Fathering Autism #48 Crybaby Maassives need DD bottles, it fits right in w/ Big P's waddle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was diagnosed with Aspergers a few years ago, in my mid 20s. I’m very capable of all those things.
I commented that they my niece has Aspergers and is not capable of all those things. Just further proves the point that people on the spectrum are all so very different and you can't make blanket statements to describe them!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
WTH...I thought she used to go on & on about Lauren Brazee as her bestie
Do you think she has Kaitlyn selling that crappy makeup? And trying to get her to sell it to her friends, family and hospital contacts? I surely hope not. Would like to think she is smarter than that. 🧐🤨

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Couple things about P's grocery haul video:

- I shook my head when she was scrolling through recipes on her phone and 'Sloppy Joes' popped up.

- Love the B roll of all the fruits n veggies at the grocery store, trying to send the message that they actually buy that stuff on a regular basis.

- P says she never looks at fliers and thus never knows when something is on sale. Not only is that odd for someone who claims to be as into organization as she says she is, but it shows she's not worried about saving $$$ and doesn't have to be. It also conflicts with the fact that she says she only buys clothing when it's on sale. Why that and not food?
Personally, I love a good sale. Even if I was making 7 figures a year, I'd still be looking for good sales. lol

- at about the 2:18 mark - "You can't have enough cheeses, right?" 😆 😆 🧀🧀🧀

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Well I want to say all of you parents are incredibly awesome, amazing and deserve so much praise.

• Heart
TF is up with her showing off all her grocery "haul"?
Did she ever stop to think about how some people might feel? Not everybody can afford to buy all that food. Many are buying boxes mac & cheese and spaghettios.
She's either 100% clueless or 100% she doesnt give a f***
Her grocery haul always looks like she is buying for a family of 10 for their once a month grocery trip. Honestly? I think there is something wrong with Priscilla buying so many groceries, cooking way too much at a time and then most likely having to throw away a lot of outdated or left overs that have gone bad. Not sure what you call it. It’s like she was deprived at some time in her life and is now over compensating.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
TF is up with her showing off all her grocery "haul"?
Did she ever stop to think about how some people might feel? Not everybody can afford to buy all that food. Many are buying boxes mac & cheese and spaghettios.
She's either 100% clueless or 100% she doesnt give a f***
She doesn't give a duck, so that's that. Piggy could use sunflower seeds in her salad for some crunch instead of croutons or make her own croutons! I'd love to see them go to a food bank and make meals from what they get there...that's what I do and then buy supplemental groceries. I've planted sunflowers for the birds and squirrels and green peppers and cherry tomatoes for myself. My daughter and her husband planted a huge garden and share that with whoever they can. The only reason that grocery haul will last as long as Prilly claims is because they fill up on donuts and takeouts!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Good morning all!
So many good posts regarding ABA but Im on my phone and cant seem to quote them all...so...
To say everyone autistic will have PTSD from ABA is just reckless, unproven, and as someone else said, a way to shame and insult parents who are trying to do the best for their kids.
Even NT children are taught with prompts, hand over hand, and punishment and rewards. I know I didnt just wake up one day and tell my kids "Ok, today you are going to: brush your teeth, use the toilet, make your bed, & pick up your toys so go figure it out!" They were taught. Hand Abbie a toothbrush and what happens? Two swipes then she stands there. Or tries to run off. How many hours should they let her do that without prompting her to finish or restarting the task hand over hand with her? 1 hour? 5? All we see here is that A&P are assholes for not following through and Abbie is capable of more. Ok. If thats true and ABA isnt working - what will?
My opinion is just my own. I also enjoy hearing both sides. But as another poster mentioned earlier I get weary when it is implied I would be an abuser if I would choose ABA, and have the term "ableist" hurled at me. And no thats NOT ok and it is an insult just like any other derogatory names directed at specific groups of people.
If autonomy is such an issue with autistic adults who imply that now they have PTSD because ABA taught them self care or ADL's in general, are they saying they would be happier people without those skills? Letting others tend to their toileting or hygiene needs as adults is preferable than having been taught? How bizarre. And sad, because what other method has been successful for the entire autistic spectrum? Or for all NT children for that matter? No one learns the same way, and no one is affected by things the same way either.
Anyway, obviously a hot button subject and opinions vary which is expected. I have never and would never report someone for not agreeing- thats a Maass move for sure, totally
disrespectful! We all
deserve to be heard. :) :)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Assa and his yearning looks towards Lauren may be what has put a stop to that BFF deal. They were doing some partying the last time they were together. I wonder if Assa got him a snout full and became a bit more flirty? Who knows for sure..but it is not out of the realm of possibilities. 😎
For the future: I guess try and avoid the horny Hambeast in heat or you’ll find yourself disinvited to the Hambeast haven without a charcuterie treat or a gunt-worthy BFF of massive proportions.

