Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does make sense Asa. If you point it makes her look, and THINK about what she should be doing. Abbie also looks at people during tasks as well, for affirmation that she is doing what they want. Hes given numerous speeches on why he will not respond until the task is 100% completed. Like, she has to put something in the dishwasher. If she picks up the dish and then looks, he doesnt respond. Once she gets the dish in the washer he will. This is no different, and I too was confused about his sudden change of mindset.

And in vlog...there sits Summer with arm extended trying to keep Abbie out of her food while Cilla sits 2 feet away with her face in her phone, and Asa babbling. He finally takes notice and says "Oh are you guarding?" "Yes, she keeps stealing my croutons off my salad!" "Oh. Come on Abbie." Way to work on the food snatching big guy! And whats even more telling is that Abbie already ate, P is on the sofa and hes walking around filming and Summer has her plate full...so what....they ate and Summer dealt with Abbie? Summer may be a tad quirky but they use the hell out of her too!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I fly often. I also have a grandson who is autistic. He can’t handle flights( his mom knows this and therefore tried once,will not repeat it). Even w recognition of autism,I would be quite upset if any child were to be yelling,getting up from seat,etc.
I get parents want to treat their children to things such as amusement parks,vacations,etc. BUT! It should NOT come at the inconvenience of others. Expecting the world to adjust to people who are disruptive is not fair to them nor the actual person w that particular disorder!

Even child friendly places can be a major source of discomfort to autistic (some,not all) children,w the noise level,games going off,etc.

Sure,the world needs to understand that there are many out there who are not like them,have challenges,see things differently,etc. However,it doesn’t mean that giving up their pleasures on a flight,a ride,etc should be infringed upon either.

And yes,even though I raised 4 of my own,have many grands,I still get peeved when there is a screaming,out of control child on a flight!
Oh my, I have felt this way for so long but never felt I could voice it. I agree whole heartedly and emphatically with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This made me laugh! He asked for comments regarding the point of pointing not speaking regarding certain instructions. A then responds with a (I feel) sarcastic comment which actually contradicts his previous love of ABA!! View attachment 89909
Oh my GOD, Asa! Hey, you know what takes away "normal human interaction"? YOUR F**KING CAMERA IN HER FACE ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

The cognitive dissonance in this guy is just unreal.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I love Jen. She says it like it is,and she has made autism awareness so much more easy to follow than these 2. My heart did break for her re:trip to Disney,

I don’t think Asa cares for the fact that Jen can articulate what she sees as wrong,likes,dislikes,etc. In his world he likes to be the one who has the complete narrative on everything.

What a true gem Jen is to have put her feelings aside and make that great vid for them. I only wish more people would like her page,add to her followers and promote her more.
I love Jen, shes the most genuine. I just hate that she looks up to ASSa sooo much. Shes posted recently that she’s interviewing him at playlist. She trusts them so much and just wants to be part of their little Autism Vlogs crew. Lauren, Summer, and Becca really seem to respect her but I don’t feel ASSa and Pigcilla do.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I love Jen, shes the most genuine. I just hate that she looks up to ASSa sooo much. Shes posted recently that she’s interviewing him at playlist. She trusts them so much and just wants to be part of their little Autism Vlogs crew. Lauren, Summer, and Becca really seem to respect her but I don’t feel ASSa and Pigcilla do.
They don't respect anybody.
IMO

Reactions: 19
Well, lets hope Jen's channel continues to grow as a result. Thats about the only good thing that can come of her association with them.

Reactions: 10
What are they doing at playlist live? 😆
From the photos I've seen, not much.
Hangin with the f'n vlog squad mostly.
With the exception of pics with 4 people I've never seen or heard of...
They are alone. 😆
I hope Abbie is yelling like hell and other people are shunning them.
No doubt the other people there know about Assa's "secrets".
Nobody with any damn sense likes s dead beat dad. A thief.
Or exploitation of a child.
IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
This made me laugh! He asked for comments regarding the point of pointing not speaking regarding certain instructions. A then responds with a (I feel) sarcastic comment which actually contradicts his previous love of ABA!! View attachment 89909
This is what he does. He reminds me of a diplomat of sorts. (Someone that can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.) Its actually sort of gross and not many of the fans understand that he is actually replying to their comments with a "duck you" mentality.

Reactions: 10
After watching the latest vlog and the one before, I'm becoming more worried for Abbie and the relationship with her Dad lately as he is clearly not getting her at all and he's not realising that what he is saying is having an impact on her mood. He really needs to stop talking about her as though she's not there when she's within earshot. The subject of prompting and ABA really triggered her and upset her and it made her yell.
I'm really worried that this is going to escalate. My advice to him would be to discuss things like this privately in the vlogs in future, either going into another room or waiting until she's in bed/at school and then it will make her feel a little bit calmer.

I'm also annoyed they didn't distract her or suggest an activity to do at her Grandad's house when she went to the kitchen. Instead of saying for example 'Hey Abbie, do you want to play with some slime while you wait for your food?', they said to her 'Sit down!' and 'Come here'. They gave no context whatsoever.

They need to start listening to autistic adults like me and understanding the reasons why she gets frustrated and then things will become a lot easier for her. And they also need to turn the camera off straight away when she's upset or overwhelmed, particularly when she starts yelling and it will allow her to calm down and also she'll get the personal space and privacy she really needs. I wouldn't want my parents constantly filming me when I'm melting down so why should they do the same to her?
YESSS 100% yes! About your last paragraph I mean. Autistic people feel each other 100% 💖(And yet historically we had no empathy 😆)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Really guys? Her hair? I have two NT kids and I would send them off to school looking pristine and they came home looking they went through a war zone. Abbie rocks, puts a blanket over head, lays down and does that tightening stim, her hair is going to be messy after school. Like with the shoes, not that important.

