Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I’ve said it before but I really hate v necks and plunge necks on dresses and tops. I know it’s a flattering style for lots of people I just hate having that bit exposed... it especially looks weird in the winter if you’re wearing tights but have your whole chest out. Plus if you bend over everyone can see down your top. Give me backless any day over this!

View attachment 418429
I'm with you on this! I feel so naked and exposed if my chest isn't covered. I do think it's a necessity for a big bust though - big boobs can just look absolutely massive without a v-neck.

Reactions: 8
I'm with you on this! I feel so naked and exposed if my chest isn't covered. I do think it's a necessity for a big bust though - big boobs can just look absolutely massive without a v-neck.
Yeah looks better on girls with boobs for sure. I have a bony chest and no tits so it looks stupid on me - like wheeeey I’m showing off my sternum and literally nothing else 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeah looks better on girls with boobs for sure. I have a bony chest and no tits so it looks stupid on me - like wheeeey I’m showing off my sternum and literally nothing else 😂
Me too! Just as well though because I get hives on my chest when I'm nervous/stressed, so I need to keep my chest covered up at all times anyway. ☺

Reactions: 1
I have foot big boobs, and I prefer to look massive over everyone staring at my cleavage 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Also:

"Prairie"-style dresses - if it looks like it would be appropriate wear for a church picnic in the US "Bible Belt", I don't want it

Very long skirts. I'm not suggesting everyone go around in micro-minis that barely cover your pants (if at all) - but floor-length skirts often don't look good, IMO. Seeing them promoted as a trend often gives me the vibe of being told women should cover up because our bodies are somehow inappropriate or ugly

Fascinators. I've yet to see anyone not look ridiculously silly in one.
I agree with this - I would much rather wear a nice hat or hair accessory than a fascinator

Reactions: 7
No idea if this falls under fashion trend - fake tan freckles!

As a ginger who was teased as a child for having them, it just sort of baffles me haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Or worse yet, pierced ears on babies :(
Omg did you know in some countries (Spain for one) the hospital automatically does it to newborn girls? I used to work with a Spanish lad and he said he grew up thinking all girls are born with the holes already in their ears. Apparently they do it so you can easily recognise who’s male/female. Wtf though.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Omg did you know in some countries (Spain for one) the hospital automatically does it to newborn girls? I used to work with a Spanish lad and he said he grew up thinking all girls are born with the holes already in their ears. Apparently they do it so you can easily recognise who’s male/female. Wtf though.
That is mental. Imagine part of the post birth process is getting holes punched in your infant :O

Out of interest, what age do people think its acceptable to pierce kids ears? I was only 4 when I had mine done, but I asked my mum for them.

Reactions: 7
That is mental. Imagine part of the post birth process is getting holes punched in your infant :O

Out of interest, what age do people think its acceptable to pierce kids ears? I was only 4 when I had mine done, but I asked my mum for them.
I remember when I was at school some kids had it as a ‘present’ for their 10/11 birthday, most seemed to get pierced around year 6 or so

Reactions: 6
Yes, I knew that. I have a Spanish friend (who lives here now) and her husband is Irish. Apparently in Ireland they get them pierced around 7/8 when they make their communion. My friend's little girl is 2. She says if she wants to have them done when she's older that's fine, but she certainly wasn't going to do them when she was a baby.

Reactions: 4
I had my ears peirced on my 10th birthday. I went to a school which was mainly Indian and many had their ears pierced younger. I think if the child is old enough to ask but completely unessersary and impractical for a baby, I would worry about them snagging on things. I've one girl on my Facebook who only ever photographs her baby in couture clothes, massive headbands and ears peirced. How she plays in off the shoulder numbers and giant furs I do not know.

• Sad
People drawing on freckles with those eyeliner type pens

No idea if this falls under fashion trend - fake tan freckles!

As a ginger who was teased as a child for having them, it just sort of baffles me haha.
Omg! I have freckles too (more so as a child) and people would always mention them now people without them want them it’s so strange!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think I’ve said it before but I really hate v necks and plunge necks on dresses and tops. I know it’s a flattering style for lots of people I just hate having that bit exposed... it especially looks weird in the winter if you’re wearing tights but have your whole chest out. Plus if you bend over everyone can see down your top. Give me backless any day over this!

View attachment 418429
Man, it's like they want you to come down with pneumonia !

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sexed up schoolgirl-age fashion for young adult women - mini plaid kilts, black or white or navy knee socks, especially with shoes that look like school shoes, or really cutesy stuff that's very low cut or short. Having 'childlike' adjacent to 'sexy' just makes me feel ill lol, especially when the girls are still young (and often petite) enough that they genuinely look like they could still be at school :sick:

Reactions: 11
Sexed up schoolgirl-age fashion for young adult women - mini plaid kilts, black or white or navy knee socks, especially with shoes that look like school shoes, or really cutesy stuff that's very low cut or short. Having 'childlike' adjacent to 'sexy' just makes me feel ill lol, especially when the girls are still young (and often petite) enough that they genuinely look like they could still be at school :sick:
I wonder if anyone is familiar with the short horror comic "The Bully" by Junji Ito? The final panel contains this image of a deranged adult woman squeezed into her old school uniform: https://cdn.junjiitomanga.com/2019/07/Kuriko-The-Bully.jpg That's what I think of when I see clothes like this on sale ...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.