Fathering Autism #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had to keep our kids home this weekend from my grandparents house. They ALWAYS go over there bc, my grandparents love having them and they love going. (My grandparents are in their 80's and my kids are 11 and 1 years old.) My grandmother has bad allergies and has had a flare up but, we can't be 100% sure it's not the virus, so, we kept them home. The kids were crying and my grandma was upset but, we had no choice. This tit isn't a joke. Nobody should be taking chances with this tit.
My mother is 96 and I haven’t seen her for 3 weeks. I worry about her - but so far, so good. Knock on wood. Her condo is very strict about social distancing.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
in their bourbon-toasting vlog they tried to cover all bases.
1st, reiterating how much Isaiah loved his prom...by gosh he even woke up talking about it the next morning. How old does that make Isaiah seem, about 6???
2nd, proudly proclaiming they need romance together and they just never have the time what with all those hours sitting by the pool, you know that eats up a lot of those good hours, right?
3rd, When Assa goes on about you-tubers also feeling the money pinch notice how fast Prilly jumps in to proclaim her makeup is booming because people just gotta have her makeup. Prilly quickly intercepted any idea that could give people they arent quite hauling in the cash right now that they want you to believe so desperately. She ain't ready to come down off her high horse yet.
And lastly, the sweet quick kiss onthe lips. More Bourbon please!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
in their bourbon-toasting vlog they tried to cover all bases.
1st, reiterating how much Isaiah loved his prom...by gosh he even woke up talking about it the next morning. How old does that make Isaiah seem, about 6???
2nd, proudly proclaiming they need romance together and they just never have the time what with all those hours sitting by the pool, you know that eats up a lot of those good hours, right?
3rd, When Assa goes on about you-tubers also feeling the money pinch notice how fast Prilly jumps in to proclaim her makeup is booming because people just gotta have her makeup. Prilly quickly intercepted any idea that could give people they arent quite hauling in the cash right now that they want you to believe so desperately. She ain't ready to come down off her high horse yet.
And lastly, the sweet quick kiss onthe lips. More Bourbon please!
Thank you for watching it and recapping so we don't have to! lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6
About the bikini (& the MLM) she lives in her own head, just like her daughter.

Her mom must be wearing a 4x? 😬 Clothing manufacturers should stop at 2x. No offense anyone.

Imagine how many ppl are turned off by joining LimeL. when they find out that one needs to exploit a special needs child on yootooob in order to make sales! Doesn’t Priss even feel a little guilty about this?

• Haha
  • Heart
About the bikini (& the MLM) she lives in her own head, just like her daughter.

Her mom must be wearing a 4x? 😬 Clothing manufacturers should stop at 2x. No offense anyone.

Imagine how many ppl are turned off by joining LimeL. when they find out that one needs to exploit a special needs child on yootooob in order to make sales! Doesn’t Priss even feel a little guilty about this?
Easy perhaps 5X

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Y'all gotta see her latest 2 videos on Facebook.
She is definitely inebriated.
A lot.
IMO.
I read your post so I had to run and check the videos out. I am 100% in agreement with you about her diagnosis.
Can you say SNOOKERED?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t think she gets anything out of JSA.
I think that also goes back to the parents not following through at home with her.

She gets out of it what they put into it.

They put nothing into her therapies. The other day when Abbie was demanding food at the fridge, she was so focused and she was vocalizing and frustrated, I was in suspense, I thought she was about to start talking like, "No idiot, I'm hungry! I don't want mac n cheese or anymore garbage leftovers"! It was the perfect opportunity for her to use her iPad, no no Assy just stood at the fridge and talked at her as if she has enough words to communicate. It was so frustrating even for me!
They teach and encourage her to be aggressive through rough play, wrestling, she kicks and pushes....now the new stupidity was to push her into the pool. Really, that's funny Slummer?? Will it be if she does it to Sandy, someone's child, her grandparents or someone who can't swim? Not only do they neglect her therapies, they impede them.