• Haha
For the future: I guess try and avoid the horny Hambeast in heat or you’ll find yourself disinvited to the Hambeast haven without a charcuterie treat or a gunt-worthy BFF of massive proportions.
Precisely! 😂😝😂 At the very least, stay far far away during mating season! 😂 Otherwise, no Hambeast Haven invites for you! 🐽 And absolutely, no gunt snacks and NO CHEESE! 😻

• Haha
Reactions: 10
One thing I wanted to say in regards to the whole ABA thing is that I think it's unfair to Brandi to lump her in w/ those who use ABA in an abusive manner.
Brandi might possibly be one of the only people in Abbie's life that really take the time and effort with Abbie to help her learn and she does it in a very kind and compassionate way. She is patient yet firm and she interacts with Abbie rather than talking at her or about her in front of her face. Also, Brandi was trying to phase out the prompting with Abbie because she didn't want her to become dependent on it.

Also, in one way or another, all children are taught what is appropriate/inappropriate behaviorally. While I don't think it's right to make autistic children little robots who appear NT, they still need to learn (in whatever modified approach) when it's appropriate to do something or not.
Yes, I think it's also unfair to lump Brandy in with the more 'abusive' style of ABA because a main argument for that style being abuse is that its purpose is to extinguish stims and make children "act" neurotypical. Brandy has specifically said she doesn't extinguish Abbie's stims unless they are causing issues with her safety or with her being able to do something...and there is plenty of video that backs that up, she will stop and wait for Abbie to stim while they are doing something, and then just guide her back to the activity at hand if it seems Abbie has lost her focus due to the stimming.

Any style of therapy can be implemented abusively, and lord knows pretty much every branch of the medical and mental health fields has its own history of abusing patients under the guise of "helping" them...that's nothing unique to ABA. I don't see the point in haranguing practitioners who are practicing with compassion and with an eye toward avoiding the mistakes of the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Precisely! 😂😝😂 At the very least, stay far far away during mating season! 😂 Otherwise, no Hambeast Haven invites for you! 🐽 And absolutely, no gunt snacks and NO CHEESE! 😻
Girl, there has to be a great thread name in all of this. If anyone can do it, you can. I thought the word “gunt” was a made-up name that you came up with. Imagine my surprise when someone suggested googling it and turns out it is a real word! It’s so perfect sounding. And “ Hambeast”? I think is Hoto’s word. Another perfect and accurate word. I learn all kinds of things on this site. So educational not to mention entertaining and at times hilarious. Makes my day. The grunting Gunty Hambeasts alive and well in Jacksonville.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Girl, there has to be a great thread name in all of this. If anyone can do it, you can. I thought the word “gunt” was a made-up name that you came up with. Imagine my surprise when someone suggested googling it and turns out it is a real word! It’s so perfect sounding. And “ Hambeast”? I think is Hoto’s word. Another perfect and accurate word. I learn all kinds of things on this site. So educational not to mention entertaining and at times hilarious. Makes my day. The grunting Gunty Hambeasts alive and well in Jacksonville.
Haha! Grunting Gunty Hambeasts! 😂😂 Same here! I did not know Gunt was a word until I came here. I always referred to it as FUPA. 😛 Makes my day, too! 💜

