Feng shui

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have done the Marie Kondo thingie throughout the house and it's helped massively. Also changing the paint colours completely altered everything. It's so nice to now only have things that we love or are efficient and useful. However, I wish I knew more about mirror placements, colours that are best to decorate with, etc.

Anyone know anything about hair? I have read that fringes block luck.
I loved Marie Kondo and I love to see row upon row of nicely folded, colour co-ordinated whatevers. I have photos of my drawers on my phone which shows the level of bonkers I can go to. Just watching her videos made me happy.

Read this about kitchen knives... I’d better find a drawer to put mine in!

View attachment 440166
That makes PERFECT sense to me. I have now put my knives away in a cupboard. Such a good tip!

I have had a full fringe most of my life and do not seem to have much bad luck, lol.
Me too...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am definitely new at this. I stumbled upon Feng Shui at the beginning of the pandemic. I would love to hear all the advices. I am going to find myself a pink Quartz first.

Speaking of toads, I got myself one of those wooden croaking toads. It brought me more money than I expected, especially during a pandemic!
The pink quartz is called rose quartz, symbolises love. They are very pretty, I have one downstairs and one in my bedroom. In fact I have crystals all over my house, I've been collecting them for years.

1613513693494.png

(I am a Reiki Master, I have never worked at this where I charged but volunteered as part of a cancer support group for patients and their families to come for healing.)

I live here with my daughter and I am the one that has always done all the ironing. She gets her undies back, all ironed and neatly folded, aka Marie Kondo.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
The pink quartz is called rose quartz, symbolises love. They are very pretty, I have one downstairs and one in my bedroom. In fact I have crystals all over my house, I've been collecting them for years.

View attachment 440526

(I am a Reiki Master, I have never worked at this where I charged but volunteered as part of a cancer support group for patients and their families to come for healing.)

I live here with my daughter and I am the one that has always done all the ironing. She gets her undies back, all ironed and neatly folded, aka Marie Kondo.
Omg i had one massage, which if i remember correctly was reiki. More of a slow massage, not like the usual swedish. It was amazing! But there were no crystals. I am still planning to go back again!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

View attachment 440526

That is so pretty. Could you recommend me a legitimate website to buy crystals from? Would love to get one.

You’re such an angel for volunteering for cancer patients. My mum passed away from cancer and she had a lovely lady come to the support place where she was and do Reiki and she loved it. People like you make such a difference.x

• Heart
Reactions: 9

View attachment 440526

I knew we were separated at birth! I have everything ironed too. I didn’t know you were a Reiki Master but I knew you were spiritual and incredibly kind when you helped me SO much with collating Fur Babies. ♥ - Would you send our thread some fabulous healing for all who need it please and as a blessing for all who find us here? What you are doing is a wonderful thing. Truly. It will help so many and such a powerful act of kindness.

In the morning I will take a photo of my rose quartz and post it for you to see. I was told to clean it in moonlight but can never remember if he told me at full moon or a new moon. As its outside I guess it benefits from both. It’s great to have in your bedroom as well as the centre of your house. I will try at some stage to do some diagrams showing how to measure correctly so everyone can get the exact central point. It can be confusing if your house is an irregular shape.

You can do ‘journeys’ in your home holding rose quartz and concentrating on the question you are asking. Say from N-S or other directions depending on what area your question lies. It’s good for focus. You are supposed to do it with little tIny stones dropping them off when you get to the area. I have tried doing that but have found it equally effective holding a larger pink quartz and walking backwards and forwards with it (Another one for never did I ever think I would write that sentence) .

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
That is so pretty. Could you recommend me a legitimate website to buy crystals from? Would love to get one.

You’re such an angel for volunteering for cancer patients. My mum passed away from cancer and she had a lovely lady come to the support place where she was and do Reiki and she loved it. People like you make such a difference.x
I have never bought a crystal from a website so am unable to suggest anywhere sadly. All of mine I have bought in person, I've held each one in my hands, felt the energy of the piece and chosen based on that. If you have a good crystal shop near to where you live then that would be a good option unless someone else can make a suggestion.

I knew we were separated at birth! I have everything ironed too. I didn’t know you were a Reiki Master but I knew you were spiritual and incredibly kind when you helped me SO much with collating Fur Babies. ♥ - Would you send our thread some fabulous healing for all who need it please and as a blessing for all who find us here? What you are doing is a wonderful thing. Truly. It will help so many and such a powerful act of kindness.

