Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The crying is making me nauseous...first of all her face ( I know we all look alil funny when we cry, but some more then others) it looks like she’s gonna lose is....and how awkward when she said “and we didn’t screw you up” Isaiah couldn’t even lie! Did u see P’s expression when no one came to her rescue? Then A tells her to “get yourself together” no love for P today, ok going back to it, I stopped it to comment lol
My Mom used to pull tit like that. Cry and want me to tell her I had a happy childhood or some other lies to make her feel better. If we were out and she was driving I'd say whatever she wanted to hear so she wouldn't wreck the car and kill us both. Otherwise I'd leave the room fast. More recently, I've given her real answers. There were happy moments, but I wouldn't say I had a happy childhood. And yes, her son is most definitely capable of hurting other people. I just won't play the "feed me lies to make me happy" game.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't have as much against Summer as some people here - which is cool - differing opinions are fine. To me I just see a young girl who tried to spread her wings in New York and just realized she wasn't cut out for it. I know a lot of people who had the same experience with NYC. I'm guessing she didn't want to move back home, and A&P had been pushing her hard to move in with them. She was offered not just free rent but the chance to make some money in a very comfortable home job environment. At 21, I'd have taken that deal. She's gonna make it through college with way less debt just on the rent saving alone. Plus she's studying to be an ABA therapist eventually, right? Just in the undergrad portion now. But saying she has live in experience with an autistic teenager will probably look impressive to grad school teachers/etc. Basically - I think on paper this had nothing but positives for Summer.

As far as A&P's motives - that's where I get aggravated. It doesn't at all seem coincidence to me that they wanted Summer in before Isaiah left. I think she's the replacement older sibling. Someone that, when the world isn't so weird and normal life resumes, they can dump Abbie on for their "date nights" or call it respite without having to pay her or use their paid respite hours. I don't think she was ever brought there to be anything but surrogate oldest child to be taken advantage of in that way, and then they realized they could pawn some of the grunt work of their professional day to day off on her as well. Now they have her packing envelopes and sending emails too and Priscilla has more time to slap cheap ass clown makeup on her face during livestreams - oh, sorry, I mean, work on her business.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Abbie is completely prompt dependent which is sad. I remember a year or two ago when Brandi was working with them more often and she was trying to phase out the amount of prompting, especially verbal prompting. This clearly suggests that Brandi was working towards Abbie doing tasks INDEPENDENTLY which is supposedly very important to Asshat and God-Cilla. But, Asshat with his controlling ways just can't seem to handle being told what to do in any manner, even if it's from someone who is more knowledgeable and trained in the subject.
As a result of Asa being unable to follow through with Brandi's instructions (I still remember how a cpl of months ago he made fun of Brandi's instruction to not use verbal prompting and to move to gestural prompting).... Abbie is extremely dependent on being prompted to do something, even if it's something she knows how to do or remembers the steps to complete the task.
I remember back at the old house, they were doing the exercise of putting groceries away and Brandi said to let Abbie try it without prompting. Abbie started to do the task, kinda half attempting to pick something up to put in the fridge, but ultimately ended up just standing in front of the open fridge, looking at Asa and Brandi, and just waiting. It wasn't until one of them prompted her that she finally did something.

