Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Assss acts like he is teaching her algebra... he is teaching Her colors and how to brush her teeth. I agree.. whatever she does at school should be continued at home. I can't believe they didn't take advantage of the quarantine to tackle potty training..its the perfect time.
It makes me sad for Abbie. They have no idea of what she was even doing in school. They thought it was "So stinkin' cute!" at the beginning of the year when they had to get Abbie a purse and a debit card because she was going to learn about money. Now here we are, two weeks away from years end and we hear them talking to her teacher and saying they havent worked on money because they "didnt know how the school did it..."
Excuse my french, but what in the entire duck is wrong with them? Helicopter Parents from hell when it comes to Isaiah's education, but they didnt know what Abbie was working on, and even after 6 weeks of home school, NEVER ASKED. No wonder Abbie isnt very successful even with simple matters. They want to talk the talk, but dont want to waste time away from their "platforms" to walk the walk. They just do everything for her and try to pretend shes progressed and hope no one notices.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Assss acts like he is teaching her algebra... he is teaching Her colors and how to brush her teeth. I agree.. whatever she does at school should be continued at home. I can't believe they didn't take advantage of the quarantine to tackle potty training..its the perfect time.
Watching them half ass it with life skills and school stuff makes me think they've really given up on her making more progress. Or they want her to make progress but can't put the effort into it consistently. They pretend to make an effort to keep her in JSA and for blog content. But really, the cups and bears activity was done in a blog where they were at the old house. She couldn't do it then. One of them said she had regressed because she hadn't practiced. Now she has about the same ability with colors and matching. Did she ever have the skill in the first place?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
WOW. That is a lot of anger/rage over not getting more snacks. I agree, she should have been told NO and sent to her room.

I wonder if this is how she behaves at school and off-camera, which could be another reason they edit a lot out.

I felt bad for Isaiah actually, at one point I thought she might hit him. They have created a monster, who is only getting older/stronger by the day.

After the initial outburst, she came up and asked for snacks a few times. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

View attachment 132677

View attachment 132676
Disgusting behaviour.

Reactions: 14
They pushed to get her taken out of the life skills class at school. She’s in the advanced class for young adults that will probably get jobs when they move on from JSA or in Abbies case age out of the system. Unfortunately like I previously mentioned Abbie will never qualify for special needs employment, she needs too much prompting and supervision. They definitely should have kept her where she needed to be, but A&P still feel she will be independent one day. And JSA probably didn’t want to be sued or get into a big fight with them so they just placated the parents and moved her up.
I had forgotten about that!
Oh there is no way in hell Abbie is truthfully reaching goals in that program.
Money stuff? Really?
Abbie has no clue where is is or what is going on.
Would one of you people who have experience working with kids like Abbie, chime in and explain to me using small words, how the hell it would be possible to for Abbie to reach goals in a curriculum like this?
Thanks.

Reactions: 17
WOW. That is a lot of anger/rage over not getting more snacks. I agree, she should have been told NO and sent to her room.

I wonder if this is how she behaves at school and off-camera, which could be another reason they edit a lot out.

I felt bad for Isaiah actually, at one point I thought she might hit him. They have created a monster, who is only getting older/stronger by the day.

After the initial outburst, she came up and asked for snacks a few times. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

View attachment 132677

View attachment 132676
Asked for snacks a few times? How about 15 times, every 20 seconds. And not one "no". She just finished almost a whole bag of whatever it was.

Disgusting behaviour.
Like an animal when she doesn't get her dam way.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

View attachment 132677

View attachment 132676
And poor Isaiah..this is the norm for him. He hardly blinked an eye.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I had forgotten about that!
Oh there is no way in hell Abbie is truthfully reaching goals in that program.
Money stuff? Really?
Abbie has no clue where is is or what is going on.
Would one of you people who have experience working with kids like Abbie, chime in and explain to me using small words, how the hell it would be possible to for Abbie to reach goals in a curriculum like this?
Thanks.
Idk, I'm totally confused LOL
We just heard him tell the teacher she is great at life skills and not vocational skills.
Why would they put her in vocational? Maybe they are just now seeing how impossible is, and next year she goes back to the old program. ??
I do not ever see her being able to understand commerce. She may get used to handing over a debit card, but she will never understand cost, prices, change, etc. JMO

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We just heard him tell the teacher she is great at life skills and not vocational skills.
Why would they put her in vocational? Maybe they are just now seeing how impossible is, and next year she goes back to the old program. ??
I do not ever see her being able to understand commerce. She may get used to handing over a debit card, but she will never understand cost, prices, change, etc. JMO
Exactly.
And in the meantime people are making money off of this horseshit.
Taxpayers are being robbed.
Where is the accountability?

