Fathering Autism #49 P plots, schemes, and grows. Will she ever stop rubbing her nose?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1599982029389.png

And of course Cilla drove her and Summer to Zaxbys.

1599982085583.png

Funny they never put words like salad or veggies on her Ipad. Just junk food.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Just watched. They claim they aren't going to show what they got for Christmas? Is that where they draw the line on showing off? They show everything else they "get".

No one is surprised you haven't eaten quinoa Asa...it is too healthy for your household.

How much home decor does a person need? She buys crappy, cheap looking tit.

OMG! Clean that nasty lookin' oven!!! Big ole ick on that.

Asa...my lord, shut up...you just talk too much, way too much. That would bother me more than Abbie yelling.

Oh...Summer has friends too!

I thought Abbie looked cute when they made cookies.

The End.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have it stuck in my head that Prilly said she worked for Lowe's at one time, but I could be very wrong...do you think this may be the warehouse management position?
I remember that also, she forgot to brag about how she knows so much about home improvement that they made her a manager. Asswipe, please help your pigass wife with the editing.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Completely agree!!!!
Even when Asa tried to say the truth, again comes another lie!!
Priscilla, put your big girl pants on, get over the misconception of IDD and quit having your husband sidestep around the truth...
Funny you should mention the words "put your big girl pants on"..didn't crappy Pissy say that in a vlog somewhere (in the car, at the old house?) LMAO

Okay, I finally watched this sticky sweet bullshit vlog. I agree, it was different and I think they are in some kind of trouble (be it declining viewer numbers, facing more open criticism or something else). They always throw in some "better" vlogs where they are all lovey-dovey as damage control.
The kitchen talk was very telling. They are right, developmental and educational psychology is very complex and we (as in the scientific community) are constantly learning and finding new things (thank goodness, I would have to look for another job if that weren't the case). That is just not what they meant. What they meant is that they neglected to properly look at her day-to-day differences and are now hitting a lot of dead ends. Sensory needs don't need to override anything. We all have good days and bad days, but there still needs to be a baseline of functioning. It is way lower/more extreme for Abbie, but letting it stay at zero on those days is just dumb. And no, making her do chores doesn't count. And honestly, it isn't. Say "Dunkin" and her receptive language is on point!
They are also only thinking in reinforcing or not- terms. I am not trying to revive the ABA or not discussion from the last thread (I gave my opinion about it in previous threads, and am happy to answer questions both as an autistic person and as a scientist), but this is one of the flaws in this approach. Pigs sentence "once she asks for mom, what after that?" is extremely telling. Why does there need to be an after that? We are seeking out other people, and our parents. Sure, some is out of necessity and getting stuff we need (in younger years), but some is because getting the persons attention and communicating with that person should be reinforcing in itself. And I don't believe for a second that it isn't the case with Abbie (even though it is inhibited). In fact, attention is the most primal form of reinforcement. She recognizes different people (as someone else already pointed out) and back in 2017 she could match photos of her family. She clearly has preferences (her dad), so she can tell people apart and assign subjective "value". Their own teachers told them to just talk to her for talking to her (while in lockdown).
I think A&P think that Abbie just sees them as vending machines. She does something right and treats fall out (even though the doing right part went out the window and she just gets stuff whenever). And it is them just adding food items because it was easy and yields quick results.
I am sorry, if it is worded poorly, but I shortened this post like crazy and it is still super long.
"Seeing them as vending machines", wouldn't that be due to always being given excessive reinforcers - through ABA? "She does something right and treats fall out"- yeah reward dependency!

Something is definitely up! I dont trust Arsehog further than I can see him. Why is he being all nicey nicey all of a sudden? And why is Pig putting Abbie to bed for the first time ever? Why is all the IDD recognition suddenly being stated? Someone somewhere has had a little word in his ear that for once he has listened to. Maybe his PR advisor reads here and has banged in a few home truths...
But why would he listen to his PR advisor more than the autistic community who has been trying to reach him for years? :(

To be fair, not to companies or people, but to the practice... I have practiced herbalism and natural healing since I was a child. (I am indigenous and learned nature healing from my grandmother) there are some very valid and effective uses for oils, herbs, etc. They are used daily in my house for damn near everything lol

Not that these people pushing over priced gimmicks have any clue what they are on about. Much like P and her makeup and selfcare skills. Just regurgitating bs for uneducated, lonely, and desperate to gobble up. She has no clue nor any skill or talent. She is spoon fed the things she needs to say and do to work her scam.
Indigenous from where, may I ask? :)

And the thing is, they KNOW attention is reinforcement. They have talked in the past about how they ignore certain behaviors from her because she likes attention, and therefore they believe that if they give her a reaction, they are reinforcing the behavior. But they seem to only view it in a negative light ("Abbie acts out because she wants attention" "Abbie thrives on chaos"), and never as a positive ("Abbie wants our attention because she likes to interact with us"). Which, first of all, is strategically dumb...per usual for them. If she acts out to get attention, then maybe try giving her more attention on a regular basis, and she won't have to act out to get it?