****Edit*** I take back saying she's completely prompt dependent. That's not accurate. But she definitely relies on prompting a lot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
if I were Ms. Sheniqua or JSA reading this I'd be offended at what Tanya posted
Maybe they should homeschool her forever!! I was so irritated with Asa's sarcasam about his viewers' suggestions. Instead of saying thanks for taking time out to give your input, he has to get all salty. He knows everything, after all. How dare anyone contradict him. Asa thinks he's super smart, but smart people are open to new ideas.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Abbie is completely prompt dependent which is sad. I remember a year or two ago when Brandi was working with them more often and she was trying to phase out the amount of prompting, especially verbal prompting. This clearly suggests that Brandi was working towards Abbie doing tasks INDEPENDENTLY which is supposedly very important to Asshat and God-Cilla. But, Asshat with his controlling ways just can't seem to handle being told what to do in any manner, even if it's from someone who is more knowledgeable and trained in the subject.
As a result of Asa being unable to follow through with Brandi's instructions (I still remember how a cpl of months ago he made fun of Brandi's instruction to not use verbal prompting and to move to gestural prompting).... Abbie is extremely dependent on being prompted to do something, even if it's something she knows how to do or remembers the steps to complete the task.
I remember back at the old house, they were doing the exercise of putting groceries away and Brandi said to let Abbie try it without prompting. Abbie started to do the task, kinda half attempting to pick something up to put in the fridge, but ultimately ended up just standing in front of the open fridge, looking at Asa and Brandi, and just waiting. It wasn't until one of them prompted her that she finally did something.
This is actually why I've never had too much of a problem with Brandi. Am I thrilled that she practices ABA? No, but at least she modifies it in some capacity by trying to phase out the prompting. I mean, hey, it's great if your child can "learn" how to do a task with you constantly directing their motions and backseat driving, but it would be nice if they could at least do some steps on their own.

Abbie IS actually capable of doing this. I've noticed especially with grabbing a glass or bowl to get water or something - she knows what she's doing. Until Asa butts in because she's not doing it the "right" way and she gets confused.

i don’t ever recall a parent wanting to push their child into doing more than that parent knew their child was capable of doing
Oh my God, I wish I had your track record! When I worked with the public school system being yelled at by in denial parents about what their child is capable of doing was a weekly occurrence. Like, I'm sorry Ma'am, but your 16 year old child with severe IDD is not going to 'grow out of it' in time for university.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This is actually why I've never had too much of a problem with Brandi. Am I thrilled that she practices ABA? No, but at least she modifies it in some capacity by trying to phase out the prompting. I mean, hey, it's great if your child can "learn" how to do a task with you constantly directing their motions and backseat driving, but it would be nice if they could at least do some steps on their own.

Abbie IS actually capable of doing this. I've noticed especially with grabbing a glass or bowl to get water or something - she knows what she's doing. Until Asa butts in because she's not doing it the "right" way and she gets confused.
Yes, there are some tasks she can do without prompting which is definitely a good thing. But then Asa... it's like he just can't stop himself.. he needlessly complicates things and as you said confuses her by making her stop in the middle of a task that she is actually doing correctly, makes her re-do it (put the item back and then do it again)... just giving her commands that totally throw her off.

Or like that one time a cpl weeks ago where he made her stop mid task to say thank you. Followed by him saying that it's kinda dumb to teach her thank you because she doesn't understand what it means and it's not a tangible thing that she can actually use. Ugh.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I was watching an older Vlog and I cannot believe my eyes. Can someone tell me how she is bending her neck this way?

1589767773307.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Big Prilly: You know, I have 4 kids. Consider myself a loving and normal parent. I never once broke down crying because they were graduating, let alone the last day of school. She isnt crying for him. Shes crying for herself....Isaiah's school was HER identity and her escape from Abbie. PTA, Booster Club, football, dances, fund raisers....all the things...over. Now all she has is her waxy make-up and Abbie.
Then she had another attention seeking moment during the parachute play....the fake laughing and wanna-be cute dancing- part of me literally dies inside for her...I dont even LIKE her and I am embarrassed for her.

Asa: Welp I've suspected he photo shops, but when he offered to photo shop the VERY picture I said he altered..?? I did a little victory fist pump LOL
He changed the red bird food since the humpers went nuts.
He did Abbies work for her and hid the tablet screen from the camera.
Priscilla blubbers at the drop of a hat. I’m not sure we need to pay any attention to it. Man, has she done this all of her life? Must have gotten attention in her childhood....even now her son had to comfort her. Geez.

Yeah, Assa pretty much did all of that color matching game thing “they” did together. Didn’t even wait for her to correct herself or notice where she was inserting those pegs. Not sure how much she even looks at her project.

That colored parachute thing I thought was suppose to be for Abbie. But again her attention span was less than 5 min, she can’t attend to task (i.e. hold onto the parachute or raise it up and down) and then runs off. Her typical behavior when given a task to do.

