Fathering Autism #2 Selling autism, gluttonous lifestyle, and pyramid schemes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Acceptance is defined as “the action or process of being received as adequate or suitable, typically to be admitted into a group.”
I don’t know of any individual or group that would find it acceptable to start screaming non-stop, for no reason, while grabbing and pinching others, while trying to steal food of their plates..
P needs to wake the crap up.
I guess this goes back to a lot of parenting that they haven’t done. They rarely tell Abbie no and when they do, it is hardly ever enforced or folllowed through.. Abbie knows a lot of right or wrongs and you can tell when she knows she is going to get in trouble but grins (very small infants/toddlers do the same thing, when testing their parents boundaries). Sadly, her parents don’t even discipline her though and if they ever have, it was all for the vlogs..

Oh and you can only imagine the backlash she will get from her empowering Momma’a group through her company. I wonder if she will be kicked to the side or if they will just talk about it behind her back constantly..
I am so thankful for you and everyone here who can state so eloquently what I try to but I am unable to sometimes.
😍

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
P & A confuse acceptance with approval. I accept that they aren't able or won't work with Abbie so she can learn what is more acceptable in a public setting. I also accept that they believe that it is okay for her to go anywhere with them even if her behavior will be disruptive.
I don't approve of it. My brother has a hard time modulating his voice. So he doesn't ever go with us to quiet restaurants. People aren't unaware or unaccepting for wanting to go out and have a meal in peace. Most of the time I am in the same boat.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Already 7 likes on my comment about the hidden child. Hope that those fans finally realise this family is crazy and lying.

• Heart
P & A confuse acceptance with approval. I accept that they aren't able or won't work with Abbie so she can learn what is more acceptable in a public setting. I also accept that they believe that it is okay for her to go anywhere with them even if her behavior will be disruptive.
I don't approve of it. My brother has a hard time modulating his voice. So he doesn't ever go with us to quiet restaurants. People aren't unaware or unaccepting for wanting to go out and have a meal in peace. Most of the time I am in the same boat.
Amen to that. On the rare occasion that me and my husband can afford to go out for a meal we want to enjoy a nice relaxing meal. It is selfish for people like them to bring a child to a setting where they might cause disruption. He would say Abigail is entitled to go but by the same token we are entitled to the evening we have saved for.

• Heart
I’ve often questioned their decision on moving into a neighborhood w/ homes in close proximity when their daughter’s favorite stem is aggressively yelling. I feel for the neighbors. Personally, I wouldn’t do that. I’d find a house w/ enough of a land buffer between us. And apparently, Abbie knows how to surpress that stem. So why haven’t they nipped it in the bud years ago when in the car & on the way to get a treat? Withhold the treats. Priss recently said the yelling stem hurts their ears. So do whatever they can to make it stop.

Forgot to mention a while back that she was suddenly & oddly behaved for that mermaid show & another event, I forget. I suspected meds helped her stay in her seat & not freak out.

Someone asked why they use terms like “Autisic people”

Really? Because he has admitted to using the word autistic so ppl can find his videos. (Basically, anyone looking to laugh at “autistic” ppl, sadly, like teens who call eachother that word).

Reactions: 3
I’ve often questioned their decision on moving into a neighborhood w/ homes in close proximity when their daughter’s favorite stem is aggressively yelling. I feel for the neighbors. Personally, I wouldn’t do that. I’d find a house w/ enough of a land buffer between us. And apparently, Abbie knows how to surpress that stem. So why haven’t they nipped it in the bud years ago when in the car & on the way to get a treat? Withhold the treats. Priss recently said the yelling stem hurts their ears. So do whatever they can to make it stop.

Forgot to mention a while back that she was suddenly & oddly behaved for that mermaid show & another event, I forget. I suspected meds helped her stay in her seat & not freak out.

Really? Because he has admitted to using the word autistic so ppl can find his videos. (Basically, anyone looking to laugh at “autistic” ppl, sadly, like teens who call eachother that word).
Your entire channel is focused on autism awareness yet you can't be bothered to not use dehumanizing language okay lol

They have bigger things to focus their time on than people first language? People first language is critically important in order to maintain an environment of dignity and respect. I am appalled by her response.

Reactions: 6
s
Your entire channel is focused on autism awareness yet you can't be bothered to not use dehumanizing language okay lol
Oh my goodness yes!!! The first thing anyone should do, when raising awareness, is to make sure you don't offend the population that you are trying to help...🤦‍♀️

I was looking through the thumbnails and this one REALLY caught my attention. 😆😆
Ironic, isn't it? Ha!
HEY!!! He already has a thumbnail made!! Maybe he will reuse it and have the appropriate content for the video now!!