They can't homeschool her, in my opinion. They are too lazy and will eventually just give up and give in. Probably allowing her to become a 600lb couch ornament while they drink, travel and do all the things. They are really hoping to have Slummer and Becca around for the long haul.

Someone posted a video a few threads back from Robby's(RIP) Mom. The mother seemed very invested, dedicated and involved in her son's care. He lived into his twenties and sadly passed away from a seizure while at a group home. She said in one of their vlogs that some families see progression with their ASD children, but despite everything that they did for him and with him, he remained at the same level of about a one year old. He was non-verbal, needed help toileting and was sometimes violent and emotional (according to the vlog). But she and her family accepted him and embraced him for who he was. They did place him in a group home when he got older in his twenties, but they were still very involved with him, visited him and took him on outings. The mom was even aware when Robby was assigned a caregiver that he didn't like/respond well to, she was so involved and kept complaining to the admin and company to have the worker reassigned.

Their example showed that even in a group home setting, families have to be very active and invested in their child's care for them to benefit and be safe.

Caregivers can press charges and sue if injuries happen.

The Maass failure and neglect in Abbie's care is really a big problem for her now and in the future. All the lying and fakery is just putting her at more of a disadvantage. They have so many resources at their fingertips yet they sit on their butts and think "she is set for life". Because of money?? Yeah guess what, that money can all disappear in medical, Court and settlement fees to the caregiver that breaks her back after Abbie pushes her down the stairs.

Maybe one of the members here with an Autistic relative, or one of the professionals in the field can tell us:

Can a child with IDD and/or on the Spectrum always be expected to progress/advance or reach a higher level with their understanding, skills and behavior??

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Prilly has a droopy mouth on her left side in many photos. Does anyone know if she has a medical reason for this or is it just a quirk?

And before I hit the hay tonight. Just wanted to say. Assa talks about choosing your battles. Well I guess we all know what battle he chose NOT to fight. That of support and a relationship with his 1st daughter. What a pig.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Prilly has a droopy mouth on her left side in many photos. Does anyone know if she has a medical reason for this or is it just a quirk?

And before I hit the hay tonight. Just wanted to say. Assa talks about choosing your battles. Well I guess we all know what battle he chose NOT to fight. That of support and a relationship with his 1st daughter. What a pig.
They’ve said before it’s just her face. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes, Abbie does all of those things. But in my opinion, can we really blame her?

She has IDD, is non-verbal, doesn't understand much of what is happening around her, has very limited communication, limited use of her hands and fingers, she doesn't understand human interaction or social norms, some researchers refer to cases like her's as being "trapped in one's own mind" (apologies if that is an offensive phrase), she has no autonomy and very few things at her disposal that she enjoys besides food and rides. On top of all that she is under the control and authority of two irresponsible, narcissistic, ignorant, self-centered, and just lazy people.

Imagine yourself in her position for a few days, then your entire life. Imagine only being able to communicate a handful of things.

We have so much freedom compared to her. We can easily express our thoughts, feelings, needs and wants verbally. We understand what is happening around us, how it effects us, social norms. We can develop friendships, relationships, and find comfort in the things and people around us. We understand and/or can learn our human limitations, distinguish what is harmful from what is useful or necessary. If we want a bath when can go take one, toilet ourselves without need of assistance or permission. We have access, through learning and the use our mind and hands, to millions of things.

When a teen like Isaiah wakes up in the morning, his decision on eating, bathing, clothing, and loads of other activities are his own (except video games of course :rolleyes:). He understands why he has schoolwork, can listen and follow instructions, and at the end of the day comprehend the purpose of his education. He has a phone, computer, television, friends, family, the internet.....all at his disposal if he gets bored or lonely or just feels like chatting and conversing. What does Abbie have, tickle time and "boop"??