Can anyone tell me why we waste our time watching and listening to that Furry Faced Fat Fool babbling on and on trying to convince us he is intelligent and knowledgeable about autism, birds, dogs, parenthood, etc.? Because there are lots of other things a lot more entertaining or uplifting to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Do you suppose it was found out that there was lying going on about reaching goals on IEPs?
I dunno what to think.
Something happened to Abbie's time with Brandi getting reduced to 1 day a week and we know it wasn't because Abbie had progressed. Since lockdown, we have heard nothing from her or about her. Not even a FaceTime therapy once a week. You know Assa would film it.
I wonder if therapists in this field are not truthful on these documents just so they can get paid.
As I mentioned before, unless Abbie's goals are things she can actually do, I am bewildered as to how she can meet goals at all.
Just my opinion.
Insurance issues for all since ABA is so hands on I guess. Not sure if you understood ‘ins’ as in insurance in my 1st post?

Reactions: 2
Brandi deserves her privacy and none of us have a valid reason for contacting her - Abbie isn't our daughter, she isn't working for us. And I don't consider her to be a 'public' personality because it's not her channel and I'm not convinced that she's 100% willing to be on camera.
As a medical professional I would also say that contacting Brandi about Abbie wouldn’t be right. It would be a violation of Abbies privacy. Yes A&P put things out there but her records with Brandi are actually private.

Reactions: 25
Can anyone tell me why we waste our time watching and listening to that Furry Faced Fat Fool babbling on and on trying to convince us he is intelligent and knowledgeable about autism, birds, dogs, parenthood, etc.? Because there are lots of other things a lot more entertaining or uplifting to do.
I don't anymore. If I can stomach King Knowitall, I watch the "highlights" pointed out here. This weekend I had stuff to do getting my brother back in his home and didn't watch the vlog or come here at all. I missed coming here. I didn't miss the vlog at all.

Edited to fix typos.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder if that will cause her to develop arthritis when she's older. That has got to be painful.
I think there's a good chance that it will. I have moderate kyphosis myself, as well as scoliosis and lordosis (moderate level)... my back is all curvy n messed up... lol..

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
As a medical professional I would also say that contacting Brandi about Abbie wouldn’t be right. It would be a violation of Abbies privacy. Yes A&P put things out there but her records with Brandi are actually private.
So even though they vlog sessions and reveal information, Brandi is still bound by hipaa?
Damn, they get to have their cake and eat it too a lot don't they?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
"

Could be...but if her hours were cut to once per week for lack of progress as we suspect, then it was Brandy who blew the whistle. She isnt connected to JSA's IEP at all, and it became clear after the big YT bucks started rolling in they were not doing therapy regularly. I started noticing it last spring, they would cancel therapy because "Abbie had a hard day" "Abbie is sick" "Nothing wrong with a day off." Then they spent the whole summer last year traveling and moving. They started to pick up again in the new house when everything threw Abbie off....but they werent following through with anything at all. Abbie used to come home, put her shoes away. Empty her backpack and put things were they belonged. They let her use her picture chart and choose chores which she could complete. She put groceries away. Now....nothing. Zip.

I think Brandy threw in the towel. Everything she worked years to accomplish they let unravel and instead of listening to her Asa talks over her.
Actually that makes more sense: that Brandi threw in the towel. I mean how many of us watch those pitiful vlogs over and over and are being told by the hambeasts that she is making “ so much progress”! And we are scratching our heads (at least us on this site with 20/20 vision and a brain to match) because we can’t see it. Remember the story of the Emperor’s new clothes? He’s being told over and over how beautiful and ornate his clothes are until a little boy in the crowd finally blurts out what everyone sees....that he is stark naked. I think Asa did tell us that Brandi’s hours were cut back due to Abbie’s “progress”. Again, I’m thinking, “what”? Is there progress and I’m not seeing it? Folks, I think it’s called “gaslighting”. We are being gaslighted. And by the way...if you haven’t seen it...it’s a great psychological thriller with Ingrid Bergman and Joseph Cotton. But that gaslighting can drive you crazy if you hear Gasbag’s comments and try and figure out what is real. Did it screw up Isaiah? How could that constant barrage of lies, dishonesty and exaggeration not affect him?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.