Reactions: 7
s

Oh my goodness yes!!! The first thing anyone should do, when raising awareness, is to make sure you don't offend the population that you are trying to help...🤦‍♀️
It would be understandable if they were like "WE choose to use this language because it's what works for us, but the standard is blah blah blah and that's okay. It's different for everyone"

But NOPE! It's just words! Yeah, the R-slur is "just words" too Asa, but we don't use it. He REFUSES to see the difference between what works for him and what works for other families. He really thinks he is the one and only representative of what autism is.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It would be understandable if they were like "WE choose to use this language because it's what works for us, but the standard is blah blah blah and that's okay. It's different for everyone"

But NOPE! It's just words! Yeah, the R-slur is "just words" too Asa, but we don't use it. He REFUSES to see the difference between what works for him and what works for other families. He really thinks he is the one and only representative of what autism is.
Yep. My brother is way more than an "autistic." He is amazingly gifted in some areas, loves to read, is a movie buff, can tell you (in liters) how much beer was served last year at his favorite theme park, as well as being a total PITA at times. I don't really even like saying he is autistic, although I slip up and say that. He has autism.

I am just not up to going back over old vlogs.... I do recall Abbie's new teacher explaining that some stims are socially disruptive. Like in a workplace. I take from that that independence would mean suppressing some stims.
That house is just wrong for Abbie on so many levels. They have to say it is for her so they can go on exploiting her.

They have bigger things to focus their time on than people first language? People first language is critically important in order to maintain an environment of dignity and respect. I am appalled by her response.
Oh yeah. They have bigger things allright...😆😆
Like figuring where to spend money next and how to boast about it in their autism awareness vlogs. 😆
Oh...and then there's figuring out how to deal with the issues surrounding the 16 year old skeleton that fell out tha closet. 😆
Yup. They got bigger things to focus their time on. For sure!

Asa and Priss....if you're reading this (we know you are) you guys really REALLY need to work on your interaction with people. YOU are the ones insisting that you're an "Autism awareness" channel and not just some family vloggers. YOU are the ones that campaign for health awards. YOU put the responsibility to educate on yourselves, nobody else did that.

You are so passive aggressive and mean spirited. I'm not even talking about people who are rude/combative with you guys. I'm talking about well-meaning folks in the comments who ask real questions or don't say things quite right for you. You're so snippy and dismissive. So what is it? Are you an education channel or not? Because the way you handle yourselves is unprofessional and lacks ANY of the grace you expect other to heap upon your family.

• Heart
Their fans must be watching this thread in their droves about the recent scandals. If they are, I hope that instead of being defensive, they can just say that they made an error of judgement and join us here. We wouldn't shame or make fun of anyone who is/was a supporter- please if you were/are a fan and this recent news about Asa Maass has shocked you, please join us here where you will be more than welcome. These people are cunning opportunists and are not what they seem- there is no shame in admitting that you were wrong and got fooled by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just to reiterate, while it's obvious this was an affair baby (The dates on the paperwork specify conception and it lines up with when Isaiah was 18months old), nobody would really care that much nor judge if it had been owned up to or acknowledged in any way, as compared with the "I'm just a good man who did the right thing and married my baby mama", it's dishonest as a lying by omission is lying. A lot of things make a lot more sense in this context, it's just so sad and pathetic he/they have been doing these RolePlay's for so long.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Just to reiterate, while it's obvious this was an affair baby (The dates on the paperwork specify conception and it lines up with when Isaiah was 18months old), nobody would really care that much nor judge if it had been owned up to or acknowledged in any way, as compared with the "I'm just a good man who did the right thing and married my baby mama", it's dishonest as a lying by omission is lying. A lot of things make a lot more sense in this context, it's just so sad and pathetic he/they have been doing these RolePlay's for so long.
100% this.

Is it his right to decide when/if to talk about this? Sure.

But he's a public figure and thought it would never come up, he's an idiot. In terms of what would have been the most practical thing to do, he should have been honest and it wouldn't have been a big deal. Now he'll have to deal with the consequences of acting holier than thou and disappointing his "fans".

• Heart
Reactions: 10
100% this.

Is it his right to decide when/if to talk about this? Sure.

But he's a public figure and thought it would never come up, he's an idiot. In terms of what would have been the most practical thing to do, he should have been honest and it wouldn't have been a big deal. Now he'll have to deal with the consequences of acting holier than thou and disappointing his "fans".
Absolutely. I cannot agree with this more. It’s not about the child and whatever relationship they have or don’t have. That is completely up to them and whatever is best for the child. It’s not about them. I sincerely hope they’re doing well in their lives and don’t get dragged into this mess.

It’s not about the fact that there was an affair (or separation, or whatever transpired!). It’s that they appear to have attempted to completely erase this from their narrative. As a public figure they are vulnerable to more scrutiny and people looking into their past. They had to have expected this to come out eventually.

Reactions: 10
To be be a fly on the wall right now...
Any predictions as to what Assa is doing at this moment? I think he is completely panicking as to how he should deal with this, and it's brought up old wounds of an affair for both Assa and Pigcill. I wonder if they have told Isaiah about it. Interesting times ahead!

To be be a fly on the wall right now...
Any predictions as to what Assa is doing at this moment? I think he is completely panicking as to how he should deal with this, and it's brought up old wounds of an affair for both Assa and Pigcill. I wonder if they have told Isaiah about it. Interesting times ahead!
I think P has been done for a WHILE. She looks and acts miserable most of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if she separates some time after Isaiah leaves.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.