Fathering Autism #91 Big P's cankles bring all the humpers to the yard!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know! I couldn’t quite believe what they were saying (plus I was distracted by P rubbing herself) I know it must be difficult to get her to cooperate with first aid, but leaving spliters in place there could cause also sorts of problems and infections! I hope she’s up to date with tetanus injections!
As someone who’s had 2 sprains and a break on the same ankle in the last 10 years, it’s bloody painful to walk on for weeks. The latest was the break in September 2020 and only in the last couple of months has it felt reasonably normal. If it is a sprain then the advise now is to keep it moving as much as possible between ice and elevation.

in my book, failing to provide medical care (or at least do everything possible to provide) is neglect. They seem to shrug it off and say there’s no point trying.
I sprained my ankle two summers ago, and I made the mistake of going out and walking around on it (with a slight limp) instead of sitting down and icing it right away. That night, it hurt so bad I couldn't even touch my foot to the floor, or sleep with a blanket on because the weight of it was too much for my foot/ankle to support. I ended up needing a brace, plus crutches if I was going anywhere farther than the other end of my house, for about a week...and let me tell you I also got serious about icing it and elevating it whenever I could! If Abbie's ankle is sprained (rather than just twisted) the lack of first aid can have real consequences.

And yes, it's shocking to me that they will say "We don't give our child first aid because she fights too much" and don't see that as a problem? It's like their approach to nutrition...eating junk makes Abbie "happy," so they let her eat junk, balanced diet be damned. They justify it as, they're doing what Abbie wants, therefore they're doing what's best for her. But they didn't take that approach with Isaiah. Hmm, wonder why?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I sprained my ankle two summers ago, and I made the mistake of going out and walking around on it (with a slight limp) instead of sitting down and icing it right away. That night, it hurt so bad I couldn't even touch my foot to the floor, or sleep with a blanket on because the weight of it was too much for my foot/ankle to support. I ended up needing a brace, plus crutches if I was going anywhere farther than the other end of my house, for about a week...and let me tell you I also got serious about icing it and elevating it whenever I could! If Abbie's ankle is sprained (rather than just twisted) the lack of first aid can have real consequences.

And yes, it's shocking to me that they will say "We don't give our child first aid because she fights too much" and don't see that as a problem? It's like their approach to nutrition...eating junk makes Abbie "happy," so they let her eat junk, balanced diet be damned. They justify it as, they're doing what Abbie wants, therefore they're doing what's best for her. But they didn't take that approach with Isaiah. Hmm, wonder why?
Guess what - my NT children hated to have splinters removed, stitches, xrays. But I didn't ignore the injury because it was easier for me. Ugh. They don't deserve her.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So, a non-verbal special-needs girl rolls her ankle and continues limping on it. At what point does anyone even remotely consider getting an x-ray
I wonder if they could even get her to sit still long enough for an x-ray!...it probably should be a consideration though.

Reactions: 7
I'm catching up on last night's debacle and I just...can't get over the ankle thing. I cannot believe how they basically laughed off a swollen, bruised ankle that's causing her to limp!!

There wasn't a word said about the things reasonable parents would do in this situation. They didn't call the pediatrician's after-hours nurse line/on-call for guidance on whether she should be seen immediately? They didn't make plans to get her an appointment ASAP? I mean, an ankle that looks that bad would mean an urgent care or ER trip in my house, or in the house of literally every parent I know, but at least a plan for the next 24-48 hours to get some medical eyes on a potential broken bone? Something? Anything?

And yeah, ERs suck for autistic kids.
Believe me, I know full well. We're in them enough.
Thing is, though, that you can mitigate some of the stress and for what you can't mitigate - your child is injured! If she has a broken bone, ligament damage, or even just a really bad sprain that can lead to pain and mobility problems down the line! And regardless, she's in pain now! Yeah, the ER trip will suck but you bleeping do it because that's your child and she can't handle the problem on her own.
Call the pediatrician's after-hours number and have them call ahead to the ER. The ER can be better prepared with distractions from Child Life, a sedation plan, staff who have experience with autistic patients - there are a number of things that can be done in a medical environment. It's amazing what can be done without the need for restraint or sedation!

But apparently Asshat didn't want anything to get in the way of his Father's Day drinking & feasting.

I'm disgusted and angry. I can't fathom choosing to ignore such an obvious injury in either of my children, let alone filming a broken looking ankle and half-laughing about the whole thing for the internet.
Autism awareness would have been a discussion about how to manage injuries in autistic children, how to navigate health care in an urgent situation, how to advocate for a child who cannot communicate. That would have been content in line with what they claim to stand for, and it would have been somewhat helpful content.

