Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did clapping this morning after seeing your post about clapping the other day @Oops... But I think I was doing it wrong.šŸ˜… I was just clapping with no sense of direction. I would love to participate in group clapping. Sunday might work well for me.

Also is living under the stairs bad juju? My old apartment complex is 3 floors and my front door is right behind the stairs. I hated walking in every day because it felt that I am walking right under the stairs to get to front door. I got into a lot of arguments. We had to leave within 2 weeks of moving in due to legal reasons between the owner and the board of directors of the apartment complex. (this was all in middle of lockdown and we were only given a one day notice). Now this new place we are at is also slightly behind/under the stairs. Should we move?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you so much for all this info. I find it so fascinating and Iā€™m just off to draw a floor plan of our home to place a bagua on top.

I feel like much of this Iā€™m already drawn to naturally, and it really excites me. On the plus side, our house is a perfect rectangle so thatā€™s a little easier!
If its a perfect rectangle it makes it very good indeed.

Mine is L shaped so I have a lot of filling in to do on my terrace at the rear of the house. It has removed 2 really important areas of my house so I have to recreate them in my garden as it were. (Long explanation but wont go into that detail just yet as it may confuse anyone just starting).

I did clapping this morning after seeing your post about clapping the other day @Oops... But I think I was doing it wrong.šŸ˜… I was just clapping with no sense of direction. I would love to participate in group clapping. Sunday might work well for me.

Also is living under the stairs bad juju? My old apartment complex is 3 floors and my front door is right behind the stairs. I hated walking in every day because it felt that I am walking right under the stairs to get to front door. I got into a lot of arguments. We had to leave within 2 weeks of moving in due to legal reasons between the owner and the board of directors of the apartment complex. (this was all in middle of lockdown and we were only given a one day notice). Now this new place we are at is also slightly behind/under the stairs. Should we move?
Weerrrlll...I would use Harry Potter as a very good example of living under the stairs ;)

What an awful thing to happen during lockdown!

Are you saying that your front door is actually under the stairs? If so I have never come up against this problem - ever...Anyone else got any ideas? All I can think of when I picture it is heaviness on entering which possibly could stay with you whilst you are in there. The front door is very important because it is the mouth of the house. If something is wrong with your front door that can translate as you wonā€™t be emotionally fed properly or nurtured. This might then express itself with head or stomach problems...Its one to very carefully consider it seems...I will do a bit of digging to see if I can find something to help...x

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
If its a perfect rectangle it makes it very good indeed.

Mine is L shaped so I have a lot of filling in to do on my terrace at the rear of the house. It has removed 2 really important areas of my house so I have to recreate them in my garden as it were. (Long explanation but wont go into that detail just yet as it may confuse anyone just starting).
Am I right in thinking it is just the floor plan of the house, not including any gardens?
I read a little from the fengshuistudio.com which said in essence you align with the front door and then place on the floor plan, and then you can also map each room too?

I shall try and get a little floor plan uploaded and see if I am going wrong anywhere. again thanks for all your tips, I love learning something new

• Heart
Weerrrlll...I would use Harry Potter as a very good example of living under the stairs ;)

What an awful thing to happen during lockdown!

Are you saying that your front door is actually under the stairs? If so I have never come up against this problem - ever...Anyone else got any ideas? All I can think of when I picture it is heaviness on entering which possibly could stay with you whilst you are in there. The front door is very important because it is the mouth of the house. If something is wrong with your front door that can translate as you wonā€™t be emotionally fed properly or nurtured. This might then express itself with head or stomach problems...Its one to very carefully consider it seems...I will do a bit of digging to see if I can find something to help...x
Yes, the first thing I see when I walk out of the front door is the entire staircase. OMG you are so right about head and stomach problems. At that old apartment, I had such bad cases of headaches out of nowhere and had one incidence of bad stomach ulcer that I had to go to the hospital. It's a bit manageable now, not sure if it is because I am more mindful of what I eat. But I like to think it's better energy than before. Yes, please do share if you come across anything stair related. ā¤

Reactions: 2
I have read your post carefully.
I would not presume to make a reply without REALLY thinking hard about it because I am hearing you very well.
I will get back to you when I feel I have had a good think. With your case I think we need to find the right starting point as SO much is happening or has happened.
Get back to you soon x

