Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'd say that yesterday's vlog was a lot closer to what they used to be and to what we've seen in a while. I don't know if I should even be cautiously optimistic that the trend will continue?? lol... I don't expect every single vlog will be like that but hopefully a lot more often than it has been.
You're definitely right that A&P and by extension Isaiah and even Summer are benefiting from the vlogs and the income more than Abbie is and Abbie is the primary reason the vlog was started and that people are watching. Even if A$A would like to think otherwise.
My thinking is that basically Asa is running out of instructive autism material and sadly as Abbie appears to have made very limited progress and is now displaying some frankly antisocial behaviour and is becoming less and less cute by the day, he can see that interest in her is inevitably waning - hence all the silly fillers. Also he must be aware that people are becoming critical of some aspects of A and Ps parenting and I sincerely hope he has the humility to admit that mistakes may have been made along the way (i.e. lack of discipline vis a vis food grabbing, giving way too easily to her demands, laughing at some of her misdemeanours). I was glad that she was being sent to her room to do her yelling and from what we have been shown she didn't have a tantrum over this so she is hopefully realising that this is not something that is welcomed. But again we see lack of consistency.

In the last vlog Asa showed, for the first time in a long time IMO, that his heart is in the right place whilst playing with the water beads with Abbie. At the old house he used to create all sorts of imaginative sensory play with her and she clearly enjoyed it. She may be a teenager physically but is still very childlike in what she enjoys (e.g. fluffy rabbit). It was so good to see her smile. I personally get very upset to see her exhibiting less appealing behaviour (the feral and sly grabbing of the peanut butter) which should be tackled especially if she continues to do this at school and in restaurants. EVery child whether NT or not needs to be set boundaries and these do seem to be somewhat hazy in her case.

I do not have non-IDD siblings but as a child witnessed very closely friends of my parents with a non-verbal severely IDD daughter and another family with an autistic son and how they handled their behaviours (some of which were quite alarming - smashing practically every window in the house when upset, aggressively pushing people into their swimming pool). However I can say that with time, patience and consistency they both became gentle, affectionate adolescents and adults both able to have a degree of independence in their different ways.

I realise it is a long, hard haul for A and P and must be very tough but I do hope they return to the main ethos of their channel rather than providing some of the circus entertainment we have seen lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Wearing our spanx
Looking all thin
We ain't pullin pranx
We just tuckin it in
Boogers in the baked goods
It's a party all the time
Hey sweet girl
Can you pick up a dime
Pork chops,Mac & cheese, Rolls & Butter,
Greasy green beans all in a pan
Where's the dog. Where's your motha.
The gluttonous festival is about to begin
At 11pm we'll do it again.
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
Keep it going.
😀😀😀
As I was reading it, I realized I was turning it into a rap. Maybe P will make a Tik Tok with it! Lol

Ten in the morning lets rise and shine,
Gotta earn a buck its vloggin time!
Mornin' school with Abbie but shes not in the mood-
P's in the kitchen makin love to her food.
Isaiah and the cat still hidin in his room
Summer and her camel toe will join us at noon.

Thats my rap. LOL

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Monkey1651

VIP Member
Abbie will never know what coins are what. I don't understand trying to get her to do that activity. also asshat trying to say they were going to set up things for her to do "independently" that girl cannot do anything independently. She needs 24/7 supervising. I wouldn't even say she can eat independently because she shovels food into her mouth and is a huge risk for choking. The only thing she can do independently is steal food. Also I get more out of the relationship with my dog than summer gets from abby. I don't see how she could be a friend, let alone a best friend. my dog can sit on the couch and watch tv with me just like abby. He will also never steal my food, even my puppy doesn't steal food! And he doesn't pick his nose constantly or have accidents in the house. Call me awful for comparing my dogs to a disabled child. I don't care. I've spent a ton of time around autistic kids, if they act like assholes I'm gonna call them an asshole. They need discipline and parenting just as much, if not more than, NT kids

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Hotographer512

VIP Member
Pork chops,Mac & cheese, Rolls, Butter, and what looked like a pan of greasy green beans
Wearing our spanx
Looking all thin
We ain't pullin pranx
We just tuckin it in
Boogers in the baked goods
It's a party all the time
Hey sweet girl
Can you pick up a dime
Pork chops,Mac & cheese, Rolls & Butter,
Greasy green beans all in a pan
Where's the dog. Where's your motha.
The gluttonous festival is about to begin
At 11pm we'll do it again.
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
Keep it going.
😀😀😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Whimsical

VIP Member
Wow! Abbie was actually having fun!! Nothing was forced and she never got angry...she was having a blast.

It’s not often we actually see her smile and enjoy the activities she’s participating in. This was time well spent for her, versus helping to cook or doing laundry.

