Feathering the empty nest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you not spilling to be kind to Elle or because it would expose who you are?

Reactions: 2
I don't even think Elle knows what she wants to do with her page at the moment. I mean what does she have to post about? Her entire world right now (understandably) is Olivia. She's already said that she won't feature her on the page. It's lockdown so she's not exactly going anywhere to post about. Before Olivia she would do a lot of fundraising stuff but I get the feeling she'll dial down on that for a year or so and enjoy the baby. There's only so many stories she can do about the dog or the house. Any argument about keeping the page a safe space isn't really valid since she's sharing lots of baby items. I don't think anyone going through loss or infertility wants to see baby clothes and accessories on sale every day. Elle already has a private account. No way would she have returned to FTEN last month if the new book wasn't around the corner.

Reactions: 19
she definitely needs two accounts now she’s had a baby I think - one a lifestyle one where she can accept as many freebies as she likes, hang out with her posh friends and humble brag to her hearts content. FYI I wouldn’t follow then she needs a baby loss account with fundraising, blog posts, useful information, to spread awareness etc (I would follow this!)

Reactions: 12
Knowing how fake she is, I wouldn’t follow either

Maybe write the sentence out but jumble the words around.
I love this idea win, win

Reactions: 10
Great piece and an interesting read. Sorry for your losses. It’s understandable why you’d connect with her and despicable that you’d be treated in this way; your assume your experiencing would enable her to offer you comfort.
I genuinely feel this platform allows people to hone I become famous and notoriety and there thrive in the attention like a celebrity.

Reactions: 4
Yes, there’s a definite type that she prefers to engage with. She reminds me of one of those sad school girls who were always trying to get in with the cool kids. And now she’s just desperate to be a yummy mummy and she clearly thinks showcasing her wealth will get her there quicker! Together with her heartbreaking story...

At least we are getting a break from the “Ooh, get me, shopping at Waitrose dahling, and here, check out my Emma Bridgwater mug” stories, with her very fake posh accent.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Waitrose or EB (and indeed have both myself!).

I am sorry - I also wanted to add that I am so sorry to hear you have suffered, and you didn’t get the support your deserved from Eleanor at the time xxx

Reactions: 3
I know exactly what it is you're referring to

I can’t believe she kept her daughter’s name a secret for ages, and then it turns out to be the most boring, unoriginal and over-used name in the past 15 years (apologies to anyone with a daughter called Olivia - nice enough name, but hardly ground-breaking stuff)

Reactions: 34
I thought she might go for Hope or a Cornish name

Reactions: 4
Quite! What an anti climax that was!

It was my favourite name of mine and I thought if I ever had a daughter I’d name her Olivia. I haven’t had a girl but if I had the popularity would put me off. - I believe it was no 1 or 2 year I’ve had my son.

But I do think the name it’s pretty and classy and classic. Still better then made up names that her friend Cara gave to her sons because she is so ‘cool’ like a celebrity you know Barley, Harbor, Sonny

I agree it was weird to keep it a secret for so long. You either keep it a secret for ever or if you are going to reveal it you might as well just announce it at the start.

Reactions: 5
Got to say I think it’s a classic name. It was my first choice name for a girl 22 years ago but I had a boy. My niece is 5 and suits the name. Ooh we’ve had a buggy pic today and some really interesting updates on Maltesers. Her page is a shambles. I used to really like her and as a fellow pug owner I love her dog ( crawls into a corner waiting to be stoned by the pug haters )

Reactions: 12
Riveting content today on Eleanor’s stories I’m sure her 197k followers are fixated

Didn’t say I hated pugs, just think they are ugly . Sorry x

Riveting content today on Eleanor’s stories I’m sure her 197k followers are fixated

Do you think when she gets to 200k followers she will say O’s name

Reactions: 5
I do find her a massive contradiction now.
Ask me his name/Don’t ask me her name.

Years spent as the voice of a mother’s loss, trying to make talking about BL less taboo. Regularly sharing photos, names written in the sand and stories. Building up a large following of women who want to learn how to support their friends/family through BL.

Of course her followers are asking for updates on her daughter or photos. She’s shared so much extremely personal information previously, trying to create her narrative of motherhood through that page and her following. In the process she set a standard for her page. I find it odd that she feels annoyed by the expectations to share her daughter given how much she’s always shared.

My children are kept off of my social media accounts and the accounts are all private. I don’t believe anyone has to upload photos of their children publicly but I understand where her followers are coming from.

Also to add, I don’t follow her. The £400 ad for bedsheets made me open my eyes. That and the M&S dinner parties. Vulgar and cheapening to an account that presumably stood for so much more.

Reactions: 18

Do you think when she gets to 200k followers she will say O’s name
Haha I don’t take offense not everyone likes the same things I wonder if she will ever get to 200k. With her attitude I don’t think she will. Plus if lockdown has done anything positive it’s made people realize what lazy privileged idiots some of these influencers are.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.