Father of Daughters #51 Stop trying to make Clemmie happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's the other half of that "treat yourself" section, which mentions jetting off for a long weekend under the "book a date night" bullet point, and talking to your partner about things other than e.g. home improvements or buying a new car.

One of the things that's cropped up time and again is how the book made some women feel like tit about themselves, and it's easy to see why. While I agree with treating yourself if you can, this section casually makes reference to spending hundreds or even thousands of pounds on top of your direct baby-related expenses, at a time when many expectant parents are going to be worried about money.

"Your partner may get jealous" seems a bit foreboding for a treat yourself section, but perhaps this is covered in more detail elsewhere....

Edited to add: Forgot to say actually sadly things might not be "ticking on by just fine" for everyone, and it also might not be a "peaceful time".

View attachment 1080203
The grammar is tit too.

Oh and the last time I was a sixe 10 was around 1993, when I was 14...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I did it FOR ALL OF US 😆

For example we all knew about the leather jacket, but did we know about "having some proper hand action"? 😜

View attachment 1079999
Buying clothes in aspirating sizing is step one to a unhealthy body image. I feel so bad that four girls are being raised by “being fat is the worst thing ever” Glen and walking penis FoD.

Plus, how tit would someone XXXL already feel like after reading that? “This size is disgusting but luckily for me it’s temporary and you’re a big fat lump and I hate you, all the best 🥰

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Imagine getting a book deal and getting paid to write "take a picture of your bump"', "moisturize" and "get a massage and a leather jacket".
This is at best a column in glamour magazine.
And the bs about buying herself a size 10 jacket. I’m not body shaming here, she is! She’s probably only a size 10 now after months of exercise and dieting, 7 years after the birth of her last kids. I can’t think of anything more depressing than buying yourself some clothes you “intend” to fit in after pregnancy. What about all the mums who don’t “snap back”, like you Clem, and have an expensive, pointless piece of clothing in your wardrobe reminding you every day that you’re too big to wear it. I’d give exactly the opposite advice, I’d say, hang fire on post pregnancy clothing until you feel ready, don’t rush to try to have that pre-pregnancy body, your main concern should be keeping you and your little one safe and well, wear something that’s low maintenance comfortable and you don’t mind getting covered in milk, vom, dribble, wee, poo and food, because before you know it that will all be over and that jacket you were gonna buy is already out of fashion.

Im all for self care in pregnancy, it’s tough, but it doesn’t have to be about buying tit, imagine if your money situation was tight, pregnancy massages are £40-£60, moisturiser isn’t cheap, buying a piece of clothing to give you the impetus you need not to be a fat fkr! Honestly, it’s like a bloody commercial break that bloody book! It’s not helping anyone but the SODs bank account 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Showing her white ,middle class privilege right there in bucket loads
I certainly didn't find things 'ticking along just fine", due to 2 previous miscarriages and certainly couldn't contemplate swanning off somewhere for a minimoon in fact none of my friends were able to entertain such frippery as they were often still working full time in NHS!
I’m sorry for your losses. ❤

Completely agree, for anyone who doesn’t have a low risk pregnancy or has pre existing trauma that sentence only further “others” them and would have made me feel like tit tbh.

The hyper consumerism of it all is really gross too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s classist, ableist, fatphobic just to name a few.. you’d think the book was 20 years out of date. When you consider she’s a midwife, who surely would have supported women from various backgrounds, the fact that she writes insinuating that your average pregnant woman has thousands in disposable income to ‘treat themselves’ highlights how abysmally thick and ignorant she really is. I dread to think how disdainful she is of some of her birthing women.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Bless her she is not size 10 (that’s the size SHE aspired to be) , I would say more like 14. I don’t care about other people’s sizes but why do they try to shame others about things they are not themselves either? Him surprised at people not doing sports (your wife doing a couple of joe wicks videos don’t make her the face of Sports England). The shame he tried to put on hospital staff smoking OUTSIDE the hospital yet he has a kid smoking pot and drinking alcohol and he believes he is an influencer in all things about parenting. The list they made for that other idiot Clemmie Telford “The Londoners that finally left” but they weren’t londoners 😂 (and as if that was anything special), etc etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Looks like Oto well-being (brand that gave him the sleep aid) are targeting the insta accounts with loads of followers.

They went for Sly with clearly not doing any due diligence on their ‘brand.’

I’ve now noticed they’ve also targeted Deborah James/Bowelbabe the celeb who’s suffering with stage 4 cancer…feels pretty low for a brand to go after a cancer patient.

Definitely a brand to avoid!!! Yuk!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Good work @axa👍. Now on another note, no way all four little women fitted in that car for the trip to his old home town unless one was up on the roof in the plastic coffin.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
God, that book!! Could anything scream ‘white, middle class, privileged woman’ more?! It really shows how shallow and fixated on looks / material possessions she has been from the start.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Not only that 👆, it screams “thick, boring, uninteresting woman”. Seriously there’s only a fly in the head of the person who wrote that.

Reactions: 14
Wow, those book excerpts have actually really shocked me. I've been a writer for years (I'm a journalist mostly) and have a big book project I'm trying to get published about a really important female-centric topic.

Why bother?! When publishers hand out book deals to people like HER?!

I'm not a midwife and I had my first kid at 20 but I could have written better advice even then. So much for bonding with your baby, being healthy etc - just buy yourself a coat and worry about your man child partner being jealous 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Wow, those book excerpts have actually really shocked me. I've been a writer for years (I'm a journalist mostly) and have a big book project I'm trying to get published about a really important female-centric topic.

Why bother?! When publishers hand out book deals to people like HER?!

I'm not a midwife and I had my first kid at 20 but I could have written better advice even then. So much for bonding with your baby, being healthy etc - just buy yourself a coat and worry about your man child partner being jealous 🙄
Journalists you say???? Please head over to Jack Monroe thread (all your work is done for you + you’ll laugh yourself inside out at the comedy of the Tattlers on that thread) and do an exposé on that conwoman - you will be eternally loved by all the tattlers 🙏🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Hearing that Clemmie is still under investigation is interesting….I thought we’d had Twitter receipts a while ago (post Lockdown 1?) that implied the investigation had run its course and no further action or something? Though I think a couple of knowledgable people had said, around the time of Alicegate that the investigations can take years so throwing in the pandemic it really doesn’t surprise me it’s ongoing still.

The screenshots from the books never fail to amaze/shock me. How the hell did this get published?! So unbelievably out of touch for someone who is supposedly a working midwife? Statistically you’d think she’d have seen a range of things? Like others have mentioned I wish I could have had easy pregnancies but that wasn’t the case with two losses in between, circumstances of one leaving me with post traumatic stress - what type of crap is she telling expectant mothers in her care/dismissing those with concerns/real lived experiences/anxiety etc? Also had Alicegate not happened how much more would she have monetised off the back of her job?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Where has the eldest gone too? Has she realised how embarrassing her parents are and refuses to be part of the gram?

Reactions: 11
Where has the eldest gone too? Has she realised how embarrassing her parents are and refuses to be part of the gram?
I think she was at her Whitstable based grandmother’s house as she - the granny - posted a video of her skateboarding inside somewhere, from the back but no front view. It was posted a week ago,

Reactions: 8
I think she was at her Whitstable based grandmother’s house as she - the granny - posted a video of her skateboarding inside somewhere, from the back but no front view. It was posted a week ago,
Good for her refusing to be part of this tit show then!

Reactions: 8
I doubt there was any room in the car for her, the dogs took up a lot of space in their cage.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.