Also....In my opinion No One from a forum or youtube should be reporting this family to CPS. You do not really know them, you aren't in their life. They are liars and users but they aren't abusing their kid. I do feel however they are exploiting her and scamming fans. Report them to you tube, get them demonitized but don't call authorities on them.

His other kid and mom knows all this now, right? leave them alone as well....c'mon

I wholeheartedly agree. Do not contact the authorities, don't contact family members, anything along those lines. There are other ways to respond to this.
They were already reported to CPS a few months ago with accusations of abuse and neglect and it was concluded that Abbie is being properly taken care of.

There is a moment in tonights Vlog where they are getting Abbie out of the car and Asa tells her to get her backpack. P tells him you're supposed to point to it because of ABA. Asa goes on a mini rant about how "well humans talk to each other, I know it's ABA but...etc.." with a bit of an attitude on his face? And it's so strange to me because I feel like in the older Vlogs where they would be showing Abbie's routines and such, Asa would be very firm on this is how they have to teach Abbie to do things and following the ABA guidelines was important. I could be wrong but he never seemed so negative about having to point in the past.
Asa tends to be quite two faced when it comes to these things. There was a point where they were going to go to the wego health awards in vegas and decided not to take Abbie because, and I quote, "It would be total sensory overload for Abbie. All the lights and sounds..."... then just recently they take her to Disneyworld which is just as bad if not worse than Vegas for sensory overload. Sometimes he avoids doing things in the name of her sensory processing disorder, then other times does the complete opposite and says it's for her benefit.
Just the other day A&P were claiming that part of the reason they've cut back on Brandy's therapy sessions with Abbie is because they are doing the exercises themselves with her. But yet again, they aren't consistent with it. Sometimes they stick to it, other times like tonite, they basically say screw it and just do what they want to do.

After watching the latest vlog and the one before, I'm becoming more worried for Abbie and the relationship with her Dad lately as he is clearly not getting her at all and he's not realising that what he is saying is having an impact on her mood. He really needs to stop talking about her as though she's not there when she's within earshot. The subject of prompting and ABA really triggered her and upset her and it made her yell.
This has always pissed me off, too. A&P talking about Abbie as if she's not there, discussing and debating what to do with her, how to handle her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
What are they doing at playlist live? 😆
From the photos I've seen, not much.
Hangin with the f'n vlog squad mostly.
With the exception of pics with 4 people I've never seen or heard of...
They are alone. 😆
I hope Abbie is yelling like hell and other people are shunning them.
No doubt the other people there know about Assa's "secrets".
Nobody with any damn sense likes s dead beat dad. A thief.
Or exploitation of a child.
IMO
I just about said "the fans do, apparently" (to the "nobody likes a dead beat dad, thief or exploitation of a child) but, then I saw the "with any damn sense " part and realized that they are out of the question if sense is part of the criteria.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A bit off topic but why don't they sweep up those damn leaves on the patio ffs? That would drive me nuts

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I bet they are going to show Abbie stimming in slow motion and say she’s having a blast at Playlist Live.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
So what are they teaching her here? You can just eat off the entire cake? I’m sure they just teased her and didn’t let her do it. Once again letting her be a prop for a picture. “Hey let’s shove a cake in abbys face and then take a picture like she is going to eat it” she doesn’t understand what they are doing. It’s ridiculous

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 20
What a humiliating pic of her as well. 😞 Even 1 yr olds look more aware of the cake. When she tossed her water bottle today w/ the lid looking unsecured & then the capri sun TWICE, I thought back to when my kids’ did that & they were very young...infancy to very early toddler days. The IDD is showing. He’s showing it & w/o her permission.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

It seems they like to keep viewers confused so they don’t have to give a definite answer on what Abbie is and isn’t able to understand.

Reactions: 6

It seems they like to keep viewers confused so they don’t have to give a definite answer on what Abbie is and isn’t able to understand.
Does anyone know why they they can still get comments when so many other youtubers with kids had their comments disabled?

So what are they teaching her here? You can just eat off the entire cake? I’m sure they just teased her and didn’t let her do it. Once again letting her be a prop for a picture. “Hey let’s shove a cake in abbys face and then take a picture like she is going to eat it” she doesn’t understand what they are doing. It’s ridiculous
It's kind of weird the cake says congratulations instead of something like "Thank you for 500,000"

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
PityCilla upset( was a bit of a muffle on her when this happened)that Abbie was going to get juice all over her car. Asa could have turned around(oops,would have taken the camera time away) to take the juice from Abbie.

Is everyone in the tan damned family so damned lazy that the only thing they can all say to Abbie is sit?

And yes Asa/ PityCilla,we know you have been reading things here. Was nice of you to give Jen the time to chat w her. You damn well know that many here werepicked off about the treatment she got at Disney.

You know too that Jen,without naming names was saddened over the treatment by whom she thought were friends.

We know this because so many posted about being anti ABA on this sight and now you seem to be rejecting a method they use.

So,while you read this,stop putting Abbie into situations that are uncomfortable for her. Put down the damned camera and have actual one on one meaningful time w her. Read her a book,maybe let her have slime,let her fingerpaint on some giant paper out on that huge waste of space backyard

Reactions: 11
They're fat shaming on other forums?
By forum they mean the forum like ours named like a Fruit farm.

They remind me of anti Vaxxers they way he said that

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.