Fathering Autism #102 Asa tries to be whimsical, but really he's just an imbecile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
wanted to share this with you all. It gives me hope for my grandson, and makes me sad for Abbie.
Long post, so dip out now if not interested, but I need to get it off my chest.

I have four grandkids, but this is about two of them.
"A' is 4.
"L" is 2 as of last week.

L belongs to one daughter, A to my other daughter- both boys. They are very close cousins. Yesterday evening all of my grands came for (yes! lol) ice cream and a swim because it was the last time I can see them for just over 3 weeks. Starting today I am back in a Covid "bubble" and will have a rapid test before surgery. I have to stay in my bubble 2 weeks post-op, because getting Covid with a large neck incision and brace (coughing! cant move neck) would be very bad. ( Although L and daughter live with me now- long story, but I put L on my insurance to make sure he has the best care I can give him)

You may remember we were having L evaluated in July. He is non-verbal, and indeed on the spectrum. He started Early Intervention four weeks ago. He goes 2 hrs a day, 3 times a week. He loves it. He gets so excited when we drop him off, and the things hes learned already have blown my mind. Just a small example but a big deal: L never properly played with toys. He loved cars and trucks, but all he did was line them up by size. Or color. Or pick them up and spin the wheels. Now, he crashes them around, and makes "vroom" sounds LOL. He's also learned to point to himself and then the object or person he wants. Huge!! So proud of him!! :love::love:

Anyway, I have a small mini fridge in my garage near the pool with popsicles and drinks for the kiddos. Nope- nothing as swanky as Asa's, lol, just my sons old dorm fridge inside my garage, but I digress... I saw L telling A, in his limited way, that he wanted a drink. I was going call A over to explain what L meant, when I saw A nod yes, and off they went into the garage. A minute later they came out with juice boxes. L is a bit picky. He only drinks apple juice. No colored drinks at all. Sure enough, he had apple juice and A had punch.

I called A over, and asked him- how did you know that L was thirsty and what he wanted to drink?
A, who just turned 4 mind you, said: Huh? ( lol)
Me- he cant talk, A, but you knew what he was saying. How?
A- shrugged me off and said: He talks a lot. Dont you hear him?

Guys- make fun of me, whatever, lol, but I started to cry right there. A four yr old has been communicating with L on his level without issue or effort, and when I think back, he always has. L always gravitated to A. Now I know why. A was "listening" to him. We've spent so long worrying about actual speech, we havent really listened to him. Its like- crushed my heart, and I've thought of nothing since. Of course our goal is for him to begin speaking. But if not, I will make sure that he and everyone around him learns how to "speak" and "hear" him and learn and every damn sign or modified sign we can. Point is, Abbie is 16. Not 2. How can they not give a tit about her communication?! My Gbaby is only TWO and I am crushed to think we havent always "heard" him. I mean crushed. And the Massives, well they just dont care. Its weighed heavily on me all morning.
My heart is broke for her. :cry::cry:

Thats all. Just wanted to share. It really is different watching these assholes when someone you love is on the spectrum. I dont know how some of you have done it for so long. They make me sick.

Now back to snark! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I'd bet anything the dogs DO go inside. As little walking and outside time they get, I'll bet they both pee and poo inside.
I bet that is the reason they got rid of the carpet in the family room ( the design inspired P to get pajamas just like it… she had Omar use the rug to make them for her

• Haha
Reactions: 15
wanted to share this with you all. It gives me hope for my grandson, and makes me sad for Abbie.

"A' is 4.

L belongs to one daughter, A to my other daughter- both boys. They are very close cousins. Yesterday evening all of my grands came for (yes! lol) ice cream and a swim because it was the last time I can see them for just over 3 weeks. Starting today I am back in a Covid "bubble" and will have a rapid test before surgery. I have to stay in my bubble 2 weeks post-op, because getting Covid with a large neck incision and brace (coughing! cant move neck) would be very bad. ( Although L and daughter live with me now- long story, but I put L on my insurance to make sure he has the best care I can give him)

You may remember we were having L evaluated in July. He is non-verbal, and indeed on the spectrum. He started Early Intervention four weeks ago. He goes 2 hrs a day, 3 times a week. He loves it. He gets so excited when we drop him off, and the things hes learned already have blown my mind. Just a small example but a big deal: L never properly played with toys. He loved cars and trucks, but all he did was line them up by size. Or color. Or pick them up and spin the wheels. Now, he crashes them around, and makes "vroom" sounds LOL. He's also learned to point to himself and then the object or person he wants. Huge!! So proud of him!! :love::love:

Anyway, I have a small mini fridge in my garage near the pool with popsicles and drinks for the kiddos. Nope- nothing as swanky as Asa's, lol, just my sons old dorm fridge inside my garage, but I digress... I saw L telling A, in his limited way, that he wanted a drink. I was going call A over to explain what L meant, when I saw A nod yes, and off they went into the garage. A minute later they came out with juice boxes. L is a bit picky. He only drinks apple juice. No colored drinks at all. Sure enough, he had apple juice and A had punch.

I called A over, and asked him- how did you know that L was thirsty and what he wanted to drink?

Guys- make fun of me, whatever, lol, but I started to cry right there. A four yr old has been communicating with L on his level without issue or effort, and when I think back, he always has. L always gravitated to A. Now I know why. A was "listening" to him. We've spent so long worrying about actual speech, we havent really listened to him. Its like- crushed my heart, and I've thought of nothing since. Of course our goal is for him to begin speaking. But if not, I will make sure that he and everyone around him learns how to "speak" and "hear" him and learn and every damn sign or modified sign we can. Point is, Abbie is 16. Not 2. How can they not give a tit about her communication?! My Gbaby is only TWO and I am crushed to think we havent always "heard" him. I mean crushed. And the Massives, well they just dont care. Its weighed heavily on me all morning.

Thats all. Just wanted to share. It really is different watching these assholes when someone you love is on the spectrum. I dont know how some of you have done it for so long. They make me sick.

Now back to snark! 😂
This gave me chills. I rarely have that reaction to things. Such a moving experience. Thank you for sharing it Spiritual, mystical, magical, and loving all rolled into one. How wonderful for you to have this experience♥ Wishing you all the best these upcoming weeks. I am sure this sweet experience will help you through. “ Out of the mouths of babes “. ❤❤❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Starting many 'projects' but never finishing them or else doing it half-Assa'd. Imparting his wisdom on how to get 'famous' to anyone who will listen with many many self-congratulations. He's a jack-ass of many trades, master of none.
Oh! I almost forgot! Abbie, I mean Asa won the WeGo Health Award a few years ago! If that doesn't PROVE how much he contributes and what an honest to goodness GOOD human he is, then I don't know what will! I mean, not just anyone wins those, right?
They haven’t been able to buy anymore awards… oops I mean “win, since they boat the boat,rv,truck,condo and McMansion. All of their excess cash isn’t going to prove how amazing they are. I wonder what they will show any social workers if they are called in again to investigate their care of their paychecks… oops I mean Abbie.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This gave me chills. I rarely have that reaction to things. Such a moving experience. Thank you for sharing it Spiritual, mystical, magical, and loving all rolled into one. How wonderful for you to have this experience♥ Wishing you all the best these upcoming weeks. I am sure this sweet experience will help you through. “ Out of the mouths of babes “. ❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thank you. ❤
In hindsight, I said "crushed" over and over- but it was truly crushing. Destroying, humbling, you name it.
I never want to be like Asa. Talk a big game and teach nothing. I do not care if L draws pictures, uses smoke signals, makes up his own signs- as long as he can be heard. Asa is so fixated on the device and what he perceives as perfect, progressing communication and his idea of how it should look that he's never even tried to hear her. P doesnt even want to hear her.
I realized that I wasnt paying enough attention- just waiting for the spoken word- and I'll never let that happen again.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I forgot to mention this when it was in the Vlog a few days back - maybe last week. Are we supposed to believe that Abbie is able to do the Nettie Pot??? There is absolutely no way in hell. The coordination it takes to breathe through your mouth and not your nose while you're pouring that tit into your nostril - it takes everything I have to do it myself. The is absolutely NO WAY she can do it. Why lie about this?? She couldn't take the instruction to get her ipad from under the ottoman - but she understands bend at the waist, tilt your head over the sink, DON'T breathe through your nose, just through your mouth, while we pour this ocean water into your head. Right.

