Fathering Autism #11 S.O.S. we need vlog content, gotta make back all the money we spent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe real reason butcher block stepped away from them.... they saw the crap job they do properly preparing food...
Yes that prime rib most definitely died a hard death. Must be nice margaritas by the pool

• Haha
Reactions: 9
These gluttons sued a school district because they claimed the system failed Abbie. Okay,good on them. So,they get into a very good school from all accounts,paid in part by funding.
And there is where it ends. School is more than likely doing what they are supposed to do,but the parents drop the ball when school day ends.
Of course Abbie deserves down time after school,but that does not mean snacks and sit in corner on the couch. Two parent household,a full time respite worker/friend,another respite worker(Becca) and Brandy. Abbie should be much further along than she is- but she can’t. For every time someone such as Brandy makes a recommendation,there’s Arse,giving excuses why not,talking over her,etc.
And when she leaves- that’s it til next visit. Nothing in between from what all the vlogging shows.
They have more resources than most do,and they have IMO squandered them. They brag about meetings to discuss her IEP and still don’t seem to have had any clue just what she was learning.
If this is okay w JSA,then my opinion of them has lessened. The school board or who ever needs to take a long hard look at what they are paying for. And maybe rethink it. Maybe offer up that grant to a waiting family who will actually work w both the child and the school.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
something must have happened between Becca and them that she never comes around much. She teacges Abby alot more than any of them do.
Becca probably has a brain and paid attention to the warnings about covid-19.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
you're saying everything I'm thinking, and saying it wonderfully! we have all seen that she is capable of learning some of these tasks/skills, because we've seen her do them in the past, and she has regressed. and I understand that it would be exhausting to have to constantly work with her on these things - but they work from home, and this is their literal job. there is no excuse for them to not be following through on these things from school/ABA at home. they need to stop saying that Abbie thrives on chaos and start working on a schedule and consistency for her.
Thank you. :)
You bring up another good point - in past videos we have seen her doing a lot of the things they're trying to get her to do now. This shows that she IS capable. But then Asa got more $$$ focused and wanting to be a big time youtuber and moved away from focusing on Abbie's autism (and her IDD altho they really dislike talking about that part). A&P got super lazy with taking care of Abbie's needs and, as we've been saying, she has now regressed. Not only that but Abbie has become accustomed to not having a lot asked of her and that has become her new normal and what is most comfortable for her. She's always had difficulties with transitions and so it's going to be a rough road getting her back to where she ought to be. As you said, it's going to be exhausting and stressful, but I don't think it's impossible.
I can't recall who said it, but another user on here said that it's not that Abbie thrives on chaos, but having a lot of action happening around her. She still relies on and needs her routines - she just enjoys some excitement going on because it's more enjoyable than rocking in the corner of the couch.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
what??? What did I miss? You can say that on here?
That is so wrong. The majority of us are on here want to protect Abbie from being exploited. Bummer is there because she is brain washed. She is young and finding her way. She stopped my the Masses on her way to adulthood and gets to be on YT. IMO

Talking about Abbie's learning and behavioral problems, the sad truth is who knows at this point if she will ever progress anymore. It's not that she isn't capable, we've all seen the older videos at this point and know she can learn, but she has two parents who fail her every day. And I put most of that blame on Assman. That POS is controlling and I'm sure behind the scenes, he doesn't let P have any say when it comes to a lot of things. I know in the past when P tried to do anything, here comes the Moobmonster to tell her how it is.

Abbie has never been punished because Assman doesn't allow it, he's even commented about it in many videos, and he does it in a way where again, he's very manipulative about it. It's utterly sickening. To him, everyone is the problem except his princess. He is the one who's the problem and holding her back from further learning. He knows zero about Autism or what's actually good for his own child. He says she thieves on chaos, but he's the one who thieves on it because he can film it for all those monies he loves. She HAS to have a routine. It has to be simple. Cleaning her room, plating her food, etc. We all know the drill by now. And for the love of God, how about telling her straight up "NO" for once? And sticking with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Did anyone find it could of been alittle confusing to Abbie being taught to cross the street in the house? It screwed with my head...I think that was insulting to watch, waste of time, it’s almost patronizing

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well (and I speak with 0 experience so bear that in mind :) )
Wouldn’t it be better to address the BEHAVIOUR since behaviour is communication?! And also, like other have been saying for ages on this page, ENTERTAIN HER! I think I now see what ppl mean when they say her anger is also out of boredom but also out of and not being listened to, eg if she wants a snack, yes A&P, it is still possible to give her a snack, maybe a cracker or some carrot sticks or something 🤷‍♀️
All just imo
Yes. Ideally, the sooner the behaviours are dealt with, the better. I hate to be a downer, because I dont really think anyone is a lost cause, but... I don't really see any of them dealing with it until it's too late.

