Feathering the empty nest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh there is.

Someone asked if anyone has any “real tea” to which my answer was that I have tea on her husband.

I have been keeping up to date with this thread and the way Elle has treated people really rubbed me up the wrong way. I was so close to saying what I know but I can’t bring myself to expose this information, as much as I would actually love to.

Sorry to disappoint, I would be dying to know if somebody else had said that so I will hold my hands up and apologise for being that annoying twit.
Oh there is.

Someone asked if anyone has any “real tea” to which my answer was that I have tea on her husband.

I have been keeping up to date with this thread and the way Elle has treated people really rubbed me up the wrong way. I was so close to saying what I know but I can’t bring myself to expose this information, as much as I would actually love to.

Sorry to disappoint, I would be dying to know if somebody else had said that so I will hold my hands up and apologise for being that annoying twit.
Are you not spilling to be kind to Elle or because it would expose who you are?

Reactions: 2
I don't even think Elle knows what she wants to do with her page at the moment. I mean what does she have to post about? Her entire world right now (understandably) is Olivia. She's already said that she won't feature her on the page. It's lockdown so she's not exactly going anywhere to post about. Before Olivia she would do a lot of fundraising stuff but I get the feeling she'll dial down on that for a year or so and enjoy the baby. There's only so many stories she can do about the dog or the house. Any argument about keeping the page a safe space isn't really valid since she's sharing lots of baby items. I don't think anyone going through loss or infertility wants to see baby clothes and accessories on sale every day. Elle already has a private account. No way would she have returned to FTEN last month if the new book wasn't around the corner.

Reactions: 19
I don't even think Elle knows what she wants to do with her page at the moment. I mean what does she have to post about? Her entire world right now (understandably) is Olivia. She's already said that she won't feature her on the page. It's lockdown so she's not exactly going anywhere to post about. Before Olivia she would do a lot of fundraising stuff but I get the feeling she'll dial down on that for a year or so and enjoy the baby. There's only so many stories she can do about the dog or the house. Any argument about keeping the page a safe space isn't really valid since she's sharing lots of baby items. I don't think anyone going through loss or infertility wants to see baby clothes and accessories on sale every day. Elle already has a private account. No way would she have returned to FTEN last month if the new book wasn't around the corner.
she definitely needs two accounts now she’s had a baby I think - one a lifestyle one where she can accept as many freebies as she likes, hang out with her posh friends and humble brag to her hearts content. FYI I wouldn’t follow 🤣 then she needs a baby loss account with fundraising, blog posts, useful information, to spread awareness etc (I would follow this!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
she definitely needs two accounts now she’s had a baby I think - one a lifestyle one where she can accept as many freebies as she likes, hang out with her posh friends and humble brag to her hearts content. FYI I wouldn’t follow 🤣 then she needs a baby loss account with fundraising, blog posts, useful information, to spread awareness etc (I would follow this!)
Knowing how fake she is, I wouldn’t follow either ✅✅

Maybe write the sentence out but jumble the words around.
I love this idea 💡 win, win ✅✅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Everyone has made such great points on here. Even though she wasn't very nice to me, I am really pleased that she has her rainbow baby. I have suffered as she has, so I can understand the pain she gone through. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, ever, and it's really nice that she has gotten to bring home a baby, finally.

BUT I also think she isn't a saint. It's unfair for people to invalidate how she has treated others because they think she is just the best ever and untouchable because she lost a baby. Nope. You don't get to treat people poorly because you lost a baby. And that was happening all over the Rave thread. "Sorry you PERCEIVED the way she treated you as rude." duck right off.

