Fathering Autism #16 Weenus for her. Moobs for him. Spanx for both. See? We're thin!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was almost crying laughing when P was trying to be serious with Abbie with the coin exercise, telling Abbie in a snotty tone of voice that she didn't think Abbie was really trying, she was just guessing until P said it was right -- with that ridiculous palm tree hair! It was like a muppet or one of the who's from whoville trying to be taken seriously! :LOL:
Watch it sped up....OMG watching Priscilla walk and talk in fast speed makes me laugh till I cry.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'd say that yesterday's vlog was a lot closer to what they used to be and to what we've seen in a while. I don't know if I should even be cautiously optimistic that the trend will continue?? lol... I don't expect every single vlog will be like that but hopefully a lot more often than it has been.
You're definitely right that A&P and by extension Isaiah and even Summer are benefiting from the vlogs and the income more than Abbie is and Abbie is the primary reason the vlog was started and that people are watching. Even if A$A would like to think otherwise.
My thinking is that basically Asa is running out of instructive autism material and sadly as Abbie appears to have made very limited progress and is now displaying some frankly antisocial behaviour and is becoming less and less cute by the day, he can see that interest in her is inevitably waning - hence all the silly fillers. Also he must be aware that people are becoming critical of some aspects of A and Ps parenting and I sincerely hope he has the humility to admit that mistakes may have been made along the way (i.e. lack of discipline vis a vis food grabbing, giving way too easily to her demands, laughing at some of her misdemeanours). I was glad that she was being sent to her room to do her yelling and from what we have been shown she didn't have a tantrum over this so she is hopefully realising that this is not something that is welcomed. But again we see lack of consistency.

In the last vlog Asa showed, for the first time in a long time IMO, that his heart is in the right place whilst playing with the water beads with Abbie. At the old house he used to create all sorts of imaginative sensory play with her and she clearly enjoyed it. She may be a teenager physically but is still very childlike in what she enjoys (e.g. fluffy rabbit). It was so good to see her smile. I personally get very upset to see her exhibiting less appealing behaviour (the feral and sly grabbing of the peanut butter) which should be tackled especially if she continues to do this at school and in restaurants. EVery child whether NT or not needs to be set boundaries and these do seem to be somewhat hazy in her case.

I do not have non-IDD siblings but as a child witnessed very closely friends of my parents with a non-verbal severely IDD daughter and another family with an autistic son and how they handled their behaviours (some of which were quite alarming - smashing practically every window in the house when upset, aggressively pushing people into their swimming pool). However I can say that with time, patience and consistency they both became gentle, affectionate adolescents and adults both able to have a degree of independence in their different ways.

I realise it is a long, hard haul for A and P and must be very tough but I do hope they return to the main ethos of their channel rather than providing some of the circus entertainment we have seen lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Watch it sped up....OMG watching Priscilla walk and talk in fast speed makes me laugh till I cry.
"You're not listening." No, she very well might be listening but, if part of her schoolwork is " Abbie, can you jump? " " Listen. No, that's your NOSE" wow!
I don't believe for a minute this homework is for Autism. This homework is Basic Questions. Can you lift your arms? That's what you ask a 12 month old. These people need to wake up and see Abbie for who she is. Let her rock or Stim. This stuff is foolishness. She can't remember it. Shes.....soooooo...Wow.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Abbie did seem happier and more patient. Which speaks volumes because her mom is a witch. I secretly wanted Abbie to slap her when she was asking Abbie for a penny. (I know, I have an evil side!) Then the arm stretching. Allllllllll the way up. Alllllllll the way up. 🤦 Then on closer inspection I realized why Abbie is listening to Pigcilla. Pigcilla is giving Abbie treats like a bleeping dog. Ahhhhh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
My thinking is that basically Asa is running out of instructive autism material and sadly as Abbie appears to have made very limited progress and is now displaying some frankly antisocial behaviour and is becoming less and less cute by the day, he can see that interest in her is inevitably waning - hence all the silly fillers. Also he must be aware that people are becoming critical of some aspects of A and Ps parenting and I sincerely hope he has the humility to admit that mistakes may have been made along the way (i.e. lack of discipline vis a vis food grabbing, giving way too easily to her demands, laughing at some of her misdemeanours). I was glad that she was being sent to her room to do her yelling and from what we have been shown she didn't have a tantrum over this so she is hopefully realising that this is not something that is welcomed. But again we see lack of consistency.