They just laugh and somehow find it cute. I used to feel bad for them when I first found them because I know I wouldn't be able to deal with it (I have two autistic children myself, am generally known as a patient person, and have an ABA background)

If they started now, Abbie would greatly benefit. Sadly, I just dont see it happening.

Reactions: 15
Did anyone find it could of been alittle confusing to Abbie being taught to cross the street in the house? It screwed with my head...I think that was insulting to watch, waste of time, it’s almost patronizing
Yes. Waste of time. I dont think she was connecting it to crossing a street at all. Her father was saying walk and stop in her living room and Summer was guiding her by the shoulder. Abbie didnt have the vaguest idea of what she was doing

Reactions: 17
Have you been to a group home?
Frankly, most individuals in a group home are capable of much more than Abbie is. And yes, in a group home they are taught to open doors and gates, cook, cross the street....they arent sitting in padded rooms like an institution.
A&P are garbage, but we know Asa loves her. She would not be "loved" in a group home, she would be cared for by people who are also caring for 3 or 4 others. Abbie would regress and lash out, self harm, end up rocking in restraints and doped up.
Yes, I am familiar with group homes. Abbie doesn’t give a duck who’s keeping her fed as long as she’s getting food. Abbie is not safe where she is or with them. Especially with asswipe and pissy drinking all day and night. Abbie is not properly supervised. At least in a facility she will be properly monitored 24/7.

Reactions: 7
You bring up another good point - in past videos we have seen her doing a lot of the things they're trying to get her to do now. This shows that she IS capable. But then Asa got more $$$ focused and wanting to be a big time youtuber and moved away from focusing on Abbie's autism (and her IDD altho they really dislike talking about that part). A&P got super lazy with taking care of Abbie's needs and, as we've been saying, she has now regressed. Not only that but Abbie has become accustomed to not having a lot asked of her and that has become her new normal and what is most comfortable for her. She's always had difficulties with transitions and so it's going to be a rough road getting her back to where she ought to be. As you said, it's going to be exhausting and stressful, but I don't think it's impossible.
I can't recall who said it, but another user on here said that it's not that Abbie thrives on chaos, but having a lot of action happening around her. She still relies on and needs her routines - she just enjoys some excitement going on because it's more enjoyable than rocking in the corner of the couch.
others may have mentioned it as well, but that's a point I've said recently! it's great that noise and activity isn't a sensory trigger for her and that she actually enjoys it - but they can't pretend that that means she hates routines. imagine if there was more consistency in her life beyond going to school (late every day, at that). if they stuck to bedtimes and wake up times as much as possible, if she had to put her blankets and pillows back on her bed every morning, if they weren't constantly traveling and messing up her routine and instead making her repeat these skills. even them trying to teach her about her yelling stim, which regardless of whether or not it's possible to teach her that at this point, they are not consistent with at all - she is constantly yelling in the background without being told she has to go up to her room. there's no consistency in anything they do at home.

there's been a lot of discussion here lately about her needing to be in a care facility. I don't doubt that that is down the road for her at some point, but working on consistency and these small skills will go a long way for when that arises. she'll never be making her own grilled cheese, but if they could focus on the potty training, making her bed, getting out/putting away dishes - these are skills that would really benefit her in the future, whatever ends up happening.

• Heart
I worked in a group home for nearly a year. She would have to be not only in a very high level home, but you are right- we would not be able to handle someone like Abbie. My clients were mostly able to care for themselves (hygiene) if they were prompted. We made sure they had their meals and meds, their home was clean, but they were able to manage themselves much better than I have ever seen abbie do. She will always need intense one on one care. The best we could do for her would be to medicate the hell out of her, as we simply dong have the resources for someone of her needs.