I had quite a few pleasant interactions with her over the years, both on Instagram and on her blog so I had no reason to think that when I messaged her she would be anything other than kind and gracious. I looked forward to reading her book because I enjoyed her writing on her blog and on instagram, I bought both a physical copy and the audible version, and later bought several additional copies to give to friends. I loved her book, so much of what she said and experienced resonated with me. I wrote positive, thoughtful reviews across all reading platforms. I sent her a loving and thoughtful message several months after I had read the book, I was careful in my wording and what I shared so as not to do anything that could potentially trigger her or upset her, but I did share some personal things and I felt like a right fool afterwards. I received a really unpleasant response of how she didn't have time for this and wouldn't be responding (it was bizarre to reply to let someone know you weren't worth their time and wouldn't be responding - you just responded, you idiot), I can't remember the exact wording now and I have since deleted her messages from my Instagram, I wish I had had the forethought to take a screenshot, but I'm a novice in dealing with the huns. All prior interactions with big accounts has been pleasant. It was so jarring and hurtful, especially after having had pleasant exchanges. It was unexpected. I thought of her as a kindhearted person, doing good things in the world. I do think she has done some good things and perhaps she still does with her charity work, but that doesn't excuse her from being unkind to people who are grieving. I kept following her, though, because I'm a nosy cow. ;) As an aside, I hadn't really paid much attention to Tattle. I was still in the instagram bubble of thinking all of these larger accounts were really lovely. Elle was the first of the lot that I had an unpleasant interaction with.

I recently realized she had blocked me from seeing her stories, but not her grid and I felt irritated about it. It was like she was saying, "you're a twit who I only want to give access to my grid so I can sell you some tit, like my new book or my $400 sheets". I cannot for the life of me understand why SHE would block ME. As I said already, I have always been kind and supportive to her. I do know that I'm blacklisted by a number of other instahuns (Cunty Suthers, THTMM, Martha YAWN Lewis, Blossoming BirdTurd, Anna Look at ME Mathur, Intellectually and emotionally stunted RVK, Laura-Ad, Sally Heel Lady {who I never even followed} and there's a few more - I can't even remember them all because it's been quite a while since I was blocked). Why was I blacklisted you ask? Did I post something nasty about any of them on Instagram? Call someone out for their dubious behavior? Leave a negative comment? Nope, it's because I FOLLOWED the RVK Tweets instagram account that put all of Grabecca's disgusting tweets that were racist, classist, and pretty big on fat shaming and mom shaming, online for all to see. Did I then do anything else? Share that account? Call people out on supporting Grabecca after finding out she is legitimately a racist and generally just a piece of trash? Nope, nothing else. Just kept on minding my own business. The funny thing is, they all drone on and on about Tattle and how it affects their mental health (wah wah wah), but people wouldn't come here and witch about them if they didn't have a reason to. Sure there will always be haters, but most people aren't going to take the time to create an account and write about other people unless they've been pushed to a point to do so. For some people it's constant undeclared ads, for some people it's a rotten interaction, or for some people, like me, it's being blocked for no good reason by a dozen narcissistic assholes on a Tuesday. I never would have created a Tattle account or come on here to post about them if they hadn't all been epic assholes.
I finally unfollowed and blocked Feathers. I wrote about it on the Rave thread because there wasn't anywhere else to write about it on here and the insane ass kissing over there made me want to vom. Finally! A non-Rave thread! Hoorah! 🥳

When people defend these women, it's often a "they didn't ask for this" defense. Are you bleeping kidding me? These women CHOOSE to put their lives on the internet, they're ordinary women who have CHOSEN to blast their whole lives into our faces on social media. We gossip non-stop (as a society) about people in the spotlight from royals to movie stars to politicians. These witches are often being pretty damned smug about their faux perfect little lives, did they really think 50,000 or 100,000 (or more) people would all be ok with how sneaky and manipulative they are? AND since the majority of them are proper assholes who refuse to follow the rules of declaring items as gifts and ads and then they go on wild blocking binges if there's a whiff of threat to their pretend lives, it shouldn't be surprising at all that people are itching to talk about them. Can you really expect people not to be irritated that every other post on your grid and stories is a freebie/ad that you have only received because you've managed to manipulate people and claw your way to "popularity" on the internet? People are not going to like it when a few dozen people get all the free tit all the time and are smug little cunts about it. I personally don't care all that much about that stuff, but I can fully appreciate that a lot of people do care about it and it upsets them, especially if they're working their asses off every day and can't afford half of what these women get for staying home and watching Netflix while dicking around on their phones. They can, of course, set 'boundaries', but no one is holding a gun to their heads saying, be an influencer!! They could also bow out gracefully if things are a bit too much and get a real job, but that would require them to actually work so, probably not likely. And they wouldn't be able to get the constant ego boost of thousands of strangers on the internet telling you you're great.🤮

If Elle didn't want to respond to messages from people who want to tell her how much her writing has meant in their life, then she should craft a professional, gracious auto-response style message. OR she could just not respond at all. She doesn't have to be a dick to people. Like plastering your life all over the internet, you have a CHOICE. And, did no one tell her that she was writing a book about losing a baby? Not only is she now an author, and newsflash people like to contact authors of books they like, but she has a massive following on a really popular platform - people will contact her and they're often contacting her to thank her. Absolutely mental that she's decided to be mean to them. She should at least realize that these are vulnerable women contacting her, just be nice. It's pretty simple and not at all difficult to be nice to people who are hurting. If you can't be nice to people who are vulnerable and in pain, you're not actually a nice person.

