Fathering Autism #2 Selling autism, gluttonous lifestyle, and pyramid schemes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Priscilla just can’t be upstaged. If Brandy is asking Abbie what cookie she wants, let her do it....quit interrupting and confusing her.

Reactions: 7
I love Pricilla's grilled cheese, I make it that way all the time now. The one with mayo instead of butter on the outside, either Muenster or Fontina cheese and red pepper jelly, it's delicious.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hahaha, I think it sounded more like "no Mom!" :LOL: Seriously, check it out.

Does Abbie get any speech therapy at all anymore? I watched one of their videos from 2018 (Nonverbal Autism - Speech Language Pathology) about working hard to get her to make simple sounds and very basic words. It seems like they've just about given up on that now.
I just posted that video back on page 40. Aside from that video, I don't think they've really mentioned anything about speech therapy. Who knows, maybe the speech pathologist was asking them to do some homework w. Abbie and they just couldn't be bothered to keep up with it. Just like they can't be bothered to engage with her and actually talk TO her more.
Even with her sensory toys & regular toys. There have been a couple videos where P tries to claim that Abbie isn't interested in those things anymore because she's 14 years old now. Yet, at Christmas time, when doing gift shopping, Abbie lit up seeing all the toys which were geared towards probably 3 - 6 year old kids. Part of me feels like in keeping with the theme of putting in minimal effort with Abbie, it's easier for them to just have her rocking on the couch listening to music rather than sitting with her and playing with a toy or sensory thing.

I think they completely stopped. They stated in a past video that Abbie will never talk becauseher brain cannot formulate the sounds and mouth formations to make the words, so it was suggested by the SLP to stop. The SLP was coming to their house (at the old house)..
Again, this is where I believe it was changed. I think the SLP probably told them that unless they work daily with her, usually assigned homework, then there was no reason to continue because she wouldn’t learn.
You can take a child to therapy or have a therapist come to your house weekly or even bi-weekly, but UNLESS the parents put in the work daily with the child, the therapy is useless...
I remember in the speech pathologist video, Asa asked the therapist: "Will Abbie ever talk?"... the therapist didn't answer right away and from the expression on her face, I would have said the answer is no. She hesitates and says, slowly, "So my token response to this is: I know I look like an angel but, I'm not god. Um... I wouldn't be in this field and I wouldn't be working as hard as I am if I didn't believe that there's a possibility. And I wouldn't be giving parents that hope and that dream if I didn't believe it. Do I see progress from when we started? I do! She couldn't blow a horn when we started.....(talks about motor planning to make words).... So, do I know? No. Nobody does. So, we're just going to keep working to see what her future holds."
I couldn't help but feel by her facial expressions, the long drawn out way she was saying these things that in truth she does not think it's very likely that Abbie will ever be verbal. Even tho she made a statement to the contrary, I think she is (or was) giving A & P false hope about Abbie being able to talk some day. Maybe she felt like she couldn't tell them the truth because that would be hurtful or she didn't want a confrontation. Who knows? This is all purely my speculation, of course.

Reactions: 5
I remember in the speech pathologist video, Asa asked the therapist: "Will Abbie ever talk?"... the therapist didn't answer right away and from the expression on her face, I would have said the answer is no. She hesitates and says, slowly, "So my token response to this is: I know I look like an angel but, I'm not god. Um... I wouldn't be in this field and I wouldn't be working as hard as I am if I didn't believe that there's a possibility. And I wouldn't be giving parents that hope and that dream if I didn't believe it. Do I see progress from when we started? I do! She couldn't blow a horn when we started.....(talks about motor planning to make words).... So, do I know? No. Nobody does. So, we're just going to keep working to see what her future holds."
I couldn't help but feel by her facial expressions, the long drawn out way she was saying these things that in truth she does not think it's very likely that Abbie will ever be verbal. Even tho she made a statement to the contrary, I think she is (or was) giving A & P false hope about Abbie being able to talk some day. Maybe she felt like she couldn't tell them the truth because that would be hurtful or she didn't want a confrontation. Who knows? This is all purely my speculation, of course.
My other thought is A was filming her. Imagine what he could have done with footage of her saying that a child she has been working with for X amount of time won't talk. I mean, this is the same family who sued the school district when she didn't make progress.

Reactions: 6
Abi is going to be the size of a house with all the sweet treats she has. I don’t know why he has Brandi coming to the house as he obviously knows much better. He constantly interrupts when she is dealing with abi. He is so full of himself on tonight’s vlog .

Reactions: 9
Abi is going to be the size of a house with all the sweet treats she has. I don’t know why he has Brandi coming to the house as he obviously knows much better. He constantly interrupts when she is dealing with abi. He is so full of himself on tonight’s vlog .
I watched because Brandi was in it. Silly me thinking she'd get a chance to really talk.

Between the neglect in the early formative years (left in the back of a motorcycle repair shop with a 7 or 8 year old as a primary care giver 5 days a week) and the lack of engagement with her since - and now, it's a miracle that Abbie can even do the things she does. IMO.

My other thought is A was filming her. Imagine what he could have done with footage of her saying that a child she has been working with for X amount of time won't talk. I mean, this is the same family who sued the school district when she didn't make progress.
That is a very good point. That probably had a lot to do with it.

Reactions: 3
Something I learned when I took child psych courses: It can be super distracting to children when they are working on a task and you interrupt them with praise. Since Abbie is mentally very young, I think the same is probably true for her. When they are doing a task like ordering at the cookie shop, she is WORKING. That is her job and her workplace and they are focusing on the task at hand. When you praise her and have them stop to aknowledge it, that interrupts their flow. How would you feel if you were at work and your boss was constantly over your shoulder yelling "good job!" every time you completed a task you were supposed to do?

Reactions: 10
Why oh why did they let her sit in that cookie shop with bare feet? Not one of them tried to rectify that. So unsanitary.

• Sick
Why oh why did they let her sit in that cookie shop with bare feet? Not one of them tried to rectify that. So unsanitary.
It's so unsafe. It's inappropriate undressing and they need to find some shoes she can't take off. It's socially super not okay and she's going to get hurt someday.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Keeping her feet covered in restaurants should be one task they prioritize and work on as it appears to be a constant issue.

Reactions: 11
It's so unsafe. It's inappropriate undressing and they need to find some shoes she can't take off. It's socially super not okay and she's going to get hurt someday.
They purposefully buy her those kind of shoes. She takes them off when she gets in vehicles and we know that both hambeasts are too lazy to take the time to put shoes on her. IMO.
So...the answer is...as always...lazy ass parents. IMO.

i Would suggest some Egyptian sandals or some kind of footwear that she can’t take off to change that behavior. I still say she understands more than they give her credit for.

Ps maybe if they Tried some sneakers and double knotted them it would be much more difficult to take them off in public

And who is this Casey stickle? Could it be one of their dummy accounts I’m starting to wonder at 11:11 of today’s video someone commented it sounded like Abby said I give up I went back to that video replayed it three times and it most certainly said that yet this Casey girl says that’s just one of her sounds. Wow

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
i Would suggest some Egyptian sandals or some kind of footwear that she can’t take off to change that behavior. I still say she understands more than they give her credit for.

Ps maybe if they Tried some sneakers and double knotted them it would be much more difficult to take them off in public
Great ideas but the hambeasts will. not. do. it.
They are lazy!!!
IMO.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.