Fathering Autism #11 S.O.S. we need vlog content, gotta make back all the money we spent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’m only on page 13 of 29.. so I don’t know if this has been said. But, I’m watching P’s new video making banana bread with Abbie.. if Abbie is such a “typical teen”, and “so smart”, and knows *all the things*, why would she look at Abbie and say “the oven is where we hide all your treats!!”. Because whether it’s a conscious or subconscious thought, she knows Abbie doesn’t understand a word she’s saying.
YES! Good catch!

Trailer trash" is a derogatory term used similar to a racial slur.

If you are okay with those things....that is what should really "sting".
And the r word!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think maybe you don't see Abbie as completely incapable because you have a kind optimistic spirit and want her to be able to succeed.
Hopefully you will be able to see her in a more realistic light and accept the fact that she's just not capable of much at all.
I am sad about that for her.
I don't feel as sad for Abbie about her disability as I do about the fact that she has dumbbells for parents.

Let's face it, there are all kinds of people with disabilities in the world (check out SBSK). There are blind people, deaf people, quadriplegic, paraplegic...all kinds of people with special needs that are functioning happily in their own way with the help of amazing family/friends/caregivers/doctors/technology behind them. Some have even accomplished things beyond able individuals (Stephen Hawking).

I understand that Abbie is limited, but the problem is that the dumbbells are wasting her life trying to make her appear "typical" and hoping to make her "famous"- that they are really missing out on discovering what she IS capable of.

Fathering Autism= Failing Abigail

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have a younger boy that isn't potty trained and he is just a few years younger than Ab. He was potty trained for almost a year and a half and then we had to make a school change and the new administration completely messed up his routine, denied him going and made school a living nightmare.
Thank you for sharing this. I learned more from you than that sorry excuse of a vlog called FatheringAutism.

Did pricilla put sandys dog food in the Bowl then lick her fingers?
I swear I saw that to! 🤮🤮🤮🤮

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
something must have happened between Becca and them that she never comes around much. She teacges Abby alot more than any of them do.
Corona
Nice to see that someone in that clown show is taking isolation and social distancing seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I respectfully disagree. I think she does feel emotion. Look at her arm. Just because she may not be able to express feelings like a NT doesn't mean she isn't feeling them. And just because she may not be able to identify emotions in others doesn't mean she can't be taught. Recognizing emotions to me can be as powerful as learning to communicate and often go hand in hand. I think it's bullshit for Ass to simply dismiss Abbie's emotions all together. That's suppressing her in my book. Has he even tried? There are alot of clever ways to do that. All it takes is an Internet search.
I don’t think he said she lacks emotion, he said empathy. When she stepped on Mavericks tail and he whimpered, she had no emotional response to that.

How can she be taught to recognize emotions?

Yeah the pool stresses me out. They need to build a safety fence or barrier of some kind around it for her own safety. Find it hard to believe they wouldn't have addressed the issue before moving in.
Then Abbie wouldn't be so cute jumping in the pool.

EDIT: Nvm just went back to watch, she actually pinched Sandy.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
really would be better for her (and them) to have her in a group home where she could get 24/7 care by trained caregivers and a solid routine.
Sadly, excellent group homes are not the norm. There is high turnover, awful hours, high behaviors in some, minimum wage, no experience required for the direct caregivers, back breaking cares in some. At this point Abbie is high behavior so she would be placed with other housemates with similar needs which would be a difficult place to work especially for a person who really doesn't give a tit about the individuals and makes minimum wage which leads to high turnover. And I know this is a sad subject but abuse of all sorts can happen. It can take families years to wait for an opening in a good group home that has housemates with similar needs. Unfortunate reality.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
From the opening of their Youtube vlog dated 10/21/16, The Best Thing For Your Child With Autism

Assa's narcissism says it all.

"So this is Brandy she's Abby's in-home ABA therapists she's a board certified behavior analyst and she has her master's degree;
This is Alicia she is Abigail's in-school clinical ABA therapists and she also has her master's.
This is Abigail's mom.

Among this group of highly trained and highly educated people the ones that are most qualified and most experienced are us her family"

They should change the name of their channel to "Parenting Narcissim"
YESSSS, THANK YOU!!👏👏👏

I have been wanting to quote this or address it but I couldn't remember which video it was in!! Golden example 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sadly, excellent group homes are not the norm. There is high turnover, awful hours, high behaviors in some, minimum wage, no experience required for the direct caregivers, back breaking cares in some. At this point Abbie is high behavior so she would be placed with other housemates with similar needs which would be a difficult place to work especially for a person who really doesn't give a tit about the individuals and makes minimum wage which leads to high turnover. And I know this is a sad subject but abuse of all sorts can happen. It can take families years to wait for an opening in a good group home that has housemates with similar needs. Unfortunate reality.

