Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RocketQueen

VIP Member
I hope the best for Isiah. He has grown up in that household and doesn’t know any other way of life. Daddy suddenly got money filming their family on YouTube. Isiah stepped up and played his part. He learned his lines and stepped up to his marker. I’m sure the swim scenes in the pool are for the humpers. Good job Isiah.
I keep hoping that as Isaiah grows and fully leaves the nest he will get proper counseling. He needs it desperately. His whole life has revolved around Abbie. He has been Asa's little puppet/ mouthpiece for years. Everything is about autism and awareness. Nothing is ever his own. And someday, someone will ask him the right question and the dam will break. If I had the chance to work with him I wouldnt ask him things like "What do you want people to know about Abbie?" Or "What does autism awareness mean?" I'd ask point blank "How has growing up with Abbie affected you?"
I dont think anyones asked him, because in their world Abbie is the sun they all orbit around. When he matures he will see a lot of things differently. I hope it will be manageable for him. :confused:

Reactions: 14

Kermy

VIP Member
A&P have tried noise cancelling headphones before. Abbie won't wear them. Along with sunglasses. She doesn't tolerate wearing things on her head or face. They have taught her to keep items like that on only if they do a countdown for 10 seconds after which she immediately takes them off.
They have brought a chewy toy out with her a few times and that does seem to help some of the time.

Asa has said he doesn't bother teaching her signs that involve emotion, mood, or thoughts because Abbie doesn't understand those in terms of signing. He says she does better with tangible things.
I would say the closest signs she has for wanting to be left alone are 'bathroom', 'break', or ''all done''.
Brandi taught her the sign for "stop", but I haven't seen Abbie really use it on her own.
We do see Abbie shake her head 'no' a lot but Asa usually just tells her yes and goes ahead anyway.
Just found this article surfing around
In it is the following

"Now, Abigail, 12, can use some sign language to communicate, especially about her feelings. "

So basically just another thing they never followed through with

• Wow
  • Heart

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
And the grad sign w/ his cheesy ass face & button down looks political or a realtor sign. Ssscilla...it’s ok to keep sssome thingsss personal or for family.
Yes! Most of the signs in our area, just either have the school name (saying a Grad lives there), or maybe has their name on the sign.. I haven’t seen one sign, that has their face on them...
Oh and for people in other countries, this is a big thing now, throughout our areas in the US. Some sign companies are doing them for free even for the graduates but not to this scale. Personally, I wouldn’t even want my child’s name on the sign, much less their face..

• Heart

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
If all of a sudden a switch was turned on and Abbie began to type. Her first sentence: "Dad...please shut the fuck up"

or on a sadder note: "Please listen to me":(

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

KateK

VIP Member
I don’t understand the point of the keto diet. No wonder they’re not losing weight (from what I can see). It seems like their dinners consist of fatty meat cooked in a crockpot with potatoes and creamy cheese sauce, with two pieces of lettuce smothered in dressing as a salad.
that isn’t keto if eating potato’s and bread. Keto is very low carb. When I was on keto I ate mostly non starchy veggies and a normal portion of protein.

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
I found myself saying "calm down Asa, you on meth?" I forgot I was watching at fast speed. :ROFLMAO:

They could have gotten the word that if school resumes in the fall kids must be able to wear a mask and wash hands correctly. Asa seemed more adamant about her doing this than most things.

Dang...I cooked cabbage, onions and apples today in balsamic vinegar, it was delicious. But...I walked outside and came back in to the House of Fart. My whole house smelled like farts, like a rotten fart pushed through an onion. 😩

• Haha
  • Wow

lovesis

VIP Member
Regarding the lawsuit, it all goes back to the fact that they expect everyone else but themselves to teach and cater to Abbie actual needs.

• Heart

Pink Marshmallow

VIP Member
This is actually why I've never had too much of a problem with Brandi. Am I thrilled that she practices ABA? No, but at least she modifies it in some capacity by trying to phase out the prompting. I mean, hey, it's great if your child can "learn" how to do a task with you constantly directing their motions and backseat driving, but it would be nice if they could at least do some steps on their own.

Abbie IS actually capable of doing this. I've noticed especially with grabbing a glass or bowl to get water or something - she knows what she's doing. Until Asa butts in because she's not doing it the "right" way and she gets confused.
Yes, there are some tasks she can do without prompting which is definitely a good thing. But then Asa... it's like he just can't stop himself.. he needlessly complicates things and as you said confuses her by making her stop in the middle of a task that she is actually doing correctly, makes her re-do it (put the item back and then do it again)... just giving her commands that totally throw her off.

Or like that one time a cpl weeks ago where he made her stop mid task to say thank you. Followed by him saying that it's kinda dumb to teach her thank you because she doesn't understand what it means and it's not a tangible thing that she can actually use. Ugh.

• Sad
  • Heart

whatamidoinghere

I assumed it was close by because they talked about moving him to college in 3 mos. They sound sure of themselves! I guess it shouldn’t surprise anyone because they were still on their multi-city vacay last March. Based on what you’ve been hearing, it probably is best for him to enroll near home & take online classes. I know they can’t wait to get “all the [App-State] things,” but they need to wake up & realize those days are over.
he already has like a closet full of app state clothing he's in too deep to turn back lol

• Haha

RocketQueen

VIP Member
omg you guys P is hip 😂😂😂😂😂 pppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff is all i have to say about that LOL cringey yes.....HIP absolutely NOT
Yep, and Asa too. Because he rides a scooter. And he says "Dope".
Well, theres your sign Asa.
Kids dont say dope anymore.

• Haha

Baymaus

Chatty Member
Can anyone tell me why we waste our time watching and listening to that Furry Faced Fat Fool babbling on and on trying to convince us he is intelligent and knowledgeable about autism, birds, dogs, parenthood, etc.? Because there are lots of other things a lot more entertaining or uplifting to do.
I don't anymore. If I can stomach King Knowitall, I watch the "highlights" pointed out here. This weekend I had stuff to do getting my brother back in his home and didn't watch the vlog or come here at all. I missed coming here. I didn't miss the vlog at all.

Edited to fix typos.

Last edited:
  • Heart

BloodyMermaid

Some pointed this out long ago, but who ever takes any facial product & rub it vigorously into their hands first, then attacks their face with their hands...rubbing & pulling! It’s like watching her apply soap that needs suds’ing up first & onto a basketball (her face). So turned off by the brand watching her. Any healthy & classy ‘Lamelife’ women not connected to her team must be cringing so hard & embarrassed!

She can’t apply lipstick correctly you think she know’s anything about facial products. 🤣

• Haha