GREAT! I got my Toad on eBay and he is glass (crystal). He is at pocket height on my staircase facing front door. At one time I had a decoupage screen placed in front of my front door (stairs are facing front door but are not in front of front door) but a delivery man knocked it over and broke the hinges when he was delivering a table. I took that as a sign not to have it there as it never felt right. My FSM said put the toad on the stairs so I did. He liked the screen but although it looked beautiful it didnā€™t feel right. The screen now lives in a different house. For anyone else if you can live with a folded screen in front of your front door I thought I should just mention it as it may work for others. Itā€™s just a bit fiddly constantly moving it side to side when you need to open the front door though.ā™„

I can give you a quick reply to this one! This is what you do...

You get a box
You decorate the box yourself where he can see you decorating it
Hopefully he will ask you what you are doing
You give him your biggest smile and tell him you wanted to make him something and so you thought something like a decorated cardboard box would be very personal for him.
When you have painted it (or however you have chosen to decorate it) you place all the old hardware in the box. This is now HIS box. His SPECIAL box that you have made for him.
Hopefully he will be quick on the uptake and start using it...

Have had a little think about your first post and I think the best place to start is with light.
Clean ALL your windows inside and out. Make them gleam and keep them clean...
Draw back all curtains or window coverings and in daylight house it is imperative to have all your rooms as full of light as possible.
Open your windows and start getting the energy moving. Just an hour a day can make quite a difference.
Loo seat down always and as @Pixel Girl says keep doors to bathrooms closed.
For the time being use your back door (I am assuming its a communal front door?)
Don't have ANYTHING blocking the approach to your back door and if you can get a dark coloured tortoise (Stone or metal) online please do so and position it facing your back door. Make sure ALL your doors are scrupulously clean and in good repair so wash the front door inside and out and the back door and internal doors.
If you can face doing a huge Spring clean throughout do it and start now. Start with cleaning ceilings and walls and skirtings. Pull everything out and clean underneath furniture.
I would say that is your starting point although EVERY inch of me is screaming to say put your intention and focus into inviting a property exchange into your life. Put notices on line and do all you can to find a place with a better bathroom placement. My fear for you is that every time you seem to be getting somewhere something drops on you from a height and spoils it. I sense that is the problem in your home at the moment. Can you face moving and doing all you can to make that happen (I ask because you have said this isn't possible). When you focus on something it becomes your dominant thought and your mind follows your dominant thought.
If you can fill bowls with fresh fruit and have fresh flowers where you can see them. You need to get a balance with wood, metal, air and light at the moment. If you donā€™t like something or havenā€™t used it for ages give it away. Do as much space clearing as you can but start with light, clean windows and air. PLEASE let us know how you progress. Deep breath and start now...x I have held my hand on the screen of my iPad as I press send and am sending you kind thought and light energy btw.
*****POSITIVITY****

You asked earlier if it was a possibility I could move. Well, as said my life went into serious turmoil after escaping my 2nd husband. I ran 250 miles away from domestic violence. I was stabbed, tortured in a Marsh land and held over a quarry infront of my children. I don't want to spoil the positivity with my past but I just wanted to give you a small insight of just why I'm so grateful!!!! An exchange felt like an impossibility to me until today, as after ending up a drug addict my arrears ended up over Ā£2000, I was so scatty and didn't realise until I got my life back into order last year. But I'm in so much other debt... I was struggling to pay everything off. And decorate and carpet this house, it still isn't all floored. I checked on my arrears today, because the amount has always scared me, depressed me.

I thought it would still be at least Ā£900, it was Ā£36 in arrears!!! Oh my. I can exchange now! Because I'm in a rock and a hard place. My children either want me to move 300 miles where they are with my first ex mother in law or... they are allowed to come home if I do move!! As my children have stated they don't want to come back to this particular house and would need their own rooms because of what they have suffered they need their own space.

I thought it would take another 2 years to pay off! I thought of this thread straight away! I can be reunited with my older children. My baby boy with his older brothers much sooner.

There is a whole weight gone. šŸ„° thankyou all my love.

