Father of Daughters #62 Just a sad little Simple Simon and his bicycle

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As well as the obvious dangerous side to it and invasion of their privacy etc., I sometimes wonder how being chronically overshared by their parents will affect these children's personalities and behaviour going into adulthood. Examples:
  • Will they do stupid (possibly harmful) things, because doing things for attention is so ingrained in them?
  • Will they go in completely the opposite direction, withdraw from social life, feel alienated?
  • If they are amongst the more well-known ones, could it affect their future career and being taken seriously in the workplace?
  • Will they have trust issues with any future partner?
  • Will it disproportionately impact their parenting of any children they might have themselves?
Sadly I can see a future where the twins end up as influencers 'managed' by the parents, because it's all they've ever known. So depressing. I hope the kids get some space from their parents and therapy.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It also raises the question of money. These parent influencers have made a tit ton of cash off their kids (we know FOD got £15k for that infamous Highways Agency ad alone). That should be put towards stuff for the children or put away for their future. But I bet a lot of parents spaff it up the wall. I would be incredibly pissed off if my parents profited off me when I was little and there was no savings nest egg waiting for me when I turned 18.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Nico Roche is now in Rimini starting work on the biggest cycling race in the world, and Simon's at home sitting in his car talking to himself.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It also raises the question of money. These parent influencers have made a tit ton of cash off their kids (we know FOD got £15k for that infamous Highways Agency ad alone). That should be put towards stuff for the children or put away for their future. But I bet a lot of parents spaff it up the wall. I would be incredibly pissed off if my parents profited off me when I was little and there was no savings nest egg waiting for me when I turned 18.
One of the Duggar girls (Jill) actually had to take her father to court to be paid fairly.

The Radford’s have done a spin off. With some of their daughters trying to be influencers too.

The OD girls will still be fine, even if they don’t get company money, from having their grandparents support.
---
Personally I don’t think it’s the amount you leave your kids that’s matters, rather what you leave in them.

I understand that having ready made house deposits given to you is an incredible advantage.

Reactions: 4