She also loved the stuffed rabbit that sings. She was carrying it around and had it on the couch with her. It made her smile, it made her happy and it’s actually nice to see her enjoying something, because other than stealing food or rocking, it doesn’t seem like she enjoys a lot of anything. 😕

I actually enjoyed watching this part of the video because it gives me a little hope for her. If they would just take the time to engage her for who she is, more often.

FD17A31A-4B67-404A-BE88-7AB87FF33917.jpeg
8B16809B-98D8-48EB-A2F3-53627CD6AD56.jpeg

I knew they’d eventually get exercise equipment (or in their case, out) but I didn’t think it would only be about a week after I gave suggestions.
😂😂
He said he used to keep it under the desk and would walk on it while using the computer 🤷🏻‍♀️ but then he got too dizzy 🥴🥴trying to walk and look at the computer screen at the same time🤦🏻‍♀️😂😂

What a lame excuse😂😂😂
You totally get the credit for suggesting it! 🤣🤪🤩

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Hotographer512

VIP Member
Abbie is always so anxious when her feet are on unstable ground and they put her on a treadmill???
Within a few days of admitting that and showing her walking on docks, they put her on a cruise ship!!
These mf'ers don't ever put Abbie's needs first.
It's all about them and that money.
IMO

Wasn't that crazy Abbie saying okay? That would be so cool if she started talking. Even a few words here and there. She definitely can. She said okay clear as a bell.
I talk for her when I watch.
She be cussing them OUT and I must admit...its pretty damn funny!!!
It's my way of coping watching that shit show.
Try it sometime.
Abbie is gangsta AF.
She don't play.
😀
IMO

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

therealamylynn

VIP Member
When Asa tells P that they're "not healthier they're fried oreos I don't care how much oil you use"
That look lol

not amused.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

therealamylynn

VIP Member
I have a close friend whose son attends and lives at Boston Higashi school. He has a diagnosis of Autism with severe IDD. Very similar to Abbie. He is non verbal. The last time he spoke was when he was 2. He's attended this school since he was 6. I'm not identifying him for his and his family's privacy but he is in this video in multiple parts of it. But I want you to see what a difference the right school makes with these kids. Some are as severe as Abbie, some not. But since he has been there he has learned to ride a bike, use his dynavox and led a commencement ceremony. He dances, sings by vocalizing and has created simple art. They had looked into a school like Abbie's but decided not to let him attend there since it was primarily autism focused and he had severe IDD as part of his diagnosis. This is the school, the incredible staff and the most amazing kids ever. I wish p & A had taken their money and placed Abbie in a school like this to give her the best chance possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Krishascooties

VIP Member
There is no way P is going to continue to lose weight with her portion size (spaghetti plate) or eating pizza rolls. Why would someone do a surgery like that if they weren't going to bother following through on adopting a healthy eating lifestyle? I'm fortunate to not have a weight issue and have never had that type of issue, but I would think at this point she would seek a therapist (cognitive therapy) to help with whatever demons she is battling. I would also believe that getting a nutritionist to work with before going under the knife would be of great importance. Honestly, wearing Spanx under those purple work out pants is a terrible look.
Asshat prancing around talking about fixing stuff was just so annoying for me to watch. There is something about the way he carries himself that makes me wonder if he has self-esteem issues?!? The more I watch, the more I see a small little man prancing about trying so hard to give off this confident attitude, but it's all so fake. Something rubs me the wrong way about this man. I started to feel this way when they lived in their other house. I remember feeling bad that I was even thinking that way, but it was a gut feeling.
The whole thing about Summer claiming to have boundaries with Abbie is very confusing. I thought Summer is also getting paid to be a respite for the family? I would think a respite worker would have boundaries and reinforce proper behavior when Abbie misbehaves. There is so much confusion around all of this. Summer claims Abbie knows that stealing food is not ok. P said that stealing food happens all the time and that's Abbie's personality. Summer said after they filmed P had a talk to Abbie about stealing food, so who the freak is lying or being honest with what is actually happening. Really, it's none of my business, but they make it the world's business and make money while exploiting this child so I'm gonna have opinions, questions, and judgments (especially because they say one thing and do another) ok...rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Pink Marshmallow

VIP Member
Wow! Abbie was actually having fun!! Nothing was forced and she never got angry...she was having a blast.

It’s not often we actually see her smile and enjoy the activities she’s participating in. This was time well spent for her, versus helping to cook or doing laundry.

She also loved the stuffed rabbit that sings. She was carrying it around and had it on the couch with her. It made her smile, it made her happy and it’s actually nice to see her enjoying something, because other than stealing food or rocking, it doesn’t seem like she enjoys a lot of anything. 😕

I actually enjoyed watching this part of the video because it gives me a little hope for her. If they would just take the time to engage her for who she is, more often.

