Fathering Autism #26 Over-buying & drinkin'.. What the hell are they thinkin'?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So they have that fancy dog spa that Maverick and I'm assuming Sandy will go to when they go on ridiculous RV adventures...I don't really have a problem with it because Maverick clearly prefers it to his own house. And I'm sure it will be beneficial for Sandy to be around proper dog handlers. But what about Nala? Does anyone know if they place they take Maverick, also takes cats? Taking a cat, a tortie no less, out of her own environment and bring her where? Are they going to board her for weeks on end? Why did Isaiah have to get a cat his senior year of college knowing he'd be leaving... SO frustrating
I said the same thing on here a few times..what’s that cat going to do without him, she’s needs him in that crazy house!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Also one of my favorites! So, so funny scene going over the mountains. The rock collecting. And the “turn left.” “Left?” “Right”. So he turns to the right. True simple comedy. I, too, love old movies, 40’s &50’s particularly.
You are a mom (hence your username) after my own heart!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Well at this point Sandy and Maverick shouldn’t be going to that place when they go on vacation since Sandy has HPV which is contagious and Maverick has been exposed to her. I’d be absolutely livid if I found out they brought them and my dogs were there. They need to go to the vet ASAP!

Reactions: 15
She didn’t even know the snacks presented. She couldn’t match them or say what they were unless she guessed. Smh. These people have some warped sense of reality.
It made me very sad to see her just grasp at straws to identify her snacks. I’ve said this so many times (I apologize), but I feel so much pity for Abbie,

Reactions: 14
Her hair triggers me. They are just wrong for always showing her looking like that. If they can't manage it they need to cut it. They thought her short hair was a "special needs" cut?! Nothing screams special needs more than her walking around with one pigtail or her hair hanging in her face.
I laughed so hard when I heard them say that. She is special needs. Cut her damn hair.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Her hair triggers me. They are just wrong for always showing her looking like that. If they can't manage it they need to cut it. They thought her short hair was a "special needs" cut?! Nothing screams special needs more than her walking around with one pigtail or her hair hanging in her face.
I know that P prefers having it long but why bother if they aren't going to take better care of it? It seems to be messy and unkempt most of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well at this point Sandy and Maverick shouldn’t be going to that place when they go on vacation since Sandy has HPV which is contagious and Maverick has been exposed to her. I’d be absolutely livid if I found out they brought them and my dogs were there. They need to go to the vet ASAP!
Did they say she had hpv in the vlog? I didn’t watch it all. Just wondering. One of my dogs got the warts on his mouth as a puppy. It’s ugly, but not harmful and didn’t need a trip to the vet. They went away in a few weeks. His breeder is also a vet though, so she was able to tell me what it was from a picture. Apparently they are super common. Not sure where she would have gotten them since they don’t take her anywhere except on little walks.

Reactions: 4
I skipped through the vlog. What happened with her getting her own water?

I felt like she was thinking, ‘dad i know what water is...’ but they are trying to teach her to request things & relate things together, vs. pushing random buttons. The brain is interesting! Her communication pathways are garbled.

As she walked into the closet, looking around randomly & then always looking up at the light, I began to wonder how dizzying that must feel. It’s almost like her looking up is a tourette’s thing & doesn’t help her focus any.

My friend texted me today to say that her neighbor’s autistic daughter was up most of the night making the “ehhhhhhhhh” sound & so she & the neighbors didn’t get much sleep! But I feel badly for the kid & her family. The neighbors must hear Abbie. Central air must help block out the sounds tho.

Reactions: 8
Maybe
Did they say she had hpv in the vlog? I didn’t watch it all. Just wondering. One of my dogs got the warts on his mouth as a puppy. It’s ugly, but not harmful and didn’t need a trip to the vet. They went away in a few weeks. His breeder is also a vet though, so she was able to tell me what it was from a picture. Apparently they are super common. Not sure where she would have gotten them since they don’t take her anywhere except on little walks.
Maybe Sandy got it from licking Abs dirty fingers or feet.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes he said it. My moms a veterinarian she said it’s very contagious and she needs to be brought to the vet because it needs to be treated and in rare cases it can even become cancerous. And that’s correct where did she pick it up is the mystery question. But the dog shouldn’t be going to board since it is contagious and isn’t being treated. And neither should Maverick like I said because he’s been exposed too. That isn’t fair to other dog owners.

