Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dee_mc

VIP Member
I purchased Jazz Club, Maison Margiela, from Duty Free the other day and I don’t like it. 😭 I feel like it has no staying power at all. It’s so faint even after first sprays. It was a bit of an impulse buy as the fragrance I planned to get (Oud Immortal, Byredo) was out of stock.
In my experience Byredo scents have very poor staying power too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Crumpet41

VIP Member
It's weird what personal skin chemistry does: Magic Energy was pure beachy bananas and Calm Bliss was the one with the toilet cleaner drydown on me, even though testing on paper i also had the "oooof, this is a bit bathroom-y" thought about Magic Energy. Tbh, it's one of the reasons I'm fascinated by fragrance: the way a fragrance can change between people and from paper to skin.
I couldn’t agree more about how different fragrance can be on paper / on different skin . I recently gave my mum a perfume that smelled awful on me but on mum it was lovely. You’d think given we share the same dna it would have been the same on mum.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Tried some of the Kayali perfumes yesterday and am now obsessed with the Vanilla Oud, didnt spray it on me though, anyone know if they're worth the money?
I have Vanilla 28 which has decent staying power.

Tell you what though - and this may have been obvious to everyone but me - the dark purple juice is a bugger on light coloured clothes. I decided to have a quick spray just as I was leaving the house last week. Brand new white t shirt. Looked down at myself an hour or so later to see tiny splotches all over me. Washed out, thankfully.

Yeah, I know I should spray before getting dressed, but my life usually doesn’t work out like that 😅
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I agree! I remember when most brands did 30ml sizes, and I’d choose that over a 50ml more often than not. Now you can’t get some fragrances in anything other than 100ml (looking at you, Liberty).

Diptyque do a nice pick-your-own set of 5 x 10ml slim bottles which are brilliant for travel. I also have a Jo Loves 10ml permanently in my handbag.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

RandomAlpaca22

VIP Member
So I was in Kiko over the weekend browsing make up and saw they are now doing perfumes - and they all smell so good?!

If anyone has a kiko store near them I would highly recommend giving them a sniff, and not badly priced either. Can't comment on the longevity, but I'm going to buy this one for my birthday next month as it was just gorgeous

1730108002084.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Mamacita

VIP Member
I purchased Jazz Club, Maison Margiela, from Duty Free the other day and I don’t like it. 😭 I feel like it has no staying power at all. It’s so faint even after first sprays. It was a bit of an impulse buy as the fragrance I planned to get (Oud Immortal, Byredo) was out of stock.
Oh nah I hate this one, smells like old furniture to me. I find Maison margiela mostly have terrible staying power. Byredo too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
You can also order individual samples from eg fragrance samples UK, small aromas etc. Just look for the notes you like and order a few.

Fragrantica website/app is good for looking for similar perfumes to ones you like and notes
Thank you so much for this tip, I found a few I think I might like and ordered the dupes yesterday on Noted Aromas in sample size so I can try them all out. And they arrived this afternoon! So efficient
---
Also going to try Le Labo 13 after all these comments too. Thank you all so much for the tips 🙌
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
Tried a tester of YSL Libre Flowers & Flames and immediately ordered a bottle. I have the original EDP and the Le Parfum versions, but for me this one is the best. I’m not normally a huge floral fan, but there’s something about it that’s so addictive. It has a warmer smell, less soapy than the others - I’m a gourmand fan so I like that about it. It’s not a gourmand fragrance at all, but it just has this rich, slightly spicy warmth about it. It’s also longer lasting on me than other versions with better sillage.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

RandomAlpaca22

VIP Member
My partner went to Monaco last weekend on business and he brought me back a fresh bottle of Chanel Chance Eau Vive:love::love: I want to be buried in this scent hahaha
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
If anyone is a floral street fan or wants to try TK MAXX has a great selection atm. 10.99 EUR for the 10ml or a set of three for 27.99. I already have wonderland peony and ylang espresso but picked up neon rose.
Great stocking stuffer or secret santas too!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I got a sample of the Victoria Beckham San Ysidro Drive which I finally got around to trying today. It was actually really nice and clean smelling so I looked up the price thinking it might be nice to treat myself sometime. £170! Maybe I might have to wait a while.
It's worth the money, I have grown to like it more and more and have had several people ask what I'm wearing. The bottles look good too! I can spray a tiny amount and still smell it on myself 8 hours later.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

sushimama

Chatty Member
I really like soleil blanc but longevity on me was rubbish at that price. I actually find Paco Rabanne olympea reminds me of it quite a lot and Is much cheaper so I will probably get that for the summer
I loveeee Olympea, my mum gifted it to me when it came out and it was the only perfume I wore for 5 years. :D Now I'm trying to change it and find something else I would love as much but it's really hard haha. And it lasts such a long time, you can't go wrong!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

princessmaire80

VIP Member
So I bought the Charlotte Tilbury perfume- I went to the CT counter and tried out the one I liked. It was absolutely amazing and I fell in love with it so bought it there and then. It smells really unique but in a nice way. It was £130- not the most I’ve ever spent on a perfume, but definitely up there! Although I felt it was worth it, it’s gorge.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I find all of the Replica perfumes lack in longevity which is a shame as really nice scents.
They are also expensive given the lack of projection/longevity . I cant justify £50+ for a perfume that I can only smell on me for 10 minutes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6