Father of Daughters #51 Stop trying to make Clemmie happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has he really wrote 'my heart sings when I'm in the West Country' on one of his stories 🥸

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I’m guessing she’s just lost weight through exercise and diet (that’s been said by FoD) and that in turn has thinned down her face, plus the fact she’s been publicly humiliated, can’t click her fingers for freebies, has to work, dealing with teenage (rebel) daughter, M’d diabetes, two (imho) troubled twins, has lost the smug grin off her chops and more importantly has to live every godawful day with that hole Sly…is taking its toll on her youthfulness. Also I think women go through a bit of a dip pre-40s then the va va voom comes back (spoiler then it leaves again about 50 😭)
Dogmuck - if i havent told you before - then i apologise but i blimmin love you!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Shopping, booze, quick look at some tit art to appear a bit cultured, stay in a hotel that looks exactly like your own house, bleeping nightmare fry-up and assorted soulless chain restaurant steez. Drive of death from Ramshite to Bristol. Well done everyone. 0 Oliver Bonas trinkets out of 10.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Curiosity got the better of me and I managed to get used copies of both their books for little more than the cost of postage.

I've flicked through them a little bit and read a few random passages.

I'm already regretting it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Curiosity got the better of me and I managed to get used copies of both their books for little more than the cost of postage.

I think we need a word with you in the Tattle Office, bring a union rep 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I did it FOR ALL OF US 😆

For example we all knew about the leather jacket, but did we know about "having some proper hand action"? 😜

handaction.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Also I'll be looking for fun and imaginative ideas for disposing of the books after we've finished using them for reference, because no way are these forming part of my book collection on an ongoing basis 😜

I did consider glueing a couple of the best Amazon reviews into the inside covers and putting them into a community library.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I did it FOR ALL OF US 😆

For example we all knew about the leather jacket, but did we know about "having some proper hand action"? 😜

View attachment 1079999
Imagine getting a book deal and getting paid to write "take a picture of your bump"', "moisturize" and "get a massage and a leather jacket".
This is at best a column in glamour magazine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Here's the other half of that "treat yourself" section, which mentions jetting off for a long weekend under the "book a date night" bullet point, and talking to your partner about things other than e.g. home improvements or buying a new car.

One of the things that's cropped up time and again is how the book made some women feel like tit about themselves, and it's easy to see why. While I agree with treating yourself if you can, this section casually makes reference to spending hundreds or even thousands of pounds on top of your direct baby-related expenses, at a time when many expectant parents are going to be worried about money.

"Your partner may get jealous" seems a bit foreboding for a treat yourself section, but perhaps this is covered in more detail elsewhere....

Edited to add: Forgot to say actually sadly things might not be "ticking on by just fine" for everyone, and it also might not be a "peaceful time".

jealous.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Here's the other half of that "treat yourself" section, which mentions jetting off for a long weekend under the "book a date night" bullet point, and talking to your partner about things other than e.g. home improvements or buying a new car.

One of the things that's cropped up time and again is how the book made some women feel like tit about themselves, and it's easy to see why. While I agree with treating yourself if you can, this section casually makes reference to spending hundreds or even thousands of pounds on top of your direct baby-related expenses, at a time when many expectant parents are going to be worried about money.

"Your partner may get jealous" seems a bit foreboding for a treat yourself section, but perhaps this is covered in more detail elsewhere....

Edited to add: Forgot to say actually sadly things might not be "ticking on by just fine" for everyone, and it also might not be a "peaceful time".

View attachment 1080203
Showing her white ,middle class privilege right there in bucket loads
I certainly didn't find things 'ticking along just fine", due to 2 previous miscarriages and certainly couldn't contemplate swanning off somewhere for a minimoon in fact none of my friends were able to entertain such frippery as they were often still working full time in NHS!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Also I'll be looking for fun and imaginative ideas for disposing of the books after we've finished using them for reference, because no way are these forming part of my book collection on an ongoing basis 😜

I did consider glueing a couple of the best Amazon reviews into the inside covers and putting them into a community library.
May I suggest....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I want no part of this. I’m calling your close family member to come and collect you immediately. Take some time off, Tattle will get you all the help you need. 😜
Yea this hun.

I can see this was a desperate cry for help and whilst it's #okaynottobeokay, we want you to have the support you need to get back to being your sparkly #trueauthenticself.

May I suggest....
The things we do for love.

That amazing on it's own is bothering me. Please put trigger warnings. :eek:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Axa... are you actually Glen? A long-term mole... Glen?

"managed to get a few copies".... from MY OWN BOOKSHELF.

"Let's read them altogether, I'll put my leather jacket on."

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.