I think those are very likely the reasons A&P want to keep her out of a group home as long as possible. It would be great if there were more group homes or facilities that did a good job of taking care of people and if that were the case I think there might be more people willing to place their children there. At least A&P are showing love and care for Abbie in that aspect. It's tough because A&P aren't meeting all of her needs and taking care of her properly either. But comparatively speaking, being at home w. them is better than the majority of group homes out there.

• Heart
How can she be taught to recognize emotions?
Identify using photographs, showing videos of people displaying a feeling, copy the feeling and have her do it to. I bet she would be good at that with all the facial expressions she has. Put different feelings on her device and in real time as you or her are feeling the emotion point it out on the device. Damn, she is not a robot. With patience, dedication, and persistence who knows it may click. And if it never does so be it. But to not even try or be dismissive about it is failing your child. I would never give up. Abbie has a sense of humor, Abbie can be devious, Abbie can try and avoid certain things on purpose. She certainly is not useless.

Just reading as Im waiting for coffee to brew so no time to get indepth but...The emotions talk happened with Brandy years ago in the rental. They had tried and she didnt understand. Just repeating what I remember, I dont know what the Maverick and Sandy stuff is about.

Reactions: 4
I think those are very likely the reasons A&P want to keep her out of a group home as long as possible. It would be great if there were more group homes or facilities that did a good job of taking care of people and if that were the case I think there might be more people willing to place their children there. At least A&P are showing love and care for Abbie in that aspect. It's tough because A&P aren't meeting all of her needs and taking care of her properly either. But comparatively speaking, being at home w. them is better than the majority of group homes out there.
Ummm yeah cause they can’t have her parading around if she is in a home. Trust me they would do anything to have her put away but right now the money outweighs that.

Ummm yeah cause they can’t have her parading around if she is in a home. Trust me they would do anything to have her put away but right now the money outweighs that.
I'm sure that definitely plays a big part in it. I don't know that I agree that money is more important to them beyond all else. It's a huge motivating factor, for sure and they certainly enjoy spending. They are using her for their income - I don't dispute that. I just don't think it's fair to say they don't care about her AT ALL and that $$$ is the only thing that matters.

Reactions: 3
you're saying everything I'm thinking, and saying it wonderfully! we have all seen that she is capable of learning some of these tasks/skills, because we've seen her do them in the past, and she has regressed. and I understand that it would be exhausting to have to constantly work with her on these things - but they work from home, and this is their literal job. there is no excuse for them to not be following through on these things from school/ABA at home. they need to stop saying that Abbie thrives on chaos and start working on a schedule and consistency for her.
Both of you are on point IMO. My job has four different location/buildings for different needs. Vocational, medical, recreational, and an Autism program. I worked in one building for four years. One of the gentleman would sit in a chair and refuse to do anything. With patience and persistence (and years) I had that guy following a schedule, pushing a cart to collect dishes, going on outings, discovered he could write which blew everyone's mind. After fours years I got a higher position at the vocational building. Three months later I went back to visit and guess what, he was sitting in that same damn chair refusing to do anything because staff was to damn lazy or bias because of his past to work with him. My ramble is to point out anything is possible. Ass to me purposely suppresses Abbie for views. Like the stealing food. He has no intention of correcting that because that would require to much work and hey, it's cute, it gets clicks.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Did anyone find it could of been alittle confusing to Abbie being taught to cross the street in the house? It screwed with my head...I think that was insulting to watch, waste of time, it’s almost patronizing

Abbie was clueless about the signs. She had no idea why they were crossing the street over and over. I feel if A and P had not started exploiting Abbie and instead, learned as much as they could about her disability, they may be doing better by her. They just dropped the ball.

Yes, I am familiar with group homes. Abbie doesn’t give a duck who’s keeping her fed as long as she’s getting food. Abbie is not safe where she is or with them. Especially with asswipe and pissy drinking all day and night. Abbie is not properly supervised. At least in a facility she will be properly monitored 24/7.
WTF? There is NO reason to have Abbie removed from her parents and her home. Cut it out.