Reactions: 9
And if I remember correctly, they said when Abbie goes to the convenience store, she doesn’t understand about paying for items. They said she thinks it’s just hers for the taking. Also, about the teeth brushing routine yesterday, did anyone notice she just stood there and waited for Asa to prompt her. She didn’t make a move without his input. I really wonder about her future.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
when I worked at a day program, we knew the clients strengths and weaknesses. Clients knew how to pick out their rewards but, for the most part, staff would handle money transactions. Now we did have some vey high functioning autistics who could complete their own transactions from start to finish. There’s no way Abbie will ever complete a transaction on her own. At least parents I worked with knew their childs abilities and they were ok with that

i don’t ever recall a parent wanting to push their child into doing more than that parent knew their child was capable of doing

Reactions: 13
Oh okay. I thought they were just talking about just the sugar and water 💕
The feeders are usually always red, and that is supposed to be enough to attract them.

And if I remember correctly, they said when Abbie goes to the convenience store, she doesn’t understand about paying for items. They said she thinks it’s just hers for the taking. Also, about the teeth brushing routine yesterday, did anyone notice she just stood there and waited for Asa to prompt her. She didn’t make a move without his input. I really wonder about her future.
I wonder if because Asshole prompts her for everything she does, she thinks she is supposed to wait for his prompt even though she knows what to do some of the time? She looked right at that toothpaste drawer, and then looked at him like "ok...prompt me".

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
when I worked at a day program, we knew the clients strengths and weaknesses. Clients knew how to pick out their rewards but, for the most part, staff would handle money transactions. Now we did have some vey high functioning autistics who could complete their own transactions from start to finish. There’s no way Abbie will ever complete a transaction on her own. At least parents I worked with knew their childs abilities and they were ok with that

i don’t ever recall a parent wanting to push their child into doing more than that parent knew their child was capable of doing
I really don't get them being so unclear on what she is capable of. I may push my brother beyond what is comfortable to avoid a greater discomfort, but I know and have known what he can and can't do since I was a kid. A's blog was so clear and the early vlogs weren't as delusional as the ones they show now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It makes me sad for Abbie. They have no idea of what she was even doing in school. They thought it was "So stinkin' cute!" at the beginning of the year when they had to get Abbie a purse and a debit card because she was going to learn about money. Now here we are, two weeks away from years end and we hear them talking to her teacher and saying they havent worked on money because they "didnt know how the school did it..."
Excuse my french, but what in the entire duck is wrong with them? Helicopter Parents from hell when it comes to Isaiah's education, but they didnt know what Abbie was working on, and even after 6 weeks of home school, NEVER ASKED. No wonder Abbie isnt very successful even with simple matters. They want to talk the talk, but dont want to waste time away from their "platforms" to walk the walk. They just do everything for her and try to pretend shes progressed and hope no one notices.
Preach it girl!! 👍🏻🤚🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My gosh, she is so damn loud. They keep talking about summer break for Abbie, does that mean no more life skills? The little school crap that they do with her should be done regardless if she is physically going to JSA, a weekend, or any sort of break. Abiie NEEDS life skills every day no matter what!!! I remember from long ago when Asshole would brag about being late to JSA. He would say that it's because of life skills, but in other blogs, he has made it clear he does all of Abbie's morning routine because Abbie takes too long. This family lies so damn much it is unclear their truth, except for I see no progress. Also, notice how they show the food but not show the big pigs plate anymore?
Yes to all your points.
And a huge YES about big Prilly's plate.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The crying is making me nauseous...first of all her face ( I know we all look alil funny when we cry, but some more then others) it looks like she’s gonna lose is....and how awkward when she said “and we didn’t screw you up” Isaiah couldn’t even lie! Did u see P’s expression when no one came to her rescue? Then A tells her to “get yourself together” no love for P today, ok going back to it, I stopped it to comment lol

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.