Fathering Autism #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On tonight’s vlog A says he’s a little mad at Sandy for tearing up the jalapeño plant. Well, perfect! Give Sandy a treat, tell her she’s a #PuppyPrincess and laugh at her. That should pretty much wrap it up, eh?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Exactly. Pisses me off when they talk about a tantrum being a “meltdown.” Shut up! They did create a monster... and have no idea to control her at this point. The way the where washing her face after the dirt eating incident yesterday was weird af. Ok I’m no stranger to and have no problems washing my torso (on my own) using a hose after ... I guess , beach activity. But they literally were washing her as though she’s a dog. They couldn’t even take her in the house to do it ... guess she is that much of an animal? Talking like I see it- don’t come at me for this ! My lord.
Piggy Probably locked her outside until she was cleaned up. BTW, why wasn’t mama Pig cleaning her daughter?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
On tonight’s vlog A says he’s a little mad at Sandy for tearing up the jalapeño plant. Well, perfect! Give Sandy a treat, tell her she’s a #PuppyPrincess and laugh at her. That should pretty much wrap it up, eh?
Your avatar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Can someone explain this positive reinforcement please.
In theory, it's a treat, verbal praise, sensory time- something the person enjoys that they receive upon completing a task or desired behaviour.

A reinforcer is only a reinforcer when it INCREASES a behaviour. So if you were to give someone a treat and it DECREASES the behaviour, it would be considered a punisher. Giving something is always positive- so slapping your child (for example - dont do that) is considered a positive punisher.

A negative reinforcer would be something you would take away that still increases a behaviour. Maybe you have loud music on and need your child to do something. If you turn it off and they do the thing, that is a negative reinforcer. When these stop working it's time to reassess your reinforcement and punishments.

Hopefully I explained that clearly enough

• Heart
🐷 had a plate in front of her.

Isaiah (or was that Summer?) had one as well.

There was a plate in between 🐷 and Isaiah.

Abbie had no plate, only a pop.

When ASSa brought in his plate with two huge sloppy joe's on it, (assuming it was his?) 🐷 switched her plate with the one between her and Isaiah.

So, in the end, I'm not sure who got what plate, but the one between 🐷 and Isiah had one open-faced sloppy joe on it along with fries.View attachment 116811View attachment 116812
Maybe this was mentioned, but anyone notice a guy on Pig’s phone screen?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Apparently Asa doesn't know that fences are a thing.

• Haha
Thats what I don't get. They say she will eat anything they put in front of her. So how about Special K or plain Cheerios. Or some other healthier cereal. There are so many choices these days. And if she says no....ok. Then go sit in the corner and rock your ass off. Don't ask her. Just put it in in a bowl with a banana and call it a day. They are so afraid of her pitching a fit its ridiculous.And she KNOWS that! How stupid are these peopleZ?
It's one of the most basic aspects of parenting that you don't give in to whatever your child wants just to avoid a tantrum. Maybe once in a while, it may be ok (we're all human and no one is going to be the perfect parent at all times). But for that to be the constant go to method - wrong. By doing that you shift the power dynamic to where the child dictates what goes instead of the parent. Isaiah seems like a very well behaved kid so it would seem they did something right w. him.
I understand that with Abbie having her conditions of IDD and autism that things are different, she processes and understands things differently. While I am no parenting or IDD/Autism expert, I don't think A&P's methods are the right way to go. They've made her so treat/reward dependent that she can't do anything without them and they give in to whatever she wants (or doesn't want) in order to avoid a tantrum or meltdown. Altho, in tonite's video it appears she had a meltdown during therapy and Asa cut the camera.
It's also going to cause problems for Abbie down the road when she will most likely be in some sort of care facility or home. She'll be defiant with the ppl looking after her. However, I do recall Abbie listening pretty well to her teacher at JSA and to Brandi. So, it might depend. She knows she can get away with stuff with A&P, that's for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Annnd,,,there's the reward for doing work. And that was after one for breakfast and later in the afternoon after a drive to Dunkin's, when you shook your head no that you didn't want a donut well, you get a donut! Good job!

View attachment 116845

View attachment 116847

Yep.
I notice when she got out of the car she was ready to throw a fit because Priscilla wasn’t getting out quick enough with her doughnut.
She really does get angry very quickly if she doesn’t get what she wants when she wants it.
Going to the start of the vlog she threw a tantrum which he didn’t show because he was asking her to do something she didn’t want to do.
I just don’t see the point with these household tasks, she is never going to do them and even when she does them with supervision she is asking for a break every five minutes. She should get a break when she has completed the tasks.
By the way Arsewipe well done for saying “ good job “ to her after she just had a tantrum.
This delusional tit show is driving me mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's one of the most basic aspects of parenting that you don't give in to whatever your child wants just to avoid a tantrum. Maybe once in a while, it may be ok (we're all human and no one is going to be the perfect parent at all times). But for that to be the constant go to method - wrong. By doing that you shift the power dynamic to where the child dictates what goes instead of the parent. Isaiah seems like a very well behaved kid so it would seem they did something right w. him.
I understand that with Abbie having her conditions of IDD and autism that things are different, she processes and understands things differently. While I am no parenting or IDD/Autism expert, I don't think A&P's methods are the right way to go. They've made her so treat/reward dependent that she can't do anything without them and they give in to whatever she wants (or doesn't want) in order to avoid a tantrum or meltdown. Altho, in tonite's video it appears she had a meltdown during therapy and Asa cut the camera.
It's also going to cause problems for Abbie down the road when she will most likely be in some sort of care facility or home. She'll be defiant with the ppl looking after her. However, I do recall Abbie listening pretty well to her teacher at JSA and to Brandi. So, it might depend. She knows she can get away with stuff with A&P, that's for sure.
I believe there are so many behaviors that we are not privy to. Heaven only knows what happens when the cameras are turned off. I wonder how she behaves in JSA. They often say she had a good day, but what is the definition of a good day.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
🐷 had a plate in front of her.

Isaiah (or was that Summer?) had one as well.

There was a plate in between 🐷 and Isaiah.

Abbie had no plate, only a pop.

When ASSa brought in his plate with two huge sloppy joe's on it, (assuming it was his?) 🐷 switched her plate with the one between her and Isaiah.

So, in the end, I'm not sure who got what plate, but the one between 🐷 and Isiah had one open-faced sloppy joe on it along with fries.View attachment 116811View attachment 116812
And her phone is right next to her plate...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
In theory, it's a treat, verbal praise, sensory time- something the person enjoys that they receive upon completing a task or desired behaviour.

A reinforcer is only a reinforcer when it INCREASES a behaviour. So if you were to give someone a treat and it DECREASES the behaviour, it would be considered a punisher. Giving something is always positive- so slapping your child (for example - dont do that) is considered a positive punisher.

A negative reinforcer would be something you would take away that still increases a behaviour. Maybe you have loud music on and need your child to do something. If you turn it off and they do the thing, that is a negative reinforcer. When these stop working it's time to reassess your reinforcement and punishments.

Hopefully I explained that clearly enough
Thanks to everyone for enlightening me. It all seems so difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.