Fashion Mumblr #2 Ghostbusters - Lady Aga & her pink shorted dwarf gardener in Lala Land

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha this is why I use Rakuten (Ebates) that is essentially an affiliate link program but I get some % back to myself and they keep the other portion. By doing this- it cancels out (for example) Josie’s links. 😂

There are a few bloggers out there that talk about the affiliate programs that range from 2-50% commissions. It depends on the companies’s affiliate program.

Bloody hell she's got eyebrows like Lidl Millen
I can’t watch Lydia E Millen. Her eyebrows bother me sooooo much that it distracts me from the whole video.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I actually use amazon affiliates and that’s not how it works. You only get up to 10% commission on the product linked. Where did you guys get this info otherwise?
I read up a bit on terms and coditions, I'll try and find the source again later, and it appears I was a bit mistaken about what I said earlier which applies to RStyle but not Amazon. There are a lot of affiliate programs out there, apparently also pay per lead etc. where youtubers earn money from people signing up to a free trial and not even spending any money. I need to research this in more detail later as I find it pretty interesting to know about.

According to what I read any product put in the shopping cart within 24 hours of clicking the link is attibuted to the link, if purchased withing the next 89 days. So it does apply to other products purchased on Amazon, not just the linked product, but not for 30 days as is the case with some other affiliate programs.

Is this how it works for you? Could be that there are regional differences, that would be really interesting to know.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Small SURVEY, just for the fun of this thread:

Obviously, we are all annoyed with Lady Aga and her house & garden joke. I sometimes ask myself, if so, why on earth do I still flick through their vlogs and not stop watching at all? Actually and normally in real life, it’s none of my business how other people look or how they live. In real life, I restrain from judging others and try to live and let live. Not so with influencers: Well, one reason why I keep on flicking through the vlogs is just for the fun of this thread. I love to read and comment on your funny and often insightful posts and it’s a kind of distraction from my job. However, that’s the only reason, why I keep on track with those weirdos. Mostly, I get annoyed with primarily the house joke Charlie, then I don’t like what the channel has turned into – namely, a mere advertising channel -, after a few seconds watching, Ads pop up, which turns me off already. And when I read your comments on how they ruin that beautiful house by making a pink castle out of it, destroying nature around the house, pretending to be Lady and Lord of Cotswold while being dumb as tit, I’m really so fed up with them that I swear to myself not watching anymore. I don’t know whether I’d better stop watching them at all. I mean, each click on their videos helps them to move on with that crap, right. I don’t want to be one of their promoters. If there’s only one click less, I’d belong to the change I want to see in the world.

HOW ABOUT YOU? Have you ever thought of your reasons why you keep on watching? It’ll be fun if you posted them and we’d endorse each others masochism – haha! :)

My reasons to keep on watching (flicking through the vlogs):

• First and foremost: this thread and the community here
  • Distraction from my job (I’m working from home at the moment)
  • I love this beautiful historic house
  • I actually came from the Clapham house in London, which I loved more, kept on watching…
  • It’s fun imagining how to furnish the house – I love interior design and architecture, which I’m obsessed with for my own house (totally different to their style of course :) )
  • Escapism? I love to live where I live, I’m completely satisfied with my own house, but I am dreaming of a holiday home in England (just dreaming!)
  • Are we all masochistic when we keep on occupying ourselves with those weirdos?

WHAT ARE YOUR REASONS TO KEEP ON WATCHING? Looking forward to reading your replies! :)
I keep watching now because I watch LEM and ITF and the competition and comparison between these Three Stooges is just too funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hi I’m a newbie! At first I was excited for the new direction on her channel but then I realised I was watching a commercial the whole time I like to be inspired but showing high end most of the time is disconnecting for me. If she’s smart she should consider realistic and obtainable Items or find reasonable alternatives be humble!! yes throw in high end I can appreciate it but know your audience not everything needs to be high end.

I love the house but feel the house will become to precious to live in, Being told not to make a mess and in my opinion not in a relaxed state, It looks and feels exhausting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I read up a bit on terms and coditions, I'll try and find the source again later, and it appears I was a bit mistaken about what I said earlier which applies to RStyle but not Amazon. There are a lot of affiliate programs out there, apparently also pay per lead etc. where youtubers earn money from people signing up to a free trial and not even spending any money. I need to research this in more detail later as I find it pretty interesting to know about.

According to what I read any product put in the shopping cart within 24 hours of clicking the link is attibuted to the link, if purchased withing the next 89 days. So it does apply to other products purchased on Amazon, not just the linked product, but not for 30 days as is the case with some other affiliate programs.

Is this how it works for you? Could be that there are regional differences, that would be really interesting to know.
I have both US and UK Amazon affiliate links and it only applies to if someone purchases to item they click.

