Fathering Autism #83 A tiki bar and “all the things” A maassive hammock held up by string

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont see why they keep pushing the normal child thing. She cant speak nor can she follow tasts without major help or instruction. Even then its hard. Why make it worse for her to be confused in the workforce? They need to just see that disability will be the best for her.
Another thing that gets me about "just a normal teen" narrative is the whole acceptance thing. Isn't he all about accepting her as she is, which he should. Example, IMO, is the hair. They keep it long so she doesn't look "special needs". I think he is being offensive saying that. If anything, Abbies hair looks MORE "special needs" keeping it long. They don't style it correctly, it's pulled incredibly tight by tiny hairbands that pull at the hair. It's always a mess. It looks like she sleeps in those multiple weird hair sections and braids which I'm sure the hairbands need to be cut out. If they want her hair to look NT, they should cut it in a cut short style that is current and easy to manage, style, and not able to be eaten/sucked on. Also...can someone fill me in on P and the bowl cuts?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I had to carefully put my still warm cup of decaf coffee down before finishing reading this. Because I don’t want it spewing all over my cell phone. I’d totally love reading your report on the Massfits if you decide to get your old PI job back. Lots more entertaining than their stupid boring vlogs. Asswipe droning on and on because he loves the sound of his voice is like fingernails scratching on a chalkboard. What do you think the kids at his grade school and high school called him?
We can only imagine...but I have a multitude of things to call him and her and Hogsaiah, just can't post them here 😉 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Another thing that gets me about "just a normal teen" narrative is the whole acceptance thing. Isn't he all about accepting her as she is, which he should. Example, IMO, is the hair. They keep it long so she doesn't look "special needs". I think he is being offensive saying that. If anything, Abbies hair looks MORE "special needs" keeping it long. They don't style it correctly, it's pulled incredibly tight by tiny hairbands that pull at the hair. It's always a mess. It looks like she sleeps in those multiple weird hair sections and braids which I'm sure the hairbands need to be cut out. If they want her hair to look NT, they should cut it in a cut short style that is current and easy to manage, style, and not able to be eaten/sucked on. Also...can someone fill me in on P and the bowl cuts?
Did they actually say that about her hair? That they want it long so she doesn't look special needs? Honest question, because I rarely watch the vlogs anymore. I'm sure that IS mostly why they want her hair long, but man if they really said that they need to be chased out of the "acceptance" community with pitchforks. Not wanting her to look special needs means they have a problem with something that partially defines who their daughter is as a person.
I think the main concern would be that she might chew on and ingest the longer hair. Someone posted an article about a girl who had to have an operation to remove a hairball from her stomach, and Abbie wouldn't be able to tell anyone if something like that was wrong.
I know most people think it is mainly Priscilla who insists on the long hair and that might be true, but Asa is borderline creepy sometimes talking about how pretty her hair is. I think it is important to both of them that Abbie is cute because to the audience and people they see casually on an every day basis, that is the first thing they are going to notice. I mean, for people who are not emotionally invested in her...she can't do tricks or make sassy comments or hold intelligent conversations, but she can be cute to look at for a couple more years. It's not right but I think that's part of it. Though it's not like she can't be cute with a shorter hairstyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She really could not stand having a single room in that house that didn't match her Pinterest Southern Living MLM Bawse Babe Dumpster Behind A Home Goods aesthetic. It was probably the one time she actually liked Abbie better than Isaiah...because Abbie couldn't voice any preferences and therefore Priscilla got the teen girl room makeover of her dreams.
Left out Barbie Dream House

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Did they actually say that about her hair? That they want it long so she doesn't look special needs? Honest question, because I rarely watch the vlogs anymore. I'm sure that IS mostly why they want her hair long, but man if they really said that they need to be chased out of the "acceptance" community with pitchforks. Not wanting her to look special needs means they have a problem with something that partially defines who their daughter is as a person.
I think the main concern would be that she might chew on and ingest the longer hair. Someone posted an article about a girl who had to have an operation to remove a hairball from her stomach, and Abbie wouldn't be able to tell anyone if something like that was wrong.
I know most people think it is mainly Priscilla who insists on the long hair and that might be true, but Asa is borderline creepy sometimes talking about how pretty her hair is. I think it is important to both of them that Abbie is cute because to the audience and people they see casually on an every day basis, that is the first thing they are going to notice. I mean, for people who are not emotionally invested in her...she can't do tricks or make sassy comments or hold intelligent conversations, but she can be cute to look at for a couple more years. It's not right but I think that's part of it. Though it's not like she can't be cute with a shorter hairstyle.
They did say that, and although we (me included) tit all over them about it because it was stupid wording, I actually got the impression that what they meant was they didn't want to cut her hair super short because people seem to just automatically do that with girls who have special needs...rather than allowing them to have the hairstyles a "normal teen" would have. I.e., it wasn't that they didn't want her to look like she had special needs, it was that they didn't want to force her into a certain box just because she has special needs.

