Fashion Mumblr #24 Racist Josie in an ugly floral dress, mansplaining Charlie what a mess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understood it more in a way that the TV will be available for a fee. Greedy greedy Josie.

(The bathroom is gorgeous and I quite like the kitchen too. )
The kitchen and bathroom are lovely, but I think milady will not be amused when things break and go missing. I wonder what the per night rental price will be?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Sorry to be a pain, but who is Chibby. Long time watcher, from when she first started her fashion advice blogs and showed no Charlie, but I have also gone for long periods when I just couldn't watch her, so there are a few gaps in the storyline for me. No long explanation is necessary, just clarify who Chibby is and these reviews. Is this the guest house Lala had? Thanks in advance, my dahlings! :giggle:
Chibby aka ChibbyNicoll was/is the user name of one of their many eBay accounts in which they sold PR/Clothes/everything on.

This person even called her out:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The quality of finish on Strawtop is impressive, but on a business sense it is so wrong. I have helped design rental home interiors with their owners and also helped with their main homes and it is so interesting seeing the difference between the quality of finish for their rental and their own home that they live in everyday. There are lots of things that is lovely at Strawtop, but so many things are silly unless they will be there a few times a week for maintenance.

Pros include the Dyson fans in the bedrooms and hair tools, luxurious finish in the kitchen and the dining/living room, good quality furniture and lots of classic pieces that will last for years and style updates. A bit OTT for a rental cottage but no-doubt a high nightly rate will be charged to make up for it.

Cons are: No TV is the worst of it all!! This is in England and they want people to come during the winter when the dark evenings are long and not let them entertain themselves?? only a board game/book which doesn't work for young kids etc. also, not everyone wants to go out all evening, every evening, lovely idea but not practical. Ditto all the potted plants, who is going to water them?? That 'boot room' cushion fabric will be ruined after one muddy walk and a dirt splattered coat. Beautiful fabric, but so dirt prone being a light linen. Any non-wipeable fabric that is often touched (curtains, cushions, sofas, chairs, bedspreads etc) will show wear within the year unless they have super clean guests. This isn't rocket science, but this is somewhat style over substance.

I really love the cottage and if they were living there full time I would be sure it would be okay long term but there are different principles for rental homes that I just hope guests will keep clean.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Did anyone pick up on Charlie's sense of entitlement when he was talking about The Jim laurence lights? "They've never sent us anything. Not even a thank you for featuring." I just couldn't believe how bratty he was about it. He goes on about how grateful he is for receiving things and thank yous from brands, but really he just expects to be sent stuff if he features a brand. Do you feature the brand because you believe in it, or do you feature the brand because of what they will send you as a thank you? Disgusting.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Did anyone pick up on Charlie's sense of entitlement when he was talking about The Jim laurence lights? "They've never sent us anything. Not even a thank you for featuring." I just couldn't believe how bratty he was about it. He goes on about how grateful he is for receiving things and thank yous from brands, but really he just expects to be sent stuff if he features a brand. Do you feature the brand because you believe in it, or do you feature the brand because of what they will send you as a thank you? Disgusting.
Josie is also really down on Zara. She has said multiple times that there in store service is crap and that they don't work with influencers. But as someone who was in media sales Zara might have a new media approach so don't burn any bridges daahhhling.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Josie is also really down on Zara. She has said multiple times that there in store service is crap and that they don't work with influencers. But as someone who was in media sales Zara might have a new media approach so don't burn any bridges daahhhling.
she’s just mad that she can’t link up affiliates! 😂 soo glad some companies don’t work with influencers

Reactions: 19
Apparently the first guests are Lydia Millen and her hubby as thats the only Cotswold cottage she'll get to stay in. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yup ...

I'm about to start gut Reno-ing a house, and for that, Jim Lawrence have a new customer :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
literally said the same thing, I don’t think they realise how bratty it sounds as I would have cut that out!

Reactions: 16
The quality of finish on Strawtop is impressive, but on a business sense it is so wrong. I have helped design rental home interiors with their owners and also helped with their main homes and it is so interesting seeing the difference between the quality of finish for their rental and their own home that they live in everyday. There are lots of things that is lovely at Strawtop, but so many things are silly unless they will be there a few times a week for maintenance.