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Also, while I am by no means an expert on ABA (not even close), I would imagine that for someone like Abbie, she is going to need more prompting, more supervision and more intervention (that's where the high supports/high needs part comes into play, yes?) than someone who is low supports/low needs and is more independent and self-sufficient. In Abbie's case, I don't see it as suppressing who she is and trying to make her behave as if she's NT. I see it as trying to teach her how to look after herself (emphasis on trying), teaching her how to interact w. others and so on.

Again, this is stuff that NT children are taught as well. We don't allow NT kids to do whatever they want, whenever they want. They're taught that there is a time and place for it. Or, if it's something that is harmful to themselves or others, or something inappropriate (I realize that word is contentious so I'll specify that I don't mean that something is inappropriate simply because it isn't an NT thing to do) - not to do it at all. This isn't suppressing who they are as individuals. It's teaching them how to look after themselves and how to interact with the world around them (and I realize that looks different for everyone and I mean it in terms of interacting so they don't end up in harmful or dangerous or possibly even illegal situations).

• Heart
Does anyone know the back story on this?

Priscilla Plaggenburg Maass
10h ·

When people don’t like their current situations why can’t they just move on? There is no need to try and make someone else feel bad about themselves because of your personal feelings. Be a big girl and move on. Simple as that! If you can’t see that you are the problem I can’t help you with that. Trying to “find dirt” on someone is the most petty thing I’ve ever seen. Make someone smile today!
Someone called her out on her boat pic about life jackets, Assa calling people garbage when he stole things and was convicted his first daughter .. Chincilla writing bad cheque’s ... I think there’s more I just can’t remember .. I’ll go look to see if it’s still up but they likely deleted it lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Her grocery haul always looks like she is buying for a family of 10 for their once a month grocery trip. Honestly? I think there is something wrong with Priscilla buying so many groceries, cooking way too much at a time and then most likely having to throw away a lot of outdated or left overs that have gone bad. Not sure what you call it. It’s like she was deprived at some time in her life and is now over compensating.

I agree...her relationship with food seems psychologically based and is the reason she is obese.

Reactions: 11
Old Chincilla has a gunt E I E I O ... with a gunt gunt here and a Gunt gunt there here a gunt there a gunt everywhere a gunt gunt old Chincilla has a Gunt E I E I O :)

• Haha
Someone called her out on her boat pic about life jackets, Assa calling people garbage when he stole things and was convicted his first daughter .. Chincilla writing bad cheque’s ... I think there’s more I just can’t remember .. I’ll go look to see if it’s still up but they likely deleted it lol
The Pigs are incapable of accepting that they made mistakes and to openly admit it. They have no shame. If they showed a scintilla of humility they would make themselves more likeable and I think we would all have some respect for them. Instead they have this appallingly cavalier attitude which makes them, IMO, more and more detestable.

I personally think that all this current obsession with social media is creating a lot of problems now and in the future. It makes people (adults and children) dissatisfied with their lot, and because money is involved, motivates people to expose themselves in a way that is, in the long term, very harmful as what is put out there on the internet cant be simply erased and forgotten about. In years to come the Pigs parenting is going to be held up as a very bad example.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She doesn't give a duck, so that's that. Piggy could use sunflower seeds in her salad for some crunch instead of croutons or make her own croutons! I'd love to see them go to a food bank and make meals from what they get there...that's what I do and then buy supplemental groceries. I've planted sunflowers for the birds and squirrels and green peppers and cherry tomatoes for myself. My daughter and her husband planted a huge garden and share that with whoever they can. The only reason that grocery haul will last as long as Prilly claims is because they fill up on donuts and takeouts!
They live in Florida and even have lemon trees! Ever see her add lemon to water instead of MIO? I haven't. Asa made that silly little planter and grew A tomato. hahahahaha

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.