I don't think the short pixie cut is actually a good idea for Abbie's hair texture (it was constantly in her face, her hair texture is hard to keep in one place) but I do wish they'd cut it a bit and QUIT IT with the millions of elastic bands pulling it back super tight. I love having long hair, but it's so heavy when it's pulled back...I'm getting a few inches trimmed off soon because my head just needs a break from it. I can't imagine the headache she has at the end of the day. (Oh that's right, they don't have to care, because "Abbie doesn't feel pain like the rest of us.")

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Don't remember which vlog showed Asa removing the fake lily pads from Squirts pond calling them "stupid"....he nailed that right. And, they do need some type of netting over the pond to keep Squirt in and predators out. I hope they remember to feed him!
He did say he was going to put netting over it I think

Reactions: 11
Here's Cilla in 2018 and comments about Abbie having short hair start around 14:30 in the vlog. Asshat says it's mostly her that wants long hair on her daughter.

1618933591314.png

Reactions: 12
They did say that, and although we (me included) tit all over them about it because it was stupid wording, I actually got the impression that what they meant was they didn't want to cut her hair super short because people seem to just automatically do that with girls who have special needs...rather than allowing them to have the hairstyles a "normal teen" would have. I.e., it wasn't that they didn't want her to look like she had special needs, it was that they didn't want to force her into a certain box just because she has special needs.

I don't think the short pixie cut is actually a good idea for Abbie's hair texture (it was constantly in her face, her hair texture is hard to keep in one place) but I do wish they'd cut it a bit and QUIT IT with the millions of elastic bands pulling it back super tight. I love having long hair, but it's so heavy when it's pulled back...I'm getting a few inches trimmed off soon because my head just needs a break from it. I can't imagine the headache she has at the end of the day. (Oh that's right, they don't have to care, because "Abbie doesn't feel pain like the rest of us.")
It would be so much easier in all ways. A cute short wedge (kind of like Emily's) or pixie. Would make swimming tons easier, would make the washing and drying process so much quicker. She could rock all she wants and it would stay the same. I just don't understand why they don't want to do something that would make all their lives easier - plus they have pulled her hair so taught her hairline is just sad now.

Here's Cilla in 2018 and comments about Abbie having short hair start around 14:30 in the vlog. Asshat says it's mostly her that wants long hair on her daughter.

View attachment 538239

Her haircut in this vlog is so cute. She can't chew it. Totally wash and go. I know that short hair would mean more haircuts but in the long run would be so much easier. So Prissy wants her daughter to have long hair...BUT....she never fixes her hair. Sounds about right.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

View attachment 538239

This is what gets me riled. If they don't want their feelings hurt, stay off of social media!
People are expressing how they feel about the haircut (like and dislike), do they have to praise them to the hilts?
Also - her hair was cute in this video; however I would like to see bangs that don't get in her eyes.

• Heart
Ass seems to love doing Abbie's hair and has a weird obsession with it. I don't know why he puts the stupid rubber bands in it- makes her look like a toddler from the 90's.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

View attachment 538239

This would be fine if Abbie actually cared about the length of her hair. As far as we know, she doesn't. So why not give her the style that is the most convenient and comfortable for her? As usual, it's about what A and P want and they try to make it about disability discrimination if you disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This would be fine if Abbie actually cared about the length of her hair. As far as we know, she doesn't. So why not give her the style that is the most convenient and comfortable for her? As usual, it's about what A and P want and they try to make it about disability discrimination if you disagree.
And its also about them not wanting anyone to tell them what to do. There was an overehelming response saying they should cut it short. Not just in here but on their page too.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She really doesn't give a single tit how she looks...
Still trying to dress like a younger woman. I swear some of the things she says and does eminates her trying to capture back youthful years (teenage and early 20s) that she didn't experience for whatever reason. All it's accomplishing, in my eyes, is making her look or seem more ridiculous! JMO

I’ve been thinking about the maassives kitchen after the really fake extractor moment.

