Fathering Autism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate saying this but I don’t think caregivers should be responsible for baths for Abbie. Piggy should.

Reactions: 6
An indoor cat with Abby is not a wise move. She does get aggressive and that cat will also claw or bite her too if she shows aggression towards the cat. Abby doesn’t have the ability to understand or have the empathy when she hits or kicks but no one should be doing it back to her. My father had dementia and would hit and even try and bite but he wasn’t in his right mind to know better and neither is Abby.

Reactions: 5
She has to be reading here. Do you see how much more engaged and loving she is towards Abbie when the camera is on? 😆😆
Such BS.
Those fake ass Instagram posts confessing her love for Abbie are nauseating to me.
Why is it after over 1,000 vlogs suddenly now she loves Abbie?
Hugging on her. Kissing on her. Sitting beside her. Telling her she loves her. She RARELY did that in the old(er) vlogs. It is just recently that it happens and its real friggin obvious what she's doing btw.
It could have something to do with Summer being there full time also.
I don't wanna give US all the credit. 😆
#fakeassbitch. #garbagelipmomma.
#cillasliesnthings.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
She has to be reading here. Do you see how much more engaged and loving she is towards Abbie when the camera is on? 😆😆
Such BS.
Those fake ass Instagram posts confessing her love for Abbie are nauseating to me.
Why is it after over 1,000 vlogs suddenly now she loves Abbie?
Hugging on her. Kissing on her. Sitting beside her. Telling her she loves her. She RARELY did that in the old(er) vlogs. It is just recently that it happens and its real friggin obvious what she's doing btw.
It could have something to do with Summer being there full time also.
I don't wanna give US all the credit. 😆
#fakeassbitch. #garbagelipmomma.
#cillasliesnthings.
totally fake love lol!

Reactions: 3
She has to be reading here. Do you see how much more engaged and loving she is towards Abbie when the camera is on?
I thought the exact same thing 😂😂😂. So fake and disingenuous. If she has to try and prove she actually loves her daughter for everyone to see...she truly is a tit person. Don’t you love how her and Summer were going to get her nails done. Then dumb Ass, I mean Asa says oh someday the other girl can go. Paint her nails so she can’t eat it off. Smart very smart Asa.

Then Laughing at her, when the poor child was trying to put away her schedule book and then telling her two different ways to do it. “Open the draw more, no close the folder, no do both”. Shouldn't instructions be simple...just sayin. Then torturing her all the time with “we’re going here or there” then when she gets up to go they say later. Then the autism expert contemplates teaching her what later means. Really Asa...Are you even a parent to “Autistic” child? How about keepin your fat jowl shut until you are actually ready to go. Yes ASSa you have a jowl. Use a social story to prepare her. Oh that’s right that would interfere with your daily vlogging and walks.

Pigcilla wants accountability for her walking. She made it day one or else appeared to in her Instagram #walkingpartner, lets see if she can do it again. We are watching 🤓 and you are reading here 📃.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t like how Isaiah grabbed Abbies ear in yesterday’s video. I know she did it to him but he needs to not be rough with her

Someone here posted this back when they went on vacation. You can see him grabbing her arm, playful or not, he needs to not be rough with her.

He did the same in a recent vlog where she grabbed his ear and he grabbed it back but looked like he really pinched hard by his facial expression

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Omg ignore my comment I literally said the same thing you did ^^^^^^^^^^

Any ability by Abbie to pinch someone in the car needed to be stopped immediately. Prior to them being able to afford a new car, if I were them, I would’ve switched seats (like mentioned) if typical child old enough to ride in the front or built a guard of some sort so she shouldn’t reach over. If that didn’t work, then try mittens w/ enough velcro & maybe a click strap that she can’t remove. Let her scream & cry over them until she learns that pinching someone is never ok. Instead, they’ve laughed about it all these years. Which is what they do too much of. She is manipulative & it’s not cute.