The lady trying for a baby... I've sent lots of hope to you. When I did, I just pictured a little baby boy. You will be a mum soon! ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
*****POSITIVITY****

You asked earlier if it was a possibility I could move. Well, as said my life went into serious turmoil after escaping my 2nd husband. I ran 250 miles away from domestic violence. I was stabbed, tortured in a Marsh land and held over a quarry infront of my children. I don't want to spoil the positivity with my past but I just wanted to give you a small insight of just why I'm so grateful!!!! An exchange felt like an impossibility to me until today, as after ending up a drug addict my arrears ended up over Ā£2000, I was so scatty and didn't realise until I got my life back into order last year. But I'm in so much other debt... I was struggling to pay everything off. And decorate and carpet this house, it still isn't all floored. I checked on my arrears today, because the amount has always scared me, depressed me.

I thought it would still be at least Ā£900, it was Ā£36 in arrears!!! Oh my. I can exchange now! Because I'm in a rock and a hard place. My children either want me to move 300 miles where they are with my first ex mother in law or... they are allowed to come home if I do move!! As my children have stated they don't want to come back to this particular house and would need their own rooms because of what they have suffered they need their own space.

I thought it would take another 2 years to pay off! I thought of this thread straight away! I can be reunited with my older children. My baby boy with his older brothers much sooner.

The lady trying for a baby... I've sent lots of hope to you. When I did, I just pictured a little baby boy. You will be a mum soon! ā¤
This @ChloChlo is the best news ever, I am so happy for you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
*****POSITIVITY****

I'm so happy for you!!!! Keep going. Life can be a total bag of dicks, but we survive, we keep going, one day at a time. This too shall pass, and all that jazz. A term I used to loathe, but that brings me so much comfort as I've gotten older.

You are so strong! How lucky your kids are to have such an amazing warrior mum. So much experience and empathy. Seriously, I am so excited for you. šŸ’žšŸ’žšŸ’žšŸ’žšŸ’žšŸ’ž

• Heart
Reactions: 8
*****POSITIVITY****

That sounds like an amazing start! I think you definitely need to get away from where you are and that maybe you should place your intention on finding the perfect place for you. You may well be extremely shocked at how quickly this will now insinuate itself into your life. It will be so much better if you can get rid of the loo over the front door environment which will scupper you over and over again. In the meantime try the other things that may help you vis light and windows pro-tem. (It might be a good time for you to do the lottery too since something has clearly been activated in your finance area.) This along with a massive sort out and Spring clean will bring in more clarity and good solutions. Its really quite amazing how things change so quickly when you start moving in the right direction. Its when you ā€˜clickā€™ in to the right vibe that things start to change. I think you made a good choice joining this thread since already you have experienced quite an improvement. Keep letting us now how things will now start moving (energising). Healing is a wonderful thing...sounds like you have made giant strides...keep it going...

• Heart
Yes, the first thing I see when I walk out of the front door is the entire staircase. OMG you are so right about head and stomach problems. At that old apartment, I had such bad cases of headaches out of nowhere and had one incidence of bad stomach ulcer that I had to go to the hospital. It's a bit manageable now, not sure if it is because I am more mindful of what I eat. But I like to think it's better energy than before. Yes, please do share if you come across anything stair related. ā¤
Ok so if things have improved then it might be that the energy where you are now is better than before. Fresh mint tea is very soothing for tummy problems in case you didnā€™t know that btw. I thought that you meant your front door was beneath your inside staircase so thatā€™s why I couldnā€™t think of anything. Seeing the stairs when you go out is clearly affecting you so might not be ideal. Maybe getting the energy to move outside your front door might help. Wind chimes are good for this if you donā€™t mind the noise they make. Also you might put a convex mirror on the outside of your front door to re-direct the energy away. You can buy Feng Shui mirrors on eBay but donā€™t buy them if you donā€™t like the look of them. Its important that you like the look of the cures you try to effect otherwise the look of the cures can irritate you if you get my drift. Also, listening to Tibetan singing bowl music might help you if you feel anxious indoors. There are many on You tube so pick one that resonates will with you. This kind of sound is really good indoors to clear negative energies too. Sometimes I put this sort of music on in my laundry (where I keep my water distiller). Other times I let it play in my bedroom too.
When we do our Clap For Great Energy day it might be a good idea to have this sort of music playing as we clap our corners. I do have a bowl and I know @PixelGirl does too, but playing a recording would leave our hands free to clap and smudge the white sage. Just an idea...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
OOOhhhh this is ALL so fascinating to me and something I'd never really thought about before coming across it on the Lydia thread! I'm half chinese and feel like this is definitely something I am missing in my life! We're just about to extend and renovate our house and something I definitely want to get right. Already ordered the lucky frog/toad and am loving all the tips in this thread so far!

