Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sneakers-to-wear-with-dresses.jpg

I think I'm over the whole sneakers & midi-dress/skirt look. I've been wearing this all summer, but I'm over it. This is a style I used to wear at school from 11 to 15 because my parents allowed me to have only one pair of shoes per year and it had to be sneakers. At the time, I wore skirts with sneakers because I didn't have a choice, not because I wanted to make a fashion statement. Little did I know this would be deemed "fashionable" years later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Thankfully you don't see it any more,but remember when male teenagers used to walk around with tracksuit bottoms tucked into their socks 😄
Yes this was the fashion at my school! Trackies tucked into socks, rockport boots or nike shocks, a polo shirt with the collar up and a burberry cap sat on the head facing north east 😅 and people wondered why i would not go out with anyone at school 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Currently not feeling the flared legging, the mom Jean makes many a wear look like a carpenter. I'm not keen on the flannels that are currently in fashion today. Throwaway sports fashion. Pastels and Neons. Excessive lip filler, facial piercings, double nose studs, money pieces. Hair dyed in unnatural colours. Borg or Teddy material, sends my teeth on edge. Granny spectacles and the brand DSquared2 - overpriced and extremely tacky. Palazzo trousers and every top having some sort of crop.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Strappy / open heels.

I find them utterly nauseating and quite tacky. I don't get the appeal.

Feet are not attractive no matter how great your pedicure is!

DSC3299ed_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Strappy / open heels.

I find them utterly nauseating and quite tacky. I don't get the appeal.

Feet are not attractive no matter how great your pedicure is!

View attachment 730993
I second this, especially at the workplace. I find sandals that are very open too revealing for work, same as very low-cut tops etc.

I don't mind peep toes or shoes that are a bit open, but the pictured sandals are too much in my view.

I second this, especially at the workplace. I find sandals that are very open too revealing for work, same as very low-cut tops etc.

I don't mind peep toes or shoes that are a bit open, but the pictured sandals are too much in my view.
People wear these to work? Oh boy :sick:

Reactions: 2
People wear these to work? Oh boy :sick:
I work in an office which has a bizarre dress code (imo) like we cannot wear jeans at all, not even black ones, but a lot of my female colleagues wear what I would consider to be VERY short skirts/dresses or even things like lace tops just with a bra underneath

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Currently not feeling the flared legging, the mom Jean makes many a wear look like a carpenter. I'm not keen on the flannels that are currently in fashion today. Throwaway sports fashion. Pastels and Neons. Excessive lip filler, facial piercings, double nose studs, money pieces. Hair dyed in unnatural colours. Borg or Teddy material, sends my teeth on edge. Granny spectacles and the brand DSquared2 - overpriced and extremely tacky. Palazzo trousers and every top having some sort of crop.
Pastels and neons are gross and belly piercings too

Reactions: 4
Pastels and neons are gross and belly piercings too
Even worse when said pastel and neon is the colour of that hideous boob display wrap around Shein top crop doing its rounds everywhere. It's very 90s, and not in a subtle way. I've seen very few wearing it well.

Reactions: 1
RE: shampoo bars

honestly anything without a container or bottle. I don’t have space to put all these things somewhere away from water (but also in a reachable place when I am showering) so they don’t get ‘activated’. It just seems like a waste of money tbh

~

I also really wish there was middle ground with dresses. So many fashion trends seem to be mainly for average height and above people 😭

honestly anything without a container or bottle. I don’t have space to put all these things somewhere away from water (but also in a reachable place when I am showering) so they don’t get ‘activated’. It just seems like a waste of money tbh

~

I also really wish there was middle ground with dresses. So many fashion trends seem to be mainly for average height and above people 😭
I tried a dress on a little like the one in the photo above and it was almost trailing on the floor, I could not see my shoes in the mirror. Yes I knew it was a long dress when I took it into the changing room but I have never had one this long and I am 5ft 4.

Reactions: 3

~

I have tried a shampoo bar (it was in a Lush giftset) and it really wasn't for me, it made my hair dry and I found getting a decent lather impossible. It damaged my hair if anything. I would much rather the bottle, so much more convenient and hygienic, even more so when in a multi house hold. I am not keen on any type of hygiene product in the form of a 'Bar'.

Reactions: 6
I tried a dress on a little like the one in the photo above and it was almost trailing on the floor, I could not see my shoes in the mirror. Yes I knew it was a long dress when I took it into the changing room but I have never had one this long and I am 5ft 4.
I always have to look for petite dresses too. Though I find their selections really small in shops and online

I have tried a shampoo bar (it was in a Lush giftset) and it really wasn't for me, it made my hair dry and I found getting a decent lather impossible. It damaged my hair if anything. I would much rather the bottle, so much more convenient and hygienic, even more so when in a multi house hold. I am not keen on any type of hygiene product in the form of a 'Bar'.
All the shampoo bars I've tried either left my hair dry or sticky, and I second the pain of storing these items(especially if you share a bathroom with someone..). I'd much prefer if more places offered refills for shampoos etc. , hygiene products in this form really feel unnecessary.

Reactions: 6
I'm sick of the whole fast fashion industry period. Seeing 1 million Zara / PLL / Nakd / Boohoo hauls per week on IG / YouTube really makes me want to barf. Everywhere you turn, there's someone doing a haul / swipe up featuring these brands. If anything, every since Zara dropped its quality and has been more than just embraced by influencers (though not sponsored), I've stopped purchasing there. If I walk past one, I'm looking the other way. I find this whole mass consumption of wear once and throw away items completely disgusting.

Thankfully, Massimo Dutti / Sandro / Maje etc.. are still safe as they're not mainstream (though Massimo Dutti technically fast fashion as well, but geared towards another audience).

I'm sick of the whole fast fashion industry period. Seeing 1 million Zara / PLL / Nakd / Boohoo hauls per week on IG / YouTube really makes me want to barf. Everywhere you turn, there's someone doing a haul / swipe up featuring these brands. If anything, every since Zara dropped its quality and has been more than just embraced by influencers (though not sponsored), I've stopped purchasing there. If I walk past one, I'm looking the other way. I find this whole mass consumption of wear once and throw away items completely disgusting.

Thankfully, Massimo Dutti / Sandro / Maje etc.. are still safe as they're not mainstream (though Massimo Dutti technically fast fashion as well, but geared towards another audience).
10 years ago, Zara was so different. Nowadays is just overpriced HM.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.