Reactions: 12
I recently began watching Fathering Autism. After a few “episodes” I was hooked, and binge watched the majority. (I do not know much about autism, nor am I qualified to diagnosis or play doctor.) The more episodes I watched, the more uneasy I began to feel. I started googling multiple autism related articles— and while some descriptions did describe Abbie, her autism appeared to be more severe than any information listed. As I continued to watch, I couldn’t help but think she’s showing more signs of IDD (mental retardation).
In the early vlogs Abbie does seem like a “typical child with autism.” However, as she became older, it appears that she has not really advanced in anyway, and almost in a worse than condition. The family blames it on puberty- which is fair. Puberty regardless of how you function in the world sucks. But it’s also a cop out. No one is going to argue puberty (especially female puberty).
It occurred to me why I felt so uneasy; I was not watching a girl with autism, as this family so “proudly” tries to influence. I was watching an exploited teenager with the mindset of an infant, who has profound IDD.
This family is 100% neglecting the fact that their daughter is not so much autistic as she is profoundly IDD. They are lying and covering up for the sake of themselves. In the earliest episodes, you’d see Pricilla just sitting on the couch, or laying in bed. Hardly showing Abbie any recognition or affection. As soon as they started profiting off Abbie, that affection changed. It is so cringeworthy watching Pricilla’s fake affection towards her daughter.
Summer moving in with them is awkward, and forced. Asa gives off the initial vibe as an amazing caretaker, until you keep watching. The more you watch, the more you realize how awful it really is. I understand the parents need breaks, as any parent does. However, this particular family receives more help than imaginable. There is no reason that they cannot focus on their business or whatever they do while Abbie is at school, and out with one of her other numerous caregivers or “friends.” A lot of the vlog footage is Pricilla marketing her channel, and Asa scooting around. It is focusing less on Abbie’s autism and more on how Abbie’s needs revolve around them. The restriction of food is disgusting and cruel. Even if she does eat to the point she gets sick, she should not be so restricted. Mentally she might be like an infant, physically she is a rapidly growing teenager. If she is on birth control, plus going through puberty and certain meds that girl is probably actually very hungry. I’m sorry, autistic or IDD salmon and cauliflower is not dinner. That’s a diet for a 60 year old man with high cholesterol. All this sugar free crap too is just ridiculous. Give the girl a full meal. Also, for the love of god, they need to quit dressing Abbie in tight leggings with those bulging diapers. I’m not shaming pull ups, but incorporate a baggier fitting bottom— or better yet, don’t exploit your child. I’m sorry if this is a long ass rant. I would look at the comments on the videos, and I was shocked there wasn’t much of any critical comments. So I googled fathering autism criticism and I found this page. Everything you all have mentioned is 100% accurate, and needs to be brought to light.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I bet Pigcill and Assa are so mad that we are talking some real truths about them here and there is not a thing they can do about it!

• Haha
I am trying to figure out what college Summer is attending. There was a post showing her at Hunter College in NY. Then it looks like is enrolled at the University of Nort Florida in Jacksonville and is still there. Has she gone back to Hunter College?
It is frustrating to hear the family saying Abbie's behavior is due to her being a teenager. This is not true.

Summer is not qualified for the position of caretaker. They just put that in her head so she stays around. She is too young and immature. Yesterday she was waving that cooking in front of Abbie asking her if she wants it as if she is a dog. “What is this, you want this Abbie, huh, here ya go” and then she tries to feed it to her like she’s a dog giving her a treat. I’m glad Abbie looked at her like um I don’t want it, then she proceeded to grab it and ate it on her own. They put these young girls in the position of caretaker, but in reality they’re just babysitters because they’re not qualified to watch a child like this when they have not been taught by her parents the proper way to teach her.

Also that activity they did with Abby yesterday, it was so clear that she didn’t do that activity but they really made it seem like she did. You can see there was a video cut in the middle of her doing that activity because at one point she was just putting all the pictures back in the bag, I don’t think she had any idea what the activity was for.

And then you have people in the comments that say “She did so good with her scheduler, she knew she wanted a bath and she picked it”.

Reactions: 4
I have such a hard time watching the way Asa gets so defensive if someone in the public looks at Abby if she is doing her yelling stem, and tells his son to go tell those kids she has autism, yet he rode in the car and made fun of her yelling stem by mimicking it. It natural if someone in public hears someone yelling they are going to turn around and look.

Reactions: 8
Hey do any of y’all remember when Asa put the “Father’s Day gift guide” up right before Mother’s Day? He did take it down and put it back up right before Father’s Day. Jerk move But that was one of the things that started my quest onto being suspicious of them.
They also celebrated Abbie’s birthday the day before her actual day so Cilla could have the day to her self since it fell on Mother’s Day. That isn’t too bad, but they went into the whole thing like “she won’t know the difference.”

