne last night to see Superwog at the Athaneum. Hadn't been to the city since pre pandemic. Had planned to get there early and eat in Chinatown. But we left late, I am the worst at directions and Google maps was making a mockery of me. I tried to lead us to a high clearance parking garage, got thoroughly lost. My son started to get car sick and began spewing (thank God for travel sick bags). Thankfully hubby knows the cbd from working there in his younger years. Found on street parking, ate a rushed crappy Maccas dinner and made it to the show just as they were about to go on stage. Only four seats in the row instead of the 5 I had booked. Manager was a total douchebag but thankfully a lovely usher found spare seats so we split up and watched the show. My 11 year old saw a punk and had her conservative little soul shocked to the core 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hello fezza witches, this chat is a great idea, you all know from reading the EL threads what a tit show my life is and this is a welcome distraction.
Hope you are all doing well dealing with life and enjoying your bewdiful gawjus Sundays! All your pets are so cute 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 12
7102DB25-934D-44B7-A8B3-CDA022AC027C.jpeg
Cracker of a Sunday! Did a 10km walk in the sunshine with a coffee and then back home to binge watch Wentworth!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wanted to meet all of you and know I want to meet all your pets! I've mentioned it on EL thread I'm sure, but I'm a stay home mum/ farm hand. We have 4 dogs, 5 cats, a goat, ducks, chickens, pigs, sheep and cattle. One of the pigs just birthed 13 but only 7 survived. One escaped and we found it trying to hide in the wood pile lol - now happily reunited with mama pig.

I'm not too afraid of being recognised on here. I would hate to be doxxed by any of the people I talk about though. I don't really think that's EL's style, but I can see someone like C Findlay doing that.

@HumptyDumptyLou much love to you. I hope you've got lots of support around you. We're here obviously 💓 I knew @Dalej7 would have great advice - wishing your mum the best when she does arrive back home.

@itsspelleddivinenotdevine oh poor bubba. Yeeeaaars ago when my new baby was full up and Fess wasn't helping, the maternal child and health nurse suggested breast milk to clear her nostrils. Worked a treat.

@Super Cute that must have been so incredibly scary for you. I'm so glad he's doing well now 💛

Went to Melbourne last night to see Superwog at the Athaneum. Hadn't been to the city since pre pandemic. Had planned to get there early and eat in Chinatown. But we left late, I am the worst at directions and Google maps was making a mockery of me. I tried to lead us to a high clearance parking garage, got thoroughly lost. My son started to get car sick and began spewing (thank God for travel sick bags). Thankfully hubby knows the cbd from working there in his younger years. Found on street parking, ate a rushed crappy Maccas dinner and made it to the show just as they were about to go on stage. Only four seats in the row instead of the 5 I had booked. Manager was a total douchebag but thankfully a lovely usher found spare seats so we split up and watched the show. My 11 year old saw a punk and had her conservative little soul shocked to the core 🤣
I saw a punk teen with a mowhawk yesterday in the city. His hair was so impressive! I was so boring growing up haha. Really wanted to get into a goth stage as a teen 🥹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Snarky you are so bloody thoughtful and considerate of everyone on here 🥰

Trip to the big smoke for us country mice 🐭 can be very overwhelming! On our trip last weekend we seemed to be in the pathway for all the angry young men out there! My husband nearly got bowled over by some angry guy barging along Southbank. He then proceeded to call my husband all sorts of expletives. Was terrifying! I needed a week off to recover 🥹🙃

I’m a relatively new empty nester (2 adult children 24/26) working in education for the last 21 years. 1 dog who we rescued from the pound and is Kween of the house!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I saw a punk teen with a mowhawk yesterday in the city. His hair was so impressive! I was so boring growing up haha. Really wanted to get into a goth stage as a teen 🥹
I was drawn to the idea of goth style and culture too Michy...but succumbed to the surfie style that was "cool" in the outer Eastern suburb I lived in, miles from any actual surf 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ohhhhhh Bizzie...my heart 🖤 your baby looks like my old boy, THE love of my entire life who I still miss everyday 😭
What is your beautiful baby's name?
Her name is Harriet, I miss our previous dogs more than I miss most people who've dropped off their perch.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Snarky you are so bloody thoughtful and considerate of everyone on here 🥰

Trip to the big smoke for us country mice 🐭 can be very overwhelming! On our trip last weekend we seemed to be in the pathway for all the angry young men out there! My husband nearly got bowled over by some angry guy barging along Southbank. He then proceeded to call my husband all sorts of expletives. Was terrifying! I needed a week off to recover 🥹🙃

I’m a relatively new empty nester (2 adult children 24/26) working in education for the last 21 years. 1 dog who we rescued from the pound and is Kween of the house!
I’m very much a country mouse, our little town is tiny, but I love where I live.

Almost an empty nester like you @Super Cute and it’s just dawned on me that I’ve been an educator for 30 years this month! Definitely feeling it and not sure how I’m going to make it through the next 7.5 years in the current education climate! Hate the thought of wishing my life away, but it’s getting harder and harder every year!

I just love tattle and how clever you all are ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m very much a country mouse, our little town is tiny, but I love where I live.

Almost an empty nester like you @Super Cute and it’s just dawned on me that I’ve been an educator for 30 years this month! Definitely feeling it and not sure how I’m going to make it through the next 7.5 years in the current education climate! Hate the thought of wishing my life away, but it’s getting harder and harder every year!

I just love tattle and how clever you all are ❤
Oh yes my husband and I are both in education and planning our early retirement 😞 The last couple of years have been really hard and continue to be so. We have to just keep finding the positives…it’s secure employment and a good, regular wage 💁🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh yes my husband and I are both in education and planning our early retirement 😞 The last couple of years have been really hard and continue to be so. We have to just keep finding the positives…it’s secure employment and a good, regular wage 💁🏼‍♀️
I wish I could retire early.. I wish I’d known how hard it was going to get! I’ve seriously thought about leaving the profression, but my projected super amount keeps me in the game. I’d love to just stack shelves at Woolies 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Another educator and almost empty nester here. During Covid, I realised that I was quickly losing my passion for teaching and decided to study law (my elder two children studied law and I use to edit their assignments which piqued my curiosity) to keep my mind active. Now I want to work in family law at legal services to make a difference another then teaching.

Loving all the pets, anyone who loves pets are good people!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m an empty nester living close to Melbourne’s most prestigious tit hole, Lava Lounge. My adult kids moved back to Gippsland and are living their best lives and I couldn’t be prouder of them. Got my little cat as my sidekick and a noice fella in my life who I adore. I work as a project coordinator in the HR industry and love my job to bits. You gals keep me well and truly amused and love how clever y’all are with your witty words!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.