Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Isn't it tricky with these influencers? They are brands and do sell themselves as such. But since they put their friendly faces to it, it becomes difficult to draw the line between business and person. Josie made herself a business, a brand. She has to handle it and thus herself (or whatever she chooses to share) as such. You cannot feel sorry for her sweet face if she messes up due to questionable stuff she posts publicly because it is her business that messed up. Sure, it is hard to differentiate, but she's the CEO of Fashion Mumblr. If she, Josie, as Fashion Mumblr, acts shady she ought to be held accountable - as you'd do with every other business that hasn't plastered their friendly visage all over their company. I hope you can follow... Just want to stress that you shouldn't feel bad for the person behind the brand if the person as the brand misbehaves. Do call it out. IMHO it's not personal, but factual.
You have hit the nail on the head. One minute they are boogie boss babe proud difficult women (credit: lydiaelisemillengordon) with teams behind them, dealing with top brands, travelling the world, making loadsamoney, and the next they are little blogger defenceless ignorant poor me ordinary people feeling bullied.
Pick a lane!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

notsoposh

VIP Member
She has the gall to post this. Apparently your mistakes and your thoughts don’t define you. This is what privilege is. All the people of color who died because of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. So many of them jailed for years for petty crimes while rich white men get away scott free.

B3265FD1-6749-4EA9-AF37-075F3532E26D.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

rosie000

I know this comment is going to get me so much hate from you all but I truly do think you’re all taking it a step too far trying to ruin her career and jeopardise her brand deals.
If you don’t like josie don’t watch her videos or follow along with her life, let alone try to ruin her career. This is mass bullying, and it’s things like this that put so much pressure on people in the spotlight they end up like Caroline flack. I’m sure every single one of you at SOME point in your life has made a remark that someone would deem as racist. Leave the poor girl alone. She made the comment in 2013. People grow, people make mistakes.
Josie grew so much that on Tuesday, she plagiarized content created by black women! We MUST hold people accountable for their actions if they don't do so themselves. Would you say the same about Derek Chauvin, who murdered George Floyd? He committed so many assaults during his years as a cop. Should we not hold him accountable? Will he learn and grow if we slap him on the wrist and let him on his way? Seems like you're missing the entire point of the BLM movement.

• Heart

Coco777

Fake ass making out shes for blm, there are receipts out there! we know what she really thinks about black/brown ppl and other minoritys.

Can't stand these posers, if you aren't genuine in being an ally and standing up against racism then fuck off.

Do not use what is happening right now for clicks and likes.

• Heart

Catchingstars2134

Chatty Member
She’s trying to wriggle out of this the way she’s trying to wriggle out of everything. I am 100% not sorry to have messaged brands. This bitch is in full damage control “I’m the victim” mode. It may have worked on her literal scams. It doesn’t work on this.

Glad to see she's learning... Or simply applying advise from this site? I tend to agree with what has been said by a couple other of you: she's probably just trying to control the damage.
She’s not learning. She’s in full on damage control.

• Heart

MadameS

Chatty Member
Stephanie is 💯/💯. This is why I said Josie should keep her damn mouth shut if she knew any better. I see that petition someone took out against her is gone.
Yes, Stephanie, DRAG HER!

I’m so glad she tagged her in the last story after blocking her name in the others.

• Heart

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
Both Chloeincurve_ & Zoelondondj are 2 white influencers who called Josie out.
Chloe's posts got deleted when she asked Josie, why she archived the "muted" post. Zoe brought up the legitimacy of actual followers lol

• Heart

Vanessajenkins

God can you imagine living with Charlie darling he would drive you mad...

You 'Would you like a crumpet for breakfast Charlie?'
Charlie 'Crumpets actually come from..'

You 'Im just nipping to asda to get some milk'
Charlie 'Did you know Asda was founded....'

You 'The forecast has predicted rain for later in the week'
Charlie 'The first weather forecast was in....' :LOL: 🤦‍♀️
I do this. I feel sorry for my husband. In my defence, I am a historian. History is my life 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Hass

Chatty Member
For me I think that it is about her voice - is she trying to sound 'posh' or is their something wrong with her mouth - she sometimes sounds to me as if she has a marble in her throat - its weird. I also find it strange that she is so wealthy - just bought a house and they keep buying expensive stuff everyday - for example Charlie buys really expensive items for the kitchen - but he is not a michelin chef - it will not make him a better cook - so in some ways he looks like a jackass for wasting money.
I am new here.

• Haha

Iris1969

VIP Member
Don’t forget- Sweaty Betty thermals are going to be on fire on her channel come this winter

I feel the same way. It’s beautiful and I do like the kitchen.
After moving so much in the last 6 yrs, I want to own less, not be a slave to my house, and a small place where I don’t have to clean that much. Just like our dear Saint suggests: invest but less is best
She should have bought a much smaller Victorian property like Laura Melhuish-Sprague and Hermione Chantal or if she wanted it to be a bit more fancy a Georgian house like Ruth Crilly. Or even a gaudy bungalow like Lydia. This house is wasted on her 🙄.

• Haha

Lechat

VIP Member
I mean the caption under the now unarchived black tile is such a whine fest. “Racism is wrong but so is bullying people trying to do that right thing”. Dangerous road to suggest she’s been “bullied“ when actually all that has happened is it’s been pointed out that she removed the tile so her feed isn’t messed up, posted a few links and got straight back to normal. She’s not addressed her problematic tweets.

is that bullying? Stand up and own your actions if you can stand by them Josie. Except she can’t And that’s the problem when white influencers just copy and paste anti racism posts and dont actually have any substance or belief behind it.

• Heart

Woo_63

Chatty Member
IMG_20200603_131056_075.jpg

As suggested VegetableAboutTown now has an IG account, he's tagged Char in on a high five (a day)... just a bit of fun on a dull day 😁

• Haha
  • Heart