Pros include the Dyson fans in the bedrooms and hair tools, luxurious finish in the kitchen and the dining/living room, good quality furniture and lots of classic pieces that will last for years and style updates. A bit OTT for a rental cottage but no-doubt a high nightly rate will be charged to make up for it.

Cons are: No TV is the worst of it all!! This is in England and they want people to come during the winter when the dark evenings are long and not let them entertain themselves?? only a board game/book which doesn't work for young kids etc. also, not everyone wants to go out all evening, every evening, lovely idea but not practical. Ditto all the potted plants, who is going to water them?? That 'boot room' cushion fabric will be ruined after one muddy walk and a dirt splattered coat. Beautiful fabric, but so dirt prone being a light linen. Any non-wipeable fabric that is often touched (curtains, cushions, sofas, chairs, bedspreads etc) will show wear within the year unless they have super clean guests. This isn't rocket science, but this is somewhat style over substance.

I really love the cottage and if they were living there full time I would be sure it would be okay long term but there are different principles for rental homes that I just hope guests will keep clean.
I can't understand who their target renters are supposed to be in that teeny tiny cottage? Two couples, four friends, one couple with 2 children??? Doesn't seem exactly child friendly with those stairs tho and I cannot see how four normal sized adults could share that poky space without a case of 'murder in the Cotswolds'! How do four people fit around that dining table for e.g. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to put a suitcase away and very little hanging space or drawers. I would expect a decent wardrobe at least, (for all my Zimmermann dresses;)). Sorry Milady but even at a bargain price I would not be tempted to stay there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Hahahaha. This is genuinly just the local GP practice near by - not a hospital 😵 she’s such a liar liar pants on fire
This is my problem with her, the constant scheming and manipulating.

literally said the same thing, I don’t think they realise how bratty it sounds as I would have cut that out!
I think she deliberately leaves in the mansplainer's gaffes to make herself look good and to get sympathy and support from her followers. Or else she'd simply edit things out. She needs this. Why else post her doctor's office a the local hospital if you are not desperate for a sympathy vote?

Charles is everything I dislike about a man and is terribly annoying, but he never deliberately sets her up to fail, like she often does with him.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I can't understand who their target renters are supposed to be in that teeny tiny cottage? Two couples, four friends, one couple with 2 children??? Doesn't seem exactly child friendly with those stairs tho and I cannot see how four normal sized adults could share that poky space without a case of 'murder in the Cotswolds'! How do four people fit around that dining table for e.g. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to put a suitcase away and very little hanging space or drawers. I would expect a decent wardrobe at least, (for all my Zimmermann dresses;)). Sorry Milady but even at a bargain price I would not be tempted to stay there.
I cannot WAIT to see the pricing - remember the cottage is literally miles away from the Cotswolds, but she's going to be pricing it as if you're rocking up to Daylesford. Charlie and Josie are both tiny people and it looks claustrophobic already. Throw in a chap that's 6"4+ and it's going to be carnage

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Josefiend had a good dig at Selfridges in her first video about the Zimmermann dress. The second time she mentioned that the Zimmermann dress couldn't be returned (smeared with makeup on), she didn't name Selfridges because she's now promoting Samsung through Selfridges.

She loves to always throw shade. In Ibiza she complained about the service of that restaurant, but then went back to eat there when they extended their stay.

Her target market is the romantic view she has in her head of that movie, The Holiday.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Do we think a supplier will take the bait and step up to gift a television, which Josie will of course not disclose as gifted/AD, to Strawtop Cottage?

Reactions: 7
5B3F6181-E2B4-414F-A3B9-73096B246B57.jpeg

OMG! The migraine inducing tiles in the Strawtop Cottage’s bathroom - on the floor and walls. Yikes😰

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I hadn't actually realised how small it is until I looked at the floor plans... They have put in two double beds as well so not really suitable for a family with two kids and four adults sharing one tiny shower room with one toilet isn't really going to be that comfortable...

They've done that thing that I hate in rentals as well where there is nowhere in the bathroom to put your wash bag and toiletries!

Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 14.57.19.png

I cannot WAIT to see the pricing - remember the cottage is literally miles away from the Cotswolds, but she's going to be pricing it as if you're rocking up to Daylesford. Charlie and Josie are both tiny people and it looks claustrophobic already. Throw in a chap that's 6"4+ and it's going to be carnage
I looked up the address and it's nowhere near the Cotswolds, it's basically on the M40!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.