Fashion Mumblr #3 Deceiver deceiver comment deleter, this is not an AD!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooooh, she's heavy on the disclosures (whilst being as vague as possible) in todays video but you can see the resentment in her eyes and her passive aggressive body language as she's 'declaring' them.

Do you think we're getting to her šŸ˜‚
Thatā€™s my favorite part. She hates declaring. Do you guys think the ASA or CMA have contacted her yet? šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I follow HopeScope on YT and she does mostly athletic clothing reviews. She just talked about how she spent a ton of money on dumb purchases to review on YT, used them as tax write-offs, and spent obscene money on an expensive vacation. She explained it was a wake up call for her.

Paraphrased: Don't feel the need to succumb to consumerism. None of this will make you happy. We are all bombarded with products to purchase, etc etc. A cute video with giveaway winners (she frequently does these).

I thought it to be so genuine compared to Josie. Josie has more followers than Hope, and both of their videos launched today have about the same amount of views. It just shows you can still be a fashion blogger, live in reality, do good, and provide quality content. That said Hope is like most of us US girls, a lowly suburbanite.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Schools slowly reopening again, me back to work (still working partly from home though), I hope youā€™re all well and healthy too!

If our ā€˜fair and noble hostessā€™, Lady Aga of Cotswolds, believes to be part of the Cotswolds bourgeoisie (bouji ā€“ LOL!) then she should at least know how to pronounce ā€œbroderie anglaiseā€or use the English equivalent ā€œEnglish embroideryā€! She pronounces it almost similar to ā€œongleā€ ā€“ haha, which means ā€œnailā€ in French (the broderie nail, LOL!) instead of correctly ā€œanglaiseā€ with the s pronounced, coz itā€™s ā€œla broderieā€ and not ā€œleā€. What a stupid snob! I highly doubt that sheā€™d be accepted by any high society with her way to speak and behave! And even as a fashion advisor, she should know how to pronounce certain French words! Also, to me it seems she doesnā€™t have a clue about fashion: same colors and style, year in year out, she doesnā€™t know how to play with colors, at least Iā€™d expect that sheā€™d suggest an appropriate outfit with shoes to go with the dresses or a handbag or jacket/cardigan. Thereā€™s no creativity at all, and thatā€™s what fashion is normally about, right! Being creative, mixing interesting colors together, playing with outfits, making your dresses of previous seasons new by adding some stylish new shoes or an eye-catching handbag or even mixing second hand with some new lux items. Thatā€™s fashion and creativity. None of that can be found in Lady Agaā€™s channel! Instead she presents one dress after the other, just for the sake of making money ā€“ the tremendous amount of affiliate links below her vlog is ridiculous and shows her greedy character! šŸ˜¬

Moreover, as already others mentioned, no one would wear this stuff in the countryside! Sheā€™ll be the laugh of Cotswolds! And then her garden gnome conversing about arranging knives and wooden spoons in a kitchen drawer, Iā€™d love to be a mouse and see how other people would react! What a nonsense to buy hundreds of dresses, just for wearing as a rag around the house! High society people and rich people donā€™t really possess exaggerated amounts of clothing, especially not in pink!, and blatantly show them off, youā€™d know immediately they are parvenus trying to be rich and in fact are not! Rich people are humble and most of the time try hard not to impress people too much. And most importantly, they have style which our fear and noble hostess, Lady Aga of Cotswolds doesnā€™t have!

Sorry for the long rant, I just had to get rid of that! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Schools slowly reopening again, me back to work (still working partly from home though), I hope youā€™re all well and healthy too!

If our ā€˜fair and noble hostessā€™, Lady Aga of Cotswolds, believes to be part of the Cotswolds bourgeoisie (bouji ā€“ LOL!) then she should at least know how to pronounce ā€œbroderie anglaiseā€or use the English equivalent ā€œEnglish embroideryā€! She pronounces it almost similar to ā€œongleā€ ā€“ haha, which means ā€œnailā€ in French (the broderie nail, LOL!) instead of correctly ā€œanglaiseā€ with the s pronounced, coz itā€™s ā€œla broderieā€ and not ā€œleā€. What a stupid snob! I highly doubt that sheā€™d be accepted by any high society with her way to speak and behave! And even as a fashion advisor, she should know how to pronounce certain French words! Also, to me it seems she doesnā€™t have a clue about fashion: same colors and style, year in year out, she doesnā€™t know how to play with colors, at least Iā€™d expect that sheā€™d suggest an appropriate outfit with shoes to go with the dresses or a handbag or jacket/cardigan. Thereā€™s no creativity at all, and thatā€™s what fashion is normally about, right! Being creative, mixing interesting colors together, playing with outfits, making your dresses of previous seasons new by adding some stylish new shoes or an eye-catching handbag or even mixing second hand with some new lux items. Thatā€™s fashion and creativity. None of that can be found in Lady Agaā€™s channel! Instead she presents one dress after the other, just for the sake of making money ā€“ the tremendous amount of affiliate links below her vlog is ridiculous and shows her greedy character! šŸ˜¬

