Feathering the empty nest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never lost a baby and I'm not Elle either, so I don't know how she feels. I did think that her continuing to raise awareness and fundraise for those who have lost babies was an incredibly brave thing to do. With the best will in the world, submersing yourself in such acute tragedy must take an almighty toll on your mental health. Likewise, trying to have another baby whilst being a campaigner must have been very difficult. I wouldn't be able to do both. I'm certain it's not really a good idea either. How do you have hope in the midst of such agony? I don't blame her at all for backing off, but obviously it goes without saying that you need to make it clear to people if your previous offer of assistance and support no longer stands.

I too found her benefitting from various freebies and expensive ones at that, to be jarring to say the least. I personally would not feel comfortable to post about baby loss one day and Ads and free gifts the next. I would find it impossible to bear living with an item given to me for free, but with the expectation of publicising the item, when I have received it as a direct consequence of my baby dying. She should have had two accounts at the very least. The thought of bereaved parents on their knees with grief, who sought Elle's page in the hope of some comfort and empathy only to discover an advert for something she had received for free, is really upsetting. I think it was a huge mistake to brag about how expensive alterations to their home were and how much they spent on what was essentially a small extension. Most families can't afford a single course of IVF. Elle, I think, had several courses and I thought she paid for some, if not all. On top of that they spent £100,000 on home alterations. You can buy a house for less than that. Obviously they can do what they want with their money, but the problem is that it did not sit well within a platform she also used for fundraising for baby loss.

I find the new book crass. There are so many mums and dads out there, who have bought Elle's book, followed her story, read her blog and will never have their rainbow. That's not Elle's fault, but it does feel as though she has metaphorically and literally slammed the door in their faces. The other problem I have is that it doesn't sound as though she has taken time off Instagram to be solely with her baby, as she claimed.She's been writing her book. That's fine, but why lie? Also, do you think she signed a contract to write a book before her daughter was born? Surely not, so why the rush? I'm not sure that I'd want to write another book about pregnancy, to follow on from the devastation of losing Teddy and including even more tales of loss, but maybe that's just me.

Finally, I really dislike her faux horror and refusal of freebies. I definately believe selling your kids is horrendous. Their privacy and safety is worth more than a free pram, carrier or toys. The problem is that she's a hypocrite. She's being smug about something she did for years.

They don't owe anyone a photo, but if they are genuinely keeping photos for her book, then that is pretty bad. I can't imagine a book without photos of their daughter. It's selling her to the highest bidder, which isn't those who've cried for her and Teddy. It's a publishing company who can hand over hard cash.

I don't blame Elle for wanting to do happy baby stuff and for not wanting to be one of those parents we all hate, those whose kids are sold on a daily basis. But I think an explanation is the least she can do. Personally I'd stop posting on Feathering the Empty Nest on Instagram and the blog, signing off with a thank you and an explanation. If she's desperate she could open another Instagram account for herself, her house or whatever.

I wish them the happiest of futures. But she needs to make it very clear whether her offer of support has been withdrawn. Parents at rock bottom deserve much more than the treatment she has apparently been dishing out. I think she's going to have awkward questions raised about the profits made from the book too, assuming it sells.
Very well said 👏🏼

And you have touched upon something I have always felt uncomfortable with, but never really wanted to say it out loud for fear of being branded a witch, but the accepting of freebies, such as Wimbledon tickets or that weekend break to Norfolk with four of their mates, on the back of your dead child has never sat right with me. I don't really get what angle the companies involved are coming from either. Your child died? Here, have some free tickets to The Chelsea Flower Show and cheer up?

And the sainthood bestowed upon her from some quarters on here for not accepting freebies for her new baby is also a joke. NEWSFLASH ~ THEY HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY WHATEVER THEY NEED! Plus I think she's savvy enough (although not reading the current room too well) to be well aware of how much support she would lose if she did.

And ok, I admit it, I am still fucked off about her accepting that washing machine. The model was around a grand IIRC. Pocket change to them. And also the garden furniture just before she slinked away on maternity leave.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Very well said 👏🏼

And you have touched upon something I have always felt uncomfortable with, but never really wanted to say it out loud for fear of being branded a witch, but the accepting of freebies, such as Wimbledon tickets or that weekend break to Norfolk with four of their mates, on the back of your dead child has never sat right with me. I don't really get what angle the companies involved are coming from either. Your child died? Here, have some free tickets to The Chelsea Flower Show and cheer up?

And the sainthood bestowed upon her from some quarters on here for not accepting freebies for her new baby is also a joke. NEWSFLASH ~ THEY HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY WHATEVER THEY NEED! Plus I think she's savvy enough (although not reading the current room too well) to be well aware of how much support she would lose if she did.

And ok, I admit it, I am still fucked off about her accepting that washing machine. The model was around a grand IIRC. Pocket change to them. And also the garden furniture just before she slinked away on maternity leave.
Same here. It really does stink what her and her 'pals' are given (their excuse is it's their job......bollocks !). Try going out everyday during a pandemic then you'll know what a proper job is.

