Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noir Fan

VIP Member
My mom sang with the Dorsey Brothers in the 1940's so grew up with big band music all the time...I love that type music. My niece likes "oldies" music from the 70's and 80's, I keep reminding her that it's not oldies to all people 🙄🤣
Wow!

Reactions: 2
Do you know what's just absolutely disgusting? Is A and P always calling crap, Ab's things? That's Ab's pool (like in the recent vlog), this is Ab's house, that's Ab's clown car. Ab gets all the things
Exactly, this is why her eyes look so different from the early days when she still had bright eyes. Today her eyes represent someone deeply medicated out of their minds.
Abbie takes seroquel, right? Seroquel really knocked me for a loop the couple years I was on it and I've heard similar experiences from a lot of others. That shit made it hard for me to even hear my own thoughts, let alone learn or concentrate on things going on around me.

Juicy Lucy

Yes
You know Almighty Asa would have a rage fit when JSA tries to tell them that Abbie can't be in that program. I can just hear him shouting: "It's a program for autistic people!!! She has autism - where is the problem??!"
I don't know what it's like in the US but I saw a documentary on YT about a young man in Australia (or maybe New Zealand) with severe autism and IDD who had to be taken out of the home due to his very bad temper and physical violence and appeared to be at least moderately IDD as well. He was placed in a care home where he had someone with him pretty much round the clock and it seemed to work pretty well. Not that things went perfectly, but there were no major incidents. Obviously I know that every individual is different but I think something like that could work for Abbie.
I still feel that a lot of what is holding her back is A&P and how they handle or fail to handle her. I think if she were in an environment with people who actually knew what they were doing, were patient and firm, were consistent and followed through, didn't give in to tantrums, and knew how to work with Abbie, get her on a schedule & routine and keep it like that - she could definitely improve.
I don't think Abbie is a lost cause with no hope. Yes there is a lot that is stacked against her, but I still don't think she should be given up on.
[/QUO
Yup! Abbie needs to be in a group home. For her own safety and others.

SunnyDale

VIP Member
That cat totally creeps me out, his wife as well. I know they are popular but I get major heebie jeebies from watching him.

I believe he is. He isn't going to let that go, I wouldn't. He has someone investigating who ever that was. He has to get some major security in that house ASAP! I would be terrified.
Did anyone post the creepy comments that were made? Maybe I missed it.

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
If I recall he would spend a few weeks in NC with his grandparents in the summer but something about this summer he wasn’t since A and P wanted to spend time with him before he went off to college.
Actually I meant to hit them up for help with his tuition for App State.

derr1117

VIP Member
I agree. I don’t see the point of it as the next time she does the task she has forgotten how to do it. Someone once suggested that she could maybe fill salt pots or something similar as a little job but to be fair that would require a person to stand over her and with Abbie’s lack of concentration it would not be feasible. As a side note to this there is also all the boogers to consider.
I was a job coach for autistic kids and adults. my company believed that those like abbie could do anything

Kermy

VIP Member
I’m quite certain all concerts of any kind will be canceled for the rest of the year, I know in NJ they will
Musikfest in Bethlehem PA hasn't cancelled yet for August but doesn't look hopeful. PNC center in NJ is being optimistic and selling tkts for August but doubt those concerts will happen
But hey at least golf courses are open 🙄

Maidengirl

VIP Member
Hey, I was wondering if you guys could explain this to me because I think I'm missing something:

Some time ago, YT took away comment sections from channels that featured underaged persons, right? SBSK got their comment section shut down, along with some family blogging channels, etc.

Since Abbie is a child and is shown in every video, why was FA comment section left open? I'm not understanding the logic on YT's part.

MarySusan59

Party starts at 16:00 minutes in. Dang, half a cupcake in one bite. Cilla is an idiot she'd be better off cutting it into quarters and letting Abbie feed herself. And Cilla the great chef suggests using applesauce instead of eggs in the cupcake mix. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: Asa said that it was so cool to watch the class ice their own cupcakes. Abbie can't because she has no self control. I was watching her violent rocking at 12:15, her poor brain being slammed around like that can't be good.
I think her violent rocking is one of the reasons she seems hunched over now and her neck seems hunched over as well.

Shell_Bell

Hi everyone! :)
So today Asa announces Abbie just keeps getting naked in the pool. But Asa is ok with it, its "her" pool. No. Just freaking no. I do not care if she is unaware of social norms- that idiot is, and it is not "ok" in any way shape or form to sit around while your 15 yr old daughter swims naked. Its not the same as taking a bath or shower. Its not ok to do in front of her brother and "bestie". He did have her in the wet suit, but he seemed almost bummed about it. And that takes my creeper scale up a notch.
I know I'm going back a while but just catching up and wante to play devils advocate on this, I grew up with an inground heated pool in our backyard, out in the country and well into the woods. Often when it rained or it was a particularly hot night my family and I would go skinny dipping in it, it was dark (other than the underwater light) there's no possible way anyone outside of the 4 of us could see and it just didn't make sense to put swimsuits on and get em all wet late at night. I never thought anything of it, but I remember it coming up in passing and my friends thinking it was gross but honestly I never cared, none of us cared, we just liked to lay in the water and watch the rain or cool off or just have a quick dip for fun. No big deal in my opinion at least.

cucumber

VIP Member
That is my whole issue. If Isaiah doesn’t live there, A&P are gone, there is no way Isaiah can just hire workers... The workers don’t get overtime and I can guarantee when 5pm hits and then night nurse doesn’t show up, the other worker will be out the door.. What happens to Abbie then? Left alone, whole house to herself, and if Isaiah is in a different state?
If others don’t think this happens, it literally happens every day of the week. Florida pays like my state and they are one of the lowest in the US. They cannot pay for 1 permanent long term, 24/7 worker. They will need to hire multiple workers that rotate in and out of the house...
Now, if they could get someone like Dummer to do it with the life insurance policy, maybe she would but what happens when Dummer needs a break? What happens if Dummer was to get sick or injured? or the worse, was to die before Abbie?
They have a lawyer’s office that has written up some hung-dinger of a estate planning paperwork but the actual realization of it working is absolutely not going to work. The state would step in very quickly and remove Abbie from the home, when they find she cannot be cared for by a relative..

PS. I have had these talks with several lawyers and some know and will give their clients the honest truth. Some don’t have a clue and will write up anything the client says. Others know it won’t happen but they will just write it up anyway because they are getting paid and what does it matter, it is estate planning and they will be dead before they find out it won’t work...
No way in cold hell am I defending these people. But I remember them saying their lawyer was someone who specializes in just the type of cases for a "disabled" child or he

Maidengirl

VIP Member
From what I’ve seen- that has been really selective and random in its occurrences. I just think FA hasn’t had enough traction yet to get the hammer.
If you look at their view count on their vids- it’s actually relatively low compared to other channels with around 500k subs (I think this is mainly because there are a few hundred thousand people that *used* to be interested, but no longer watch. Also, posting daily leaves less desired than weekly, monthly, etc).

I just don’t think Asa’s channel has the pull he claims to have in order for YT or Facebook to direct its attention.

Just my thoughts on it.

edit: now, maybe with what’s been happening this week with the influx of inappropriate and demeaning comments, they might inadvertently bring that attention, especially since many were quick to attempt to report that one series of disgusting comments.

Oops! Tagged to wrong comment!

Reactions: 1