Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reporting to CPS is a waste of resources. She goes to school regularly, is seen by a therapist and regularly visits the doctor. All of whom are mandated reporters. What is going on does not rise to neglect nor abuse.
Yes, I agree

Reactions: 2
I know it doesn't matter but I agree on the pixie cut I think it would actually suit her and her lifestyle. Long hair isn't terrible though. It gets to a certain point where its so long and heavy that it will probably be easier to throw into a solid bun or braid that won't be as messy.

Reactions: 7
Adults with autism scare the crap out of Asa. He should be embarrassed for how much spotlight he takes as an autism expert when there are actual adults with autism who can speak for themselves.

I genuinely think that Asa doesn't regard autistic adults with the same respect as he does neurotypical adults. In his wold, people with autism are to be exploited and filmed and used as subjects in his vids. They're not "real" people to him, I think he pities them, railroads them, or autism-splains them.
Oh I couldn’t have put it into better words myself! He thinks he knows best about autism - hello narcissism! - and ignores the autistic community when autistic people especially adults try and comment about things such as how harmful the puzzle piece is (instead use an ♾️ symbol, called the neurodiversity symbol from ASAN) and how to help/teach Abbie etc.

Oh well, at least these behaviours of his (that I said above) show his true colours and how he doesn’t give a damn about the very community he thinks he is serving, hence why many autistic people hate him and his channel and feel bad for Abbie.

Reactions: 13
Maybe I am missing something but this was her hair shorter last year

I think the cut you are talking about is the Bob from two years ago when she was 12, which was appropriate for her age.

This pic just screams exploitation. Pissy smiles and poor Abs looks distraught. Anything for a photo-op and clicks, right Pissy?

Reactions: 5
Oh I couldn’t have put it into better words myself! He thinks he knows best about autism - hello narcissism! - and ignores the autistic community when autistic people especially adults try and comment about things such as how harmful the puzzle piece is (instead use an ♾️ symbol, called the neurodiversity symbol from ASAN) and how to help/teach Abbie etc.

Oh well, at least these behaviours of his (that I said above) show his true colours and how he doesn’t give a damn about the very community he thinks he is serving, hence why many autistic people hate him and his channel and feel bad for Abbie.
wow I never knew about the puzzle piece controversy. I read up a bit and it does make sense though, kind of bad imagery.

Which vlog is it that they crashed the kids party? I’ve seen many different comments about it but I haven’t seen it.

Since Asa probably reads this forum, maybe try playing upbeat Lofi music before Abbie goes to bed instead of really loud hip hop or pop (Trust me I like both of those genres too). Lofi has the hip hop style beats that Abbie really enjoys, but it is calming and usually not very loud.

Many "typical teenagers" like myself listen to Lofi when they study or fall asleep (so Abbie can be a "typical teenager" I guess).

Just type in "upbeat Lofi" on youtube (a good portion of Lofi is sad). Also, a good portion of Lofi is not copyrighted.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It wasn’t their vlog that showed them crashing Becca’s boyfriend‘s birthday party. It was their fellow vlogger - Kaitlin.

Reactions: 4
Does Priscilla ever put down that phone? And why does Asa have to lie down with Abbie? Why doesn't her mother?

Reactions: 8
The whole "call CPS" thing shouldnt even be a discussion. I am mandated reporter and would never call. People may not like the way they are raising her but she is not abused or neglected. What dangerous talk. CPS is already understaffed and overwhelmed everywhere and can barely serve the kids who really REALLY need it. And whats the end goal of wanting to call? Her ending up with foster parents who know literally nothing about her and her quirks, or warehoused in a group home? That isnt going to help her at all.

On another note, the hair discussion reminded me of something. Go the the FA channel and scroll down to June, look for the vlog "Mind the Dash", and look at the thumbnail. Abbie is 100% Maass for sure!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
There is a moment in tonights Vlog where they are getting Abbie out of the car and Asa tells her to get her backpack. P tells him you're supposed to point to it because of ABA. Asa goes on a mini rant about how "well humans talk to each other, I know it's ABA but...etc.." with a bit of an attitude on his face? And it's so strange to me because I feel like in the older Vlogs where they would be showing Abbie's routines and such, Asa would be very firm on this is how they have to teach Abbie to do things and following the ABA guidelines was important. I could be wrong but he never seemed so negative about having to point in the past.

Reactions: 13
There is a moment in tonights Vlog where they are getting Abbie out of the car and Asa tells her to get her backpack. P tells him you're supposed to point to it because of ABA. Asa goes on a mini rant about how "well humans talk to each other, I know it's ABA but...etc.." with a bit of an attitude on his face? And it's so strange to me because I feel like in the older Vlogs where they would be showing Abbie's routines and such, Asa would be very firm on this is how they have to teach Abbie to do things and following the ABA guidelines was important. I could be wrong but he never seemed so negative about having to point in the past.
LOL. He was probably annoyed that she pointed out his error.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
After watching the latest vlog and the one before, I'm becoming more worried for Abbie and the relationship with her Dad lately as he is clearly not getting her at all and he's not realising that what he is saying is having an impact on her mood. He really needs to stop talking about her as though she's not there when she's within earshot. The subject of prompting and ABA really triggered her and upset her and it made her yell.
I'm really worried that this is going to escalate. My advice to him would be to discuss things like this privately in the vlogs in future, either going into another room or waiting until she's in bed/at school and then it will make her feel a little bit calmer.

I'm also annoyed they didn't distract her or suggest an activity to do at her Grandad's house when she went to the kitchen. Instead of saying for example 'Hey Abbie, do you want to play with some slime while you wait for your food?', they said to her 'Sit down!' and 'Come here'. They gave no context whatsoever.

They need to start listening to autistic adults like me and understanding the reasons why she gets frustrated and then things will become a lot easier for her. And they also need to turn the camera off straight away when she's upset or overwhelmed, particularly when she starts yelling and it will allow her to calm down and also she'll get the personal space and privacy she really needs. I wouldn't want my parents constantly filming me when I'm melting down so why should they do the same to her?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Really guys? Her hair? I have two NT kids and I would send them off to school looking pristine and they came home looking they went through a war zone. Abbie rocks, puts a blanket over head, lays down and does that tightening stim, her hair is going to be messy after school. Like with the shoes, not that important.

Also....In my opinion No One from a forum or youtube should be reporting this family to CPS. You do not really know them, you aren't in their life. They are liars and users but they aren't abusing their kid. I do feel however they are exploiting her and scamming fans. Report them to you tube, get them demonitized but don't call authorities on them.

His other kid and mom knows all this now, right? leave them alone as well....c'mon
Hi I think you are right. Exploitation yes. Abuse no.

I'm also annoyed they didn't distract her or suggest an activity to do at her Grandad's house when she went to the kitchen. Instead of saying for example 'Hey Abbie, do you want to play with some slime while you wait for your food?', they said to her 'Sit down!' and 'Come here'. They gave no context whatsoever.
They talk to her like she's a dog or cat.

I wouldn't want my parents constantly filming me when I'm melting down so why should they do the same to her?
Because it's content. And they don't care how she must feel.

• Heart
  • Sad
This made me laugh! He asked for comments regarding the point of pointing not speaking regarding certain instructions. A then responds with a (I feel) sarcastic comment which actually contradicts his previous love of ABA!!
9CB5CCFD-C826-436B-86A7-7F5E2F4018E0.png

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.