Is there a book you can recommend that covers the basic principles well? I've had a look on amazon but they all sound very similar and without any knowledge of it all I dont really know which ones to go for/trust. Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
*****POSITIVITY****

I'm so happy to read that you've had some great news! It sounds like you've been through so much, and now you've come out on the other side you're definitely deserving of some good luck and positive vibes, so that's wonderful! ā˜ŗ

And thank you for sending your hope, it's so lovely and much appreciated šŸ§”šŸ§”šŸ§”

• Heart
I'm so happy to read that you've had some great news! It sounds like you've been through so much, and now you've come out on the other side you're definitely deserving of some good luck and positive vibes, so that's wonderful! ā˜ŗ

And thank you for sending your hope, it's so lovely and much appreciated šŸ§”šŸ§”šŸ§”
šŸ§”šŸ§”šŸ§”

I saw what you did there - orange hearts - perfect! ;)

OOOhhhh this is ALL so fascinating to me and something I'd never really thought about before coming across it on the Lydia thread! I'm half chinese and feel like this is definitely something I am missing in my life! We're just about to extend and renovate our house and something I definitely want to get right. Already ordered the lucky frog/toad and am loving all the tips in this thread so far!

Is there a book you can recommend that covers the basic principles well? I've had a look on amazon but they all sound very similar and without any knowledge of it all I dont really know which ones to go for/trust. Thank you!
Welcome!

If its any help to you, when I started to become interested in Feng Shui over 25 years ago I bought a lot of Lillian Too books. There are quite a lot of helpful videos now on YouTube too. If you donā€™t immediately gel with the presenter move to another until you find one that feels right to you. There are several different schools of Feng Shui apparently. I think the basic tenets are more or less similar though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I love that post! I love the idea of your dear father building you all a house he designed and I love the idea of you all enjoying it. I remember well you telling me about him and the song that spoke to you that he loved. There are some very good reasons why you loved the seaside house more than the Georgian one...
First of all not only was it designed by your lovely father but it was NEW! Therefore it carried no energy from the past. Secondly, it was filled with light - this is SO important! Thirdly you had views of moving water. Combine them all and you had all the ingredients for a perfect environment!
I have a passion for Georgian properties because of the scale of the rooms and the light and the symmetry. I love symmetry. However, FSM said houses with history are anathema to Feng Shui. He actually told me I have a family of French people living in my wine cellar and they play cards all day. They moved in in late 1700ā€™s he said...He told me to move them on I have to have children playing noisily in the wine cellar. I thought long and hard about that but since I have never seen or heard them and since they donā€™t bother me at all or cause anything to go wrong (that I am aware of) I would rather they remained; as I hate the thought of displacing them and would worry where they would go. I must say I thought he was a bit bonkers when he said that. Also, the wine cellar and the gym next to it feels lovely (to me). I like the energy of it as it is.

Just to say, energetically - when someone else passes responsibility on to you it is very natural to feel resentment of the extra responsibility - so I get what you say about your mother. I donā€™t think you resented your mother I think maybe you resented the fact that it put pressure on you. I also understand what you say about the upkeep of old property. It is never ending. My dream at the moment is to have an architect design me a new house of Georgian proportions with everything built into it. It might be hard for me to leave my garden though. If it had sea views and a beach to walk Teddy Bear on I would be delirious. I have been really thinking about this lately. I found a house recently that would be perfect just outside Bath. Itā€™s described in the blurb as a modern masterpiece and it looks Georgian from the outside. However, it is opposite a church and a graveyard. The Church is a poison arrow in FS because of its shape and a graveyard view is a big no no. I lived in Bath years ago and loved it and the house was in a Crescent and had 101 stairs. If I left my phone at the top of the house it might stay there for days because it was such a fag to go back up for it :eek:. That house had a sizeable Feng Shui story to it which I may refer to from time to time as we go along. Eventually and reluctantly I had to move. It was my perfect home but my energy and its energy didnā€™t always agree...despite my very best efforts. At the same time I had a London flat which was bright, ultra modern, overlooked the river and I LOVED it too. There I had my minimalist life. Everything was white and linear and if you put a newspaper down it made the place look untidy. I loved the simplicity of it and always felt very centred when I stayed in town.