But, y'know.
Whiskey and spherical ice.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
They said when she gets something like a splinter they can't do anything about it because "Abbie won't let them" so they just don't treat it. I am gobsmacked.
They let her run their lives entirely too much ,it’s sickening! Omg stop catering to her and let her tantrum all she’s wants to,they’re the parents SHE is the CHILD! They let things go like that slide and it could be an even worse situation! They let a splinter just sit there and she’s gonna possibly get an infection!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ran across this again and can't stop giggling. View attachment 632645 Gif makers - this would be gold! At 2:03

And Piggy going down waterslide holding GoPro - I want to play this on repeat
Thank you for this recommendation, this must have been back when A&P were likable. I actually enjoyed this vlog. It also appears that Assa can actually cook. I'm shocked. Priscilla was hysterical and yet she seems very special needs to me. We can only hope that their next vacation will have tubing and some hiking. Both of these things will probably be worse watching, as opposed to the dumpster fire stuff they call a vlog.

Reactions: 11
This made me sick. This video is from Abbie's 13th bday which coincided with Surfer's for Autism. Asa, as usual gets all low-voice-serious-talky about things. But he does admit Abbie's extreme developmental delay. He gets teary and Pig just sits there quietly. When he gets done, she says straight faced, serious as a heart attack and says "I'm not crying". How f'ing cold blooded. Nothing he said struck a chord with her because all she cares about is herself
1624560938031.png

• Sad
Reactions: 12

They do what makes THEM happy,they don’t wanna deal with ya tantrums so they cater to her,they’re both horrible parents and horrible people!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
They let her run their lives entirely too much ,it’s sickening! Omg stop catering to her and let her tantrum all she’s wants to,they’re the parents SHE is the CHILD! They let things go like that slide and it could be an even worse situation! They let a splinter just sit there and she’s gonna possibly get an infection!
Thing is... it isn't them catering to HER not helping her with injuries. It is them catering to themselves. They just don't want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Surely someone will report them and direct CFS to the video where they readily admit to child neglect.
I sure hope someone reports them.
This time there's a legitimate accusation along with evidence from their own mouths.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I'm catching up on last night's debacle and I just...can't get over the ankle thing. I cannot believe how they basically laughed off a swollen, bruised ankle that's causing her to limp!!

There wasn't a word said about the things reasonable parents would do in this situation. They didn't call the pediatrician's after-hours nurse line/on-call for guidance on whether she should be seen immediately? They didn't make plans to get her an appointment ASAP? I mean, an ankle that looks that bad would mean an urgent care or ER trip in my house, or in the house of literally every parent I know, but at least a plan for the next 24-48 hours to get some medical eyes on a potential broken bone? Something? Anything?

Thing is, though, that you can mitigate some of the stress and for what you can't mitigate - your child is injured! If she has a broken bone, ligament damage, or even just a really bad sprain that can lead to pain and mobility problems down the line! And regardless, she's in pain now! Yeah, the ER trip will suck but you bleeping do it because that's your child and she can't handle the problem on her own.
Call the pediatrician's after-hours number and have them call ahead to the ER. The ER can be better prepared with distractions from Child Life, a sedation plan, staff who have experience with autistic patients - there are a number of things that can be done in a medical environment. It's amazing what can be done without the need for restraint or sedation!

But apparently Asshat didn't want anything to get in the way of his Father's Day drinking & feasting.

I'm disgusted and angry. I can't fathom choosing to ignore such an obvious injury in either of my children, let alone filming a broken looking ankle and half-laughing about the whole thing for the internet.
Autism awareness would have been a discussion about how to manage injuries in autistic children, how to navigate health care in an urgent situation, how to advocate for a child who cannot communicate. That would have been content in line with what they claim to stand for, and it would have been somewhat helpful content.

But, y'know.
I wouldn't take my child to the doctor for a sprain. But I would treat it. If it didn't improve then yup. Time for an x-ray. If that makes me a tit parent oh well. I know how to treat bumps, bruises, and sprains on my own. And have all the braces, wraps, and bandages I need for it. My child can also communicate with me about pain and symptoms. If Abbie lived in my home she would have already seen someone. There is no way to know how bad her injury is. Even if she expresses pain or discomfort they ignore it anyway.

But I would never neglect my childs needs... sit on my ass and watch them in pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I wonder if they could even get her to sit still long enough for an x-ray!...it probably should be a consideration though.
I'm not gonna sit here and pretend everyone in the medical field is great at their jobs...but we are all trained and we all should be able to deal with patients who are too young to understand the need to be still, or have an altered mental status that makes it impossible for them to follow directions, or are simply too aggressive due to delerium or psychosis or what have you. Babies get x-rayed all the time. People with dementia get x-rayed all the time. Every radiology tech, PCA/CNA, and nurse has been trained in methods to help someone like Abbie safely and effectively get an x-ray. A&P are absolute garbage people.

