Father of Daughters #47 Clemente, come back, the world has mostly forgotten.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot think of a worse way to spend a weekend.

I’ve never camped in my life and never took my children either. I’m not a Princess but I do have boundaries and setting up a tent in a field and sleeping on the floor , especially with small children is a step over the line for me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I cannot think of a worse way to spend a weekend.

I’ve never camped in my life and never took my children either. I’m not a Princess but I do have boundaries and setting up a tent in a field and sleeping on the floor , especially with small children is a step over the line for me.
Going to a festival without children is good fun though. As long as there are plenty of drugs & booze to get through the horror of camping!!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I remember reading one of his top festival tips some time ago, it was along the lines of "don't try to stick to the routine of normal everyday life" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
We should start a bingo card of what his stories/grid will say. I vote for:
1. Medical emergency for one of the children;
2. Mud everywhere, car stuck in mud;
3. That leotard;
4. Fod trying to be cheerleader for the whole, miserable family;
5. Twins gurning all the time (understandably);
6. Meet up with friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Went on a 2 days trip to a theme park with me kids, sleeping in a bnb. I’m knackered and will take days to recover. No way in hell I’d take them to a festival. Hell no.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I couldn't think of anything worse than a festival with young children! Most festivals I've been to you can hear the couple's in other tents "going at it" and that's not something I want to hear let alone my kids hear and have to explain it to them! 😂 If the tents a rocking don't come a knocking, I can totally see him saying that and his daughters will die of embarrassment once again!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeessss.

Queuing for toilets, fake tattoos and overpriced food while you can faintly hear in the distance the band you really wanted to see.

Then you are finally in the right tent to see the right act, but the kids are knackered, fall asleep on the picnic rug and are nearly trampled to death by drunk dancing people.

🙃🙃🙃
The trick is to go to a festival where you really want to see the acts without the kids and then go to a family festival where you don’t know or aren’t bothered by any of the acts.

Reactions: 10
The trick is to go to a festival where you really want to see the acts without the kids and then go to a family festival where you don’t know or aren’t bothered by any of the acts.
or try the Dress like a mum method - stick your kids on tablets and sit in your luxury yurt all day taking pics of yourself applying eco glitter

Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 10.46.29 am.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Tip for fodney, don’t set up camp near a shaggin wagon. The girls would be mortified by his explanation I imagine.
(Panel van or station wagon with curtains on all the windows, popular in the 70’s here)😉

Reactions: 5
They cancelled in 2018 & I’m pretty sure no refunds were given, my mates who went weren’t anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
When you have kids, you mostly fall in to line with their needs. I think the right age to go to a festival with kids is when they are 13/14 just so they can appreciate it, feel cool, not want to go to bed too early and not want to get up too early. The idea of taking two rogue 5 year olds to a festival (plus 2 teenagers) gives me a headache. I know this is considered a “family friendly” festival but there will still be people getting pissed and taking drugs and for me that is a no no around kids. They’d be better off taking them to Butlins 🤣🤣🤣

My one experience of camping with kids was a hair brain idea of Mr Dogmuck. It was in France we had 2 at the time and I was knackered just packing. After a 12 hour drive/ferry we got to the campsite at about 7pm and the heavens opened. Mr Dogmuck battled with the tent in the dark as huge rocks of sleet smashed against the car sending the kids into a crying fit. After about 30 minutes he was saturated and some lovely French lads helped him. We had booked for a week there before heading down to the south. We did 2 nights in total everyone was miserable and soaked to the bone. Using shared toilets and shower facilities is NOT my idea of a pleasant holiday. I went bat tit and then just booked us in to a lovely apartment in the south near a beach. The sun shone, we had glorious long days on the beach and more importantly we had beds to sleep in. The kids slept and we could sit outside the apartment having a wine and chilling out. No crawling round on cold damp floors digging things out of bags...oh it was bliss. We never camped again and we all lived happily ever after. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.