I would have probably bought her next book. I gave her first book as Christmas gifts to a number of women in my support group, and probably would have done the same with her second. Her loss, I guess. It's too bad because if charity is her true goal, you'd think she'd care about being a nasty slag to grieving women on the internet, as it might affect the bottom line for charities that benefit from the selling of her books and her campaigns on insta. Makes me wonder, is she a good person? Or is she a bit vain and wants the attention being a pretend goodie two shoes brings? As my Nan used to say, only the Lord knows.
Great piece and an interesting read. Sorry for your losses. It’s understandable why you’d connect with her and despicable that you’d be treated in this way; your assume your experiencing would enable her to offer you comfort.
I genuinely feel this platform allows people to hone I become famous and notoriety and there thrive in the attention like a celebrity.

Reactions: 4
OMG you are so right ✅✅. I’m convinced the reason she was horrible to me was that I am a small account with a small number of followers and I am certainly not upper class or a celeb. You have hit the nail right on the head 🔨. People like me are of no use to her, I don’t know influential people or can’t get her any freebies or new followers. All I know is that I followed her for a number of years, donated to Tedicated Cycle, donated many times for the NICU etc and when I reached out she slapped me right back down and made me feel, quite frankly, like 💩. I had sent her so many positive messages on many occasions, only receiving the ❤ in response, if that. One time, I messaged her with reference to my own heartbreak and immediately she shut me down. So long as you’re talking about her and supporting her that’s fine. As soon as you might want to mention you also have 💔 she shows her true colours. That is why I say that Eleanor is fake. I know this is harsh but I do actually believe she has monetised the loss of her son. I didn’t used to think that, I thought her page was all to do with her healing. Maybe she started out that way but the book and the celebs and the big following has truly gone to her head. She does think she is above most people and she judges people by their wealth and ‘status’. She’s only being nicey nicey now because she has a book to sell. Eleanor Wright is not the only person who has suffered the loss of a precious baby but she acts like she is 🤦🏻‍♀️. #allthatglittersisntgold
Yes, there’s a definite type that she prefers to engage with. She reminds me of one of those sad school girls who were always trying to get in with the cool kids. And now she’s just desperate to be a yummy mummy and she clearly thinks showcasing her wealth will get her there quicker! Together with her heartbreaking story...

At least we are getting a break from the “Ooh, get me, shopping at Waitrose dahling, and here, check out my Emma Bridgwater mug” stories, with her very fake posh accent.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Waitrose or EB (and indeed have both myself!). 🤣

OMG you are so right ✅✅. I’m convinced the reason she was horrible to me was that I am a small account with a small number of followers and I am certainly not upper class or a celeb. You have hit the nail right on the head 🔨. People like me are of no use to her, I don’t know influential people or can’t get her any freebies or new followers. All I know is that I followed her for a number of years, donated to Tedicated Cycle, donated many times for the NICU etc and when I reached out she slapped me right back down and made me feel, quite frankly, like 💩. I had sent her so many positive messages on many occasions, only receiving the ❤ in response, if that. One time, I messaged her with reference to my own heartbreak and immediately she shut me down. So long as you’re talking about her and supporting her that’s fine. As soon as you might want to mention you also have 💔 she shows her true colours. That is why I say that Eleanor is fake. I know this is harsh but I do actually believe she has monetised the loss of her son. I didn’t used to think that, I thought her page was all to do with her healing. Maybe she started out that way but the book and the celebs and the big following has truly gone to her head. She does think she is above most people and she judges people by their wealth and ‘status’. She’s only being nicey nicey now because she has a book to sell. Eleanor Wright is not the only person who has suffered the loss of a precious baby but she acts like she is 🤦🏻‍♀️. #allthatglittersisntgold
I am sorry - I also wanted to add that I am so sorry to hear you have suffered, and you didn’t get the support your deserved from Eleanor at the time xxx

Reactions: 3
Oh there is.

