Fathering Autism #104 You can’t tell P’s back from her front,because she has so many gunts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WHY ARE THEY ONLY TEACHING HER FOOD WORDS!?!?!?!
Because then they can make it seem like Ab wants to eat at certain restaraunts ALL THE TIME, etc, and they of course can shove their snouts full too. Kind of like blaming her for destroying the couches all time even though their maassive poundage helps too.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Without FB and insta poor P can't "work her business." Wonder if they will vlog bitching about it. How DARE Facebook!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
My question if all those words are on her device ...how come we never hear her even accidentally push a non food related button? Did they freeze all the other choices? Can that be done?

Also..is it the "experts" that put "nature valley granola bar", zaxbys, dunkin, cart ride, chipotle, etc... did it take experts to put those choices in?
And I doubt like heck that they "consulted with the professionals" first before they added those words! Highly unlikely!

Without FB and insta poor P can't "work her business." Wonder if they will vlog bitching about it. How DARE Facebook!
If only to see her start to really have to "work her business"... without all the on line prompts and hints for a day! She'd go nuts!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I think I may have misspoke. There is no proof that I've seen in the vlogs that Sherry is living in the "shack." I jumped to that conclusion when they said "Miss Sherry" has just left.
We all get sucked into making assumptions with the Maassives. We all understand. 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think I may have misspoke. There is no proof that I've seen in the vlogs that Sherry is living in the "shack." I jumped to that conclusion when they said "Miss Sherry" has just left.
I wondered if she had moved in when I saw it too. She’s certainly there a lot for someone who doesn’t live there.
I can hear the absolute meltdown happening in the manor as we type. Cilla can’t do her crappy live. Cilla can’t post her fake love for her child. People can’t contact her for a colour match. How is she supposed to flog slimelife
And I doubt like heck that they "consulted with the professionals" first before they added those words! Highly unlikely!
don’t even get me started on the last vlog! The stuff they are doing now should have been done years ago!
I also think JSA have been complaining about Abbie ‘requesting’ aka jabbing zaxbys all day every day and have told them to do something about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Damn, today is Monday and they don’t drop FailingAustism videos on Monday. And insta and Facebook is down. Great Monday but sucky at the same time lol.

Also I wanted to talk about Abbie’s communication device. I’ve always been confused why he shows us all these words, all these categories, but yet Abbie only taps food related choices. It’s so blatantly obvious the disregard they have for their daughter. Wtf kind of sense did it take to consult with a professional about adding words, categories and actually following through. A big ole pile of idiots.

Ive always been the believer that when God gives you a child that requires extra care, guidance, etc, that He believes you are capable of such task. And the Maasives have failed Abbie. 100% and that’s what they’ll be remembered for.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Right??! If I would have waited for all the so called "experts" to approve of what we did with our kiddo, he would not be where he is today. *I* am the one who got him his AAC, *I* am the one who taught him how to use it, *I* am the one adding new things to it as he broadens his interests and to help him gain a little more independence. Shoot, this kid went into McD's with me and used his AAC to order his food. No therapist taught him that....*I* did.
Yes ! Yes ! We as parents are nothing like Asa and Cilla ! Because we are involved , we truly love and care for our beloved children . If my daughter had interest ( This was in the 80's early 90's before Ipad 's or Acc's ) I would think how can we peak her interest in the activity or her comunication ? I would try this at home then give the positive feed back to her speech therapist , O.T. P.T. a parent knows their child we have a special connection . A parent's got to do what a parent's gotta do . JunoandMaya , I understand what you are saying , been there done that . When you find that something that broadens his or her interest ......... I call it the flow of enlightment , you see you're child moving foward , slowing coming out of the shell , more eye contact , relaxed body language , decrease of stimming . You just have to keep moving forward keep researching , asking questions . Sadly Abbie's parents have not done this for her . The consequence for that is that she is delayed with her life and communication skills . The neglect Abbie has endured from her parents is heartbreaking . Where is CPS ? JSA has to know of the neglect ? Abbie is alone ....... Am I the only one who sees this ? Someone please get her out of that house , away from those 2 horrific parents ?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh man... so much to say :/

Abbie is both SO ahead of them psychologically and so far behind in adl and more of course.

idk why I'm still in shock over this.

The food icons are easily retrieved, other icons ahe can actually learn/use are so buried under other icons to press she can't even get to the damn screen to say anything if she could

I thought she should have an amazing bedroom full of toys (toddler aged plus or minus)... I feel like she'd get much enjoyment out just touching them and pushing buttons etc... then even I realized, best nit in the bedroom. Her room should be understood for sleeping. So how about a play room. Yes I know she was supposed to have a grand sensory room but how about any damn thing. So sad. Truly.

There are people at the school in their 30s, Idk why I thought she'd age out at 18.

Watching older videos make me personally imho see her not only regresss but stagnate.

Hitting me hard today.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What I find so sad is how small they make Abbie's world. Kaitlin did a recent vlog about Kaidale and his activities. She commented about his relationship with his coaches. She does a very good job at exposing her son to new people and things and keeping him engaged. I understand that I can't compare Abbie and Kaidale, but there must be group activities that Abbie could be involved in if only to introduce her to new people. What happened with Surfers for Autism?
*Abbie seems to have a problem with most people. She really doesn't have friends from JSA, just Kaidale and only because Priscilla wanted her as a friend, and Kaitlin is an idiot, so perfect match.
*This could be a problem when she is placed inside a group home. She's going to have problems with other people, stealing people's food, attacking other patients and staff. She lacks structure, communication, and social interactions, and of course respect and manners just like dear old dad.
*I believe they said surfers for autism is down indefinitely because of Coronavirus. I believe I read also that it was sold to a different person, or the person retired who was in charge of it. 🤷

Dramatic eye roll 🙄 I’m forced to actually watch his ish today
At least his videos are more entertaining even though they're boring like watching paint dry compared to the whole week of FA "VLOGS".