Moreover, as already others mentioned, no one would wear this stuff in the countryside! Sheā€™ll be the laugh of Cotswolds! And then her garden gnome conversing about arranging knives and wooden spoons in a kitchen drawer, Iā€™d love to be a mouse and see how other people would react! What a nonsense to buy hundreds of dresses, just for wearing as a rag around the house! High society people and rich people donā€™t really possess exaggerated amounts of clothing, especially not in pink!, and blatantly show them off, youā€™d know immediately they are parvenus trying to be rich and in fact are not! Rich people are humble and most of the time try hard not to impress people too much. And most importantly, they have style which our fear and noble hostess, Lady Aga of Cotswolds doesnā€™t have!

I showed a friend of mine who is a minor aristocrat
one of Josies YouTube videos. Without commenting myself, after watching, she said "what a pretentious fake. She would be a laughing stock in our circles". Now my friend is very kind and down to earth and not a snob at all but like us she just saw straight through Josie (and Lydia too)

Josie needs to drop the act or she won't be made welcome in the circles she desires to be part of or in her village.

Reactions: 11
I showed a friend of mine who is a minor aristocrat
one of Josies YouTube videos. Without commenting myself, after watching, she said "what a pretentious fake. She would be a laughing stock in our circles". Now my friend is very kind and down to earth and not a snob at all but like us she just saw straight through Josie (and Lydia too)

Josie needs to drop the act or she won't be made welcome in the circles she desires to be part of or in her village.
Absolutely! Your friend is a good example of people in high society! They don't want to brag because they want to make friends and who makes friends with showing off! Josie and her garden gnome would never ever be accepted by classy people!

A sunglasses chain... why does she act like sheā€™s in her 50s?
In The Frow was advertising a sunglasses chain in her recent vlog too, so it must be a product doing the rounds of all the influencers šŸ˜‚

Gives you an insight into how much of their content is driven by the brands themselves rather than innate fashion qualities of the influencers. They're all on the same gravy chain.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Line up, line up... Who wants to send me a brand spanking new camera for some air time? #LittleMissBegsAlot
Screenshot_20200520_125448.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Imagine Josie and her garden gnome speaking to classy people - one is a doctor, the other one owns a flourishing business firm coming from old money, another one is an affluent architect or some intelligent university professor and they ask Josie and garden gnome about their profession: "I'm a YouTuber making money with affiliate links and selling crap on my channel, I love the Ted Baker style and my boyfriend is my gardener. My favourite colour is pink as is the overall style of my house!" LOL! People would keep a stiff upper lip as a classy person would normally do, however, she'd be the laugh of the circle and never be accepted! That's for sure!

Why canā€™t people just be satisfied with what or who they are?! Authenticity is the key term here. She was more authentic and hence acceptable in her old house in London! Every profession or life style is ok as long as you are honest and accept who you are! No one wants to talk to pretenders or let alone make friends with them! Rich people are extremely alerted when it comes to parvenus who want to have a share in their affluence or strive for participating in their prestige! It turns them off immediately and is an absolute no-go if you want to be accepted! Just be authentic, thatā€™s all we need to be in life and weā€™ll attract the right people, whether wealthy or not!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I love the long rants. No need to apologize šŸ’•
I agree.
She has sooooo much more potential. I do like her style a lot (I wonā€™t deny that). She could do so much more with what she has like:
ā€¢wardrobe capsule (this is literally what she preaches actually- fewer things but investments that can be worn for years and create multiple outfits)
ā€¢yes- like you said- reviving past season outfits to fit into current trends or what accessories can help revive an outfit
ā€¢pieces sheā€™s had for years
ā€¢how to take care of clothes to last longer
ā€¢find a dupe for the luxury brand with an affordable brand. I know she does this with Zimmerman (#neverforget #zimmermangate)
ā€¢coats that have stood the test of time
I just donā€™t know how many of the same white/beige coats can she have?