Reactions: 12
I would hope they’re honest about the active virus in her mouth & that the med (if any) can run its course. My guess is due to Sandy’s pneumonia & on antibiotics, her immune system couldn’t fight off the virus & she could’ve picked it up anywhere? Assa said as much anyway. She’ll probably have life long health problems from a poor breeding situation. Then again, they did take her out on a walk before vax, & that was just moments on the vlog. It’s possible they took her into pet stores as young as 8 wks. & let her walk on leash. Who knows. It’s very gross though.

Isaiah was clearly joking about returning her due to the yuck factor. Prob not the best to say in a vlog because ppl could take him seriously. Not everyone understands that type of joking around or cares for it. Silly, but we even see it here.

Reactions: 9
Interesting that your mom says it needs to be treated. I’m not aware of any treatment other than surgical. When my dog got it I was just told to keep him away from other dogs until it was gone. He probably picked his up at the dog park, we no longer go to dog parks for various reasons lol. I text my boys’ breeder for vet advice instead of going to the vet for small things a lot. She tells me when I need to take them in. She even diagnosed my dogs Histiocytoma tumor by picture! I did take him in to get a biopsy just to be sure, but she was right! Sandy is so poorly bred, and you make a good point that with her being sick as a puppy that she probably has a poor immune system.

Reactions: 8
Interesting that your mom says it needs to be treated. I’m not aware of any treatment other than surgical. When my dog got it I was just told to keep him away from other dogs until it was gone. He probably picked his up at the dog park, we no longer go to dog parks for various reasons lol. I text my boys’ breeder for vet advice instead of going to the vet for small things a lot. She tells me when I need to take them in. She even diagnosed my dogs Histiocytoma tumor by picture! I did take him in to get a biopsy just to be sure, but she was right! Sandy is so poorly bred, and you make a good point that with her being sick as a puppy that she probably has a poor immune system.
Since she’s young it’s better to do medication than wait it out because it can last months then the lesions can become massive and she even has the chance of it spreading down her throat which will make it hard for her to eat. They can also become infected and make the situation even worse. So like I said her age and her history with being unhealthy better to just treat her with oral antibiotics and clear it up right away. They might even want to biopsy one just to be on the safe side.

I hope you don’t see me as arguing with you or thinking your vet is wrong. Sounds like she is extremely intelligent and excellent to have for your babies.

Reactions: 6
My grandmothers dog is spending the weekend at that vet for an IV for hydration, because she got sick from a dog at the groomers. So if Sandy is contagious I’m kinda ticked off. Even more right now. Risking the lives of other puppies. Smh
This is poor little molly though. Am I allowed to post this lol?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes he said it. My moms a veterinarian she said it’s very contagious and she needs to be brought to the vet because it needs to be treated and in rare cases it can even become cancerous. And that’s correct where did she pick it up is the mystery question. But the dog shouldn’t be going to board since it is contagious and isn’t being treated. And neither should Maverick like I said because he’s been exposed too. That isn’t fair to other dog owners.
dont most boarders require a clean bill of health from the dogs vet? Like I know they cant go with kennel cough.

Reactions: 7
Average people in the U.K. don’t have walk-in wardrobes only the wealthy
I’ve had small closets, but I have a big walk in one now. Love it! I have a dresser in there along with a lot of stuff besides actual clothes. It’s not fancy, but I do like that it’s so big. No we aren’t wealthy, but I believe that term is relative. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Summer counts for her like it’s imperative that she has a certain amount of water but it looks like to me she can do it and Summer is just being annoying and distracting. Who knows.
Ahhh geez.....Summer is always annoying and distracting.
Cant say that I miss that stupid giggle....

Gambit said something to the effect of the birth mother wanting nothing to do with him, the birth father. As a mom, I can respect him for staying away & not complicating things. I know how many here believe how he should fight to see her, but I have experience w/ foster care & adoption, so I totally get the whole female=incubator & male=sperm donor logic. Maybe when his “daughter” (said loosely) is 18, she’ll come around privately or even on the vlog. I’ve never seen her pic & do believe her info shouldn’t be shared. She can also watch the vlog to see who her birth father is.

Assa should go to some ST/OT/PT classes & conferences to learn other tricks to work w/ Abbie.

As an aside, do you all remember being a toddler & trying to drink out of a straw & couldn’t do it? I do! I had older siblings & I remember feeling frustrated. That must be what it’s like for Abbie. Praying her brain can reconnect & grow!
I dont believe Asssa about the mother of his1st daighter not wanting him involved. Just not buyin' it. It's a convenient 'excuse' for him.
Then again, I believe none to very little of what Assssa says...ever.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.