Reactions: 13
I have never lost a baby and I'm not Elle either, so I don't know how she feels. I did think that her continuing to raise awareness and fundraise for those who have lost babies was an incredibly brave thing to do. With the best will in the world, submersing yourself in such acute tragedy must take an almighty toll on your mental health. Likewise, trying to have another baby whilst being a campaigner must have been very difficult. I wouldn't be able to do both. I'm certain it's not really a good idea either. How do you have hope in the midst of such agony? I don't blame her at all for backing off, but obviously it goes without saying that you need to make it clear to people if your previous offer of assistance and support no longer stands.

I too found her benefitting from various freebies and expensive ones at that, to be jarring to say the least. I personally would not feel comfortable to post about baby loss one day and Ads and free gifts the next. I would find it impossible to bear living with an item given to me for free, but with the expectation of publicising the item, when I have received it as a direct consequence of my baby dying. She should have had two accounts at the very least. The thought of bereaved parents on their knees with grief, who sought Elle's page in the hope of some comfort and empathy only to discover an advert for something she had received for free, is really upsetting. I think it was a huge mistake to brag about how expensive alterations to their home were and how much they spent on what was essentially a small extension. Most families can't afford a single course of IVF. Elle, I think, had several courses and I thought she paid for some, if not all. On top of that they spent £100,000 on home alterations. You can buy a house for less than that. Obviously they can do what they want with their money, but the problem is that it did not sit well within a platform she also used for fundraising for baby loss.

I find the new book crass. There are so many mums and dads out there, who have bought Elle's book, followed her story, read her blog and will never have their rainbow. That's not Elle's fault, but it does feel as though she has metaphorically and literally slammed the door in their faces. The other problem I have is that it doesn't sound as though she has taken time off Instagram to be solely with her baby, as she claimed.She's been writing her book. That's fine, but why lie? Also, do you think she signed a contract to write a book before her daughter was born? Surely not, so why the rush? I'm not sure that I'd want to write another book about pregnancy, to follow on from the devastation of losing Teddy and including even more tales of loss, but maybe that's just me.

Finally, I really dislike her faux horror and refusal of freebies. I definately believe selling your kids is horrendous. Their privacy and safety is worth more than a free pram, carrier or toys. The problem is that she's a hypocrite. She's being smug about something she did for years.

They don't owe anyone a photo, but if they are genuinely keeping photos for her book, then that is pretty bad. I can't imagine a book without photos of their daughter. It's selling her to the highest bidder, which isn't those who've cried for her and Teddy. It's a publishing company who can hand over hard cash.

I don't blame Elle for wanting to do happy baby stuff and for not wanting to be one of those parents we all hate, those whose kids are sold on a daily basis. But I think an explanation is the least she can do. Personally I'd stop posting on Feathering the Empty Nest on Instagram and the blog, signing off with a thank you and an explanation. If she's desperate she could open another Instagram account for herself, her house or whatever.

I wish them the happiest of futures. But she needs to make it very clear whether her offer of support has been withdrawn. Parents at rock bottom deserve much more than the treatment she has apparently been dishing out. I think she's going to have awkward questions raised about the profits made from the book too, assuming it sells.
Yes oh my goodnesss this!!!!

Reactions: 6
Love the recent comments. I agree with everything that’s been said. It’s the humble bragging that grates so much. Why did she feel the need to keep telling everyone that they don’t need freebies and they can afford to buy it themselve. Humble bragging at its best.

Reactions: 12
Love the recent comments. I agree with everything that’s been said. It’s the humble bragging that grates so much. Why did she feel the need to keep telling everyone that they don’t need freebies and they can afford to buy it themselve. Humble bragging at its best.
I agree, I thought it was lovely that they didn’t want to accept gifts for the baby but they didn’t really need to broadcast it did they? If a company got in touch with her and said can I gift you this she could have just told them no I’d rather you donated without having to tell all her followers 🙄

Reactions: 8
I agree, I thought it was lovely that they didn’t want to accept gifts for the baby but they didn’t really need to broadcast it did they? If a company got in touch with her and said can I gift you this she could have just told them no I’d rather you donated without having to tell all her followers 🙄
Absolutely! He was constant.. “Look at us, we are considerably richer than yooooooou”. I actually think she tries to appeal to the upper class followers; she wants to form relationships with celebs etc.

