Father of Daughters #51 Stop trying to make Clemmie happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mad isn’t it? In fairness a lot of it was arguably “for work” - like she needed the “aspirational” content to keep people watching and keep brands spending with her.
Agreed, and they probably thought they'd never need additional sources of income anyway. It was pretty clear they thought they were on their way to bigger and better things.

Their tagline is "making a house a family home" but to me it just seems like an outlet for FOD's various DIY experiments. I'd find it exhausting living somewhere where there's work going on all year round every year, new projects started before others are finished, and no end in sight.

I do wonder if the children feel any sense of ownership over their home life at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just came in to express my :cautious: at the talk of replacing those tiles with underfloor heating and wood floors. I bet the tiles are cold underfoot but how much of anyone’s day is spent in the hallway? If it were a much smaller house, having low level constant underfloor heat in a central hallway might make some sense (and that is how underfloor heating should be used of course - year round very low heat) but they have a high ceiling so won’t capture any of it at all. It’s a stupid environmentally unfriendly project to rip out perfectly nice and very serviceable and practical tiles for this.

They are so stuck fiddling around the edges of a perfectly nice house they can’t add much to. If they’d bought a genuine renovation project there would have been years of material but they didn’t. If they want to provide genuine content they would be talking about how hard it is to find trades at the moment or over the past two years, but instead they’ve gone for this fiction that FoD does it all. He/they cut corners/do things badly or dangerously and we’re expected to lap it up.

Surely no one at all (haven’t looked at the comments he presumably has) is looking at this nonsense about basement access and agreeing that just sticking a door in the hallway causes issues? If they want to do it up as a separate residence, fine, but just say that’s what you’re doing! Maybe they haven’t realised doing that requires all the paperwork and planning it does?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That bath photo 🤢🤢🤢
My eeeeeeyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeessssss!!!

Edited to add that he’s clearly carefully placed those bubbles on his still perfectly coiffed ‘do. Wanker.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
That bath photo 🤢🤢🤢
My eeeeeeyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeessssss!!!

Edited to add that he’s clearly carefully placed those bubbles on his still perfectly coiffed ‘do. Wanker.
Reminds me of that school photo he posted with the questionable drips in the corner.

• Wow
  • Sick
I had totally forgotten about the dripping jizz photo too! One the biggest laughs I've ever had on these threads 😂

I remember someone actually asked him about it in the comments and he said something lame like "I really like myself" 🤨

Found it 💦

Jizz.jpg

ETA: wait, why the duck has he got a small mini-fringe in the middle of his fringe? 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I'm at the end of my rope here after being on my own with the kids for days and I remember that time MOD said she was checking herself in a hotel after solo parenting days to unwind 🤣. How did I follow her in the early days and allowed myself to feel like tit because of her is beyond me.

Ps : re pic, how is that possible to look so smug so young?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm at the end of my rope here after being on my own with the kids for days and I remember that time MOD said she was checking herself in a hotel after solo parenting days to unwind 🤣. How did I follow her in the early days and allowed myself to feel like tit because of her is beyond me.

I think Simon, despite his pretence at "hapless dad" and "novice diy-er", has and has always had a very, very high opinion of himself. He strikes me as the type who is moderately good at most things, has always had money, and has coasted through life fairly comfortably. Would imagine that Alicegate was the worst thing that ever happened to him to be honest- and he is furious that she dragged him down with her. He, Simon, did nothing wrong!! Unfortunately he's not enough to carry the OD brand on his own (bet the "we love Clemmie" comments are like little pins in his vain heart) and the stink of racism won't allow him to pull in the big deals. They don't exactly seem to be going short though!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

I think one of his daughters looks exactly like him, maybe the eldest non hugging one.
The stupid double under fringe he cut for himself, I'm sure he told us ages ago....bragged about.

Reactions: 12
I made my account just to join in the rants about this knob head. Been a lurker for a while! When I first became a mother I blocked him on Instagram as his smug shitemare of a face kept coming up as a suggestion and i loathed him. Then out of some act of self harm I unblocked him and have been enjoying reading the hilarious stuff here about him.
The alcohol free beer thing does my nut in, saw him pipe up again about that yesterday. Why do a big spiel about the fact you drink too much and are switching to alcohol free beers - is he looking for sponsorship there? He’d drive you to drink. Plus a ‘well deserved’ beer in the pub just weekend … no consistency. He’s so full of tit. I feel so sorry for those kids. They are constantly just switched off and put on screens. Fun when they were toddlers and had plenty of (staged) content for the gram, but now? Nah. Get the iPads on. Also, I have one child and could have nowhere near this amount of time to spend on Instagram. Does that twit ever do any parenting? God he is insufferable. Also - how do they afford that house on a midwife’s wages?!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
His enormous arrogance and the way he bigs himself up all the time and won't accept even polite, constructive criticism is something I find quite fascinating (fasinating-bad not fascinating-good). That disconnect between how good he thinks he is at what he does, and the evidence to the contrary he keeps putting out there.

@infragram welcome out of lurkdom! Brilliant first post! I was wondering about how they can afford it too. Even if they are mortgage-free, a midwife's salary won't cover the bills, the DIY projects and all the other running costs of a family of six plus pets. Also he said they were saving for a holiday.

Reactions: 16
They made a gain of 225k from the sale of their old house.

New house was only £15,000 higher then what the old "bursting at the seams" London one sold for.

Get there's other costs involved too, but they were raking in 100k+ at their peak and enough to pay 69k to the tax man. So still should have something left over. Alice said schools fees by grandparents. Probs true.

Last edited:
I imagine parental help goes beyond the school fees. Spoilt pair. Or credit. They strike me as the appearance above sense school of financial management.

He’s such a narcissist. I don’t understand how all these numpties find him in any way amiable - he’s clearly such an arrogant smug twerp. My kid has this duplo set and the dad reminds me so much of Simon in his heyday that I’ve developed an unhealthy resentment towards a piece of plastic. He went missing the other week and my husband asked if I’d put instadad in the bin. Wish I had.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Alice said schools fees by grandparents.
I don’t think they’re in private schools in Kent, he was speaking about the 11+?

But yeah a huge chunk of equity from the sale of their old house would mean their monthly repayments aren’t at their biggest. I don’t understand the commuting across the country for her role though but 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s just wild the shift in circumstances played out. They should use this as a case study for how much of what is presented by these brand sales reps on Instagram *is not* their normal PAYE standard of living and not to be duped into believing it.

Reactions: 5
Lots of private schools still hold entrance exams at 11+ and you can apply for them at the same time as going for the grammar school as it's still the usual verbal/non verbal reasoning/ maths practice.

Communing was once a week at peak so more manageable in price of more space .

With them I think most of the insta damage and duping their followers has already been done. Just random #ADs now and then.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.