I wouldn't take my child to the doctor for a sprain. But I would treat it. If it didn't improve then yup. Time for an x-ray. If that makes me a tit parent oh well.
To be fair, a sprain and a fracture can look identical from the outside...when I had the extremely painful sprain I wrote about earlier, the urgent care staff was so sure I had a fracture based on the swelling, bruising, lack of mobility, and level of pain that they actually doubted their own x-rays. The doctor there told me to follow up if the mobility didn't improve in a few days, because she thought perhaps I had a fracture that was too thin or not displaced enough to see on the x-ray. But in my case, it was all because I didn't take care of it properly...when I should have known better, because I was two semesters into nursing school and totally knew the proper first aid! 😬

Also a sprain isn't necessarily less severe than a fracture. You can have a non-displaced hairline fracture that heals quickly and requires little to no treatment, while a a Grade 3 sprain is a full tear of the ligament and can cause permanent disability in the joint...and may require prolonged bracing, casting, or even surgery for effective healing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thing is... it isn't them catering to HER not helping her with injuries. It is them catering to themselves. They just don't want to.
They say they don’t tend to her injuries cuz she fights too much, who cares if she fights too much,them as parents need to actually BE parents and help their child when she sees injured! Not doing so proves they don’t think enough of her to tend to her injures,if she fights people have someone restrain her while the other tends to the injury,simple solution,they need to stop being so lazy! They don’t wanna tend to their kid they shouldn’t have had kids!,kids tend to get injuries and those injuries need to be tended too!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

But, y'know.
1000% agree. It's shameful. In my town, orthopedic practices have after hour walk ins that are MUCH less stressful than the ER and a call ahead - I'm sure - would give them special treatment. But yeah, you're right, drink it up Ass and Pig. If she can't tell us that she's hurting - POOF - she's not hurting. "High tolerance for pain".....

Reactions: 14
That's hilarious.:ROFLMAO: I can relate having three boys who could have been hooked up to an intravenous line with milk.🥛🥛🥛
A cousin with three tweens and teens complained she went through 10 gallons of milk last week. Her boys are in multiple summer sports and her food costs have soared this summer.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I wouldn't take my child to the doctor for a sprain. But I would treat it. If it didn't improve then yup. Time for an x-ray. If that makes me a tit parent oh well. I know how to treat bumps, bruises, and sprains on my own. And have all the braces, wraps, and bandages I need for it. My child can also communicate with me about pain and symptoms. If Abbie lived in my home she would have already seen someone. There is no way to know how bad her injury is. Even if she expresses pain or discomfort they ignore it anyway.

But I would never neglect my childs needs... sit on my ass and watch them in pain.
And their "she has a high tolerance for pain" excuse - that would be even more reason to have it looked at. It could be much worse because she has a high pain tolerance.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This made me sick. This video is from Abbie's 13th bday which coincided with Surfer's for Autism. Asa, as usual gets all low-voice-serious-talky about things. But he does admit Abbie's extreme developmental delay. He gets teary and Pig just sits there quietly. When he gets done, she says straight faced, serious as a heart attack and says "I'm not crying". How f'ing cold blooded. Nothing he said struck a chord with her because all she cares about is herself View attachment 633043
Did you notice this part...just like a "real" teenager? Almost as if back then they did not view her as a real teenager, unlike now where she is the
all-American average, typical teen. 🤦‍♀️

teenager.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
That's why it won't surprise me if they get CPS sent to their home again. They openly admit on camera that Abbie is too difficult to handle (they even said it's now impossible), and they don't give her proper medical help when needed. It boggles my mind that they act like it is no big deal, and she has such a high tolerance for pain. Maybe she does have a high tolerance for pain, but maybe she has no idea how to express she is in pain and sits silently in hell. Where are the waterworks Piggy? You cry at everything, but your child is in pain and you sit and twiddle with your MEOW! duck, this breaks me.
That is what I was going to say. Not taking your child to the Doctor when they need to go is neglect. She should go more often than any of them because she cannot tell then what hurts or that she was sick. DCS would not care about their awards this time (not that they ever have).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It was probably quite an anxiety shopping event for Isaiah. I feel so bad for him.
Awwww poor freaking baby...the things he must endure for new vehicles, rent free housing and no college loans.....
He likes all the "things" and is following in his parents footsteps of grifting and lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.