Fashion Mumblr #4 We need to talk. Don’t Believe Your Eyes, believe My Lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did Anthropologie ban her??
Yup that’s why she can’t order stuff from their website, with her card apparently. So she uses her mom’s PayPal account to buy stuff from their website. She tried to return some light fixture/lamp(?) in questionable state I believe. They did process a refund but she didn’t return the fixture. So they banned her.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yup that’s why she can’t order stuff from their website, with her card apparently. So she uses her mom’s PayPal account to buy stuff from their website. She tried to return some light fixture/lamp(?) in questionable state I believe. They did process a refund but she didn’t return the fixture. So they banned her.
How did you all find this out? Did she admit to not returning the fixture? This should be added to her list of crimes. So dishonest.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Okay, honestly... she has to be super bored out of her life to be making movie length vlogs. There are movies that are shorter than her almost 60 minute vlogs. 35 minutes should be TOPS!! I haven't even watched todays vlog and was already trigged by her title and comments from her stans.
I don't watch her feature-length vlogs anymore either, my nervous system can only handle 5 minutes of Charlie a day, tops.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How did you all find this out? Did she admit to not returning the fixture? This should be added to her list of crimes. So dishonest.
Yup! It’s in one of the videos prior to moving, in the previous house. This is her admitting. Can only imagine the crap she’s upto behind the scenes. Imagine getting banned by a brand. Do-not-trust-this-girl!

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I don't watch her feature-length vlogs anymore either, my nervous system can only handle 5 minutes of Charlie a day, tops.
I have to skip the bits when he puts on his annoying 'i know everything, let me tell you' voice because it makes me heave. It's the attitude I have a problem with, he makes out he's so informed when in reality we could probably tell him a thing or two about whatever new shiny thing he's found to "promote."

• Heart
  • Wow
She was quite open about it in one of her vlogs, after twisting the facts off course 🙄.

And her stans were enraged by their behaviour towards sweet innocent Josie 🥴.

• Wow
  • Sick
She was quite open about it in one of her vlogs, after twisting the facts off course 🙄.

And her stans were enraged by their behaviour towards sweet innocent Josie 🥴.
I wonder why there has not been a mass unsub from her channel wth all the transgressions she makes andadmits to.

• Sad
Okay, honestly... she has to be super bored out of her life to be making movie length vlogs. There are movies that are shorter than her almost 60 minute vlogs. 35 minutes should be TOPS!! I haven't even watched todays vlog and was already trigged by her title and comments from her stans.
She goes on about flowers for ten minutes I had to fast forward. They talk about buying a sodding bench and she says she’s changed into yet another dress.

I envision her getting the same wardrobe as Lydia after lockdown. Same walk in room but all pink and cluttered with crap.

Why are all these youtubers closets not the attic? What’s with that? And she’s going to loose space in that attic room of hers when she has stuff built in.

Not gonna lie I’d pay to watch her scream over spiders crawling in them pretty frocks of hers. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yep there was a problem with returning and refunding her broken lamp, which she caused herself, but she did her usual switcharoo and hey presto: she was the victim and they were the bad guys 🙄.

And Revolve and ASOS aren't keen on her either 😉.
That was around about when I stopped watching her. The ASOS thing. They stopped large orders being returned more than once I think and she bad mouthed them.
I can't remember the finer details though.

• Wow
  • Angry
I think influencers were just buying items to show and then return before they were getting sponsorships. Fair enough as people do want to see clothing on (H&M for example is horrible about model poses), but also you’ve not told them or struck a deal with them, so it looks shady.

Reactions: 10
I'm sorry but Charlie works out like a bootygram influencer. Maybe it's just because I am a crossfitter, but his dainty exercising is entertaining.

"This sounds like a Blooming whatever sponsorship, but it's not," but they sent the flowers for free so you still got something out of it... :rolleyes:

I live near Johnny Depp, blah blah, no one cares (n)(n)(n)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Been watching her vlogs for a while and honestly the more I watched the more vapid she seemed and the less I wanted to watch. I actually found this site because I was shocked that in the comments there weren't more people airing the same thoughts I had. After the Covid 19 breakout she moved house and it was indeed a nice escape as the Cotswolds are my favorite part of the UK so I started watching again. I don't mind her BF too much and the house was pretty so it was so nice to be able to see someone enjoying that sort of thing. I knew she was able to buy it cuz she had family money and I was not at all upset by that, that's just how life is. So I enjoyed for a bit. I was a bit put off when she started mentioning the history of her house and didn't seem to know really basic things about history, that seemed a bit shocking but no one watches her vlogs for the education so I wrote it off. That said, her use of "the secret" has always bothered me, but this time, I think she went too far and I'm actually disgusted. Very much the wrong thing at the wrong time.

