Father of Daughters #46 Richard_of_the_ranaissance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh. Can’t say much more without outing myself but I know one of Clems mates in that pic, all I want to rant about is how badly behaved all the middle class ‘trendy’ instamum kids are (see that story of their table in Wagamama?!) and it just highlights the social inequality that a working class family whose children behaved so poorly publicly would be treated v differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Ugh. Can’t say much more without outing myself but I know one of Clems mates in that pic, all I want to rant about is how badly behaved all the middle class ‘trendy’ instamum kids are (see that story of their table in Wagamama?!) and it just highlights the social inequality that a working class family whose children behaved so poorly publicly would be treated v differently.
It would be no surprise if the twins were badly behaved….after growing up being encouraged to climb up shelves to ‘steal’ food so their head dad can film them.

Reactions: 19
I cannot agree more. The table at Wagamama was disgraceful, there is absolutely no need to leave it like that. Their children are not babies or toddlers. As you say if this was a working class family, the judging would be off the scale.

Reactions: 23
I cannot agree more. The table at Wagamama was disgraceful, there is absolutely no need to leave it like that. Their children are not babies or toddlers. As you say if this was a working class family, the judging would be off the scale.
I'd be embarrassed to leave a table like that....both my daughters have worked as waitresses throughout Uni and believe me they have some tales to tell of entitlement! ....one father told his darling daughter that if she didn't do well in school she'd end up like 'her' , pointing at my daughter who already had an MA and was, by then working to fund her MSc at Edinburgh University
I'm sorry, but the whole family just look grubby and if that's how they behave when they're out, I hate to think what their home is like

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Idly wondering if ST is hoping to get some sort of ‘exclusive’ interview with Glen.

Reactions: 12
I see ST’s ‘pals’ all got the ‘baggy dresses made from your nan’s sofa cover and trainers’ memo.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That mess they created was horrendous, why the duck didn’t they clean up after themselves. My kids sometimes make a right mess but I make sure I clean it up, even picking up food from the floor that they’ve flings. So entitled. You can tell a lot about a person with how they treat waiters

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What I don’t understand is how Glen is able to socially function at all?

I don’t know about you, but I am regularly having conversations with my husband, colleagues, friends,and family members that involve talking about the inequality in our systems here in the UK - covid has shone a light on this for people of colour. At work there is huge discussion about health inequalities and race plays a massive part.

my friend and I were talking about young black men and gang crime - and cannot imagine petrified their mums must be, and how as a society has this happened?

these are not high brow conversations by the way, just chats but (rightly so) this stuff is being talked about a lot.
How does Glen manage this situations? Does she just sit quiet? I am truly baffled
My husband has no filter, we live near them and I’d love to bump into her at a social function because he would see her and wander over saying, ‘oh you’re that racist midwife aren’t you!?’ (Probably why we don’t get asked I’m out much!!) 😂
Also as a very proud 6 foot Nigerian man he’d scare the sh*t out of her!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
My husband has no filter, we live near them and I’d love to bump into her at a social function because he would see her and wander over saying, ‘oh you’re that racist midwife aren’t you!?’ (Probably why we don’t get asked I’m out much!!) 😂
Also as a very proud 6 foot Nigerian man he’d scare the sh*t out of her!
I really really want you to bump into them!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Please arrange a bump in. I need this to happen!!

Agree about the table. I have kids, we eat out regularly (well, since you could again!). I make damn sure to clear up as much as I can. The sheer bloody entitlement of taking a photo then buggering off. Just speaks volumes about their attitudes.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That mess they created was horrendous, why the duck didn’t they clean up after themselves. My kids sometimes make a right mess but I make sure I clean it up, even picking up food from the floor that they’ve flings. So entitled. You can tell a lot about a person with how they treat waiters
Kids will be kids, but as parents you have a responsibility to a) not be a prick and b) show your kids a good example. I always pick up food off the floor and wipe down the chairs, table, table legs, the floor using our own baby wipes. I also stack up all the plates when I’m with the kids. Saves the waiter having to negotiate dirty crockery with banana smeared on the rim etc. It’s common bleeping curtesy. They’re MY kids, so my responsibility. Ugh I can’t stand seeing parents leave a table in a wreck, who the duck do they think they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Kids will be kids, but as parents you have a responsibility to a) not be a prick and b) show your kids a good example. I always pick up food off the floor and wipe down the chairs, table, table legs, the floor using our own baby wipes. I also stack up all the plates when I’m with the kids. Saves the waiter having to negotiate dirty crockery with banana smeared on the rim etc. It’s common bleeping curtesy. They’re MY kids, so my responsibility. Ugh I can’t stand seeing parents leave a table in a wreck, who the duck do they think they are.
Fully agree. My sister and I took our then 2 year old to Wagamama a couple of years ago and they made an inevitable mess (no where near as bad as the Hoopers though) and we actually sent the waiter away so we could clear up as much as possible. I’d be mortified at them thinking we’d leave it like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fully agree. My sister and I took our then 2 year old to Wagamama a couple of years ago and they made an inevitable mess (no where near as bad as the Hoopers though) and we actually sent the waiter away so we could clear up as much as possible. I’d be mortified at them thinking we’d leave it like that.
Oh annoyed I missed the Wagamama drama. Sounds appalling. Don’t suppose anyone got a screenshot?

Reactions: 12
The thing is they’re class A twats for taking a picture of the table and not clearing it up. But also… the twins are what, almost 5.5 now? How on earth are they actually making that much mess with 2 parents and 2 older sisters with them to watch what they’re doing?
I mean I’m presuming it’s the twins… it’s probably him just wanting some gram content 😂

• Haha
The thing is they’re class A twats for taking a picture of the table and not clearing it up. But also… the twins are what, almost 5.5 now? How on earth are they actually making that much mess with 2 parents and 2 older sisters with them to watch what they’re doing?
I mean I’m presuming it’s the twins… it’s probably him just wanting some gram content 😂
Exactly! There’s no way they made that much mess without disturbing their parents… and I don’t mean that the grifters ignored them, you would genuinely need to encourage that messiness in order to leave the table how they did. I can’t see how that level of mess didn’t impinge upon their dinner…it speaks volumes how they must be towards restaurant staff. I would be mortified to post that photo on my socials, yet sly seemed to be almost bragging? (Note, I tidy up before my cleaners arrive. I imagine the hoopers are the kind of people who tit on the carpet before the cleaners come, just to get their moneys worth)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I tidy up too before the cleaning lady come, she’s here to clean not to go trough the mess. Just like the waitress is here to serve your food and not clean the bomb explosion after me and my kids leave (they do a mess too and we show them that it’s not acceptable by cleaning up as much as we can before leaving). It’s all down to education I guess ?

Reactions: 9
They've clearly all inherited the sense of entitledness from FOD & MOD and don't have the common courtesy and deceny to make the waiting staff's life a little bit easier. I'd be mortified if I was with someone who felt it was okay to make that much mess in a restaurant and worse of all leaving it there for others to clear up. I'm usually the one scraping the food off plates to stack them to make it easier to collect - or at least what I hope is easier for staff. What's the betting FOD & MOD don't leave a tip either or remove the service charge? :mad::mad:

• Heart
I can’t find a Wagamama’s table, is there a pic? I agree, middle class parents get away with murder, it’s appalling

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.