Fathering Autism #81 Jumpcuts Edits Hidden Truck, Pigs on Tour Run Amuck

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s out again on his FB .... doing what he does best being an Arse
Look at the Merch links ., unbelievable
That is absolutely disgusting.

Yes, basic manners are a social norm.
We live in a society.
Autistic people often have trouble "naturally" picking up on social norms, or they may not really understand the purpose of social norms, but part of raising any child is preparing them to the best of their abilities to function in our society.

Both of my children - they're both autistic - have been taught, and the lessons reinforced constantly, to display basic manners from infancy.
No, they don't naturally pick up on these things. Some of these things seem pointless to them.
But every time they don't say/sign please or thank you on their own I gently prompt them to do so and remind them that we use our manners because it makes Grandma happy to hear a thank you, or that it shows kindness, or whatever appropriate reason.
And I remind them that we show kindness because they like it when people show kindness to them.

We have social norms for a reason.
Imagine someone getting annoyed with Abbie's vocalizations and physically shoving her out the door, or screaming at her to stop, or any of a number of reactions people might have if it weren't for social norms. Asa gets pissed off enough when people stare; imagine if social norms didn't limit reactions to unexpected behaviors!

What a selfish duck. Oh it's for everyone else, it's just a social norm, it doesn't mean blah blah blah
No, Asa, it's for Abbie's benefit too. If you want the world to be a softer place for her to land, you need to put in the work on your end too.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Maybe someone else can give me a answer to a question? Is Selfie WRLD a good environment for people with special needs to work in?
From the videos I've seen of other locations, these places are loud, bright, jarring, very colorful, and basically the very last place I'd want to take my kids. They'd get overwhelmed and freak out immediately.

I can't imagine it going well, and that's not even taking the clientele into consideration.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Like what is with this decision for this business? Interesting but makes sense since they are in this line of “work”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not teaching Manners.....Who doesnt teach their kids manners? Please and Thank you, are things you say, and teach children, shoot we even say Thank you to SIRI, when we ask and she gives us the answer... (ok maybe not everyone does that, i may be the weird one here) They need to take a parenting class! They have no class. Bless Their Hearts...... AHHH this kills my Southern Heart!!!
Did they teach Babywipes to say please and Thank-you?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Man, his logic is screwed. And how funny. For years he told Abbie to say thank you, including the almost correct sign.
Sad, they closed their PO box. I want to send him a book about communication. Maybe he'll learn that communication isn't a one-way road. Jesus, how can one person know so little and talk so much?
That seems to be one of the only things that Asswipe is good at. He loves to talk as if he is so much more knowledgeable than he actually is. Asshat logic is quite different from most peoples' logic, that's for sure. lol

• Heart
He’s out again on his FB .... doing what he does best being an Arse
Look at the Merch links ., unbelievable
As usual he's talking out of his narcacistic arse. Every country and society has their own way of saying please and thank you. Everyone appreciates good manners.
Assa needs to lay off the cool aid

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Not teaching Manners.....Who doesnt teach their kids manners? Please and Thank you, are things you say, and teach children, shoot we even say Thank you to SIRI, when we ask and she gives us the answer... (ok maybe not everyone does that, i may be the weird one here) They need to take a parenting class! They have no class. Bless Their Hearts...... AHHH this kills my Southern Heart!!!
I thank Siri often and my husband calls me nutty. 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
He’s just making smart sounding excuses for their laziness. They won’t do anything that might upset Abby, because then they have to deal with her. So they just let her act however she wants, using the autism card as an excuse. It’s easier not to teach her new things because she gets frustrated and then gets mad. So they just let her go through life however she wants with no rules, no manners, and very little communication

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I think Assa’s comments about manners, particularly that they serve no benefit to the person performing them and that some countries do not have them is absolutely moronic. It would go in my top 10 most idiotic comments he has made. I think it is probably an extension of both of their personal belief systems though, that they owe society nothing, (eg Covid precautions, I imagine tax, quiet charity, child support etc).

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thread Suggestion
I went to "The Eiffel Tower" just to see if they have a Selfie WRLD there with the Maass Fam

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree completely about the pointed use of GDD as a means to avoid a sensitive topic. I recall the video where they first introduced the Abridge app and Asa asks Priscilla to list Abbie's diagnoses and she simply replies 'autism'. He asks 'what else?', Priscilla says 'pica' and Asa has to say 'what about developmental delay...' and Priscilla curtly nods her head as if it pains her to acknowledge. I don't expect their brainwashed stans to pick up on it since they lap up whatever nonsense or misinformation these people spew with relish, but as you said, it's common knowledge that GDD or DD is a diagnosis for primarily young children who still are perceived to have a chance at developing. It is clear that though she has made some improvements and may continue to do so, Abbie is past simply being delayed. She suffers from an intellectual disability, and a prominent one at that, and it's clearly something they want no part of. So much for special needs awareness and acceptance. I, too, was shocked Priss even got the words out of her mouth.
I think for P, Abbie's intellectual disability is just a further and more noticeable reminder of why she isn't and will never be the NT daughter that Cilla had (and still has) dreams of. So, she avoids any reference to it, the majority of the time. It's like she thinks if she doesn't acknowledge it, then it isn't real. Again, that's why it was all the more shocking that P actually said the words in last night's vlog.
P talks about how she's proud to be a special needs Mom. But there is SO much about Abbie and her needs, who she is, that P hasn't accepted.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thread Suggestion

A&P got a brand new biz, next scheme scamming kids
And can't forget about you!
Screenshot_20210404-161800~2.png

And everyone!!!!! You all are awesome!
Okay I will quit now. I'm annoying myself!
I am feeling rather emotional! Either I am going to get my period soon or its because it's a holiday!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This manners thing is ridiculous. I always thank someone if they hold the door open for me. If I get the bus I thank the driver when I leave. When you teach a toddler usually with the word ta to start with; they don’t get the concept initially- to them it’s just something you say when you give them something. Maybe that’s just what my country does though and hopefully he’ll never be allowed in England as he sure doesn’t have the manners to do so!! Like someone else said does that mean that I doesn’t have any manners if it’s not important and just an empty word?!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Interesting admission since when P fell down when skiing he insisted that ab sat next to her on the ground out of concern. I guess whatever way the wind blows that day dictates the narrative.
Also, many (not all) autistic people display sympathy and/or empathy. Perhaps Ab could have been capable of that as well had she not been taught the world revolves around her. This might be a nature vs. nurture thing. The fact that she has the worlds most self absorbed parents might have played a role here.
A lot depends on whatever narrative Asshat is wanting to push. He knew that it would make the leghumpers go "Awww!" if he said that Abbie sat next to P to make her feel better or to show concern. He contradicts himself on such a regular basis that we've come to expect it from him. There's been more than one occasion where he's contradicted himself within the same vlog. Either he doesn't totally realize it or he thinks most people won't catch on to it. Maybe both.

I strongly believe having self absorbed parents have shaped who Abbie is to a great degree. Being a narcissist, Asswipe is EXTREMELY self-centered and self-absorbed. He passes this attitude onto Abbie when dealing with her. Abbie's autism definitely plays a role in things. But A&P have just made things so much worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.