In the morning I will take a photo of my rose quartz and post it for you to see. I was told to clean it in moonlight but can never remember if he told me at full moon or a new moon. As its outside I guess it benefits from both. It’s great to have in your bedroom as well as the centre of your house. I will try at some stage to do some diagrams showing how to measure correctly so everyone can get the exact central point. It can be confusing if your house is an irregular shape.

You can do ‘journeys’ in your home holding rose quartz and concentrating on the question you are asking. Say from N-S or other directions depending on what area your question lies. It’s good for focus. You are supposed to do it with little tIny stones dropping them off when you get to the area. I have tried doing that but have found it equally effective holding a larger pink quartz and walking backwards and forwards with it (Another one for never did I ever think I would write that sentence) .
When my ex-husband left our home I cleansed the energy in the house, it had become quite 'crunchy' and incredibly flat, it made such a difference. I sold that house and bought the house I am in now and the first thing I did was clear all the previous energy out of the house. I have lost touch over lockdown and the past couple of years with my energy work. I shall start again, and for this thread, I am very grateful. I will, of course, send energy to our thread and to each of us in here ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart

When considering a house for central point purposes do you include an attached garage in the calculations?

@Oops... So if a house is open plan, with no stairs, where should a money frog be placed? I'm reading up but am confused about placement.

Found this:
Traditionally, the money frog should be placed in a home's energetic center of money. In classical feng shui, this is the southeast corner of your space. And in BTB (or Western) feng shui, it's the top lefthand area of your space as viewed on a floor plan.

The southeast corner of my house is a child's bedroom, and they aren't supposed to be in bedrooms, right? The top lefthand area is a garage that is attached to the house. Or am I being too literal and the frog needs to be in a living space only and orientation/measurements taken from that space?

Can money frogs from amazon really work? Do they need to be from a more "pure", less mass produced source?

I'm so confused. Help?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Can money frogs from amazon really work? Do they need to be from a more "pure", less mass produced source?
I'm so confused. Help?
Brass, gemstone, ceramic... anything over plastic really. I have a pair of jade Chi Lin and a metal stamp with my name on top of 'lucky money' in my home office.

(My family use old school Taoist FS masters. So I'm only giving examples of what I have, I'm not a strict FS'er but a little extra luck never hurt anyone ;))

Last edited:
  • Heart
Loving this thread.

I moved into a new house a couple of years ago. Had my facing a mirrored wardrobe, was unexpectedly sick (vomiting) for no reason. A friend came around (Wiccan) and told me to move the bed. That fixed it up straight away!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
For those who can't move their bed, placing a cloth over the mirrors (even just at night) works.

Do not sleep under beams ... if moving your bed is not possible, affix two wooden flutes tied together with red ribbon on each of the beams.

Kitchen knives - hide them away. If you absolutely must have a knife block on display, make sure the blades cannot be seen.

I have not heard the one about bangs/a fringe being bad luck ... but this article backs that theory up (plus, offers other tips): https://feng-shui.lovetoknow.com/feng-shui-beauty-tips

Never sleep with your feet towards the door ("coffin position")

I feel like a lot of feng shui tips border on wiccan practices ... such as saging your house and space, introducing crystals, etc. ... there are probably a lot of cross-references or parallels.

Please can someone link me to the other thread? This is fun!

Loving this thread.

I moved into a new house a couple of years ago. Had my facing a mirrored wardrobe, was unexpectedly sick (vomiting) for no reason. A friend came around (Wiccan) and told me to move the bed. That fixed it up straight away!
Sorry, I should have said I had my 'bed' facing the mirror. Bad JUJU!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh I love this! Some of these things are hard for me to adjust so I’ll need to find remedies. For instance, the mirrors in the bedroom & coffin style sleeping. Not sure I can change the position of the bed, and we are saving to get the wardrobes remodeled. They’re from the previous owners who, by the way, had A LOT of bad luck. Interestingly, we’ve had a lot of good luck since we moved into this house. When I’ve some time, def reading up on remedies.

One question about front door / back door. We have a door in between the two separating the rooms. The front & back door are not perfect in line, and there are stairs blocking a 100% view, but the back doors are also the whole lengthy (mostly) of the back side of the house, if this all makes sense.

Does the middle door “make up” fir possibly being able to see partway through the house. It’s so hard to explain

I have never bought a crystal from a website so am unable to suggest anywhere sadly. All of mine I have bought in person, I've held each one in my hands, felt the energy of the piece and chosen based on that. If you have a good crystal shop near to where you live then that would be a good option unless someone else can make a suggestion.