Other affiliate programs work differently. There are some where you do get a pay per click, which is better for those just starting out who aren’t yet converting sales. But I’ve not heard of one where you get everything the individual purchases in a certain window.

Reactions: 3

That’s really interesting and helpful to know! With that in mind, I‘ll never click on any influencer‘s affiliate link again, unless I like them, which is highly unlikely! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In her new video, she's purchased a pair of Burberry jodhpurs. That, incidentally, she wants to wear with a Barbour jacket and wellies. She is truly creating a wardrobe of country costumes.

And, just on a bitter/petty note, as an equestrian myself, has Josie darling ever even seen a horse?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Charlie just said about moving a flower where her mum is going to live, think we were right!

At 14:02 in todays vlog

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Charlie just said about moving a flower where her mum is going to live, think we were right!

At 14:02 in todays vlog
What a catch! I completely missed that. The jig is so, so up. I'm honestly surprised that she hasn't mentioned the guest house at all, even if not to own up to her mother living there, if just to share with the viewers and pass it off as a place for visitors because she's obsessed with sharing everything else.

I bet her dreams of a "wildflower meadow" are so that she won't have to maintain or hire someone to maintain such a large area of lawn. Already cutting corners.

Reactions: 9
That’s really interesting and helpful to know! With that in mind, I‘ll never click on any influencer‘s affiliate link again, unless I like them, which is highly unlikely! 😆
I need to look this up a bit more, as Catchingstars2134 has pointed out, some of the information I have found is either dated, dependent on region or incorrect but I'll do some research over the weekend and post more information on Sunday with sources. I'm really interested in this too and it's really eye-opening.

I have both US and UK Amazon affiliate links and it only applies to if someone purchases to item they click.

Other affiliate programs work differently. There are some where you do get a pay per click, which is better for those just starting out who aren’t yet converting sales. But I’ve not heard of one where you get everything the individual purchases in a certain window.
Thanks for the information, I'm trying to find better sources for what I posted earlier. Most of the sources I found were second hand and not directly from say terms and conditions of these companies.

Reactions: 5
A pink bathtub... No words. I actually like the idea of a wildflower garden and to get that overgrown English countryside look is quite difficult to achieve I believe!

• Haha
  • Wow
I caught Charlie mentioning Josie's mum moving into the property too. I wonder if / when she will show the guest house. I also am nosy and wonder what the financial split was since they get the mansion and she gets the guest house.

Reactions: 8
A pink bathtub... No words. I actually like the idea of a wildflower garden and to get that overgrown English countryside look is quite difficult to achieve I believe!
What do you think is next, pink walls, pink sinks or pink toilet? :ROFLMAO:
Wildflowers are nice and she has a big enough garden to turn part into a meadow for bees.

• Haha
  • Wow
She also keeps mentioning she has a substantial mortgage, must be so stressful. I hope Charlie is contributing in some way. Although their mortgage can't be too bad, sale of the London house, 900k, sale of mother's house, I have no idea but say 500k, could be less, could be more. She wouldn't have needed to borrow too much and can also sell off the gatehouse if need be. Tbh I think that would be a better plan if they're stressed over the mortgage. They probably won't be in London as often as they think anyway and can always get a hotel to sponsor a stay.

Thanks for sharing! Always good to know! 👍

I knew the flowers were going to die. They were planting out and the temperature dropped below zero for three nights in a row. I didn’t tell her 🤣

• Haha
I knew the flowers were going to die. They were planting out and the temperature dropped below zero for three nights in a row. I didn’t tell her 🤣
This is what I automatically thought, as well! And then she just kept going on and on about how the farmer next door was using weed killer - if it was their weed killer, it could have also been (and would have been more likely to be) Charlie's!

‘We’ve put so much time into this garden, well we’ve only been here a month’.
Love, you planted some herbs and flowers, you’ve not exactly created that whole garden! You’ve only spent time gardening anyway because you can’t do anything in the house as you’re not being gifted enough objects to start filling it!!
She’s in such a little dream world.
She must have known the bit about her mum living there is clear enough to be heard. I’m surprised she’s gone down that path to announce it.

Reactions: 11
‘We’ve put so much time into this garden, well we’ve only been here a month’.
Love, you planted some herbs and flowers, you’ve not exactly created that whole garden! You’ve only spent time gardening anyway because you can’t do anything in the house as you’re not being gifted enough objects to start filling it!!
She’s in such a little dream world.
She must have known the bit about her mum living there is clear enough to be heard. I’m surprised she’s gone down that path to announce it.
1 month and they are killing it. This is sad 😂

I’m going to be blocked
AF4EC47B-4E16-4C24-80C2-9FEDC6444747.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.