Fearne Cotton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must admit I gasped a little when I saw that mirror selfie. Even if it was a weird angle, no one with 3mil followers would post a photo of themselves looking so noticeably thinner and NOT expect concerned comments.
She's worked in the industry 25 years, the cynical side of me thinks she knows a photo like this WILL get attention (and it has). On the other hand she may be so far into her ED that she can't see how unwell she looks 😢

---

I remember listening to a podcast where she talked about her ED. She said she suffered from bulimia for 10 years, but it disappeared 'overnight' when she found out she was pregnant. Even at the time I found this very hard to believe and like she had never really delt with it.
It seems pretty far fetched right. She prob calmed it down for a bit but now she's let herself get too low again. Tempting I guess as she's based her career on image and looks and then health...her bulimia will probably have been replaced by Ana.

Reactions: 6
She looks ill, really poorly and is built like a young girl not a grown woman. I worry for her health and her denials are upsetting because we can see she's not well.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Must admit I gasped a little when I saw that mirror selfie. Even if it was a weird angle, no one with 3mil followers would post a photo of themselves looking so noticeably thinner and NOT expect concerned comments.
She's worked in the industry 25 years, the cynical side of me thinks she knows a photo like this WILL get attention (and it has). On the other hand she may be so far into her ED that she can't see how unwell she looks 😢

---

I remember listening to a podcast where she talked about her ED. She said she suffered from bulimia for 10 years, but it disappeared 'overnight' when she found out she was pregnant. Even at the time I found this very hard to believe and like she had never really delt with it.
I doubt a ED can 'disappear overnight' either way she looks too thin now and some of the comments were through concern although some of them were rude but what do you expect when you post a pic like that?

Reactions: 9
She looks ill, really poorly and is built like a young girl not a grown woman. I worry for her health and her denials are upsetting because we can see she's not well.

The thing is, if she admitted she was struggling, her fans would be so supportive. I think she worries so much about damaging her 'happy place'/ 'cool mother' brand, and I don't think she can admit it to herself either.
What is sad is vulnerable people will look at her and think that's a healthy attainable weight. Reminds me a bit of Jeanette McCurdy, who insists she recovered from her EDs despite looking very frail.

Plus all the z list celebs blowing smoke up her a** in the comments vying for attention is just 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well I’m glad to see there’s a thread for Ferne on here after seeing today’s posts and stories. She’s very obviously underweight. But how dare anyone talk about the elephant in the room 🙄 I do feel like it’s very childish and attention seeking behaviour

Reactions: 7

I also felt this post was worrying from a couple weeks ago, humble bragging about being able to fit into a skirt from 20 years ago (when she was at the height of her ED).
And has she Photoshopped her leg? It just doesn't look real?

Reactions: 13
Someone I know has reposted her walking stories like they think she’s completely in the right and there is no issue 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 4
Always thought it weird rhe way she quit tv at the time she did?

Her kids were older by then. I do wonder if there’s some horrible sexual incident or abuse behind her decision to leave and this (serious, denied) eating disorder, plus all the focus on mental health as nauseum

IMO something major happened for her to give it up and need to soothe herself 24/7 with psycho babble

Her kids were older by then. I do wonder if there’s some horrible sexual incident or abuse behind her decision to leave and this (serious, denied) eating disorder, plus all the focus on mental health as nauseum

IMO something major happened for her to give it up and need to soothe herself 24/7 with psycho babble
There was. She alluded to it a while back in a podcast, but wouldn't go into any detail. I suspect being in that industry since being 15 would be a total mind fu*k

Oh that’s interesting
You often find horrible teen/ early 20s experiences suddenly flare up as PTSD after having your own kids and seeing them grow up.
Was it predatory older tv types ? She was so young on TOTP and rhe mags. Remember my my saying she was too young as was like 14 and on covers in the late 90s

Reactions: 5

She dated Ian Watkins for a while. Not sure if she left TV around the time all that horrible news came out. So you're probably right!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
She dated Ian Watkins for a while. Not sure if she left TV around the time all that horrible news came out. So you're probably right!
That’s got to duck you up surely. Especially after you become a mother yourself and know what your ex did and was in to. You can’t blame her, I hope she’s having therapy to help her deal with that

Reactions: 13

I also felt this post was worrying from a couple weeks ago, humble bragging about being able to fit into a skirt from 20 years ago (when she was at the height of her ED).
And has she Photoshopped her leg? It just doesn't look real?
This is *ucking irresponsible and hugely triggering to anyone with ED. As you've said she looks like a 7 year old. She's not naturally slim or small boned. She was quite curvey when she was allowed to be.
She went out with that child rapist with the same name as a member of steps didn't she?
I genuinely hope she gets help.

She knew that photo would get attention. She's been in the business long enough. I don't think the comments are simply 'skinny shaming' - some people are skinny but it's a natural weight for them so they still look healthy - Fearne doesn't, and with her ED history it is worrying. Many comments just sounded genuinely concerned.

She does it all for attention. I give the marriage another few years at most. She must be a handful

I'm torn between being irritated and concerned about her. She appears to be photoshopping her thighs as if they weren't thin enough.
I wonder if her fringe is because her hair is receding at the temples? Pure speculation.

she has those sharp bird-like features people get with a long standing ED. I hope she is getting help despite what she's putting out on SM.

It must have had a horrendous impact on her mental health when Watkins was arrested and subsequently jailed, I can’t even imagine the horror, however she does not look very well at all sadly. I have thought her Instagram photos have looked pretty awful for a while now.

Reactions: 10