But second of all, it's also sad and kind of telling as far as how they view her relationship with them. I think you're right, no matter what they might say to the contrary, they think she sees them as a vehicle to get what she wants...not as people that she truly enjoys interacting with. They've even sort of admitted this on the vlogs, when they used to talk about how Summer's relationship with Abbie was different and important for Abbie because Summer was the only one who didn't place demands on Abbie. (Except now she does, so I guess they ruined that for their daughter, too.) It's like it doesn't occur to them that they can have periods of time in their relationship with Abbie when they're not placing demands on her either. They're able to grasp this concept with their neurotypical child, and hang out with him on his own terms...see P taking Isaiah out for after-school ice cream just for fun, or A spending time doing photography stuff and playing video games with him. But with Abbie, everything is about bringing her into situations THEY see as fun or rewarding or fulfilling, which obviously involves placing demands on her. I don't think they spend much time just sitting on the couch with her and just talking.

And yeah, with a nonverbal person it can feel really awkward to just sit and talk, you feel like you're just talking to yourself at first...but after a while you'll get into a pattern of conversation and finding ways to ask them things they can answer...especially because Abbie is capable of reacting and giving basic answers, even moreso than some of my nonverbal patients. And it would have the added benefit of building both her receptive and productive language skills, because it would provide her with more opportunities to listen and say things.
Your first paragraph sounds like planned ignoring' a popular but terrible tactic often also used by ABA therapists.. :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
One of the rare occasions where I will give Asshat a point. Instead of either outright ignoring or quickly breezing over it, A&P acknowledged and discussed the fact that Abbie is significantly developmentally/intellectually disabled. Hopefully this will become a trend and instead of attributing everything to autism, they'll start talking more about her IDD and how that affects things.

I also agree with A's point that it isn't black or white with what Abbie is capable of or what she understands. It isn't either she's of average intelligence/understanding/awareness or she has virtually no intelligence at all and has the IQ of a turnip. There is a lot of gray area.
I know I’m very late to the party but I would be more interested if they focused more on her IDD. My kid is high functioning but seeing how things work in other families might give me more ideas to try with my son.

Welp. If we had Smell-O-Vision all we would smell is fear. The sudden lovey talk and thanking the humpers...theres something behind the scenes. He does this tit everytime he needs to change the narrative. I think hes feeling some pressure somewhere....

And Asa. Globally delayed is not a dx for someones Abbies current age. That dx usually bites the dust around age 5 or 6. He still says it because P bristles when he simply says intelluctally delayed. He says ID when P isnt around.

Poor Isaiah. Abbie was yelling in her room that whole time. Asa said thats what she does. Can you imagine how that had to have affected his sleep? I could not deal with that. 😞
We started out with two diagnoses, IDD NOS and selective mutism. I was a selective mute. I’d talk to family but not in school until third grade. My son developed almost on time with every thing. It was in first grade we had him diagnosed.

Lmao congratulations!! I strive to be there one day too!! Lol sorry for being an ass!
I was upgraded to active and now my messenger on here works!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
How about using Wows from before since that actually had the most votes

Fathering Autism #50 Dirty Looks from Mama Hoss means No Lovin' for Papa Maass

This way we don't have to worry about voting again
Thank you, Kermy! ❤ I appreciate you.❤

THAT is hilarious! Can we please put that on her page! LOL
If you or anyone else has a usable account, I say go for it! 😂😂 Halloween is just around the corner!😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
That music was awful. It sounded like funeral music over the sound of Pig and Summer squealing and laughing in the pool because they’re “so excited” 🙄

You’re right. She had that look of fear and denial. Like no, this can’t be true. I almost had some sympathy for her. She’s annoying but I won’t pretend to know what it’s like to be in her shoes.
I know what it feels like. I cried for about an hour, but quickly realized how lucky I am to have him with a healthy body and a mind we needed to learn more about. I think we have succeeded. He’s a young man now and can realize how different he is, but he also knows he is not far behind and has a future to look forward to.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know I’m very late to the party but I would be more interested if they focused more on her IDD. My kid is high functioning but seeing how things work in other families might give me more ideas to try with my son.