I just wanted Iā€™m sorry to you all. My phoneā€™s keyboard /autocorrect hates me and sometimes my rants sound like Iā€™m drunk or something šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Heart
Imagine Josie and her garden gnome speaking to classy people - one is a doctor, the other one owns a flourishing business firm coming from old money, another one is an affluent architect or some intelligent university professor and they ask Josie and garden gnome about their profession: "I'm a YouTuber making money with affiliate links and selling crap on my channel, I love the Ted Baker style and my boyfriend is my gardener. My favourite colour is pink as is the overall style of my house!" LOL! People would keep a stiff upper lip as a classy person would normally do, however, she'd be the laugh of the circle and never be accepted! That's for sure!

Why canā€™t people just be satisfied with what or who they are?! Authenticity is the key term here. She was more authentic and hence acceptable in her old house in London! Every profession or life style is ok as long as you are honest and accept who you are! No one wants to talk to pretenders or let alone make friends with them! Rich people are extremely alerted when it comes to parvenus who want to have a share in their affluence or strive for participating in their prestige! It turns them off immediately and is an absolute no-go if you want to be accepted! Just be authentic, thatā€™s all we need to be in life and weā€™ll attract the right people, whether wealthy or not!
So true! There is a fine line between trying to better yourself by using all your talents and social climbing, but she misses the finesse to see the difference šŸ™„.

Reactions: 7
Josie's business plan, the Cotswolds edition:
  • Identify the need for a product
  • Incorporate the need onto a social media post "oh no, I dropped my camera and it's falling apart, whatever will I do"
  • Let it gain some views and interaction over a day or two. Let the Aga Army make recommendations for companies & products.
  • Email a number of brands mentioned by the Aga Army. Alert them to a potentially lucrative marketing opportunity. Show them the social media post and Aga Army comments.
  • Await a response
  • Positive response: make a social media post about the amazing new product. Provide an affiliate link. Mention regularly over the next few posts to bump interest and maximise affiliate link revenue "we just love relaxing on the garden with this amazing rose wine by mirawhatever"
  • Negative response: bash the company on social media and behave like a spoiled brat
  • And repeat. Every hour. Every day.
She also does it with brands she wants to partner with: Samsung, Daylesford, Waitrose, Dyson, Aga etc. I suspect she's been passively begging for a new Thermomix too. What next? Has to be a Kitchen Aid mixer, surely?

I bet she tries to set up a partnership with an energy company this autumn to get free heating.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Josie's business plan, the Cotswolds edition:
  • Identify the need for a product
  • Incorporate the need onto a social media post "oh no, I dropped my camera and it's falling apart, whatever will I do"
  • Let it gain some views and interaction over a day or two. Let the Aga Army make recommendations for companies & products.
  • Email a number of brands mentioned by the Aga Army. Alert them to a potentially lucrative marketing opportunity. Show them the social media post and Aga Army comments.
  • Await a response
  • Positive response: make a social media post about the amazing new product. Provide an affiliate link. Mention regularly over the next few posts to bump interest and maximise affiliate link revenue "we just love relaxing on the garden with this amazing rose wine by mirawhatever"
  • Negative response: bash the company on social media and behave like a spoiled brat
  • And repeat. Every hour. Every day.
She also does it with brands she wants to partner with: Samsung, Daylesford, Waitrose, Dyson, Aga etc. I suspect she's been passively begging for a new Thermomix too. What next? Has to be a Kitchen Aid mixer, surely?

I bet she tries to set up a partnership with an energy company this autumn to get free heating.
Sweaty Betty is going to be lit this winter with those thermals!!

• Haha

I agree with all of this. I think Josie will struggle to make friends.
I think in the city she overlapped many different groups but in the country it's different.
1.) You have the born and bred folk, the Cotswolds is their life and in their blood.
2.)Then the professional folk who love living in the Cotswolds and have embraced it and are only shoehorned out to go to work or on holiday.
3.)The rock and roll set (like Beckhams, Kate Moss et al) or Soho Farmhouse set who all contribute to the economy but whose residency is temporary and short lived and usually for seclusion and privacy.

Josie and the gnome don't fit into any of these sets. She could diversify her fashion to jeans and t-shirts which would encompass all 3 sets but that would get boring or more boring than white frilly summer dresses. I don't know.

I love the long rants. No need to apologize šŸ’•
I agree.
She has sooooo much more potential. I do like her style a lot (I wonā€™t deny that). She could do so much more with what she has like:
ā€¢wardrobe capsule (this is literally what she preaches actually- fewer things but investments that can be worn for years and create multiple outfits)
ā€¢yes- like you said- reviving past season outfits to fit into current trends or what accessories can help revive an outfit
ā€¢pieces sheā€™s had for years
ā€¢how to take care of clothes to last longer
ā€¢find a dupe for the luxury brand with an affordable brand. I know she does this with Zimmerman (#neverforget #zimmermangate)
ā€¢coats that have stood the test of time
I just donā€™t know how many of the same white/beige coats can she have?