I know exactly what it is you're referring to 😈

• Wow
I can’t believe she kept her daughter’s name a secret for ages, and then it turns out to be the most boring, unoriginal and over-used name in the past 15 years 😂😂😂😂 (apologies to anyone with a daughter called Olivia - nice enough name, but hardly ground-breaking stuff)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I can’t believe she kept her daughter’s name a secret for ages, and then it turns out to be the most boring, unoriginal and over-used name in the past 15 years 😂😂😂😂 (apologies to anyone with a daughter called Olivia - nice enough name, but hardly ground-breaking stuff)
I thought she might go for Hope or a Cornish name ✅✅

Reactions: 4
Quite! What an anti climax that was! 🙄🤣🤣

• Haha
It was my favourite name of mine and I thought if I ever had a daughter I’d name her Olivia. I haven’t had a girl but if I had the popularity would put me off. - I believe it was no 1 or 2 year I’ve had my son.

But I do think the name it’s pretty and classy and classic. Still better then made up names that her friend Cara gave to her sons because she is so ‘cool’ like a celebrity you know 😏 Barley, Harbor, Sonny

I agree it was weird to keep it a secret for so long. You either keep it a secret for ever or if you are going to reveal it you might as well just announce it at the start.

Reactions: 5
It was my favourite name of mine and I thought if I ever had a daughter I’d name her Olivia. I haven’t had a girl but if I had the popularity would put me off. - I believe it was no 1 or 2 year I’ve had my son.

But I do think the name it’s pretty and classy and classic. Still better then made up names that her friend Cara gave to her sons because she is so ‘cool’ like a celebrity you know 😏 Barley, Harbor, Sonny

I agree it was weird to keep it a secret for so long. You either keep it a secret for ever or if you are going to reveal it you might as well just announce it at the start.
Got to say I think it’s a classic name. It was my first choice name for a girl 22 years ago but I had a boy. My niece is 5 and suits the name. Ooh we’ve had a buggy pic today and some really interesting updates on Maltesers. Her page is a shambles. I used to really like her and as a fellow pug owner I love her dog ( crawls into a corner waiting to be stoned by the pug haters 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Got to say I think it’s a classic name. It was my first choice name for a girl 22 years ago but I had a boy. My niece is 5 and suits the name. Ooh we’ve had a buggy pic today and some really interesting updates on Maltesers. Her page is a shambles. I used to really like her and as a fellow pug owner I love her dog ( crawls into a corner waiting to be stoned by the pug haters 😂)
Riveting content today on Eleanor’s stories 💤 💤 😴 😴 I’m sure her 197k followers are fixated 😀😀

Didn’t say I hated pugs, just think they are ugly 😂. Sorry x

Riveting content today on Eleanor’s stories 💤 💤 😴 😴 I’m sure her 197k followers are fixated 😀😀

Do you think when she gets to 200k followers she will say O’s name 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I do find her a massive contradiction now.
Ask me his name/Don’t ask me her name.

Years spent as the voice of a mother’s loss, trying to make talking about BL less taboo. Regularly sharing photos, names written in the sand and stories. Building up a large following of women who want to learn how to support their friends/family through BL.

Of course her followers are asking for updates on her daughter or photos. She’s shared so much extremely personal information previously, trying to create her narrative of motherhood through that page and her following. In the process she set a standard for her page. I find it odd that she feels annoyed by the expectations to share her daughter given how much she’s always shared.

My children are kept off of my social media accounts and the accounts are all private. I don’t believe anyone has to upload photos of their children publicly but I understand where her followers are coming from.

Also to add, I don’t follow her. The £400 ad for bedsheets made me open my eyes. That and the M&S dinner parties. Vulgar and cheapening to an account that presumably stood for so much more.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Do you think when she gets to 200k followers she will say O’s name 🤣🤣
Haha I don’t take offense not everyone likes the same things 😂 I wonder if she will ever get to 200k. With her attitude I don’t think she will. Plus if lockdown has done anything positive it’s made people realize what lazy privileged idiots some of these influencers are.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.