It sucks and is sad, but is true. I'm glad that summer and Isaiah seem to care for abbie as much as they do, because someone needs to watch out for her after Asa and Priscilla pass away.
Are you suggesting that Dummer and Isaiah will be the ones to care for Abbie when ass and pissy are pushing up daisies?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes. Waste of time. I dont think she was connecting it to crossing a street at all. Her father was saying walk and stop in her living room and Summer was guiding her by the shoulder. Abbie didnt have the vaguest idea of what she was doing
I agree that she definitely did not connect that to crossing the street at all. but considering that the last time they took her out to try and do it outside was when she bit her arm enough to draw blood, I actually don't blame them for not taking her out there again right away. however, there was probably a better way for them to work on this with her. starting by doing it outside, especially since that is where they moved her "classroom". they could have used tape or chalk on the sidewalk/their patio to try and stimulate there being a clear line of where the road starts, etc..

I think a lot of this goes back to how much prompting they have to use to get her to successfully complete tasks. they have to cover up so much of other options when she's choosing something on a sheet (see her scavenger hunt, the grocery ad exercise, etc.) or straight up point her to the right answer. but here's the thing - it's okay if she doesn't know! but it means they should be scaling these activities to her level instead of setting her up for failure. hey, Asa - I'll even let you blame it on having to "home school" instead of her working in her usual school environment that is throwing her off in order to save face with the minions, but just bring the expectations to her level and build back up as she improves.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone noticed that Isaiah is getting the same body shape as his father, I'm trying to be diplomatic here 😉
He’s totally getting that same body... only thing that saved him was football. Now that he’s 18 ... we can sit back and watch the weight pile on as it has been recently #theserolls

• Haha
pink/zaza? same account? just wondering...

Are you suggesting that Dummer and Isaiah will be the ones to care for Abbie when ass and pissy are pushing up daisies?
I feel like there's a good chance, yeah. I know Isaiah will be in charge of her (there was a vlog quite a while ago). He would have access to her funds, to pay for her housing and caretaking needs. I will be very surprised if that's all he ends up doing.

He is interested in doing ABA in college as well. I really hope he doesnt spend his whole life caring for her directly, but it does seem like the path.

As far as Summer goes, yes. I believe they've been grooming her for a while now to care for Abbie. (I dont believe theres anythint sexual there, just for clarity. But I do think they've been manipulating Summer for this.)

• Heart
I think they mistake Ab "liking chaos" to her just enjoying having fun.

I have mentioned before I am on the spectrum. I am very routine focused. Any change throws me off. Recent example is this health crisis. I shop once a week. I know what my store has. I can plan meals accordingly (I homeschool, work from home as an artist and teach art therapy) but with the shelves cleared and me at high risk because if suppressed immune system not only have I not left the house but I completely shut down when trying to meal plan or structure my day. Because that constant is removed. But I think we all like to have things we can depend on. The deference is how easily a person adjusts. Ab needs that constant and stability.

Now who doesn't like having fin, being silly, get those feel good hormones going. That does not equate needing chaos. I have never once seen Ab thriving off it. Laughing and having fun yes. But when things are off what she expects and are routine she breaks down.

I don't understand, as a parent, how they can keep up with that line of thinking when even after all the editing it proves to be BS.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes. Ideally, the sooner the behaviours are dealt with, the better. I hate to be a downer, because I dont really think anyone is a lost cause, but... I don't really see any of them dealing with it until it's too late.

They just laugh and somehow find it cute. I used to feel bad for them when I first found them because I know I wouldn't be able to deal with it (I have two autistic children myself, am generally known as a patient person, and have an ABA background)

If they started now, Abbie would greatly benefit. Sadly, I just dont see it happening.
Hey I don’t mean to be “that person” but ABA isn’t a great tool for autistic people...you could join a FB group for autistic people and parents etc of autistic people called “Autism Inclusivity” or read writings by autistic people too..Many autistic people are very outspoken about the harms of ABA, which is a big reason why they *hate* Fathering Autism, because of how they treat Abbie. P even went in the group after someone snitched about who called CPS on them, and people tried to educate her, and she wouldn’t listen...

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
From the opening of their Youtube vlog dated 10/21/16, The Best Thing For Your Child With Autism

Assa's narcissism says it all.

"So this is Brandy she's Abby's in-home ABA therapists she's a board certified behavior analyst and she has her master's degree;
This is Alicia she is Abigail's in-school clinical ABA therapists and she also has her master's.
This is Abigail's mom.

Among this group of highly trained and highly educated people the ones that are most qualified and most experienced are us her family"

They should change the name of their channel to "Parenting Narcissim"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.