I just wanted Iā€™m sorry to you all. My phoneā€™s keyboard /autocorrect hates me and sometimes my rants sound like Iā€™m drunk or something šŸ˜‚
Yes brilliant! You should take over her channel! How about posting your suggestions in a comment to her channel!

I agree with all of this. I think Josie will struggle to make friends.
I think in the city she overlapped many different groups but in the country it's different.
1.) You have the born and bred folk, the Cotswolds is their life and in their blood.
2.)Then the professional folk who love living in the Cotswolds and have embraced it and are only shoehorned out to go to work or on holiday.
3.)The rock and roll set (like Beckhams, Kate Moss et al) or Soho Farmhouse set who all contribute to the economy but whose residency is temporary and short lived and usually for seclusion and privacy.

Josie and the gnome don't fit into any of these sets. She could diversify her fashion to jeans and t-shirts which would encompass all 3 sets but that would get boring or more boring than white frilly summer dresses. I don't know.
So true, she will definitely need to adjust, otherwise it will make her an apparent hypocrite, which she is already, however, for the moment, only we know! :) But this will change as she will mingle with the Cotswolds people there.
As a non-UK, what is the Soho Farmhouse? I've heard it so often on her channel, and also members here talk about it a lot. Is it a kind of lux hotel??

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes brilliant! You should take over her channel! How about posting your suggestions in a comment to her channel!

So true, she will definitely need to adjust, otherwise it will make her an apparent hypocrite, which she is already, however, for the moment, only we know! :) But this will change as she will mingle with the Cotswolds people there.
As a non-UK, what is the Soho Farmhouse? I've heard it so often on her channel, and also members here talk about it a lot. Is it a kind of lux hotel??
I have suggested this to her especially the wardrobe capsule. Now I know she listens if you through FTC & ASA in the mix lol

I think the Soho Farmhouse is the equivalent of a Country Club here in the US (please correct me if I'm wrong).
"A member's club in 100 acres of Oxfordshire countryside with ten garden rooms, 40 cabins, a four-bedroom cottage, 40 piglets, and a seven-bedroom farm house. Club spaces include the Hay Barn, Main Barn and Mill Room for eating and drinking, a Boathouse with outdoor and indoor heated pools, Cowshed Relax spa with Steam and Sauna Island, and Cowshed Active with gym and studio. There is also an Electric Barn cinema, tennis courts, a five-a-side football pitch, horse stables, clay pigeon shooting and a Teeny Barn and Camp."

I creeped on the website. It's a beautiful place and that pool is pretty awesome. I can totally see the attraction of it. Also if it offers privacy- the elite and celebrities will embrace this to enjoy somewhat of a normal life outside of the flashy cameras.

Last edited:
No it's not a lux hotel, as anyone could use that as long as you paid for it. It's a members only club and part of a chain of exclusive clubs all over the world (Soho House). It started in Soho, London, then big cities like NY, Barcelona, Istanbul and Amsterdam followed and now it's also in the countryside.

Last edited:
I have suggested this to her especially the wardrobe capsule. Now I know she listens if you through FTC & ASA in the mix lol

I think the Soho Farmhouse is the equivalent of a Country Club here in the US (please correct me if I'm wrong).
"A member's club in 100 acres of Oxfordshire countryside with ten garden rooms, 40 cabins, a four-bedroom cottage, 40 piglets, and a seven-bedroom farm house. Club spaces include the Hay Barn, Main Barn and Mill Room for eating and drinking, a Boathouse with outdoor and indoor heated pools, Cowshed Relax spa with Steam and Sauna Island, and Cowshed Active with gym and studio. There is also an Electric Barn cinema, tennis courts, a five-a-side football pitch, horse stables, clay pigeon shooting and a Teeny Barn and Camp."

I creeped on the website. It's a beautiful place and that pool is pretty awesome. I can totally see the attraction of it. Also if it offers privacy- the elite and celebrities will embrace this to enjoy somewhat of a normal life outside of the flashy cameras.
I see, I know the 'Soho House Berlin' and I'm familiar with other soho houses, the farmhouse in 'Soho Farmhouse' is somewhat misleading to me, I wouldn't think of a member's only club or the soho houses, tbh. But that's just me who didn't quite get the association. šŸ„“ A country club is something everyone knows though, me included. :)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.