It’s a really badly laid out kitchen.

isnt’t is good kitchen design to have a sort of triangle between the cooker, oven worktop and fridge- i.e your most used area are within easy reach.

currently, p is using the hob, she remembers she’s forgotten the ranch seasoning so she’s got to wobble round the island to the cupboard. Then waddle all the way back. She stirs her ranch seasoning into ‘all the things’ and remembers that also includes cheese, so she has to wobble back round the island to the fridge. Once she has finished her melting pot of ‘all the things’ she needs to get them in the oven. Now she has to manoeuvre herself and a big dish of ‘all the things’ towards the oven. There is nowhere to put down the the dish while you open the door, risking dropping ‘all the things’ on the floor. Once she has managed to open the door, the door is at such a hight that even her tiny chesticles get in the way and she has to smoosh them against the door. This is amongst the cries of ‘are you so excited?!’

no wonder she is exhausted, gives up, and goes to zaxby’s- She’s walked 10 miles making a salad.
Once the renovation was done I thought it was poorly laid out....at least just basing it on my own perception of a "workable" kitchen.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Definitely, but that doesn't make her a "simpleton". She was manipulated from an early age by them. Clever people can be manipulated, I read an article only today about a highly intelligent university professor who was scammed. It happens. Summer does come across immature for her age. My daughter is. She's the same age as Summer but acts as though she's a teen sometimes. She lost some of her teen years due to trauma and regressed. Again, it happens, we're all different and mature at different ages and that's ok. I can look at my daughter and think "I had my own business, a house and a child at your age" but that's me and my life, not hers. She can be naive and gullable but it doesn't make her any less intelligent, she's actually extremely bright and got a scholarship for her uni. I think Summer could be very similar. Unfortunately intelligence isn't the same as common sense but I'm hoping that comes with my daughter 🤦🏻‍♀️
She sounds simple to me when she is doing that cackling hyena laugh all the time, not a good look.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Summer IS a simpleton. The way she talks, the way she behaves, everything. I honestly don't know how she graduated college.

• Haha
  • Heart
God love him, he's not the sharpest tool in the box....Here's Isaiah's vlog.
Spoiler Alert - he left his shoe at the ER :rolleyes:

UGHHHH he blathers on and on and on at the end, preaching like his dumb ass Dad
Looks like his room is a mess! If he's still in the dorm I'm surprised the RA hasn't seen it and told him to tidy thibgs up! I'm assuming the roomie found other accommodations?!

Reactions: 11
It would be so much easier in all ways. A cute short wedge (kind of like Emily's) or pixie. Would make swimming tons easier, would make the washing and drying process so much quicker. She could rock all she wants and it would stay the same. I just don't understand why they don't want to do something that would make all their lives easier - plus they have pulled her hair so taught her hairline is just sad now.

Her haircut in this vlog is so cute. She can't chew it. Totally wash and go. I know that short hair would mean more haircuts but in the long run would be so much easier. So Prissy wants her daughter to have long hair...BUT....she never fixes her hair. Sounds about right.
This popped up on tattle not too long ago. That picture makes her look the exact opposite of how they want her to appear.

She doesn’t look like a 15-year-old who represents autism.

She looks like a toddler which is what we all know Abbie is cognitively/mentally, however, they insist on pushing the "typical teen" flowing long hair narrative. 🤦‍♀️

Most younger kids chew on their hair at some point. NT kids are taught not to do it and it's usually something they grow out of early on.

With Abbie, as long as she has access to her hair, she will chew it, regardless of her chronological age. Imagine her in her 20s, 30s, or 80s chewing on her hair.

To say they don't want a short haircut because it makes her look special needs is awful, to begin with,:mad: but the state of her long hair brings more attention to her, further destroying their desire to have her not look special needs. 🤷‍♀️

I wonder if they think their nieces look special needs, they both have cute short hair cuts. :unsure::unsure:

They are boneheads.

573C8A34-4754-4896-8C37-2A0F2AF69F68.jpeg

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.