Talking about corners (this is the second time corners have been mentioned) I thought maybe we could all get our heads together as a group and nominate a day when we could all clap our corners to activate the energy. I havenā€™t done that in the house I live in now but always used to years ago. In addition we could all get sage and smudge sage in our homes and then if we all did it on the same day we would have a very interesting topic to discuss together. If anyone would like to do that as a group endeavour do say. It might be really good fun and we may all experience some very good energy from it at the same time. šŸ˜ Just a little idea, no pressure though...

It said;

POLITE NOTICE
Think about the energy when eā€™er you use this loo
The loo seatā€™s better down but know itā€™s always up to you...

:m
Thank you so much for your response, @Oops. I actually went over to my sisterā€™s house today to discuss this with her. It is so fascinating to me that the energy of your home can disagree with your own energy. I have learnt so much from your comments with regard to the house my father built aligning so perfectly with my own energy and vision for my own home. I felt a weight lifted off me when we moved into this house in 2018. The difference in my outlook, moods and stress levels was unbelievable. The only thing in my life that changed significantly was the house move so it must have been that.

I just looked at the five elements as I was also very interested in what you said on the other thread earlier today about the changes Lydia is making to her house at a manic speed. The chart clearly illustrates the point you made about fire and wood not being in close proximity. It will be interesting to see that play out as well as the removal of the kitchen door.

Iā€™m also very appreciative of all the other posts and everyoneā€™s stories. Money toad due to be delivered soon. x

• Heart
555C7B4A-28A1-46FF-9496-0B6641913EBC.jpeg
So sorry for the time itā€™s taken, I got my husband to draw it out on the iPad šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s very basic but wanted to see if I had the concept right before I went any further. The awful black line at the bottom is the front door.
I understand I should probably mark where drains/kitchen bits are etc!

šŸ¤žšŸ» Itā€™s done right, i would love to understand my homes energy.

I spoke to my mum about this as she loves to learn new things too, and I remember telling her that our neighbours (weā€™ve had this house in the family for many years now) have always been very turbulent. There have been 3 sets now and each time itā€™s a very unhappy family (lots of rows, arguments and issues) so Iā€™m really intrigued to wonder if perhaps the energy of the house is just negative. Iā€™ve always said itā€™s a miserable home so perhaps learning of this maybe confirms that!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hehe, thanks! I ordered some orange cushions for our bedroom too, they arrived today ā˜ŗ
šŸ§” šŸ§”šŸ§”šŸ§”šŸ§” - PERFECT!

View attachment 446236So sorry for the time itā€™s taken, I got my husband to draw it out on the iPad šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s very basic but wanted to see if I had the concept right before I went any further. The awful black line at the bottom is the front door.
I understand I should probably mark where drains/kitchen bits are etc!

šŸ¤žšŸ» Itā€™s done right, i would love to understand my homes energy.

