Feathering the empty nest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To go from sharing her experience of parenthood which is obviously a very difficult subject for her to acting like she hasn’t got a child is bleeping bizarre.
Of course not showing baby is totally fine, lots of account don’t. Privacy is yours. Got it.
But no birth story? No info on how the first 6
Months have been? We had that info with Teddy. Why pretend like duck all has happened?
Because she’s writing a book that’s why.
She was so relatable, made people in the same situation feel so understood and now it feels like a kick in the teeth to be honest.
Saving it all for the 📖 her page is sooooo shite. No content at all unless you want to see her shout out to her #friends. Yawn yawn Eleanor, you Surrey Hun bore 😀😀

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I worry that that Olivia is going to grow up feeling completely in Teddy’s shadow, if I’m totally honest.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
It’s sad but inevitable that a real, live baby dulls the memory and pain somewhat of a baby that has passed away.

I think Olivia will be just fine.

Reactions: 5
Nobody said she’s a bad mother.
I agree.

Elle has spent years speaking about Teddy and asking us to ask about him (ask me his name) yet, ignores Olivia and any question about her on social media.
Openly speaking about one child and being secretive about another does imply that Olivia will live in Teddy’s shadow.

This doesn’t mean that she’s is not loved and well looked after. Nor does it mean that Elle isn’t a good mother. It just means that O lives in Teddy’s shadow.

Reactions: 14
Agree totally. Elle is an insta bore but that doesn’t make her a bad mother.
Nobody said she is a bad mother, just very odd she shared so much about Teddy and nothing about O - not even mentioning her by name referring to just her initial, wtf is that all about. It will all be in the book of course, so she’s definitely monetising her children imo.

I agree.

Elle has spent years speaking about Teddy and asking us to ask about him (ask me his name) yet, ignores Olivia and any question about her on social media.
Openly speaking about one child and being secretive about another does imply that Olivia will live in Teddy’s shadow.

This doesn’t mean that she’s is not loved and well looked after. Nor does it mean that Elle isn’t a good mother. It just means that O lives in Teddy’s shadow.
Well said and to the point, completely right imo.

It’s been fairly heavily implied
No it hasn’t not once. You don’t think it’s odd she won’t say her daughter’s name after publishing a book entitled Ask Me His Name 🤷🏻‍♀️. That’s odd behaviour from Eleanor.

It’s sad but inevitable that a real, live baby dulls the memory and pain somewhat of a baby that has passed away.

I think Olivia will be just fine.
Once her mum starts calling her by her name rather than her initial #ironic.

Reactions: 6
I do think it can be hard for a child who follows a loss to match up to their missing sibling... the child who never got to grow up will always be a ‘what if’ and never has the capacity to make mistakes, unlike a living one. I have a friend who had an older sibling they never got to meet and I know they found it hard trying to live up to the life their parents imagined for that child, if that makes sense.

I don’t find it too odd that Elle is choosing to keep Olivia private but I do agree that it appears to be geared towards monetising that particular chapter through her new book. If she is returning to social media, surely her place in that with the audience she has is to share experiences of parenting a child that they got to bring home... not constant photos of her expensive kitchen and her inbred dog.

I do think it can be hard for a child who follows a loss to match up to their missing sibling... the child who never got to grow up will always be a ‘what if’ and never has the capacity to make mistakes, unlike a living one. I have a friend who had an older sibling they never got to meet and I know they found it hard trying to live up to the life their parents imagined for that child, if that makes sense.

I don’t find it too odd that Elle is choosing to keep Olivia private but I do agree that it appears to be geared towards monetising that particular chapter through her new book. If she is returning to social media, surely her place in that with the audience she has is to share experiences of parenting a child that they got to bring home... not constant photos of her expensive kitchen and her inbred dog.
She’s just in it for the dollar 💵

One of my best friends baby passed away and she reached out to her for support, to receive a cold ‘not my problem’ attitude back. I understand her platform is to tell her story and not to listen to others but when you place yourself as a beacon for baby loss you must expect that. Even an auto response saying thank you so much for your message I’m sorry I can’t read them all I get so many blah blah whatever but to just be cold and rude to someone navigating the world again- not cool

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I have no doubt that Elle is a fantastic mother. I’ve never questioned that for a second. She has wanted this baby so much for so long and obviously she is very precious to her. I just find it bizarre that she completely ignores her existence on her social media where a few months ago she shared her TTC and PAL journey so openly. WEIRD. If it is because of her new book then that’s kind of gross. I won’t be buying this one like I did the last, especially after all the mean girl stories about her are starting to come out the woodwork. She clearly thinks an awful lot of herself. Also, wish she’d duck off with her small business shares. It’s BORING. If I want to buy something I’m perfectly capable of sourcing it myself, dick head.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I was on the rant page and I very much defended her, but recently I’ve seen that maybe there’s something a miss. She’s either not mentioning Olivia because of the book (which is worse case) as that makes the child something buyable. Or of which I hope she just wants to keep that part of her life private. But it’s bizarre not mentioning how her journey into motherhood has gone. You can mention having a baby and what that entails without showing said baby.

Reactions: 16
I’ve got to say I’m really intrigued about the alleged tea regarding her husband earlier in this thread... wish that person would spill!

Reactions: 10
If you have time to reply to a message telling someone it's not your problem instead of politely saying i'm so sorry, you're a horrid person imo.

Reactions: 14
Uh oh, bio changed - Living After Loss, Writer - methinks 📖 incoming (29 April in case anyone doesn’t know 😀). Wonder how long before she starts her PR? Ffs Eleanor bearing in mind you have 170k followers is there any chance you could at least attempt to make some effort with your stories/page instead of reposting other people’s content, you are just dammed lazy. Oh yeah, I suppose you wouldn’t bother as you don’t give a 💩 you’re only here for the 💰 and to sell your boring book, not to give anything back. Excellent stuff 👏 👏 #fake #allthatglittersisntgold #surreyhun #dontaskmehername #butitsonherjumper #uglydog

• Haha
Uh oh, bio changed - Living After Loss, Writer - methinks 📖 incoming (29 April in case anyone doesn’t know 😀). Wonder how long before she starts her PR? Ffs Eleanor bearing in mind you have 170k followers is there any chance you could at least attempt to make some effort with your stories/page instead of reposting other people’s content, you are just dammed lazy. Oh yeah, I suppose you wouldn’t bother as you don’t give a 💩 you’re only here for the 💰 and to sell your boring book, not to give anything back. Excellent stuff 👏 👏 #fake #allthatglittersisntgold #surreyhun #dontaskmehername #butitsonherjumper #uglydog
Bio change is really weird, not sure why she’s deleted her name from there!

And ‘raising awareness with Teddy’s legacy’ when’s the last time she even mentioned that, it’s been nothing but small biz advertisement on her feed. She needs to work out what she’s actually using her account for, or just come off SM if there’s no purpose for her account anymore!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.