In the last vlog Asa showed, for the first time in a long time IMO, that his heart is in the right place whilst playing with the water beads with Abbie. At the old house he used to create all sorts of imaginative sensory play with her and she clearly enjoyed it. She may be a teenager physically but is still very childlike in what she enjoys (e.g. fluffy rabbit). It was so good to see her smile. I personally get very upset to see her exhibiting less appealing behaviour (the feral and sly grabbing of the peanut butter) which should be tackled especially if she continues to do this at school and in restaurants. EVery child whether NT or not needs to be set boundaries and these do seem to be somewhat hazy in her case.

I do not have non-IDD siblings but as a child witnessed very closely friends of my parents with a non-verbal severely IDD daughter and another family with an autistic son and how they handled their behaviours (some of which were quite alarming - smashing practically every window in the house when upset, aggressively pushing people into their swimming pool). However I can say that with time, patience and consistency they both became gentle, affectionate adolescents and adults both able to have a degree of independence in their different ways.

I realise it is a long, hard haul for A and P and must be very tough but I do hope they return to the main ethos of their channel rather than providing some of the circus entertainment we have seen lately.
It may have taken him a while but it was good to see that he realized he needed to change up the formula - for the better. I think just about all of us on here (as well as the leghumpers. But, their approval is agiven) really enjoyed seeing Abbie properly engaged and so happy! Hopefully the response to this video will clue him in a bit more that this is the sort of content we want to see!
Hmmm... Asa having humility..?? That might be expecting too much of him. It would be nice, tho. He seems to be very concerned with always knowing more than anyone else and also - always being right. Even when his reasoning for being right doesn't make sense. Maybe the old Asa from 2-3 years ago may have been more likely to admit that mistakes have been made.

Your anecdote shows that positive change and progress can be made. But like you said, it requires time, patience and consistency. A&P seem to really struggle with the last two! They've demonstrated some good methods and strategies - but they don't stick with them and they don't follow through. I've said before that allowing Abbie's bad behavior to continue and increase is not only not beneficial to her but also making it much more difficult on themselves.

• Heart
Wasn't that crazy Abbie saying okay? That would be so cool if she started talking. Even a few words here and there. She definitely can. She said okay clear as a bell.

Reactions: 13

I fear it maybe too little too late. She has been allowed to have tantrums when she doesn’t want to do a task and had no consequences for bad behaviour. She may well be Asa’s “ little girl “ but she is growing up fast and what can be forgiven in a child , although misguidedly, is not a good thing when they are approaching adulthood.
Her behaviours are set in place and it will be difficult to get her out of them.
I can see ugly scenes to come in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wasn't that crazy Abbie saying okay? That would be so cool if she started talking. Even a few words here and there. She definitely can. She said okay clear as a bell.
I was stunned! Like holy tit, she actually spoke! Maybe her speech therapy is finally starting to pay off??

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Okay, I'm watching it now and, needed a break. There are 5 coins on the desk. "Abbie,can you give me a penny?" No. Nope. No. " I wonder what they call it in school? " like, of course Abbie knows money!! I must be saying it wrong! On the 5th try, "good! That IS a penny!" There were no more options! Moron Priscilla !
They are SO in denial! She doesn't KNOW what a penny or a dime is or, what it's for!! They use the Teenager excuse. Priscilla needs a slap.
They seem completely clueless. I didn’t watch the whole vlog but I did see the part of her trying to pick up the orbeez. It must be frustrating for her to be presented with random task she won’t know how to do. I just don’t know why they thought she would be able to use that tool if she can barely use a spoon to feed herself. These ppl are very frustrating to watch. It must be an overload for Abbie, they make her do random task all the time.....no consistency. She has no schedule or routine. She probably doesn’t listen because she doesn’t want to put up with their shenanigans.