People are comparing her to a "feral" child, or Helen Keller....put tape over your mouth, blindfold yourself and try to function for 48 hours through a regular day. Then talk. I lost my ability to speak for only minutes (over a year ago) due to a seizure. I was conscious and scared as hell. My family was talking to me trying to know what was wrong, the part of my brain that controls speech just shut off and I was helpless. I still have seizures, and what happens during them and when is unpredictable. Thank God I was able to talk again the same night and I have other means of communication at my disposal. But that small glimpse of being "trapped in my head" was a nightmare that I would not wish on anyone, and am not quick to pass judgement on.

My opinion
Sorry for the long rant
I 100% agree. I think a lot of the "bully" behavior people reference here is just frustration over her lack of ability to communicate with those around her.

A really good example of Abbie communicating and no one listening to her can be seen in yesterday's video. This is going to be long, but I swear there's a point to this post. She starts by signing "eat", to which Asa responds "sweetheart, you don't need another meal." She then tried pulling his hand, then signing "come" and tapping on his shoulder, all in rapid succession. He says "I wanted to get you communicating" probably meaning he wanted to film her using her signs. To which she nods and signs "all done" and goes to grab his hand with the camera in it (to me this seemed to mean, 'yeah you filmed it now listen to me' but that's just my interpretation) regardless, she wanted him to come with her. She then signs "come" again while Asa says "I'm all done you want me to come with you" so he clearly understands what she wants. Then he immediately asks "what?" She responds "all done", which he repeats aloud and she nods in confirmation. He then says "what do you need though?" She told him that at the beginning of the conversation. She signs "break" and "snack". I think she meant "open" and "snack", because she sometimes has trouble distinguishing break and open as they are very similar signs, this (to me) would mean "open the pantry, I want a snack." He says "you want me to take a break and get you food" both interpretations give the same message. She nods yes to this and begins to walk towards the kitchen, probably thinking he finally understood her. When he doesn't follow she grabs his hand and guides him to the kitchen where she finally gets her snack.

It took 40 seconds for him to listen to what she had clearly requested within the first 10 seconds of the clip. I know that that doesn't seem like a huge gap of time, but imagine if it took everyone 4x as long to understand what you say every day. All the while asking you repetitive questions. It's no wonder that she grabs and pulls at people, she is trying to communicate when they won't listen to her signs. It doesn't help that Asa only left his chair once she went back to grab him after walking off alone, that is reinforcing the pulling.

I also think Abbie understands quite a lot more words than people think she does. In a volg from their old house Priscilla tells Abbie to put something in her pocket, which Ab then does. Asa asks Priscilla "did you know she knew what pocket meant?" to which Priscilla says no. I think it's kind of weird that she told Abbie to put something in her pocket while not thinking she knew what a pocket is, but I digress. This shows Abbie knows words that not even the people around her daily expect her to know.

I really think Abbie would be really successful if her caregivers shifted their focus to teaching her more words (through the ipad or sign language). She seems to be looking for new ways to use the signs she has to expand her vocabulary in a way (such as signing 'all done' to tell other people to stop doing something when she was only taught to her as a way to say that she's done with an activity). I know Summer is generally disliked around here, but I genuinely think she's a good caregiver who Abbie has a special bond with. Of course it isn't a typical friendship, because Abbie is atypical so it makes sense that she would have atypical relationships. I'm sure that all of you have (or have had) friendships that would look odd from the outside looking in, I know I do. Anyway, in the video about how Summer and Abbie talk she says that Abbie signs things she doesn't necessarily mean in order to just say something. She clearly wants to communicate further with those around her but has not been given the tools to do so.

Also, I think it's really important to remind ourselves that Abbie is a human being. She has wants and needs and likes and dislikes, just like all of us. Just because she doesn't function at the level that we all might have at her age doesn't mean she is undeserving of a good life. She is also held to a different standard than the average 14 year old, and that's okay. She should be held to her own standard because she is her own person.