I spoke to my mum about this as she loves to learn new things too, and I remember telling her that our neighbours (weā€™ve had this house in the family for many years now) have always been very turbulent. There have been 3 sets now and each time itā€™s a very unhappy family (lots of rows, arguments and issues) so Iā€™m really intrigued to wonder if perhaps the energy of the house is just negative. Iā€™ve always said itā€™s a miserable home so perhaps learning of this maybe confirms that!
Great. I would not worry too much about the drains right now. Just keep the loo seat down. That will take care of energy from drains creeping in. Also if you are able to maybe keep the plugs in the sinks throughout.
Can you confirm what colour your front door is? Is it placed at the angle you have drawn in - i.e is there a triangular porch area? I suspect you have just drawn the way it opens but just want to make sure. So as you look from the front of your house the front door is positioned to the right?
Do you eat in your kitchen or the L shape part of your sitting room or both?
Are you saying that you are concerned that the energy of your house feels negative or are you asking if your house suffers because of the neighbours energy please? I donā€™t want to say too much until you have clarified this. Also are the neighbours attached?
Are you able to say which areas of the house donā€™t feel right to you? Are there any children in the house?
Also, what would you most like to achieve with your house?
You have placed your bagua correctly - you can also use it room by room by standing in the doorway of each room and holding it in front of you - so for instance your relationship area in your sitting room is in right corner and your wealth area in the left corner from the door. I would be tempted to start in that room even if your kitchen area tends to get used more.
Which room is your bedroom above please? Which room is/are first floor bathrooms beneath?
Where is back door positioned please?
Where is the sink placed in your kitchen and where is the cooker?
Roughly when was your house built and how long have you lived there?

As far as the energy goes you create it by placement and very often your own outlook. You can change energy very quickly though simply by moving things around and using intention. Certain placements draw in different energies. Sometimes energy can become stuck or stagnant. Sometimes it can move too fast. So its all a matter of degree and fairly easy to alter what you donā€™t like. The best place for a rose quartz crystal is where you have marked X. Is that presently a cupboard? I note it does not seem to be part of the bathroom or the kitchen.

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Oops... with a lounge that @grumpycat has where it is an L shape, or there might be cupboards. If the cupboards say are in a corner, would you when looking at the room disregard the cupboard or include it. If your wealth area was the corner where the cupboard is, would you consider the area outside or inside the cupboard as the space to look at? I think it is outside the cupboard as that makes sense to me, but I'm just checking. Also, because it is an L Shape, is the Relationship SW corner in that room or in the 'missing area' which is in the kitchen?

• Heart
Thank you so much for your response, @Oops. I actually went over to my sisterā€™s house today to discuss this with her. It is so fascinating to me that the energy of your home can disagree with your own energy. I have learnt so much from your comments with regard to the house my father built aligning so perfectly with my own energy and vision for my own home. I felt a weight lifted off me when we moved into this house in 2018. The difference in my outlook, moods and stress levels was unbelievable. The only thing in my life that changed significantly was the house move so it must have been that.

I just looked at the five elements as I was also very interested in what you said on the other thread earlier today about the changes Lydia is making to her house at a manic speed. The chart clearly illustrates the point you made about fire and wood not being in close proximity. It will be interesting to see that play out as well as the removal of the kitchen door.

Iā€™m also very appreciative of all the other posts and everyoneā€™s stories. Money toad due to be delivered soon. x
I completely agree. Your house move was ā€œlike going homeā€ which is clearly what happened in your own energy field. Perfect. I so know exactly the feeling you are talking about. I keep looking on Rightmove to see if the house I grew up in ever comes on the market. I would buy it back in an instant if it ever does. I would not use it as my main home but I have always wanted to have it back and put my own stamp on it. My family think Iā€™m bonkers and donā€™t understand this at all. Itā€™s just a yearning to replicate a feeling in many ways...

Yes the wood energy is now very heavy there and itā€˜s in her recognition (and indeed her relationship area) and Iā€™m not too sure how that will pan out. I do have one MAJOR fear for the actual house now but donā€™t want to write it down and I really want to be wrong. Praying I am.

It came to me today that she seems to have a problem with scale ie the greenhouse and overdoing the wood etc. That greenhouse is lovely as a stand alone item but the look will be spoiled by over scaling elsewhere. This may also be a metaphor for going at things like a bull in a china shop without taking enough time for reflection. Her reflection in her mirror perhaps seems to disable her ability to see the scale of other things around her. Do you get what I mean? So she doesnā€™t reflect and yet reflects/mirrors herself a good deal. Thus the narrow thinking perhaps. Itā€˜s all very interesting...I suspect she might have a difficult ride ahead...it might ā€˜whooshā€™ in...I wish she would put the door back on - I really do.