And Summer. She takes me as the type that treats Abbie differently when Priscilla and Asa aren’t around(Like not all giggly and happy best friend stuff). She has said snarky things to Isaiah in a few vlogs and no I don’t see it as sibling play because they aren’t siblings. She might resent Abbie because she’s been labeled her best friend and she has nothing else going on outside of her. Don’t forget that time she gave Priscilla a dirty look for interrupting her.

Starts at 6:50

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I fear it maybe too little too late. She has been allowed to have tantrums when she doesn’t want to do a task and had no consequences for bad behaviour. She may well be Asa’s “ little girl “ but she is growing up fast and what can be forgiven in a child , although misguidedly, is not a good thing when they are approaching adulthood.
Her behaviours are set in place and it will be difficult to get her out of them.
I can see ugly scenes to come in the future.
I can too. No one can convince me that this child will not have to be put in restraints and medicated. She has No manners (we all know this) and when she gets upset, she attacks. She's going to do that in public and, it won't matter if they are her parents, she will be hospitalized. She is a danger to herself.
Ummm..why would you make the MOST Severely Mentally Handicapped person on Earth, have toilet paper head? SHE DOESN'T GET THE JOKE! She only knows that everyone is laughing at her!!it's cruel. This is a damn shame. She needs.....I don't know. Nothing maybe. Just music and rocking. I think that would be kind.
Summer, picking your Too Small shorts out of your crotch is NOT a good look. 🙄😳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

Very well said!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Dear Maass family,
What......I mean, what are you going for here? I cant, for the life of me figure out what it is that you are trying to get from Abbie. There wasn't ONE THING that she could do in that vlog except run around the table with her singing bunny.
I understand, I am a parent too. But, this girl is 15. She is 15 YEARS OLD and, she did not know what a quarter was didn't know her ear from her nose, scooped NOTHING onto a plate while smiling and, tried to drink the Nasty, Disgusting water from her Dolphin toy. Do you think she looked at that Dolphin and thought, "Wow! I had put an egg in this water earlier and it has hatched into this mammal? " or do you think she thought she was supposed to stick her hand in water and then drink it??
The entire time that she was Scooping Nothing? She was looking at the camera. You wonder why she has meltdowns? Why she is violent? She knows that, she can't do it but, she also knows she will be made to. As her mother, eyes closed, says "You're not even looking." . Laugh at her about toilet paper head and tried to drink water that a rubber you was in. Love your daughter? Be kind to her. Teach her while you play. Let her Stim and Rock and accept the fact that, she doesn't know how to put her arms up. Put the camera away and stop making folks of yourself and, your incredibly mentally handicapped daughter. Thank you. I quit.

• Heart

Did you notice that when Thilla waa trying to get Av to ras ise her arms she saud "Yes, this is what they actually do in her school everyday", further justifying why she is trying to get Ab to do it. I am serious when I say to put her snack on the very top shelf in the kitchen and she will reach for it. As long as you give her more than 10 seconds to try instead of doing it for her when she starts looking at you to get it. As many snacks as you give her in a day, she will have stronger arms in no time, that are able to reach high, and she will understand it as long as you are conistant!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Did you notice that when Thilla waa trying to get Av to ras ise her arms she saud "Yes, this is what they actually do in her school everyday", further justifying why she is trying to get Ab to do it. I am serious when I say to put her snack on the very top shelf in the kitchen and she will reach for it. As long as you give her more than 10 seconds to try instead of doing it for her when she starts looking at you to get it. As many snacks as you give her in a day, she will have stronger arms in no time, that are able to reach high, and she will understand it as long as you are conistant!
I think she could be afraid to put her arms up because they tickle her. Some people really do not like to be tickled and they could be too rough as well.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think she could be afraid to put her arms up because they tickle her. Some people really do not like to be tickled and they could be too rough as well.
She would do it for a snack.

I’ve never seen a palm tree that looks anything like that. Assa acted like he tried to out do her again.

Anyone notice how Silly wore the low energy shirt the day after their lil pool time goof around vlog, as if life is really that hard.

And yes, I screenshot the pic of Assa at that sec because he looked triggered. Then made it my 1st ever profile pic here.
The palm tree reminded me of a volcano.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.