The first time it really ticked me off was when she said she stays thin while eating all the garbage she does because of it. No no dear, you have genetics on your side, please make now mistake about it. However, with the house it has gone a step too far and I'll likely not want to watch her anymore because it's actually super offputting how she uses this "ideology" to basically take credit for what is really just insane privilege. Most people can spend their whole life "manifesting" and working hard for a dream house, but they will never get it because they lack generational wealth. Most people will work super hard to make a good YouTube lifestyle channel but they aren't "blonde and perky and pretty" so they won't succeed. To do this now, with what is going on in the US (and the world) now shows just how much privilege plays into every aspect of daily life, from interactions to police officers, to getting a job you want, to having the generational wealth to buy a 2 Million pound property in the Cotswolds. That she would so openly mention how she used the secret to manifest this vs talking about how grateful she is for the privilege of being able to afford the home of her dreams (or just saying nothing at all about it) is flat out insulting. I say this as a person who has a lot of privilege. But yeah, I'm really grossed out by this and glad there is a place where I can say that where other people will understand. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm sorry but Charlie works out like a bootygram influencer. Maybe it's just because I am a crossfitter, but his dainty exercising is entertaining.
He only does his upper body and his chest is getting massive, but his legs are remaining short and thin, so he'd better watch out that he isn't going to topple 🥴.

Been watching her vlogs for a while and honestly the more I watched the more vapid she seemed and the less I wanted to watch. I actually found this site because I was shocked that in the comments there weren't more people airing the same thoughts I had. After the Covid 19 breakout she moved house and it was indeed a nice escape as the Cotswolds are my favorite part of the UK so I started watching again. I don't mind her BF too much and the house was pretty so it was so nice to be able to see someone enjoying that sort of thing. I knew she was able to buy it cuz she had family money and I was not at all upset by that, that's just how life is. So I enjoyed for a bit. I was a bit put off when she started mentioning the history of her house and didn't seem to know really basic things about history, that seemed a bit shocking but no one watches her vlogs for the education so I wrote it off. That said, her use of "the secret" has always bothered me, but this time, I think she went too far and I'm actually disgusted. Very much the wrong thing at the wrong time.

The first time it really ticked me off was when she said she stays thin while eating all the garbage she does because of it. No no dear, you have genetics on your side, please make now mistake about it. However, with the house it has gone a step too far and I'll likely not want to watch her anymore because it's actually super offputting how she uses this "ideology" to basically take credit for what is really just insane privilege. Most people can spend their whole life "manifesting" and working hard for a dream house, but they will never get it because they lack generational wealth. Most people will work super hard to make a good YouTube lifestyle channel but they aren't "blonde and perky and pretty" so they won't succeed. To do this now, with what is going on in the US (and the world) now shows just how much privilege plays into every aspect of daily life, from interactions to police officers, to getting a job you want, to having the generational wealth to buy a 2 Million pound property in the Cotswolds. That she would so openly mention how she used the secret to manifest this vs talking about how grateful she is for the privilege of being able to afford the home of her dreams (or just saying nothing at all about it) is flat out insulting. I say this as a person who has a lot of privilege. But yeah, I'm really grossed out by this and glad there is a place where I can say that where other people will understand. :)
Welcome, don't mind the mess and make yourself at home 😃👍.

Last edited:
I think there hasn't been a mass unsubscribing because most of her subscribers aren't even actively watching her videos. Each video's view count ranges from 40k to 100k if she does a haul or clickbait title (i.e. WE NEED TO TALK). Are they bought? Bots? I wonder...

I dislike that Josie dodged the dress question. She clearly wore the dress.

I found the Anthropologie rant! here, she talks about how she managed to get herself banned- by demanding that Anthropologie drive all the way to her home to pick up the faulty lamp. I thought she acted rather entitled for expecting that. She deserves it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think there hasn't been a mass unsubscribing because most of her subscribers aren't even actively watching her videos. Each video's view count ranges from 40k to 100k if she does a haul or clickbait title (i.e. WE NEED TO TALK). Are they bought? Bots? I wonder...

I dislike that Josie dodged the dress question. She clearly wore the dress.

I found the Anthropologie rant! here, she talks about how she managed to get herself banned- by demanding that Anthropologie drive all the way to her home to pick up the faulty lamp. I thought she acted rather entitled for expecting that. She deserves it.
Do you know the time stamp?

Reactions: 2
i fixed the link to start around 14 mins in!
Oh my god!! insufferable!

"I AM NOT spending 2 hours repacking the light I bought" The way she said that so irately - as if during this lockdown she has a million other things to do.

I cannot stand her attitude.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
i fixed the link to start around 14 mins in!
I wonder how much money of her previous orders they took. That is hilarious!! And why wouldn't you return the lamp sooner vs propping it up all goofy like?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I definitely have a feeling at the moment - there's a higher amount of new user's at the moment from Josie's free promotion of Tattle on her insta (I'm almost worried we will get an invoice)

Welcome Welcome one and all!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.