• Heart
@Oops... with a lounge that @grumpycat has where it is an L shape, or there might be cupboards. If the cupboards say are in a corner, would you when looking at the room disregard the cupboard or include it. If your wealth area was the corner where the cupboard is, would you consider the area outside or inside the cupboard as the space to look at? I think it is outside the cupboard as that makes sense to me, but I'm just checking. Also, because it is an L Shape, is the Relationship SW corner in that room or in the 'missing area' which is in the kitchen?
The measurements are taken wall to wall so if there is a cupboard in a corner area you want to work on you may have to remove the cupboard or open it up. The relationship area in her sitting room if you do it room by room (Far right corner) but if you look at the house as a whole her relationship area is in the far right of her kitchen. This is why I always say for simplicity to bagua room by room at the beginning. Its a bit advanced to bagua floor by floor and it becomes hugely complicated and difficult. The best way I can describe this maybe is to illustrate it by saying my wealth area on a floor by floor bagua is in my laundry! Worst place it could be. But my wealth area is activated in both my sitting room and my drawing room instead. In actual fact because my house is L shaped my wealth area is completely missing and out in my garden. However, my FSM helped me counter all of that by very clever use of my terrace outside and mirrors on my garden wall to reflect the L shaped part of the building.Its a little hard to explain, so keeping it simple is maybe best and energising room by room rather than complicating it - especially if you are new to it. It really gets complicated if you go ā€˜puristā€™ as you would never ever live in any house. This is an ancient Chinese art and the houses there at those times looked nothing like our houses do now. So we have to adapt to the process the best way we can. In those days the ancient Chinese looked to build with mountains behind them for support etc. I donā€™t even think they had drains or sewerage. Generally the houses were single story too. I believe their ā€˜bathroomsā€™ were separate to their houses.This isn't relevant to how we live today. If they had lived in the kind of houses we do it may well have been a different story :). The thing to remember is we are trying to activate good Qi or Chi energy in any space regardless of its compass orientation. The compass orientation should serve only for guidance. Very few of us would be able to build a single story house with perfect Feng Shui orientation because there would never be a perfect place for a bathroom for instance. However, we can get to help the house we are in to serve us better by observing certain tenets. Energy is invisible but can be felt and can be harnessed for good. (I know you know that of course as a Reiki Master and donā€™t want to come across as trite in any way its just that others new to this may not understand where I am going with it;)) and its the good energy we are chasing more so than the direction of a room. The orientation can however be extremely beneficial within our rooms and thatā€™s where the compass points come in. I think I might have said in an earlier post that sometimes people get carried away with the compass points more than what they are hoping to achieve. There were several things my FSM suggested to me which I wasnā€™t able to embrace so I didnā€™t do them. One involved moving my desk on the diagonal in my study. I donā€™t like furniture placed on a diagonal and hated how my study looked with my desk where he said I should put it. So rather than hating how it looked when I went in each time I put my desk where I felt it should be - this would have created better chi for me even though it wasnā€™t perfectly oriented compass wise. Thatā€™s why I always say that you should like the look of he cures you introduce because its your energy that is affected by it. That however, is personal to me and no FSM would agree with me...He also said I should have moving water in my study but I could not find a stand alone water feature I liked the look of so didnā€™t do it. I played running water music in there instead softly in the background. He got a bit frustrated with me about this and brought me one which I detested but nevertheless tried out. The water splashed everywhere and stained the jute carpet and I had to buy a new carpet...Hope you can see what I am getting at... ā™„ So sorry for long post!

BTW - If the cupboard is a built in bookshelf for instance that can be worked with and left where it is. If its a broom cupboard or a meter cupboard that might need to change if possible. If its a stand alone piece of furniture like a chest that can remain too and the top of it can be used to activate the energy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I have never bought a crystal from a website so am unable to suggest anywhere sadly. All of mine I have bought in person, I've held each one in my hands, felt the energy of the piece and chosen based on that. If you have a good crystal shop near to where you live then that would be a good option unless someone else can make a suggestion.

When my ex-husband left our home I cleansed the energy in the house, it had become quite 'crunchy' and incredibly flat, it made such a difference. I sold that house and bought the house I am in now and the first thing I did was clear all the previous energy out of the house. I have lost touch over lockdown and the past couple of years with my energy work. I shall start again, and for this thread, I am very grateful. I will, of course, send energy to our thread and to each of us in here ā¤
How did you cleanse the house?

Reactions: 4