Reactions: 11
If she doesn’t want the intrusion into her private life and she’s only continuing with Instagram to use it as a vehicle to promote her book why doesn’t she as someone else said just change her account to only be about the book. Stop sharing the inside of your house or your renovation plans if you dont want people to ask about it or companies to offer free stuff! But she won’t because she clearly loves it I get the vibe she’s someone that likes to feel superior to others and only rejected the offers of free baby stuff to make her look good!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Absolutely! He was constant.. “Look at us, we are considerably richer than yooooooou”. I actually think she tries to appeal to the upper class followers; she wants to form relationships with celebs etc.
OMG you are so right ✅✅. I’m convinced the reason she was horrible to me was that I am a small account with a small number of followers and I am certainly not upper class or a celeb. You have hit the nail right on the head 🔨. People like me are of no use to her, I don’t know influential people or can’t get her any freebies or new followers. All I know is that I followed her for a number of years, donated to Tedicated Cycle, donated many times for the NICU etc and when I reached out she slapped me right back down and made me feel, quite frankly, like 💩. I had sent her so many positive messages on many occasions, only receiving the ❤ in response, if that. One time, I messaged her with reference to my own heartbreak and immediately she shut me down. So long as you’re talking about her and supporting her that’s fine. As soon as you might want to mention you also have 💔 she shows her true colours. That is why I say that Eleanor is fake. I know this is harsh but I do actually believe she has monetised the loss of her son. I didn’t used to think that, I thought her page was all to do with her healing. Maybe she started out that way but the book and the celebs and the big following has truly gone to her head. She does think she is above most people and she judges people by their wealth and ‘status’. She’s only being nicey nicey now because she has a book to sell. Eleanor Wright is not the only person who has suffered the loss of a precious baby but she acts like she is 🤦🏻‍♀️. #allthatglittersisntgold

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Completely agree. Petty example but the two armchairs they have near the door in their kitchen are £845 EACH in the basic fabric and the pendant above her kitchen table is £485. Imagine all the flights to Dubai you could get with £2,175. IMO there is nothing more insulting/ patronising than a person who is more than comfortable financially trying to make you believe that they’re not. Must think the average peasant won’t clock it. For what it’s worth I don’t give a tit how they or anyone else spends their money, but it bothers me when people have influence over others and represent themselves falsely.
Plus......the stuff they bag too ! 😡

OMG you are so right ✅✅. I’m convinced the reason she was horrible to me was that I am a small account with a small number of followers and I am certainly not upper class or a celeb. You have hit the nail right on the head 🔨. People like me are of no use to her, I don’t know influential people or can’t get her any freebies or new followers. All I know is that I followed her for a number of years, donated to Tedicated Cycle, donated many times for the NICU etc and when I reached out she slapped me right back down and made me feel, quite frankly, like 💩. I had sent her so many positive messages on many occasions, only receiving the ❤ in response, if that. One time, I messaged her with reference to my own heartbreak and immediately she shut me down. So long as you’re talking about her and supporting her that’s fine. As soon as you might want to mention you also have 💔 she shows her true colours. That is why I say that Eleanor is fake. I know this is harsh but I do actually believe she has monetised the loss of her son. I didn’t used to think that, I thought her page was all to do with her healing. Maybe she started out that way but the book and the celebs and the big following has truly gone to her head. She does think she is above most people and she judges people by their wealth and ‘status’. She’s only being nicey nicey now because she has a book to sell. Eleanor Wright is not the only person who has suffered the loss of a precious baby but she acts like she is 🤦🏻‍♀️. #allthatglittersisntgold
I have not experienced baby loss and my heart goes out to you. She on the other hand should be ashamed how she has treated her followers. I think exactly the same re small amounts (like mine ! )we aren't any use to them. Tell you what I've noticed re her account- she has lost the Blue Tick that was by her account profile name! Interesting 🤔

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
The other day Elle was on her stories and went to say the word tit, stopped herself and said I won’t say it because everyone has got kids at home... has she forgot once upon a time her main demographic was bereaved families 🤒

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Plus......the stuff they bag too ! 😡

I have not experienced baby loss and my heart goes out to you. She on the other hand should be ashamed how she has treated her followers. I think exactly the same re small amounts (like mine ! )we aren't any use to them. Tell you what I've noticed re her account- she has lost the Blue Tick that was by her account profile name! Interesting 🤔
I’ve looked at the blue tick is still there, not sure why you can’t see it x

Reactions: 2
There was obviously no tea to spill.

I’m glad to be honest, best to keep the thread as place of constructive criticisms rather then some speculative gossip.
Oh there is.

Someone asked if anyone has any “real tea” to which my answer was that I have tea on her husband.

I have been keeping up to date with this thread and the way Elle has treated people really rubbed me up the wrong way. I was so close to saying what I know but I can’t bring myself to expose this information, as much as I would actually love to.

Sorry to disappoint, I would be dying to know if somebody else had said that so I will hold my hands up and apologise for being that annoying twit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Oh there is.

Someone asked if anyone has any “real tea” to which my answer was that I have tea on her husband.

I have been keeping up to date with this thread and the way Elle has treated people really rubbed me up the wrong way. I was so close to saying what I know but I can’t bring myself to expose this information, as much as I would actually love to.

Sorry to disappoint, I would be dying to know if somebody else had said that so I will hold my hands up and apologise for being that annoying twit.
Oh gosh now I really want to know

Reactions: 6
Oh there is.

Is it a film? How many words? 🥸

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Doubling down but not spilling is surely the most irritating way to try and prove that you definitely definitely DO have tea. <sure Jan>

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.