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that before all the money and “fame,” Abbie was functioning at a higher level. Once they realized the opportunities, Abbie has shown signs of worsening regression. All of her developmental growth seems to be discreetly, but intentionally delayed by the parents. While Abbie is nonverbal, she has very few signs to indicate any communication. Her iPad device is clearly set up to benefit the parents, and not necessarily her needs. Abbie is able to sign a few things (Go, break, food, candy, drink..) but it is limited to a very short list. It’s strange that they have not incorporated further sign language development for Abbie. I mean, Helen Keller was deaf and blind but still learned Braille. Any type of structured hands on activity Abbie receives is mostly dictated by her father. They disguise Abbie as being included and validated, by showing her Involved with the family. In reality, she is controlled and restricted by her caregivers. They do not present Abbie with options, or choices. Recently, they made it appear as if they gave her the choice of riding the trolley. After indicating that she did not want too, she was riding the trolley. If they do give Abbie a task, or an Abbie inspired activity, they immediately lose their patience and hold her hand or control her body to mimic the movements.

• Heart
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that before all the money and “fame,” Abbie was functioning at a higher level. Once they realized the opportunities, Abbie has shown signs of worsening regression. All of her developmental growth seems to be discreetly, but intentionally delayed by the parents. While Abbie is nonverbal, she has very few signs to indicate any communication. Her iPad device is clearly set up to benefit the parents, and not necessarily her needs. Abbie is able to sign a few things (Go, break, food, candy, drink..) but it is limited to a very short list. It’s strange that they have not incorporated further sign language development for Abbie. I mean, Helen Keller was deaf and blind but still learned Braille. Any type of structured hands on activity Abbie receives is mostly dictated by her father. They disguise Abbie as being included and validated, by showing her Involved with the family. In reality, she is controlled and restricted by her caregivers. They do not present Abbie with options, or choices. Recently, they made it appear as if they gave her the choice of riding the trolley. After indicating that she did not want too, she was riding the trolley. If they do give Abbie a task, or an Abbie inspired activity, they immediately lose their patience and hold her hand or control her body to mimic the movements.
I think Abbie was functioning at a higher level but it was way before money and fame... I saw her on her very first surfers for autism video .. when she was probably 5 or so and she was higher functioning as far as interacting with others.. and able to focus better (or so it seemed).

Abbie has been pretty low functioning even before the money and fame. To me.. they come off as wanting to show her as more able then she really is. I think she is just poking buttons on her communication devices without any understanding.. more choices would just be more buttons to poke.

Hellen Keller was at least average intelligence.. and probably more on the highly intelligent scale.. so that is hardly comparable with Abbie who unfortunately has a severe intellectual development disorder.

I think the parents want her to appear to be more autistic... then IDD... because that is the knowledge they are trying to sell others.. and all their merchandising is wrapped up in autism.. not IDD (or mental retardation).

Reactions: 2
They use jump cuts all the time to fool the viewer when abbie is trying a new skill. They stop and start it over and over again until she randomly does the task by dumb luck after randomly picking the wrong thing 10000000 times.

Asa has admitted it saying every parent only wants to show the success not the failures. He said he also does it for Isaiah and doesn't show him fumbling the football only when he does well.

Abbie is profoundly disabled intellectually. Even Summer said she was shocked that Abbie cannot toilet herself because she forgets the next step and needs to be constantly prompted or helped, wiped. Flush. Everything.

They pretend but it doesn't fool anyone. They're just trying to milk the autism label when they should just stick with intellectual disability.

Maternal obesity is a risk factor for autism in children. I wonder if Priscilla had just exercised and not grossly over fed herself what would have been the result.

• Heart
I don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but Pricilla definitely reads these types of forums and even replied to one (YTMD), She never came back though, so it wouldn't surprise me if the new member was infact P.

I've noticed P is always on her phone. Yet another vacation they are going on too.
I think they spend more than what they make.
I have also noticed Abbie is much more distant lately. She used to give some sort of eye contact but now she is looking everywhere else and vocal. Its like she has so much to say. I hate it when they refer to the bathroom as "potty". Its annoying.
Anyone notice on the vlog the other day, Asa bragging about the steaks to Summer's dad when she was on the phone?" Uggh.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.