Favourite One-Hit-Wonders

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just listening to a mixed playlist on YouTube and 'Last Resort' by Papa Roach came on. What an absolute banger that song is. Made me cringe a bit at the time but as the years have passed I guess the nostalgia effect has set in and I appreciate it a lot more now. I know they had a few other hits but essentially I think of them as a one-hit-wonder.

So what are your favourite one-hit-wonders? I think the criteria should be:

1. Either an artist who only actually had one song, or
2. An artist who did have other minor hits, but is generally only remembered for one mega-hit

Another one I thought of is 'Glorious' by Andreas Johnson.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Chesney Hawkes- One and Only

I am also fan of Glorious and Last Resort. Good taste!

Ooh Goyte Somebody I used to know!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love the cheesy one hit wonders- you know the ones you only hear at xmas parties, weddings, on holiday. Cotton Eye Joe and stuff!

Reactions: 11
Minnie Riperton - Lovin' you. She had an amazing voice, she was able to reach really high notes. The song is even more meaningful, because she was only 31 when she passed away.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Some really good suggestions, they really take me back. What is is about musical nostalgia that actually makes me want to go back to the torrid times I endured as a schoolkid? I guess it's because you have a whole different set of problems as an adult, and they make your youthful ones seem more trivial and endurable.

Another one from me that evokes massive nostalgia is '74, 75' by The Connells. I listen to it every now and again, nice song.

Reactions: 12

Yel

The new radicals - get what you give

Although in fairness it was through choice there wasn't another hit and he went on to write and produce loads of hits for others.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hooked on you by Volatile Agents. If my memory is correct, the morning presenters, Bam Bam and Street Boy of Kiss did a competition for a singer, songwriter, DJ and producer to put a record together, and this is the result. Memories!!

Appears the singer is now a school teacher!