When my ex-husband left our home I cleansed the energy in the house, it had become quite 'crunchy' and incredibly flat, it made such a difference. I sold that house and bought the house I am in now and the first thing I did was clear all the previous energy out of the house. I have lost touch over lockdown and the past couple of years with my energy work. I shall start again, and for this thread, I am very grateful. I will, of course, send energy to our thread and to each of us in here ♥
OOOH! That sounds so perfect thank you for that. This will give us a good energy space to meet in. I love that. Do you clap your corners? I used to years ago but don’t do it in my present house as it would take too long and my ceilings are fairly high. I remember knowing a lovely Reiki Master years ago and she showed me how to clap my corners to clear the energy and she smudged sage in every room. Her energy was wonderful and the house I lived in then felt so amazing afterwards. In fact as I am writing this it makes me want to do that again here as I remember how happy I felt.

I really get what you are saying about clearing flat energy or residues from others who may have caused negative energy in our surroundings. INTENTION is such a powerful energy.

Speaking generally - I think its important to not see an area in your home that may not be working as an insurmountable problem. There are Feng Shui/energy cures for most things. For instance if you live at the end of a cul-de-sac you can introduce moving water to improve the energy. You can use convex mirrors or bagua mirrors to reflect stagnant energy away. You can even use plants with height outside.

Will you tell us how things go once you start doing your energy work again? Do you work with white light? When my children started driving or were going on planes I used to send them off in a protective bubble of white light. My dog can barely move for all the light I send him but he is nearly 16! It’s worked so far and I have no intention of stopping.

@Gertrude, I have been told that you should get stones that look and feel right to you. I on the other hand have chosen all mine from eBay and loved them when they arrived. It’s hard to actually go into a shop at the moment to see which stones speak to you isn’t it? So if they speak to you from eBay then they will be fine I would think. Don’t know what any one else thinks about that. ♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh I love this! Some of these things are hard for me to adjust so I’ll need to find remedies. For instance, the mirrors in the bedroom & coffin style sleeping. Not sure I can change the position of the bed, and we are saving to get the wardrobes remodeled. They’re from the previous owners who, by the way, had A LOT of bad luck. Interestingly, we’ve had a lot of good luck since we moved into this house. When I’ve some time, def reading up on remedies.

One question about front door / back door. We have a door in between the two separating the rooms. The front & back door are not perfect in line, and there are stairs blocking a 100% view, but the back doors are also the whole lengthy (mostly) of the back side of the house, if this all makes sense.

Does the middle door “make up” fir possibly being able to see partway through the house. It’s so hard to explain
It is funny you say that about the previous owners. It was the same in our house. There was a lot of bad luck with the previous owners and looking at photos of the house's interior it was set up completely wrong. We had a friend come around a cleanse the house as well (if you believe in that sort of stuff) with sage. :)

• Heart
Thank you for the tip! I have heard this before actually, about then having the right energy.

I'm so confused. Help?
This is my concern with buying a crystal online.. have seen so many but are they 'real?'

@Gertrude, I have been told that you should get stones that look and feel right to you. I on the other hand have chosen all mine from eBay and loved them when they arrived. It’s hard to actually go into a shop at the moment to see which stones speak to you isn’t it? So if they speak to you from eBay then they will be fine I would think. Don’t know what any one else thinks about that. ♥
Ohh, that is good to hear. Yeah, impossible to go into a shop at the moment and I'd have to be very patient and wait if I wanted to do that. I've found an online crystal shop where I've found one. Will think about it today before I order.

Please can someone link me to the other thread? This is fun!
When we've said the 'other thread' we mean the Lydia Millen thread. We were discussing her constant renovations and @Oops... commented that her house has bad Feng Shui. Decided to start a thread on the subject as we all found the subject very interesting :)

• Heart

Yes the middle door does help a lot. If the door is closable try to keep it closed maybe. Also, just as a tip make sure all doors throughout your home open and close freely and nothing gets stored behind them. As long as the energy can be allowed to meander through instead of gushing through it will be fine. So interesting its a lucky house for you. That often happens. The previous people took their energy with them. With a few simple tweaks here and there you can really get that existing luck to start spinning wider and wider. Picture that in your mind and set an intention for that to happen. So imagine a vortex of luck swirling through your house from the centre outwards and filling every nook and cranny...