• Heart
Its always bothered me, they way they insist Isaiah be in on everything Abbie.
I remember when they made that video addressed to the caregiver who left Abbie in a soiled pull-up. Isaiah should not have had to participate in that. Or insisting Abbie be able to "hang" with his friends. Or expect Isaiah to stop and "educate" onlookers about autism. Isaiah loves Abbie, but I promise, deep down he resents her a bit too. Its only natural. His life has been taken over by all things Abbie....thats their job alone, not the job of a sibling.
Absolutely spot on rocket queen

That last bit there. Asa thinks everything he does is right. They need no guidance, advice, tips or anything else. He is the Father of ALL Things Autism. Ya been doing something for 14 years that confuses the hell out of your daughter when she is trying to process what someone else just told her to do. Of course you shouldn't stop doing that.
If he has been doing everything right for the last 14 years then how come he has been Fathering Autism and not Fathering IDD. Just saying

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Things that make me go "hmm".. Momma and Daddy really think they can control Isaiah's future? Can you say Armed Forces? The choice is completely up to him.
Next..Is it really wise to teach Abbie how to turn a stove on and cook? Many a parent has had a kid catch something on fire or burn themselves thinking they could cook all by themselves. I caught a towel on fire myself as a kid. They do it on a whim. (Yeah I lit the stove on a whim too..nearly burnt the kitchen down.) Its a curiosity thing and you can't have eyes on them every minute. Teach her to make different snacks that you don't cook. And matching dirty bacteria breeding shoes? Isn't that each person's job to put their own shoes away? Draw shapes on index cards if you're too cheap to buy some. Matching games come in lots of colors, shapes and themes. At a time when washing her hands is so important that was like telling her to put her hands in the toilet. I think somebody missed Common Sense 101 in college. Hmm..not calling anyone names..get that straight..but my grammaw used to use the term "Educated Idiots". Just sayin'

Yes cucumber, or misunderstood, lol.

They are just rubbing it in. Thats the least of the things that bother me about those two idiots. They better hope A never gets a hold of any of it. Can you even imagine, lol.
Well if they are trying to do an “ in your face “ it certainly has backfired. Cheers Asa and Priscilla.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
He responded

"You may not approve of or like what we do but it has been successful so far for us" 🤯

💡I finally found what is fueling the egos of this crazy family along with the money and the obsessed fans.......they really do believe that they are successful 😲.

I have been asking myself, what would make a 350+lb woman that CAN'T dance, cook, do makeup or parent, shuffle around the internet doing all those things shamelessly as if she's an expert?? Prissy actually encourages moms to message her for parenting and Autism advice!! Sits and does pathetic makeup sessions live. There are innocent families that look up to these people and think that Assy is some legitimate Autism dad role model!!

Assy and Prissy look at our posts for content and to see how they can throw our words back at us. Then they probably sit smugly and Pat themselves on the back. Drunk dumbbells.

🤔Hmm, success?

Is not getting your son therapy for his increasing anxiety a success? Last time I saw him in the vlog he looks like he's teetering towards depression and eating his emotions, which is bad considering he has a lot of his mother's body type and genes.

Is Abbie's anxiety and gnawing her arm a success?? You have trained her so well that she bites, kicks, pushes, wrestles, grabs and pulls other people regularly. She cannot be left without supervision for any amount of time. She's only 14 and not even Summer (her "bff") or her own mother can handle her alone. She constantly responds with "no" or demands others to be "done" until she gets what she wants, because YOU taught her that....is that success??

Is taking Abbie to school late daily and never following up with her therapies a success??

Is posting videos and photos of your child dirty, ungroomed, appearing wild and unkept success?? There are videos of her covered in blood, on the toilet, rolling on the ground and floors in public places, discussion of her pullup shredding and fecal smearing for the world to see. SUCCESS!!?

Is weighing 400+lbs, getting weight loss surgery, then continuing to eat like a pig and gaining the weight lost a success??

Is not getting Abbie the treatment and testing she needs for her obvious physical and mental decline a success??

Finally, when is neglecting, ignoring, being fraudulent with child support payment and making sure that a child that you fathered receive only the bare minimum with no concern about their life or well-being, while you and your family get fat off the good life, SUCCESS??

#successfullySTUPID
#failureneedsnowords
#truthneedsnoexcuses
#FailingAbigail
#FailingEverything

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.