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Right??! If I would have waited for all the so called "experts" to approve of what we did with our kiddo, he would not be where he is today. *I* am the one who got him his AAC, *I* am the one who taught him how to use it, *I* am the one adding new things to it as he broadens his interests and to help him gain a little more independence. Shoot, this kid went into McD's with me and used his AAC to order his food. No therapist taught him that....*I* did.
When I was teaching, you were the parent we all loved. So many parents are hands off and teachers know it. I had the under 10’s, no autistic kids, and so many parents hold their kids back. No follow through is just as discouraging for the teacher as it is for the kids. I used to be all over my ID kid to do not only what he was doing at school but also working on skills that will help him along the way. Reading, math, critical independent thinking. We inherited a garden center my oldest runs and my ID kid knows so much about plants and optimal growing conditions for almost every thing in the store. I have a jungle of trees and plants in my house and he has taken on the role of caring for them. He talks to them, water and fertilizes them and really loves doing it. Those plants hold a treasure trove of his secrets. I can’t do much at the moment but stare at his perfect for him life. I’m totally isolated from all of my kids and it sucks. I only get to see my husband when I need meds or a feed change. It sucks.

Damn, today is Monday and they don’t drop FailingAustism videos on Monday. And insta and Facebook is down. Great Monday but sucky at the same time lol.

Also I wanted to talk about Abbie’s communication device. I’ve always been confused why he shows us all these words, all these categories, but yet Abbie only taps food related choices. It’s so blatantly obvious the disregard they have for their daughter. Wtf kind of sense did it take to consult with a professional about adding words, categories and actually following through. A big ole pile of idiots.

Ive always been the believer that when God gives you a child that requires extra care, guidance, etc, that He believes you are capable of such task. And the Maasives have failed Abbie. 100% and that’s what they’ll be remembered for.
Didn’t they add Zaxbys and Chipotle on her iPad? I remember a video where they had to slow down the speed of the device so it could say chipotle right.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh my. I just love their comment section 😹
(In case you haven’t noticed 😎)
2FB4B8BD-017B-471C-8DAB-40A6528F5365.jpeg
8E29B03B-56B3-4027-9B7F-A3666DA9E8E8.jpeg
CD0CA140-2848-43B4-B1D8-4BF39BB77CB3.jpeg
A02869A0-7A65-410E-85F4-A2ED4F202B55.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
*Abbie seems to have a problem with most people. She really doesn't have friends from JSA, just Kaidale and only because Priscilla wanted her as a friend, and Kaitlin is an idiot, so perfect match.
*This could be a problem when she is placed inside a group home. She's going to have problems with other people, stealing people's food, attacking other patients and staff. She lacks structure, communication, and social interactions, and of course respect and manners just like dear old dad.
*I believe they said surfers for autism is down indefinitely because of Coronavirus. I believe I read also that it was sold to a different person, or the person retired who was in charge of it. 🤷

At least his videos are more entertaining even though they're boring like watching paint dry compared to the whole week of FA "VLOGS".
I don't believe that she has problems with people as she really warmed up to Lurch from the very beginning. I think the problem is that she simply isn't exposed to new, independent relationships and activities. Not to be rude or to disparage Abbie, but I compare her to a pet who never sees anyone outside of their family. Those pets can be nervous, shy, aggressive etc when new people come around or they might be excited and happy. She is so insulated that it makes me sad and angry. There are programs that she could try if only her lard arse parents would facilitate it. Kaitlin has been proactive to find programs and there is no reason for Abbie to not be introduced to new people and experiences.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
When I was teaching, you were the parent we all loved. So many parents are hands off and teachers know it. I had the under 10’s, no autistic kids, and so many parents hold their kids back. No follow through is just as discouraging for the teacher as it is for the kids. I used to be all over my ID kid to do not only what he was doing at school but also working on skills that will help him along the way. Reading, math, critical independent thinking. We inherited a garden center my oldest runs and my ID kid knows so much about plants and optimal growing conditions for almost every thing in the store. I have a jungle of trees and plants in my house and he has taken on the role of caring for them. He talks to them, water and fertilizes them and really loves doing it. Those plants hold a treasure trove of his secrets. I can’t do much at the moment but stare at his perfect for him life. I’m totally isolated from all of my kids and it sucks. I only get to see my husband when I need meds or a feed change. It sucks.

Didn’t they add Zaxbys and Chipotle on her iPad? I remember a video where they had to slow down the speed of the device so it could say chipotle right.

I hear that from our therapists and teachers. We've always been pretty involved parents, so I really don't know how to be any other way....lol. My boy loves playing in the dirt, so maybe gardening will be something for him? He loves to just squish it all with his hands. Every spring or early summer he just has a good ole time feeling the dirt in his hands. I am sorry that you are isolated from your kids and hubby. That has to just suck. I hope you are feeling better and keep kicking ass.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Much love from here!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Kimmied
Sending positive 💓 for healing and hoping you start feeling better soon. Sorry about the visiting restrictions...is there anyway to connect on line like with Skype or Facetime?
I know when I was in hospital then rehab it was hard for me and hubby...neither one of us are that internet savy so we just visited via phone. Glad to see you back posting a bit.🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.