Fathering Autism #83 A tiki bar and “all the things” A maassive hammock held up by string

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It bothers me that asshat said they had never met his sisters wife before... I have no idea how long they have been together but the kids aren’t babies, so at least a few years. Why did you not meet your sisters wife before now??!!

It bothers me that asshat said they had never met his sisters wife before... I have no idea how long they have been together but the kids aren’t babies, so at least a few years. Why did you not meet your sisters wife before now??!!
Oh and I was also a member of the bowl cut club and was called a boy and it traumatized me. My aunt would cut my hair and in 5th grade I asked for it short and she gave me the bowl cut I had as a small child again. I cried

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m still reeling from hearing Asa’s dad was married 5 times! How in the world did I miss him saying that, I watch all the vlogs from start to finish

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I’m still reeling from hearing Asa’s dad was married 5 times! How in the world did I miss him saying that, I watch all the vlogs from start to finish
I missed that too, I guess.
Ol' Granddaddy is quite the Playa, huh?
It's sure not obvious by just looking at him. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Okay, 1- my mom actually wanted a boy but out popped me. She even had a boys name picked out which she reminds me of all the time. I had "boy cuts" until I was thirteen. And yes I am still tramatized. 2- my oldest daughter was in a terrible abusive relationship. She had two girls with him, my beautiful granddaughters. She left him and now is in a loving relationship with a woman named Kay. They are getting married in a few months. I am proud of her and so happy she is finally happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Something I noticed about Emily and Crystal's instagram. They have not posted any photos of A&P or Abbie ..however.. they both have posted a photo with Asa's /Emily's Dad from this trip. I wonder if they are really in town to visit with the grandfather/step grandmother and not so much Asa and P? There are no photos with Abbie being the center of attention everywhere with her cousins interacting with her.

Maybe they are afraid to post photos of A&P as they dont want to be run over by the leg HUMPERS?

Also.. Asshat said he hadn't met Crystal in person..but looking at Emily's instagram they have been together for many years.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Something I noticed about Emily and Crystal's instagram. They have not posted any photos of A&P or Abbie ..however.. they both have posted a photo with Asa's /Emily's Dad from this trip. I wonder if they are really in town to visit with the grandfather/step grandmother and not so much Asa and P? There are no photos with Abbie being the center of attention everywhere with her cousins interacting with her.

Maybe they are afraid to post photos of A&P as they dont want to be run over by the leg HUMPERS?

Also.. Asshat said he hadn't met Crystal in person..but looking at Emily's instagram they have been together for many years.

He did say only through FaceTime, he snuck that in real quick, I remember hearing that

Reactions: 9
My mum went a different route, she dressed the girls the same and the boys the same (for special occasions) although we were all different ages. Like you might do with twins in the olden days lol.
Just wanted to say that Abbie rocking is a stim and it's part of who she is so we shouldn't try to stop her doing that in my opinion. However, the Massives could facilitate this far better with furniture for rocking and sensory equipment. I do not believe that she is too old for play or sensory equipment as she may keep her stims for a long time. They are not providing appropriate outlets for her. This might encouraged biennial to get more exercise depending on the activity, and might help with her posture too. Like proper swimming activities instead of just faffing about. She needs a sensory room in my opinion. Have you seen her cowboy walking gait? That's new isn't it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I think this too, I don't think the main purpose of this trip was to see A&P or they'd have been over to visit before now. Someone said that Asa's dad and step mum haven't been in Florida for too long at all. I guess it's can be quite normal to not be super close with siblings- especially if Asa's dad has been married 5 times so there's possibly quite a few half-siblings and step-siblings floating around. But you do wonder why he barely mentioned having brothers and sisters up until now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Maybe they have strong opinions about their family exploiting Abbie online and refuse to join in? Maybe they don't really know Abbie? It's normal to post your own kids if you want to I think. But not so with other relatives without permission.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can’t believe that all that rocking and her head going back and forth is doing her any good, surely it must be harmful.

Reactions: 22

Oh and I was also a member of the bowl cut club and was called a boy and it traumatized me. My aunt would cut my hair and in 5th grade I asked for it short and she gave me the bowl cut I had as a small child again. I cried
Lots of bowl cut club members here!
I wanted my hair from butt length to bob. The hairstylist though the bowl would look better.. 🙄
Next day, went to school and the boy next to me, had the same hair cut, biggest issue, it was also picture day and our last names went in alphabetical order too.. 😱
You barely can tell a difference...