View attachment 110843View attachment 110844
I noticed that, too. Abbie seemed genuinely happy! It's such a nice change of pace to see that! Despite P's protesting, we can clearly see that Abbie loves sensory items and activities. I think she was also happy because hey, Dad is actually spending 1 on 1 time and engaging w. her in something that is fun!
On another note, with the coin exercise, I think if nothing else it's good for practicing and maintaining her dexterity and fine motor skills. The more she does it, the more she'll get better at it - hopefully. It'll also work to prevent her from losing the motor skills she currently has.

• Heart

Jamiebeth

VIP Member
I was super impressed with Abbie today, she was pretty engaging, less hyper, sat longer without running off, a few times I was thinking “she’s in there, she just needs to come out”

• Heart

Take no prisoners

Hi guys! I wrote you all a poem!

We are the Webbles
We are here to say
Our daughter has autism
She is not delayed
Come join our life
But first you must pay
Give us your money
Watch our bullshit display

We met in Cuba
At a skanky bar
She told me she loved me
I thought how bizarre
I tried to flee
But didn't get very far
Now we sell our souls
In a YouTube memoir

Exploiting our daughter
That's the name of the game
Filming meltdowns and tantrums
We have no shame
Living the good life
With all the things and the fame
Spreading awareness
By giving autism a bad name.

How this will end
I really don't know
Stay with my wife
And be a tiktok ho
Or get with summer
And her camel toe
Whatever I choose
With leghumper cash flow.

• Haha
  • Heart

cucumber

VIP Member
I skipped through 97% of the vlog - everything except the therapy session.
They've become insufferable human beings.
The contrast between who they were in the beginning and now is really quite astounding.
When he was preaching away about "not wanting any precious days" I couldnt help but think of his other daughter and lost time. He was claiming time is so precious. How can anyone look at him and not think what garbage he is.

• Heart

Catseverywhere

Not gonna lie, todays vlog was emotional. Abbie may not be as far gone as we thought, guys. I think she just needs to be engaged with more instead of left to vegetate. She needs things to stimulate her brain and todays video we saw her so happy and engaged in what she was doing. I really hope A&P will listen to our advice and humble themselves. Seeing Abbie smiling and looking at her father whilst doing those little water thingies was emotional. She loved her little stuffed toy also, carrying it around. Bless her heart.

A&P, I say this as a 29 year old autistic woman, please make more effort to engage her in things that she enjoys and are to her ability.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

RocketQueen

VIP Member
I just happened to notice on the menu board for Sunday they had "Easter" listed for lunch, and then "Spaghetti" for dinner.
Did they seriously follow up that carb-fest Easter of mac n cheese, sweet potatoes, etc., with even MORE pasta/carbs?!
When we have a big holiday meal, thats it for the day. If we get hungry later we eat the leftovers in the evening, not cook another full meal! No wonder they're wearing spanx. Seriously.

• Haha
  • Sick

therealamylynn

VIP Member
That's a shame because I agree Abbie is not in the right school for her. The video you posted is more for kids with her diagnosis, but Maass squad is in deep denial.
Many of the kids there have dual diagnosis. Abbie is not a vegetable, she's a young woman with disabilities. Her parents are the ones that aren't normal.

• Heart
  • Haha

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
Wait? She does have a one-on-one paraprofessional all day long at JSA though and personally, I have found very small improvements in her development and not very much “learning.” Sadly though, that is because a lot of the learning they are trying to do, is completely voided when Abbie goes home in the afternoon...

• Heart

Ham

Ham,
Who ARE you?? There's a pattern to your posts and replies....hmmm
oh good, let’s do this again.:rolleyes:

I am a professional who works with folks with disabilities. No, I am not a Maass, nor do I know them (other than the fodder they put online).

Prader Willi Syndrome comes with complex features she doesn’t have. She didn’t have failure to thrive as a baby or issues feeding, to my knowledge. She doesn’t have facial features for PWS. Also people with PWS require way less calories to gain weight (an often cruel feature when paired with the constant feeling of starving), and the way Abbie eats she would absolutely be obese if she had it.

I prefer to read, not comment, but when you know from your field of work that a suggestion is ridiculous it’s hard not to address.

Edit: also, if you think the Maass’ would resist benefitting monetarily from a rArE DiSoRdEr like PWS you’re fooling yourself. It would have been identified when she was much younger and they would have sucked that diagnosis for all they could cause they could be the “pioneers” in a new disability category, where people can’t point out what’s wrong about their parenting of their child with autism.

Last edited:
  • Heart