Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mother2

Chatty Member
Just going to weigh in again about the ER etc conversation. Alot of areas in the US do not have professional paramedics, they are volunteer with enough training to get you to a hospital and maybe if you're lucky have someone who can start an IV for meds otherwise they call medivac for something more serious. TBH A &P would have to bring her to ER themselves if the system is volunteer where they are
Once there she would need sedation before she even walked in the door not because she is IDD but because she could hurt herself more and other people.
Nowhere did I read in any statement from any poster that said NO NO NO treatment for Abbie unless I'm missing something.
I've been in the ER 3 times in 6 days and noone was turned away.
At this point it's beating a dead horse, again my disclaimer, just my opinion so feel free to disagree I won't be upset
Thank you. No, I never said she shouldn't receive treatment. My comment was the only comment that I even spoke about the topic in. (So, your not missing anything, that was it.) I'm not really sure why folks are attempting to twist the meaning of the comment. There was no hidden meaning behind it. I have never said she doesn't deserve medical treatment. Thank you, my friend.

Reactions: 3
Think of it this way. Less gov’t is good. It is very difficult to get non-profit status, etc. Anyone can hashtag anything & do crowd fundraising. They are still small fish in a big pond so to speak. Long story short, they aren’t a CHARITY.

They should be registered as a charitable organization but there is no record if it.
I don't understand how you believe they aren't running one.
They solicit donations from around the world and claim to give to the homeless.
Sounds like they are running something to me.
Maybe it's just a scam?
They give it a name.
They give the impression they are being good stewards of the cash sent to them, but...
They do this with zero accountability.
I am so confused.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

cucumber

VIP Member
Look at her face!!
And the size of it!
😄😄😄
I could do this all day.
I'd rather be compiling video clips.
I gotta ask the googles how to do it.
With all this time on my hands, I really should do something productive!!
If my video works out, it will be indisputable evidence that we are 100% right in our observations and they suck as humans and parents.
IMO.
😁
Hahahaha the sheer size of her face...I am officially all by myself LOL-ing

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Noir Fan

VIP Member
No, it is NOT a USA thing at all. It is just something a few members on here believe should be done and it is nonsense.

Of course she has had blood work done she goes to Dr regularly and gets depo shot every 3 months I think.

I will say someone is wrong if their "opinion" comes from ignorance and/or making things up because you have "feelings" about someone. Making things up to suit your agenda makes ya look stooopid and makes the whole site look bad.

If that's what THEY do is lie and exaggerate...then why would people on this forum want to do that as well? I don't get it.

Nope, nope and nope. Paramedics can restrain in their ambulance. No Dr is going to automatically sedate someone because they are IDD, scared of fighting. No DR is going to go outside and sedate someone either. She would be papoosed and then find out what is wrong, then sedated AFTER talking to caregivers about what meds she is on. STOP with the total mis information. Look up requirements for being a Paramedic or EMT, I am sorry but you are dead wrong.

You guys are fucking killing me this morning.
You are one tough “broad”. Lol! 😎 I am anything but.

• Heart

WoahThatsCrazy

Chatty Member
To, @WoahThatsCrazy,

Well absoutlely not, I don't want to cause division or anything, etc x And your last sentence, yes, that's correct, but sadly, there are many ablest people out there in the word who love to make fun of disabled people and discriminate and not give out resources :(x

I agree that there are many people who do those things, but it seemed like you were directing this at the ppl who comment on here as if most of us are guilty of doing this. If you meant it in more of a broad or general sense, then I can understand that more.

I'd have to refresh my memory, but I believe you said that people told Abbie 'hands waiting' while doing tasks so that she'd concentrate better? Please feel free to remind me, I don't want to be mistaken :)

Yes, I mentioned the "hands-waiting" gesture. But I meant it as a way of getting her attention and letting her know that they'd like her to do something. I know that it can be used in the wrong way and in a more restrictive/controlling way and that it has the potential to be used abusively. My point was just that I don't think 'hands waiting' is a bad thing all together. If she's getting really worked up about something and it's escalating, hands waiting can be used to try to intervene. If an NT kid was having a really hard time with something, of course you want to find out why and to do what you can to help, but when the energy is building and building you might try something to stop it from becoming frantic and out of control. I don't mean this as a way to make things more convenient for the parent, but more so to help the person who is becoming overwhelmed.
These are just my thoughts on it. I don't claim to be an expert.

I agree that there are still many misconceptions and misunderstandings that NT people have when it comes to autism and other conditions and I agree that people should be called out on it if it necessary. My point is that there are some of us NT people who are genuinely trying to understand and who are open to being educated and it's a bit confusing and frustrating to just be lumped in with the neurotypical bias/ablest people.

Some ppl feel that Abbie is as far as she's going to get and that there's nothing going on upstairs. While I don't think Abbie is greatly more intelligent, aware etc than what we see, I do think she is still capable of more. That she isn't a total lost cause that shouldn't even be bothered with. I think there's a lot more she can do - but it would require her parents to put in a lot more time, effort, and consistency for her to make that progress.
Well said, thank you for your reply x

Jamiebeth

VIP Member
You know, I was watching some older vlogs this morning and I am noticing that when Asa uses a more stern tone with Abigail, she doesn't do that unnecessary "fussing" shit and gets whatever the task is that is being asked of her, done rather quickly. I wonder why they don't just do that all the time? Like, if they are asking her to get her backpack unpacked and put her things away and she starts in with the bullshit, just say," Stop it!! Get your things out now!!"?? I see no harm in raising one's voice to be stern with someone who needs to be done that way. I'm not saying talk to her like that all the time but, just when needed???
Totally agree!

I was scanning the comments and noticed some suggested they send money to charity's instead because they probably don't have room for all the stuff sent to them...that comment got deleted almost immediately. By the time I went back to take a screenshot of it, it was gone! It wasn't even rude or mean,in fact it was quite nice.
However THIS Has been up for 10 hours! 😂

Mother2

Chatty Member
We can agree to disagree. My (then)23 month old grandson nearly died from spinal meningitis in Jan. In between convulsing from fever he was scared, combative and unmanageable. The nurses had to get lines in. There was no time for papoosing or gentle touch. He was held firmly and sedated. What could he have communicated to them anyway at 23 months old? Onset of symptoms? What could a non- verbal Abbie communicate in a real medical emergency? Im glad they didnt pussy foot around. He was life-flighted out of our local ER not 25 minutes later. My analogy of my childs immunizations was simply, if something needs done, do it. But for you to compare a broken tooth in a dental office to a medical emergency in an ER? Not even close.
And Abbie must not being having too much blood drawn, since Brandis whole focus before the virus started was desensitizing Abbie to having a tourniquet put on her arm, rubbing the alcohol pad, showing her the needle, etc.
Great post!! (I edited it bc, I read it back to myself after it posted and it didn't really make any sense. I'm horrible at proofreading my own shit!)

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
Abby should be swaddled like thay in a towel to get her teeth brushed. What she is doing now is barely even touching them.

Thats great!

How do you swaddle someone that weighs over 100 pounds and fights you? I am trying to picture it but can't.