I would say Abbie would have a much greater chance of being harmed, abused or even sexually abused in a home. She wouldn't be able to tell anyone what was happening to her. She is properly surpervised, she is never alone, they always know exactly where she is. The doors all have locks and alarms, she is gated in her room at night. They monitor that gal 24/7. She is not going to wander in the kitchen and burn the house down. She is not going to stumble in the pool and drown. Because you see the parents having a few drinks does not mean they are falling down, puking drunks.

We all parents differently, that is no reason to have your kids taken away unless they are being harmed.. That is just nonsense.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
So,today is Monday. It’s a brand new “school” week. What shall the lesson today be? Will they still be doing the weather? The Pledge? Will it be Summer or P?
Will the vlog-evangelist have more self isolation tips? What will they dine on today?
They have a need for loads of coffee,have at the moment 2 coffee makers,but still “need” to go to DD? Am sure any excuse they can find to try and sway DD to become a sponsor,and also a means to get out of the house.

Still don’t understand how they can drink during the day when they have a child such as Abbie. Oh wait,am sure it’s all okay as they have Isiah and Summer to “take” over.

• Heart
You know what Asa, since Dunkin won't bite, here are a list of brands that would be PERFECT to $ponsor your $how:
  1. PEPTO BISMOL (Cause ya'll vlogging around the pool, :sick:viewers seriously need it)
  2. TYLENOL (Cause who can watch without getting a headache😤)
  3. ST. JOHN'S WART ( Cause them hands 😖)
  4. DOVE SOAP (Cause them feet 😩)
  5. PREPARATION H ( Cause those 80 hours at the"office" and all that beef and potatoes has got to be.... tough 🤫)
Your Welcome

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
So,today is Monday. It’s a brand new “school” week. What shall the lesson today be? Will they still be doing the weather? The Pledge? Will it be Summer or P?
Will the vlog-evangelist have more self isolation tips? What will they dine on today?
They have a need for loads of coffee,have at the moment 2 coffee makers,but still “need” to go to DD? Am sure any excuse they can find to try and sway DD to become a sponsor,and also a means to get out of the house.

Still don’t understand how they can drink during the day when they have a child such as Abbie. Oh wait,am sure it’s all okay as they have Isiah and Summer to “take” over.
*Ding ding ding!* Notice on the last video when Abbie jumped in the pool it was only Summer and Isaiah who reacted?? To be honest tho, they've relied on Isaiah to go after her for quite a while now, seeing as the two of them aren't, ahem, in shape/fit enough to catch her themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What drives me nuts and I hope their fans are seeing this. P and A acting so concerned about their fans. "tell us how you are doing" "we care so much" They don't even care enough to like fans posts much less comment. To sit by the pool eating steak, having drinks while complaining "this tit just got real" kills me.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hey I don’t mean to be “that person” but ABA isn’t a great tool for autistic people...you could join a FB group for autistic people and parents etc of autistic people called “Autism Inclusivity” or read writings by autistic people too..Many autistic people are very outspoken about the harms of ABA, which is a big reason why they *hate* Fathering Autism, because of how they treat Abbie. P even went in the group after someone snitched about who called CPS on them, and people tried to educate her, and she wouldn’t listen...
I really have no clue what ABA is and will probably research it since I have an abundance of time to do so now in this new normal. But I always admired the way Brandi interacted and taught Abbie. Is the way Brandi goes about teaching Abbie an example of being harmful or does it go deeper? No sarcasm or disrespect, just want to be aware cause I ain't getting it from the tit show!

Abbie was clueless about the signs. She had no idea why they were crossing the street over and over. I feel if A and P had not started exploiting Abbie and instead, learned as much as they could about her disability, they may be doing better by her. They just dropped the ball.

WTF? There is NO reason to have Abbie removed from her parents and her home. Cut it out.

I would say Abbie would have a much greater chance of being harmed, abused or even sexually abused in a home. She wouldn't be able to tell anyone what was happening to her. She is properly surpervised, she is never alone, they always know exactly where she is. The doors all have locks and alarms, she is gated in her room at night. They monitor that gal 24/7. She is not going to wander in the kitchen and burn the house down. She is not going to stumble in the pool and drown. Because you see the parents having a few drinks does not mean they are falling down, puking drunks.

We all parents differently, that is no reason to have your kids taken away unless they are being harmed.. That is just nonsense.
I will keep saying Abiie belongs in an appropriate care facility. You cut it out! You prefer Abbie’s needs not being met, being taunted for views, being exploited for money? I could go on and on. Don’t tell me how to feel or what to post. You have no right.

We only see what they choose to post 😉 Assa admitted that Abbie wondered a half mile away from home and was found in a nasty pond. Wake up

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.