Fashion Mumblr #4 We need to talk. Don’t Believe Your Eyes, believe My Lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly.. I HATE Annie Sloan paints - I just think they look so kitsch - as does most of the design choices she makes.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Finally showing the coach house! All of Charlie’s family must have vacated it & returned home now from their lockdown holidays in the Cotswold.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Look who gave Hyacinth a "like", she will be so pleased 😂:
20200531_000359.jpg

And what is Josie telling us here? 🤔
20200531_000419.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Who will now sleep comfortably knowing the big secret has been finally revealed?
I will sleep like a baby. Thank you Josie

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have my tin foil hat firmly tied on with my Hermés scarf.
Do you think Josie is playing with us. We know she reads here.
We were talking about her cleaning the duck pond and killing the newts. A few days later she posts a picture of Charlie in the duck pond in chest waders.
Yesterday, we were talking about her Burberry leggings/Jodhpurs. Which led to conversations about Badminton/Gatscombe etc
Tonight, she posts an at the races photo. She maybe doesn't know the difference between Badminton and Ascot, they are all horses to her but I do think she is making a dig.

Who will now sleep comfortably knowing the big secret has been finally revealed?
I will sleep like a baby. Thank you Josie
Ah come on. I know you are salty it wasn't a giveaway! 😂

• Haha
Well wasn't that all disappointing, what a let down. My daughter is just walking around the house yelling "click bait Mum" "its just all click bait".

• Haha
Reactions: 16
We were talking about her cleaning the duck pond and killing the newts. A few days later she posts a picture of Charlie in the duck pond in chest waders.
Yesterday, we were talking about her Burberry leggings/Jodhpurs. Which led to conversations about Badminton/Gatscombe etc
Tonight, she posts an at the races photo. She maybe doesn't know the difference between Badminton and Ascot, they are all horses to her but I do think she is making a dig.

You know I’m *weeping*

You give her too much credit. The Mirabeau drama was intentional.... She made like 5 IG story posts about drinking. All this other is coincidental I imagine... When she wants to rub something in it will be blatant.

Reactions: 5
So instead of watching this latest flop of a video I checked out my subscriptions, and Mr Kate have ALSO uploaded a “we’ve been keeping a secret” video, only theirs is a reveal that they have been designing their own furniture line. They hadn’t been able to see their samples in person yet because of stay at home orders, but now they were able to go into the office and see them (and show us) for the first time.

As secrets go, it was (a) on brand for them; (b) actually a surprise; and (c) genuinely moving because all their plans had been derailed by coronavirus and you could see they were thrilled to be seeing these pieces for the first time, and hopefully getting their plans back on track.

I don’t think I can go from that video to Josie’s lukewarm 54 minute snoozefest, sorry Josie.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Whoever you are and wherever you are, stay there!
45ADA842-E689-4635-8DF5-56621C6BC22A.jpeg

Yes, interesting. Hi, you in here? 😊
39F8F604-E407-4683-8792-77AC718203D9.jpeg

Who is this suckup? I’ve seen her comment many times. Literally, obsessed.
4E8B72F8-FAA8-486C-A456-958D6A5FE611.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello tattlers,
First time to post!
First of all, excuse my English, it’s not my first language
Secondly, I’d like to give you a little background on me so that you can relate to what I’m saying
I’m a 25-year-old female, a health care worker, from a 3rd world Arab country
Okay then, let’s get into the topic
It’s gonna be about both Lydia and Josie, but Josie mostly so I wrote it on her thread
I’ve been following them for over three years now
At first, I was really amazed by all what I’m seeing, the lifestyle, the outfits, the houses, the skincare, everything
As a 3rd world country, this is waaaay above average for us
I began being obsessed with clothes, that I’d literally spend all my money on it, denying all other stuff. Well, zara and topshop are pricy for a common citizen here, luxury brands are not even in our scope
I would live for the thrill of getting money and spending it, I was so much influenced by them, thinking subconsciously that this is happiness, and that I’d watch them so that I watch my ultimate life goals and work for them
When this whole quarantine thing began, their videos started flooding in, and I became a regular viewer on here, at first I used to believe that like they said those gossip people were nasty and lifeless
To the contrary, I found you more educated and knowledgeable than any of them
You brought me back to reality, that material stuff were not the goal, that I don’t need to buy something that I DON’T NEED
Whenever I came across an item that I liked, I thought to myself do I need it ? And it’s the first time that I could have extra money at the end of the month and set it aside for a greater purpose
These so called influencers need to face the fact that they’re advertisers at the best (not to mention frauds)
An influencer is someone who influences me to think better, extend my horizons, take care of my mental health (which is lowkey destroyed in all the people who watch them, watching the things they can’t have (said by research not me)), someone who influences me to work out, to have a healthier body, a healthier skin with no tons of makeup and all chemicals infused skincare, to help others, to take good care of my friends and family, to develop my personality and my career, read books, take online courses on various subjects