Thank you. ❤
In hindsight, I said "crushed" over and over- but it was truly crushing. Destroying, humbling, you name it.
I never want to be like Asa. Talk a big game and teach nothing. I do not care if L draws pictures, uses smoke signals, makes up his own signs- as long as he can be heard. Asa is so fixated on the device and what he perceives as perfect, progressing communication and his idea of how it should look that he's never even tried to hear her. P doesnt even want to hear her.
I realized that I wasnt paying enough attention- just waiting for the spoken word- and I'll never let that happen again.
It's so precious that they can communicate in their own way with each other. Don't be hard on yourself - kids are so pure, they don't have the distractions of life that we have, and A could read L. That is just precious.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I forgot to mention this when it was in the Vlog a few days back - maybe last week. Are we supposed to believe that Abbie is able to do the Nettie Pot??? There is absolutely no way in hell. The coordination it takes to breathe through your mouth and not your nose while you're pouring that tit into your nostril - it takes everything I have to do it myself. The is absolutely NO WAY she can do it. Why lie about this?? She couldn't take the instruction to get her ipad from under the ottoman - but she understands bend at the waist, tilt your head over the sink, DON'T breathe through your nose, just through your mouth, while we pour this ocean water into your head. Right.

It's so precious that they can communicate in their own way with each other. Don't be hard on yourself - kids are so pure, they don't have the distractions of life that we have, and A could read L. That is just precious.
Thank you. ❤

I wondered about the Nettie Pot too! No way. No fricking way!! We saw them have to restrain her for an eyedrop. How is this happening?!
I'm one of those people- no eyedrops, thank goodness I dont need contacts! No nasal sprays, etc.
Before the Covid tests went to oral swabs, or the less aggressive nasal self swab I was the patient from hell. Told them right off, its going to take 3 of you. Two to hold my arms, and one to swab.
I dont want to, but I will knock your hand away instantly. And I'm feisty. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

"A' is 4.

Now back to snark! 😂
That is amazing! ♥♥

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I am kind of surprised that she isn't in one already. Or maybe she is and they just don't show it?
That ridiculous golf cart might as well be a mobility scooter.

"A' is 4.

Now back to snark! 😂
That was a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing ❤ ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you. ❤

I wondered about the Nettie Pot too! No way. No fricking way!! We saw them have to restrain her for an eyedrop. How is this happening?!
I'm one of those people- no eyedrops, thank goodness I dont need contacts! No nasal sprays, etc.
Before the Covid tests went to oral swabs, or the less aggressive nasal self swab I was the patient from hell. Told them right off, its going to take 3 of you. Two to hold my arms, and one to swab.
I dont want to, but I will knock your hand away instantly. And I'm feisty. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I caught the Neti Pot comment as well and I agree..there is no way...seeing how the tooth brushing goes. Of Course its possible Asshat used the Neti POT in an incorrect way and assumes its doing some good but is basically just pouring water on her face. That whole operation you have to be really aware of how to tilt your head and how the water should flow..and I cant imagine someone else pouring the Neti pot for you... I say she used the Neti Pot kind of like she texts and rides her bike.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
”#Because of Lula Roe”. Watching the LuLa Rich documentary series on Prime now. Gee - kinda reminds me of someone’s tactics.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
”#Because of Lula Roe”. Watching the LuLa Rich documentary series on Prime now. Gee - kinda reminds me of someone’s tactics.
Watching it right now myself.

Got a chuckle in the first episode some chick goes live with "Hey girl hey."

Surprised so many don't see the scam mlms are. How predatory it all is.

Shines a bigger light on just how vile of a person P is.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I don’t think she is able to blow her nose with a tissue let alone use a nettie pot

Reactions: 15
Watching it right now myself.

Got a chuckle in the first episode some chick goes live with "Hey girl hey."

Surprised so many don't see the scam mlms are. How predatory it all is.

Shines a bigger light on just how vile of a person P is.
I laughed at the “hey, girl, hey” mantra as well. I’m on the second episode and can’t stop watching.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I laughed at the “hey, girl, hey” mantra as well. I’m on the second episode and can’t stop watching.
Haha that's the one I am on too. On right now.

It's nuts the similarities.

I am sure all the slimelife #bossbabes are saying their mlm nothing like that because they don't have to buy inventory lol

That's the only difference so far

Reactions: 13
I must live a sheltered life - I've never had potstickers! I'll look for them next time I shop. I would guess you eat them with some kind of sauce? Any suggestions?
I don’t even know what the hell they are

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.