We started out with two diagnoses, IDD NOS and selective mutism. I was a selective mute. I’d talk to family but not in school until third grade. My son developed almost on time with every thing. It was in first grade we had him diagnosed.

I was upgraded to active and now my messenger on here works!
My youngest son was selective mute. We had no idea as he talked up a storm at home. He was doing well in Kindergarten and loved it. He came everyday and told me about his friends and his day. About a month in the school called for a conference. They were convinced he was " high functioning autistic." I was floored but frankly knew my son and didnt believe it.
After finding a psychologist it was discovered his mutism was trauma based. (Not abuse, trauma) I was separated from my kids for a full year in a hospital 80 miles from home. (A specialized burn and surgical center) The first 3 months they couldnt see me at all. That progressed to being able to see me through a window. By the end they could see and interact with me but only once a week. For a year my kids stayed with all different family members while I was away. He was 3 when it happened. 4 when I came home. Starting school and being away from me again triggered it. Play therapy helped. By Christmas he was speaking at school. Hes 22 now. He remembers nothing. But its still in there...he still has a fear of losing me. He calls if Im late. Worries about my health. Hes still in school but reluctant to talk of leaving home someday. And he doesnt see it like I do.
Anyway, that just took me back. Ive never ( even at work) came across anyone else who experienced that. I was so scared for him back then...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I don't think they are thinking that far. I think they are a toxic mixture of clueless, lazy and ignorant. They also need instant gratification. Working a long time for reaching a goal isn't their thing.
Though their school is complicit. I don't care how desperate they are for funding, just letting this happen or actively encouraging this tit choices is just as bad as Asshat and glacier Priss. You can gently push people into directions without them realizing (not great, but sometimes necessary) or even choosing tough talk. They need the school just as much as the school neds them. Same (to an extent) with Brandy, even though I think she is just chooseing the path of least resistance for Abbies sake. She obviously cares for her and tries to make the best of the situation.
We used storyboards in all of our rooms. For example, there would be a “ breakfast” sign and he could pick his food. The stories were in book-ish form showing steps to follow. For example he loves those dreadful Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls. If he picked that he would find the page with it on it and follow the pictures. In the case of hot or microwave food there was a picture of family members he could find to help him get his food out of the micro. My house is rather large ( not bragging, my great grandfather built it), I have seven bedrooms and each room had a name and picture on it as well as a stop or go sign. Stop on the door meant leave that person alone. The “books” took a while for him to understand and now he doesn’t need them anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Fat suit dropping off, while still gaining up top. So when she says non scale victories?, it’s her skin suit shifting.
non scale victory, she finally found the link where she can buy falsies to stuff her little bra with. Yes, we see she found the add 2 cup size .

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Asa and Cilla family photo 2016. Wonder why they weren't photographed sitting together? And where is Abbie?
15590558_10202735609949103_2280507765449722578_n (2).jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Asa and Cilla family photo 2016. Wonder why they weren't photographed sitting together? And where is Abbie?
View attachment 241473
Abbie and Isaiah are in the middle row on the steps. Asa’s big butt in front of them.
I’m assuming Prissy didn’t feel comfortable sitting on the steps and wanted to be more supported/hide (fat girl probs).

There’s lots of kids in the photo so I assume it was just a bit hectic trying to get everyone in the photo so they just took what they could.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s so bleeping weird. And why always the rude replies to fans?
P is an attention bleep. Seriously. Anything that can be used for a photo op she uses.
And the humpers...*sigh*....I am so embarrassed to ever have been a fan because they are just so freaking stupid. They clearly have no idea of the dedication and skill it takes to be a collegiate athlete, even at a smaller school. The only thing Isaiah could do is mix the Gatorade. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Abbie and Isaiah are in the middle row on the steps. Asa’s big butt in front of them.
I’m assuming Prissy didn’t feel comfortable sitting on the steps and wanted to be more supported/hide (fat girl probs).

There’s lots of kids in the photo so I assume it was just a bit hectic trying to get everyone in the photo so they just took what they could.
I wasn't sure if that was Abbie. I thought at first it was, but that girl is wearing boots. I didn't think she'd wear those.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.