As far as the bed goes one way of dealing with it whilst you are waiting to sort the wardrobes out is to sleep at the other end of the bed so your feet face the headboard pro-tem. This will sound bonkers but give it a go for 2 weeks and see if you notice any changes. It would be an interesting experiment. When people die in their beds at home its the bedroom door they go through in their coffin so that is where that idea came from. Ideally there should be no mirror you can look into whilst in bed. The ancient Chinese believed that the soul can leave the body whist asleep and it could get shocked if it saw itself in the mirror. My dressing table mirror faces my bed and I simply angle it downwards when I go to bed. I used to use a lovely fabric to cover it. I got the idea from a painting called Queen Charlotte‘s Dressing Table where she draped her mirror with crystal organza, so I recreated that whole look with a long drop cloth to the oblong table and draped the shield shaped mirror. Another thing with beds just for info is you should try to get into them from both sides. By that I mean that one side should not be pushed against a wall. In addition you should try not to store anything beneath a bed as stagnant energy can build up and affect your sleep/relationship.

When considering a house for central point purposes do you include an attached garage in the calculations?

@Oops... So if a house is open plan, with no stairs, where should a money frog be placed? I'm reading up but am confused about placement.

Found this:
Traditionally, the money frog should be placed in a home's energetic center of money. In classical feng shui, this is the southeast corner of your space. And in BTB (or Western) feng shui, it's the top lefthand area of your space as viewed on a floor plan.

The southeast corner of my house is a child's bedroom, and they aren't supposed to be in bedrooms, right? The top lefthand area is a garage that is attached to the house. Or am I being too literal and the frog needs to be in a living space only and orientation/measurements taken from that space?

I'm so confused. Help?
First of all the money frog/toad is an image of attraction or intent. It’s source might not be as important as the imagery. It matters that you like the look of it. For instance mine is made of glass with gold here and there because it goes better with my decor. You put your intention for the purpose you want the item to perform into the item when you get it.

Yes you should use the garage if it is attached. This may make the overall shape irregular if the garage is not the full length of the wall it is attached to.

If it was me I might place the toad in the SE corner of the area you sit in on a table perhaps So that would be the top side of your sitting area. You might also want to place a turtle image (I use a stone tortoise from the garden centre) facing your back door as you come in. It may help too to read up on the nine areas of the bagua. This can both be applied to a room and or the whole area on each floor. Both are correct.

To take measurements you measure externally l x w and then draw a line across the centre and where the line meets is the centre of you home and that’s where you might want to put your rose quartz for love and protection. I’ll try to explain what you do with irregular shapes in a later post.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I just stumbled across this and I find it SO fascinating!! Thanks for the tips so far. Interested to read more!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
As you say, it is impossible in lockdown to buy anything other than groceries, unfortunately. I’m a huge Etsy fan but would take forever to arrive. I am so annoyed with myself as I used to go to Blackrock Market every other weekend with my kids. Lovely little place with cafés and my fave vintage clothing/accessories shop, Bella’s. She finally closed after lockdown #2 - so,so sad. Anyway, there was a tiny little shop that sold crystals and I would look in the window and wonder as to the benefits. Now, I think with nostalgia at these lovely businesses and wish I’d paid more attention, Ready to learn, though, and am excited to start small, absorb this wonderful advice, and make positive changes.

• Heart
As you say, it is impossible in lockdown to buy anything other than groceries, unfortunately. I’m a huge Etsy fan but would take forever to arrive. I am so annoyed with myself as I used to go to Blackrock Market every other weekend with my kids. Lovely little place with cafés and my fave vintage clothing/accessories shop, Bella’s. She finally closed after lockdown #2 - so,so sad. Anyway, there was a tiny little shop that sold crystals and I would look in the window and wonder as to the benefits. Now, I think with nostalgia at these lovely businesses and wish I’d paid more attention, Ready to learn, though, and am excited to start small, absorb this wonderful advice, and make positive changes.
Yeah that's the problem with Etsy, the stuff on their is lovely but it takes ages to arrive.
I live not too far from Brighton, and there are some lovely shops that sell crystals and things, but who knows when they'll be allowed to open again (or if they've even survived lockdown) Like yourself, I used to often look inside these shops and wonder whether they 'work'.

Not sure what the rules are for linking online shops on here (sorry if I'm breaking any rules) but I've been looking at this place https://www.thepsychictree.co.uk/ they have some lovely crystals.

• Heart
Reactions: 5