So, I am understanding of that one and the no short hair cut on Abbie but it needs to be where she cannot eat it..

Reactions: 11
My mum went a different route, she dressed the girls the same and the boys the same (for special occasions) although we were all different ages. Like you might do with twins in the olden days lol.
Just wanted to say that Abbie rocking is a stim and it's part of who she is so we shouldn't try to stop her doing that in my opinion. However, the Massives could facilitate this far better with furniture for rocking and sensory equipment. I do not believe that she is too old for play or sensory equipment as she may keep her stims for a long time. They are not providing appropriate outlets for her. This might encouraged biennial to get more exercise depending on the activity, and might help with her posture too. Like proper swimming activities instead of just faffing about. She needs a sensory room in my opinion. Have you seen her cowboy walking gait? That's new isn't it?
I agree she shouldn't be stopped completely from her rocking stim, it serves her a purpose and she needs to do it. It's obviously harmful for an autistic person to suppress a stim. But with the rocking, I think she needs to be taught to do it in a different way to avoid injury. one day she could easily hit her head on the wall behind her or damage the furniture (which cold also hurt her) and it can't be good for her back either. I have no idea how you would change or replace a stim though! I agree if she had the equipment to be able to get that feeling that would massively help too. A quick google search comes up with all sorts of padded rocking seats and chairs from ordinary ones to special sensory ones. just a normal old fashioned wooden type rocking chair would give her that feeling (they would probably have to put some padding on it though) They always bang on about being problem solvers and having to find solutions to problems that Abbie has but I think those things are limited to whenever it has a negative impact on them and not Abbie and when it doesn't actually require much input from them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ond
I agree she shouldn't be stopped completely from her rocking stim, it serves her a purpose and she needs to do it. It's obviously harmful for an autistic person to suppress a stim. But with the rocking, I think she needs to be taught to do it in a different way to avoid injury. one day she could easily hit her head on the wall behind her or damage the furniture (which cold also hurt her) and it can't be good for her back either. I have no idea how you would change or replace a stim though! I agree if she had the equipment to be able to get that feeling that would massively help too. A quick google search comes up with all sorts of padded rocking seats and chairs from ordinary ones to special sensory ones. just a normal old fashioned wooden type rocking chair would give her that feeling (they would probably have to put some padding on it though) They always bang on about being problem solvers and having to find solutions to problems that Abbie has but I think those things are limited to whenever it has a negative impact on them and not Abbie and when it doesn't actually require much input from them.
One hundred 💯 agree! Abbie probably has a good sense of balance when she is rocking and standing. She may have some skills there. I think they don't have a sensory room because they would need to give her privacy and not film it as decent human beings would.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ond

One hundred 💯 agree! Abbie probably has a good sense of balance when she is rocking and standing. She may have some skills there. I think they don't have a sensory room because they would need to give her privacy and not film it as decent human beings would.
She didn’t have much skill in that aquarium when she was rocking from side to side, she frightened that poor woman to death,

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Generally speaking, stims always find their way. If one gets removed, another one will take its place. Especially for low functioning people like Abbie, who lack the amount of self control it takes to suppress it.
While stimming is a necessary tool for regulation, just saying "oh well, it is part of her. Just let her rock away" is dangerous. Some stims are harmful. I knew a kid who had banging his head as a stim (mostly due to the vibration). Something has to be done if a behaviour causes long time health concerns. Abbie used to have a stim where she gagged herself, and due to its harmful nature, the adults in her life stopped her from doing it. The rocking might require a compromise, i.e. not stopping her, but trying to reduce the intensity.
I don't know, if a rocking chair would help. Abbie's rocking is quick and she does her turtle head. It would certainly be worth a try (and a much better investment than the crap they are throwing their her money at now), I am just not sure about it being effective.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes please!!!!!!
Make mine a double!!
In the meantime, I'm going to be waiting on your latest creations.
It's important work that you do showing the Hambeasts in their true essences.
Assa & Tinkerhog should feel honored.
Me me!
I will take a diet coke on the rocks.
And a ride in the hammock if Piggy promises not to jump out and send me flying into the pool.
And a cookie in the corner with entertainment cause I'mma big slut. 😁

Well that coconut didn't fall far from the tree did it?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.