I mean who can live wit something like50,000€ bags on their shelves that they don’t ever use, it’d literally weigh my soul to have a burden like that

Josie shoves ads in our mouths like we are sheep, who the bleeping hell needs so much summer dresses while they’re even not going out? Who wears light colored shorts while gardening with all the mud, soil and whatever
Realistically, even if I’m doing my dishes, I wouldn’t wear a pyjama that’s expensive or that I really like
I recently watched a loungewear vlog that was almost 2 months ago, and I’ve literally not watched any item in that haul ever again
And affecting young girls, like that’s what happiness feels like (subconscious messages like Lydia saying all the time I’m so happyyyyy, it makes me so happyyyyyy that I got this, sends subconscious messages that that’s what happiness is) in getting everything for yourself with minimal effort, not in helping and giving others, not in being an active member of society, cultivating all the greedy and selfish behaviors in viewers without them even realizing it

As a HCW, seeing her break the lockdown rules, really got in my nerves, everyone is suffering away from their families, patients who have other chronic illnesses have problems going to the hospitals and receiving their medications, patients with lupus for example in my country can’t find hydroquinone now, yes I realize depression and alcoholism are chronic and can be quite fatal, but you live in a country and a society and you’re obliged to follow the rules for the good of everyone, without any excuses. Rules are meant to choose the best for everyone but not avoid the bad!

As someone who adores her mum, Lydia was done for me when she exposed her mum when she had a hair problem, even if it was my job, I’d never ever get that on camera, she loves noone ever in life but herself. Her lack of hygiene pisses me off and it was mentioned a lot of times on her thread.

she could have used her alleged gluten sensitivity to support people who have it as well, saying how she copes with it, how she minimizes the attacks, even give recipes that she tried and tested and found delicious that are gluten free!
Instead, she cooks her advertised gluten free pasta with minimal effort, like anyone with a human brain would cook it!
Okay this have been so long 😅 I had so much in my mind to say before I posted, but I can’t remember any now

So my purpose of sharing this with you, is that you know that tattle matters, it’s useful, it opens up the eyes of people to the truth, it wakes them from the hypnosis of the constant ads and unhealthy lifestyle of these greedy people
It’s not negative, it’s not bullying, it’s not a waste of time nor a rant, it’s FACTS

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Thoughts on today’s vlog (the parts that I watched)

“I thought I’d treat myself”
For real bish? When are you not treating yourself?

“I made a Net-a-porter order.”

for someone so posh, I can’t believe she doesn’t know how to pronounce the site. It’s pronounced net a portay, which is a play on the French phrase prêt a porter (also prêt a manger the restaurant is as well). She must know how to pronounce prêt a porter after her rigorous fashion education?

I actually really like that H&M dress, but I’m not going anywhere for months I assume. I don’t have an estate to float around in...I’d look pretty silly in my flat running around in it.
She's been treating herself because of corona every week, it's very comforting for people who can't even afford the basics for their kids now.
And yo make it worse, it's all gifted/vouchers/huge discounts.

Hey guys,
This is my first post on this site. I've officially unsubscribed. I think, more than anything, the Zimmerman dupe scam is something I cannot get over. I used to really like Josie. I got to know of her from Freddy's videos and I started following her because I liked her style more than Freddy's (which was too young for me, but nothing at all against her content).
But the scam is something I would have never seen coming because Josie seemed SO sweet. I'm actually sad that she chose to do that to people who look to her for fashion advice. Very unfortunate, really.
Also I think there's not much innovation or effort in her outfits now, as there was when I first loved her videos.

Also, thank you guys, for letting people know about the scam because I would've never known/guessed.

Having an international audience, Josie could do and be so much more. Sad, really.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.